PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL** KU owns Kstate @ Bramlage thread.

teedubya
02-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Well, we may not own them this year, but the precedence is in tact. 21 straight visits to Manhattan @ Bramlage and their previous digs.

Unbelievable streak... one of the most impressive streaks in all of college basketball. To repeatedly OWN your instate rival 21 times in a row on THEIR home court is utterly embarrassing.

Hopefully for you, they beat KU tonight. Hopefully for all of the smart fans in Crimson and Blue, that doesnt happen... at least not this year. Although, Im beginning to pity you.

:ksu: prepare for your yearly @home thrashing.

heh.

Rock Chalk :KU:

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah...keep doing this. It worked great for me. :D

teedubya
02-09-2005, 08:06 AM
dude.

Just one question, who you gonna root for tonight?

ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 08:06 AM
dude.

Just one question, who you gonna root for tonight?

ROFL
Jeez..I wonder. ;)

teedubya
02-09-2005, 08:07 AM
well when Miles and Giddens connect on multiple alley-oops, please refrain from cheering. I know it will be tough, as it will occur often.

well.. i guess you can cheer a little bit.

so you gonna wear KU hat and KState shirt or what?

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 08:10 AM
No special attire for me tonight. I'm saving my big plan for the football game. Just my KSU hoody which i'm wearing now, and a K-State hat. You might even see me on tv.

I thought about wearing a hairpiece, though...ROFL

Braincase
02-09-2005, 08:56 AM
K-State is going down like a cheerleader on prom night.

redfan
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Gotta root fer the 'dog in this one. K-State needs it more.
All streaks eventually come to an end...

It ain't gonna matter anyhoo... ku by ten...

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 09:04 AM
For your reading enjoyment, from LJW

Solid in the Little Apple

K-State may have found a star in Jeremiah Massey. But will he matter against KU and its Big Three of Miles, Langford and Simien?

By Gary Bedore, Assistant Sports Editor

Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Manhattan — Tonight, for the first time in a long time, the men's basketball teams of Kansas University and Kansas State each will have all-Big 12 Conference candidates on the floor.

Kansas State, which hasn't had a first-team all-league player since Elliot Hatcher in 1996 -- that's right, in the old Big Eight -- has a bona fide contender in Jeremiah Massey.

The senior forward takes a 17.3 scoring and 6.4 rebounding average for KSU (13-6 overall, 3-5 Big 12) into tonight's game against the Wayne Simien/Keith Langford/Aaron Miles-led Jayhawks (18-1, 8-0).

Tip is 8:05 p.m. with a live telecast on channels 13 and 38 (Sunflower Broadband Channel 15).

"He can play. He's definitely all-Big 12," Oklahoma State's Joey Graham said after Massey had 25 points and eight boards in a 77-57 Cowboys victory Feb. 2 in Stillwater, Okla. "His physicality surprised me. He got in there and banged, and he can finish plays."

Massey, a 6-foot-7, 230-pound senior from Detroit, will not take the Jayhawks by surprise.

"I think he is one of the most underrated players, and he is one of the most productive in our league," KU coach Bill Self said. "He's shooting 50 percent from the field. He gets fouled a ton. He's hard to guard. He can face it and drive so well. He's tough, a really good player."

This season, Massey has shot 50 percent from the field and 80.8 percent from the free-throw line.

Kansas University's Aaron Miles, Keith Langford and Wayne Simien each are legitimate all-Big 12 Conference players. But so is Kansas State's Jeremiah Massey, above, who averages 17.3 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.

"I've watched him play on TV. He's good," KU sophomore J.R. Giddens said. "We will have a hard time matching up."

One of the Jayhawks who likely will guard Massey equally is respectful.

"Massey is playing very well. You can say we have to work on guarding him," junior Christian Moody said. "He'll be a big focus for us."

One of the Jayhawks who won't be guarding Massey knows the Wildcat well.

"I know Massey from working camps with him this summer. He's cool. He's good," said KU junior guard Jeff Hawkins, who worked Washburn coach Bob Chipman's camps with Massey.

He's not the Wildcats' only threat.

KSU has shot 40.3 percent from three-point range, including 41.7 percent in Big 12 games. Cartier Martin has made 30 of 60 and Lance Harris 30 of 73, while Fred Peete has cashed 26 of 73 and Clent Stewart 18 of 52.

"They were 47 percent in conference play until their last game," Self said of KSU's disappointing 70-60 home loss to the Buffs.

"They didn't shoot well against Colorado. They've got three guys in the game all the time that can stretch the defense and have a guy in the post as good as anybody in the league drawing numbers."

That guy is Massey, who is wary of the Jayhawks after KU has reeled off 21 straight victories in Manhattan and 28 overall against K-State.

"They are a good team, just like everybody else in the Big 12," Massey said after Saturday's loss to CU. "It'll take us playing our kind of basketball. We've got to come out and play hard-nosed ball the way we've done all year."

Of the streak, he said: "I don't even pay attention to that. I just come out every night and play basketball."

The Wildcats' thoughts about the game have been kept to themselves since Saturday. The KSU players have been off-limits to the media.

"I don't every remember doing that (before). I just want them focused on going to school and preparing to play this game," KSU coach Jim Wooldridge said. "I just want them a little more focused on getting prepared to play the game. I don't know that they have anything that they can say that would make a big difference to the public right now, and I just decided I'd take care of all the public statements."

Bumps: C.J. Giles (bruised foot) and Alex Galindo (groin) each practiced Tuesday but are listed as "doubtful" for tonight.

KSU's Marcus Hayden has missed the last two games because of migraine headaches and has not practiced this week.

"He hasn't practiced enough and is not in a position where we can play him right now," Wooldridge said.

Sellout crowd: Tonight's game is a sellout, KSU's first since the 2002-03 season when capacity crowds packed Bramlage Coliseum for games against Texas Tech and KU.

"That's the loudest I've ever played here in Bramlage Coliseum," sophomore guard Lance Harris said of last year's 78-70 loss to KU in Manhattan. "It's a big game, a rival game. But it's more than just a rival game to us, because our backs are against the wall and we need the ‘W' bad."

He was asked if this year's team was more equipped to beat KU.

"I believe so," Harris said. "We have more talent and our players are being a lot more aggressive, so I think we will have a good chance."

Job in jeopardy?: Wooldridge was asked Tuesday about his job status, which he and K-State athletic director Tim Weiser have discussed.

"I don't think we need go into detail right now about what Tim and I talked about," Wooldridge said. "To sum it up, improvement and overall improvement of the program and more success and better attendance and all the things we want out of this program. Tim and I are very much on the same page with expectations and improvement and success and what all that means.

"I think that would be fair to say that in these next eight ballgames we need to show success and that these young kids are getting better and there is a base underneath the program and the team that can grow as time goes on."

HC_Chief
02-09-2005, 09:17 AM
<h1>1983</h1>

That was the year KSU last defeated KU in Manhattan, KS.

hehehe
RCJGKU
:KU:

Eleazar
02-09-2005, 09:21 AM
ZZZ

Come on, do the mildcats really think they have a chance? They just got punked at home by Colorado.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 09:23 AM
ZZZ

Come on, do the mildcats really think they have a chance? They just got punked at home by Colorado.
Gotta have hope. I can't believe they lost to CU at home. That was the worst game i've seen all year.

That being said..we are a desperate team. And desperate times call for desperate measures! :ksu:

HC_Chief
02-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Gotta have hope. I can't believe they lost to CU at home. That was the worst game i've seen all year.

That being said..we are a desperate team. And desperate times call for desperate measures! :ksu:

...like losing at home by 23. :D

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Pity me?

Must be slow day sellin' T-shirts.

teedubya
02-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Pity me?

Must be slow day sellin' T-shirts.

Well...okay, not so much 'pity'... more like Im laughing at your sorry patheticness.

Mr. Kotter
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Didn't you post a thread like this before the Villanova game? :(

Mr. Kotter
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
<h1>1983</h1>

That was the year KSU last defeated KU in Manhattan, KS.

hehehe
RCJGKU

Yeah, yeah....that was a road trip we took to Manhattan. AggieVille sure sucked that night--relatively speaking anyway.

Lzen
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Published Wednesday, February 9, 2005

KU may use zone tonight

By Kevin Haskin
The Capital-Journal

MANHATTAN -- For many basketball coaches, playing zone defense is like wearing jeans to church and hoping the preacher doesn't ask about it.

"We play zone a total of three minutes in '05 and now we're going to make a story out of it. That's great," chided Tim Jankovich, the Kansas assistant who prodded Bill Self into breaking out the 3-2 zone recently.

A brief switch caused problems for Missouri, then slowed the momentum Nebraska was building in the first half on Saturday.

In each of those last two games the No. 3 Jayhawks eventually triumphed by double digits.

They stand 18-1 overall and 8-0 in the Big 12 entering an 8 p.m. game tonight against Kansas State (13-6, 3-5) in Bramlage Coliseum. KU has never lost in Bramlage, has won 21 straight in Manhattan and 28 straight in the series.

As for any zone looks tonight, well, guess what defense caused the Wildcats fits in their last game, a startling 70-60 homecourt loss to Colorado.

Yessir, a 2-3 zone. The Cats couldn't shoot over the top, misfiring on 20 of 26 bombs from 3-point range.

"I could see us playing some zone. It's certainly helped us the last two games," KU coach Bill Self said. "We haven't played it much, but it's disrupted rhythm and made for longer possessions, which if you have a lead that's pretty important."

Whenever Self talks about his zone, he usually provides a disclaimer.

He states that the defense KU plays will always be based on man principles. Just 5 to 10 minutes of practice is ever spent meddling with the 3-2, said Self, who also notes problems the Jayhawks have rebounding out of the zone.

"It's good to do it every now and then and take a team out of its rhythm," said KU point guard Aaron Miles. "Being active is the key. Just because you're in a zone doesn't mean you can rest in a zone."

Frankly, the Jayhawks need to be good mano-a-mano tonight.

The 3-point bricks K-State stacked against Colorado were probably an aberration, though a zone is worth trying against the Cats as one method for corralling talented senior forward Jeremiah Massey.

"I think they're much improved. Certainly they've shot the ball great," Self said. "That's one game out of how many where they didn't shoot it well because they're shooting 40 percent from beyond the arc for the year and in conference play."

If KU is compelled to play a little zone, the look won't confuse longtime K-State fans, who recall the 3-2 played by Jack Hartman's teams.

Jankovich, a former Wildcat, remembers, too.

"This (KU defense) is similar, but I don't know if it's exactly the same," Jankovich said. "The 3-pointer has changed things so much. Zoning was a lot different than it is now, because you have to protect the 3-point line. Having the guy at the top be active and understanding everything around him, that's the key spot."

J.R. Giddens and Keith Langford share that responsibility for KU and -- arms extended -- try to disrupt whatever they can.

"I like being on the side of the zone, because most of the shooters are on the side," said the 6-foot-5 Giddens. "Out on the top spot, you're kind of blind and have to depend on people communicating, but I also like to direct traffic. So if that's the key spot, I say, 'Sure, coach.' "

As for the best Jankovich ever saw play out top, that's easy.

"Rolando (Blackman). He was terrific," Jankovich said of the former K-State All-American. "But then he was good at whatever he did."

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Go :KU:

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Zone may or may not work against us, depending on how are shooters are doing. Lance Harris, Fred Peete, and Cartier Martin (if he isn't playing the post) can and will shoot the trey.

Simien doesn't worry me too much in this game. I'm very worried about Miles and Giddens from the outside. Thats been the downfall of us all season, getting pushed around in a screen, and allowing the trey.

Bearcat
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Tough choice tonight.... KU game, or watching Duke beat UNC.

HC_Chief
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Tough choice tonight.... KU game, or watching Duke beat UNC.

No doubt... Duke/UNC should be awesome. Plus, it's on HDTV :D

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 12:32 PM
the mildcats actually have a chance this time around IMO because of their size.

the 'Hawks have size issues ... Simien is listed at 6'9" and i think he's closer to 6'7" and Moody plays small.

the mildcats play a 3 forward setup and can eventually wear down the 'Hawks if they keep pounding it down low.

moody - a defensive weakness against a legit big man

simien - the harder he works on defense, the less he has on offense

Kaun - can get him in foul trouble pretty easy

Giles - even if he plays, can foul out in under 5 minutes

niang - decent defensively, but major issue on offense

Giddens - at 6'5" forcing him to play defense against a legit forward is a problem.

darnell jackson - million dollar body, 10 cent head? (could be just a frosh thing)

mildcats need to pound it down low over and over again ... even if they fall behind. In the 2nd half they may just win by default.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 12:32 PM
I think Duke is overmatched, personally. I think UNC will win that one running away.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Probable starters:

5 Clent Stewart G 6-4 195 Fr. 5.6 ppg., 3.9 apg.

12 Fred Peete G 6-4 200 So. 13.4 ppg., 4.9 rpg.

15 Jeremiah Massey F 6-7 220 Sr. 17.3 ppg., 6.4 rpg.

20 Cartier Martin F 6-7 220 So. 11.1 ppg., 5.3 rpg.

55 Tyler Hughes F 6-11 240 So. 2.9 ppg., 3.1 rpg.

Lzen
02-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I would guess that your shooters won't be doing as well tonight as they are normally accustomed. KU is the top team in the Big 12 in FG % defense. Plus, that 3-2 zone is a little different than the typical zone teams see (2-3). I don't care much for the zone myself unless it's just used as changeup from time to time. KU will mainly play man up defense and make KSU work for those shots.

jcroft
02-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, I'm a KU fan who moved to Manhattan this year. This is what I know about tonight's game:

- I expect KU to win big.
- But still, KSU is improving and I'm more worried about losing to them this year than most others.
- If KSU does pull off the upset, it will be okay, because Aggieville will be jumpin' tonight. :)

Lzen
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Saul, I'm betting on Duke. That is, if I were a betting man. ;) Roy has always struggled against the Blue Devils. We'll see if that changes tonight. Personally, I hate Duke and would love to see UNC win at their place but I don't see it happening.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Depends on if Duke brings in their own refs or not.

Lzen
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah, Saul. One other thing. Remember, you can't spell suck without KSU. :p

teedubya
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
i think i may tivo that UNC Duke game... I hear that if Duke is winning in final 2 minutes, they are gonna do the Rock Chalk Jayhawk chant. heh.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah, Saul. One other thing. Remember, you can't spell suck without KSU. :p
Can't spell suck without KU either. I'm assuming that was an Ali Chi3fs tee shirt. Its not very clever. :)

teedubya
02-09-2005, 12:58 PM
nope, not one of my shirts... but I did rep him, if that counts.

Lzen
02-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Can't spell suck without KU either. I'm assuming that was an Ali Chi3fs tee shirt. Its not very clever. :)

Yeah, I thought of that. But it sounds better with the KSU. I don't remember where I first heard that one. It's been around awhile.

Lzen
02-09-2005, 01:10 PM
i think i may tivo that UNC Duke game... I hear that if Duke is winning in final 2 minutes, they are gonna do the Rock Chalk Jayhawk chant. heh.

Are you kidding me? In a way, I think that would be kinda funny. But at the same time, I would have to say, "damn thieves, get your own chant".

SithCeNtZ
02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I thought of that. But it sounds better with the KSU. I don't remember where I first heard that one. It's been around awhile.

Ku's homecoming shirts this year had that phrase on it.

Bearcat
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM

lol... they've been pretty creative this year... I love the rivalry, and I've enjoyed watching a few games at Duke this year just to see what's new with the crazies.

I'd just like to see all the UNC cocksucking backfire on ESPN, and see Duke beat them by 25... I know it won't be that bad, but I'm just a little tired of hearing how great of a *cough*regularseason*cough* team they are.

HC_Chief
02-09-2005, 03:21 PM
What gets me is they act as though they've never seen that offense before. FFS, KU looked just like them over Roy's last 4 seasons @ Kansas.

If it isn't happening on the east coast, I guess it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

ESPN = Pack of fuqtards

Pants
02-09-2005, 03:48 PM
ZZZ

Colorado beat Texas the other day.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Texas sucks.

ChiTown
02-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Better:

You can't spell Lucky without KU. See you at Bramlage. I'm leaving in 15 minutes................... :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Pants
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Texas sucks.

Not as bad as MU.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Better:

You can't spell Lucky without KU. See you at Bramlage. I'm leaving in 15 minutes................... :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:
Im leaving in an hour, so I can wait in line to get the good seats heeyaaaa....I'm glad it warmed up a bit.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Not as bad as MU.
MU is a solid 11th place in the Big XII this year. Baylor might give em a run for their money.

Pants
02-09-2005, 03:58 PM
MU is a solid 11th place in the Big XII this year. Baylor might give em a run for their money.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 03:58 PM
ROFL
Heh. Whats funny is i'm not joking.

Bearcat
02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
What gets me is they act as though they've never seen that offense before. FFS, KU looked just like them over Roy's last 4 seasons @ Kansas.

If it isn't happening on the east coast, I guess it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

ESPN = Pack of fuqtards

Like I said in another thread, the media has such a short attention span between what is entertaining and what wins championships.... it's happened with the Colts the past few years, and for now in CBB it's UNC. There's no way this UNC team is as talented as some of the KU teams that didn't win it all. Of course, it doesn't mean UNC can't win it all, but I think their time would be much better spent mentioning the other teams in the top 10-15 every once in a while.

The more I think about the Cameron Crazies doing the Rock Chalk Jayhawk chant, the more I'm excited I am to watch that game.... if Duke wins, and they do that, it'll be classic :)

Saulbadguy
02-09-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm off to Manhattan. See y'all later.

Pants
02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm off to Manhattan. See y'all later.

I'm off to a Biology lab. See y'all later.

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Like I said in another thread, the media has such a short attention span between what is entertaining and what wins championships.... it's happened with the Colts the past few years, and for now in CBB it's UNC. There's no way this UNC team is as talented as some of the KU teams that didn't win it all. Of course, it doesn't mean UNC can't win it all, but I think their time would be much better spent mentioning the other teams in the top 10-15 every once in a while.

The more I think about the Cameron Crazies doing the Rock Chalk Jayhawk chant, the more I'm excited I am to watch that game.... if Duke wins, and they do that, it'll be classic :)
Rumor had it they were going to do the chant last year but they didn't.

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
nope, not one of my shirts... but I did BLOW him, if that counts.

It does.

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Is this going to be on local TV only? If so, we will need a running account of the game.

DJay23
02-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Rumor had it they were going to do the chant last year but they didn't.
You are correct sir.

royc03
02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Play by Play for me plz, while im at my gf's, cant get the game down here .........

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Who is gonna help a brother out with frequent updates?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
KU has tip

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Siemen with a 2

JR with a 3 ...5 - 0

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Massey with a 2 plus a foul

royc03
Thanks Dad

ROYC75
FT good 5 - 3

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Moody tip in for 2

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Hello III

Hows TN ?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
WS with a FT

2nd one good too KU 9-3

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
9-5 Martin with a 2

Langford a 3.....12-5

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Moody tip in for 2
How are you getting the game in Kentucky?

ROYC75
Miles miss a 3 ... WS tip in, actually a jam

14-5

royc03
Hello III

Hows TN ?

Good. Im having a great time. :p

Better time then i have there at home. Do Jordan and Chasity miss me ???

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
How are you getting the game in Kentucky?

ESPN Full Court

Kahn with a tip in.... KU up 16-5

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I'd like to thank the local cable company in downtown KCMO for not having this game on the tube at work.

royc03
Gettin ready to eat some cavatini for supper, me and my gf cooked it dad.

Phobia

DAMN - I thought you were gone for 7 or 8 or 8.5 or 9 days?

It hasn't even been 5. WTF?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Peete with a 3

16-8

KU with a tournover

Harris a 3

16-11 KU up

royc03
02-09-2005, 08:17 PM
DAMN - I thought you were gone for 7 or 8 or 8.5 or 9 days?

It hasn't even been 5. WTF?

Im down here at my gfs so i am gone.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:17 PM
KU with a Time out ....

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd like to thank the local cable company in downtown KCMO for not having this game on the tube at work.
See, cable companies suck.

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
See, cable companies suck.

Yes they do. I'd like to be watching this game regardless of the outcome.

Keep the updates coming. Beats waiting on the internet.

Skip Towne

Hey III ya gettin' any?

Phobia
Im down here at my gfs so i am gone.

Then why didn't you post a "Goodbye Kentucky" thread instead of "Goodbye ChiefsPlanet"? That would have made more sense.

ROYC75
Trading defensive stops

royc03
02-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Be back in a little bit, eatin some cavatini for supper, keep the play-by-play goin. Thanks.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:22 PM
KSU for 2 .... Name ?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:22 PM
16 - 13 TV time out KU up

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
KU came out hot.... KSU time out stopped that

KSU came back hot..... Hopefully a KU time out will stop that.

Crowd is in to it

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:25 PM
KU turnover

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Peete for 3

Tied up

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM
KL for 3 KU up

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Roy, thanks for the updates.

I'll break a golf club in your honor.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
KU turnover on a fast break

We are winning that war 5 - 1

Harris with a 3

Tied game

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I mean losing the TO battle

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Score and time Roy C

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Another TO for KU

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
19 all

8:30 lrft

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
JR for 3

22-19 KU

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:31 PM
TV time out 7:33 left

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:31 PM
So far it's all 3 ball for KSU...

Doesn't bode well for when the legs go soft...

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:33 PM
KU ball after time out

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
It's getting rough down low

Both sides

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
WS rebound for 2

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:36 PM
24-19 KU

It's rough.

KSU must be pissed about the streak and the football loss

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:37 PM
KSU turn over

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:37 PM
WS top of the key for 2

26-19

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Damn ...... :eek:

8 guys on the floor for a loose ball

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
F*cking announcersTalking about a drought for KSU, no basket for 5 minutes.... KU turnover KSU fast break

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Another TV time out 26-21

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
3 ;49 left half

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Peete for 2 FT's 26-23

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
:eek:

Massey threw Kahn on the floor.

It's rough

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
JR alleyoop for 2

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:45 PM
KL for 3

KU up 31-23

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
It's about time we threw somebody on the floor...

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:47 PM
KSU turn over

WS with a tip in

10 point KU lead

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
KSU with a turn over

KU fast break for 2

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Fabulous...

ROYC75
They are letting them play

Nobody is in foul trouble

Massey for 2 in the lane

Skip Towne
Beak 'em Hawks!!!!!!!

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:51 PM
KSU turnover

30 ticks left

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Halftime

KU 35
KSU 25

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Hawks need kaun to be able to step up without getting into foul trouble in the worse way.

(maybe not for this game ... but they'll need him in the tourney)

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Down 10. Zero presence in the paint. Relying on the 3 ball.

Not a winning formula.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Duke is up on NC by 7....36/29

Skip Towne
Halftime

KU 35
KSU 25
Halftime score: Duke 36, UNC 29

Mr. Laz
btw...

duke by 7 at the half over UNC

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Is Duke ahead?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
ESPN is kissing the Illini's ass right now.

the Talking Can
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
man, we need someone in the post besides Wayne to get some rebounds and score....Moody, Kaun, Niang, Jackson...all of them have major flaws, maybe Giles is the answer when he gets back...offensive rebounds have kept KSU in the game

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Is Duke ahead?
I think North Carolina is losing.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:07 PM
2nd half..... KU ball

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:08 PM
JR on top for 3

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Peete for 3 KSU

JR for 2 KU

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 09:09 PM
JR on top for 3

what is KSU thinking... u don't leave gidden wide open for the 3

he's limited in his offense, the 3 and the alley oop. :shake:

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:10 PM
WS for 1 FT

2nd miss

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:11 PM
WS for 3

KU up 44-28

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 09:11 PM
big W with the 3

44-29 KU

the Talking Can
02-09-2005, 09:12 PM
if Dub is hitting 3's you're in trouble

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:12 PM
JFC, Simeon with a trey?

F*ck that.

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Looking at the box score, it shows that Wooly played 6 guys the entire first half. Hughes got limited minutes so basically the starters went the distance.

This'll be a 20 point blowout.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Massey with 2, Moody with 3rd foul

Missed FT

KU 44-30

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
KSU Haris for 2

KU Kahn for 2

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
that was a pathetic Flop ...

bad acting

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Massey fouled

Makes 2 FT's

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:18 PM
KL for 2

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Roccckkk..Challllkkk..JayyyyHawwwk..KU.

Mr. Laz
need Kaun up to 20+ minutes per game by tourney time

:clap:

he brings us some much need size in the paint

the Talking Can
I really like the way we're playing sinve the Nova blowout...lots of passing

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Peete for 3

48-37 KU

KL for 2

50-37

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
WS with a jump hook

52-37I can't type fast enough

KSU turnover
Giddens slam
54-37

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
KSU with a bucket ... ?

54-39

Kahn fouled, missed FT
2nd FT is no good

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Moody just picker up another quick foul...that's 4 on him

Massey makes FT and misses 2nd one

KSU rebound

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Time out

the Talking Can
02-09-2005, 09:28 PM
uh..why do we have Hawkins/Niang/Lee/Kaun on the floor?

that's an ugly lineup

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:30 PM
WS with a turn around 2

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Play some f*cking defense.

57% from the field, 66% from 3.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Harris , KSU for 3

KU 56-43

Mr. Laz
02-09-2005, 09:32 PM
that was a BS foul..

kaun didn't hit his arm and the body contact was caused by the shooter ... not by kaun.

:shake:

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Stewart with a FT, KSU, missed 2nd

WilliamTheIrish
Sweet. Who's shooting?

Skip Towne
How much time left?

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Play D you friggin' hacks....

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:34 PM
WTF was that

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
WTF was that

Explain please...

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
How much time left?

8 : 30

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
KL slashes to the hoop for 2

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Get it under 10 and play some frappin' D !!!!

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
OK, so waht's the time and temp? I mean score?

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Explain please...

Player from each team went to the floor for the ball, ended up a held ball, but WS came away with it and stuffed the ball

No good

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Thank you, my good man.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:39 PM
58-44 KU

7:55 left

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Massy drives the lane for 2

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:40 PM
KU is still playing without Galindo and Giles

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:41 PM
C'mon... DEFENSE!!!

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Ouch ..... Massey down hard. Holding his hip

To the bench

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Martin with the foul...put a haymaker on WS

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Martin with the foul...put a haymaker on WS

Make him pay in the lane..

ROYC75
Giles is suited up, but playing unless needed.

Skip Towne
Score and time left please.

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
What Skip said....

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Make him pay in the lane..
:cuss:

OK......

Massey for 2

Massey with a steal for 2 and a foul

Fast 4 points, maybe 5 ?

58-51 KU

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Tell me what's shakin' Roy C

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Duke 59, UNC 53 with 8 minutes left

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
5:11 left

FT good

6 point game 58-52

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
KSU fast break for 2

58-54 KU

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
WS at the FT line

1st ... miss
2nd ...good

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
KL lay up good

Moody fouled out

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Massy at the line

TV time out ! :eek:

It's getting close .

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:51 PM
61-54 3:10 left

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Both good ....61-56

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
GD It!! Climb back in it!! Now play some D and foul the right guys.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
KL at the line ...1 and 1

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Missed

KSU on a 19-6 run

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Whoo Hoooo......

Milked the clock...JR for 3

Time out KSU

WilliamTheIrish
C'mon... do it you hacks!!!

ROYC75
1:36 left

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
64-56 :KU:

Peete for 3 ... :eek:

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:57 PM
64-59 now

KL at the line

Good

and good

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Foul. Foul. Foul.

ROYC75
Massey for 2

66-61 KU

58.5 ticks left

WilliamTheIrish
Hack em..

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
KSU out of time outs !

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
KL back at the line

1st good
2nd good

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Duke up by 6 with 3 minutes left. Waiting for the Rock Chalk chant from the Dookies.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Massey at the line

good

and

miss 42 sec.

KU ball
Lee fouled

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Lee hits both

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:03 PM
70-62 KU 34.0 sec.

KSU Ft good..2nd good

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
WOW..... KSU playing D

Time out KU on the inbound...couldn't get a pass off .

KU up 70-64

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Miles fouled ..... 32.9 sec

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Miss

and

good

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
KSU miss 3 attempt....

WS at the FT line

1st ...good
2nd ...good

73-64

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:09 PM
KSU witha good FT

2nd miss

KL at the line

miss

and

good

15. sec

74-65

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:09 PM
OVER

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Expletive...

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks Roy...

See ya on the course sometime...

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Nice game Cats !

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Be glad when III is back for this game tracker stuff....

I like to watch it .... not type ! :D

Spicy McHaggis
02-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Good game by the Wildcats, they fought till the end. Rock Chalk, baby.

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Duke wins by one and they didn't do the Rock Chalk chant.

the Talking Can
02-09-2005, 10:19 PM
damn, good game...that was as loud as I've ever seen Bramlage...for the men that is

Pants
02-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Duke wins by one and they didn't do the Rock Chalk chant.

They were unsure till the end. Had not been so close, they might have, who knows.

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Good game, Kittens!!

Skip Towne
02-09-2005, 10:29 PM
They were unsure till the end. Had not been so close, they might have, who knows.
By now everybody knows about it. Last year it would have been a surprise. We may not ever see it.

ROYC75
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Up by 17, I figured it was over.

The Cat's didn't quit, they held on and gave it a run at it.

The crowd was wild, the game was rough, it was fair both ways.

Great game to watch..... Even better since KU won !

Pants
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
By now everybody knows about it. Last year it would have been a surprise. We may not ever see it.

I'm just happy UNC lost. And unhappy Duke won, lol.

HemiEd
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
damn, good game...that was as loud as I've ever seen Bramlage...for the men that is

ROFL ROFL ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Can... You dog.

teedubya
02-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah...keep doing this. It worked great for me. :D

heh.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Just got home. Good effort..just didn't get the job done. This just wasn't the year. We'll get em next year.

teedubya
02-10-2005, 12:18 AM
was you kinda happy to watch the Jayhawks play though? I bet you were kinda cheering, right? In a john Kerry Flip Flop kinda way??

Saulbadguy
02-10-2005, 12:25 AM
was you kinda happy to watch the Jayhawks play though? I bet you were kinda cheering, right? In a john Kerry Flip Flop kinda way??
Got anything better than that before I go to bed?

RNR
02-10-2005, 12:28 AM
ROFL

teedubya
02-10-2005, 01:14 AM

sorry that was my best shot. ROFL

certainly, not quite as good as teh clutch 3 by Giddens with 1 minute left...

WilliamTheIrish
02-10-2005, 01:29 AM

Are you kidding? This guy has is still trying to bribe his kid to not defacate in his pull ups.

BTW... hang in there. He'll figure it out.

Hell, if his Dad did.... :)

teedubya
02-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Are you kidding? This guy has is still trying to bribe his kid to not defacate in his pull ups.

BTW... hang in there. He'll figure it out.

Hell, if his Dad did.... :)

thanks, btw, today was great... he sat on the pot saying how he couldnt poop right now... went into his bedroom and shit everywhere. Oh the joys of parenthood.

Pants
02-10-2005, 02:08 AM
thanks, btw, today was great... he sat on the pot saying how he couldnt poop right now... went into his bedroom and shit everywhere. Oh the joys of parenthood.

ROFL ROFL

Almost spit my DP, you fugging bastard.

ROYC75
02-10-2005, 08:11 AM
One would think that somewhere KSU would just forfeit that game each year at home against KU. :D

j/k....

That was a nice comeback by the Kittens, being 17 points down to make it a close game. Being out of time outs and having to foul to stop the clock stretched it to 9 points in the end.

Lzen
02-10-2005, 08:32 AM
ESPN is kissing the Illini's ass right now.

Heh, where you been all season? ESPN has been kidding their ass all season. Them and UNC. The Illini deserve it, though.

ROYC75
02-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Heh, where you been all season? ESPN has been kidding their ass all season. Them and UNC. The Illini deserve it, though.

I know they have, I was making a comment at halftime about it again.

I watched part of the Memphis - Louisville debacle.... Memphis took it to Louisville at Freedom Hall last night. What's up with that ?

Lzen
02-10-2005, 09:44 AM

That was supposed to say ESPN has been kissing their ass all season.

Bearcat
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I had a really hard time trying not to flip over to Duke/UNC, even though I was recording it.... it was a pretty decent atmosphere at Allen West last night. I missed KSU's second big run though..... KU was up ~15, flipped to the other game, came back and KU was up 6 :eek:

That was supposed to say ESPN has been kissing their ass all season.

Flipped it over to ESPN at 6 to set up recording Duke/UNC, and Dick Vitale is on... the first question I hear is "Who would win, Illinois or UNC?"

:banghead:

What is this, the BCS? Well, too bad UNC, you were just knocked out of the championship game. :p

In previous games, Redick kind of reminded me of Hinrich (maybe because he's a white guy with black hair :shrug: ), but tonight he was certainly not.... selfish, greed... I dunno, but a few of those shots were just uncalled for. They should have lost the game, and it would have been his fault.

BUT, it was great to see the game end on a defensive stand. Look, ESPN, if a team can get back on defense and at least slow down the transition game, they have good chance of beating a Roy Williams team. I was pretty surprised.

HC_Chief
02-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I had a really hard time trying not to flip over to Duke/UNC, even though I was recording it.... it was a pretty decent atmosphere at Allen West last night. I missed KSU's second big run though..... KU was up ~15, flipped to the other game, came back and KU was up 6 :eek:

Miles had a shit game, offensively. The team got lazy w/ their passes over a couple of stretches in the game, allowing the mildkittens to get back into it.

Lzen
02-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Miles had a shit game, offensively. The team got lazy w/ their passes over a couple of stretches in the game, allowing the mildkittens to get back into it.

Yep, Miles had only 1 point. That is okay as long as he's dishing out the assists. But he had 6 assists and 8 turnovers. Miles worst game of the season. Good thing Langford, Simien, and Giddens were on. :thumb: Miles is still my favorite KU player.

HC_Chief
02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Yep, Miles had only 1 point. That is okay as long as he's dishing out the assists. But he had 6 assists and 8 turnovers. Miles worst game of the season. Good thing Langford, Simien, and Giddens were on. :thumb: Miles is still my favorite KU player.

Miles is usually soild... and I really like the fact that he started hitting treys this year. His game last night was terrible - lazy passes, out of position, couldn't score (except the 1 free throw), silly foul on Massey... just awful.

Lzen
02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Miles is usually soild... and I really like the fact that he started hitting treys this year. His game last night was terrible - lazy passes, out of position, couldn't score (except the 1 free throw), silly foul on Massey... just awful.

Yep, I agree. Even several of his alley-oop pass attempts were way off the mark. Very uncharacteristic for Aaron Miles. It's as if he just wasn't focused. Hopefully, he got that out of his system. He's a player that works hard on his game and takes a bad game personally. When he has a lot of turnovers, he is disappointed in himself. I'll bet he'll be incredible on Saturday.

HC_Chief
02-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I'll bet he'll be incredible on Saturday.

I was going to say the same. My guess is 13 points, 7 assists, < 3 turnovers :D