PDA

View Full Version : Update

trndobrd
02-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Finally, I got some regular internet access, so I can get on the Planet once in a while. It is certainly good to be back. The night crew seems to be a little disappointing. Maybe they have not recovered from their Super Bowl hangovers. A little update on what's been going on here....

We made it North from Kuwait at the end of November. It was a three day drive and uneventful except for one IED, which did not injure anyone and caused only superficial damage to a couple vehicles.

We lived in some very questionable tents for about 45 days and began to take over our mission. Last month we moved into some trailers and got some office space for our headquarters.

We are located on LSA Anaconda. Quite honestly, it is probably the best place to be in Northern Iraq. We receive indirect fire every couple of days, and small arms fire every now and again. But, by and large, nothing too exciting. I'll take 'boring' to 'exciting' every time.

Kevin mentioned "big sandy", which is something of a misnomer. In fact, the soil is mostly clay. Kind of like parts of Oklahoma (although I think the standard of living and literacy rate is higher here) it gets very gooey when it rains.

Finally, we got through the elections. I know certain members around here have poo-pooed the elections for a number of reasons. However, people voting is a wonderful thing. Something we shouldn't take for granted. (I hope the last comment was a-political enough to keep this out of 'Washington D.C.') Sitting ringside for a bit of history is always interesting.

mikey23545
02-09-2005, 07:56 AM
You are performing great works, my friend.

Thank you.

Phobia
02-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Great job. In 90/91 the weather was unseasonably cool. Same thing?

Check your smoke sigs, please.

redfan
02-09-2005, 09:17 AM
ied - Improvised explosive device?

There are many in this country who appreciate what you guys are doing over there. (<---me for one, (even if I don't think we should be over there in the first place, but the election is very important for the people's self-worth.))

Keep yer head on a swivel.

chiefs4me
02-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Good to hear from you again...please stay safe and know that you all over in Iraq are in my prayers.

stumppy
02-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Keep up the GREAT work. Good to hear from you, hope you are able to post more often now. For what it's worth, me and mine are behind you 100%.:thumb:

As my old attorney use to tell me:
Watch your back and keep your powder dry.

kc rush
02-09-2005, 09:20 AM
:thumb: Rep to you for doing your thing. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
02-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Thank you for your service. :thumb:

Soupnazi
02-09-2005, 09:27 AM
You da man...Keep up the good work.

badgirl
02-09-2005, 10:51 AM
You're doing a great service to our country and the people in Iraq, Thank you so much for having all our backs, and the sacrafices all you guys are making.

Tell everyone we are proud of you guys and I keep you all in my prayers each night. God Bless :clap:

Gloria :thumb:

Donger
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Great to hear from you trndobrd! Thanks for your service.

Stay safe, get home soon and stop questioning Kerry's patriotism.

2bikemike
02-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey glad to hear your doing ok. Thanks for doing your duty. Tell your troops the same. We support you 100% in the 2bike family.

teedubya
02-09-2005, 11:16 AM
right on... rep for tnrdobird.

Eleazar
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Great to hear from you, stay safe and keep doing the good work that you're doing. We support you back at home.

Dartgod
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't have anything to say except, Thank You! :thumb:

StcChief
02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks for your service to freedom's cause

Rain Man
02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Glad you're doing well, trndobrd. If you have the opportunity to loot any museums, would you please bring me an amphora?

Phobia
02-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Glad you're doing well, trndobrd. If you have the opportunity to loot any museums, would you please bring me an amphora?

As long as he's taking requests, go ahead and engrave my name on a couple of oil wells. I'm not greedy. Two should suffice.

bogie
02-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks for everything that you're doing for us.

stumppy
02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
As long as he's taking requests, go ahead and engrave my name on a couple of oil wells. I'm not greedy. Two should suffice.

You're doing requests too ? Well hell, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to have the rag off of one of the insurgents head. And while you're at it could you make sure it has a bullet hole surrounded by his blood ?
Much appreciated.

stumppy

big nasty kcnut
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
My friend thank for serving. Plus remember keep your head low and your outlook high.

Iowanian
02-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks.
Stay safe.
Kick ass if required.

If the 3/7cav rolls through, give my brother a shout out.

If you need something, or have someone in your unit who doesn't get much, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Inspector
02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Stay safe and thanks for your service.

My son just got back to Ft. Riley after doing about a year there. What a sigh of relief at our house.

morphius
02-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Hope you and your buddies make it home safe!

Sounds like a pretty nasty enviornment, can't imagine clay being much better then sand.

Manila-Chief
02-10-2005, 02:04 AM
I try not to be political, but I can say THANKS!!! Be careful ... as if anyone needs to say that to you but .... maybe better ... be wise!!!!

trndobrd
02-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments. Unfortunately, I can't do much for most of the requests...some kind of orders against taking war trophies and stealing antiquities. Somewhere along the line 'plundering' became a no-no.

Manila-Chief
02-10-2005, 05:20 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments. Unfortunately, I can't do much for most of the requests...some kind of orders against taking war trophies and stealing antiquities. Somewhere along the line 'plundering' became a no-no.

To solve your problem, you could issue an invitaion for those guys to go over and get them for themselves.