PDA

View Full Version : Mocking The Chiefs Part Roman Numeral Two

philfree
02-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I thought about doing this on the original Mocking the Chiefs thread but that thread has turned so well that I thought I'd start a new.

There seems to be a shortage of WLBs who can play the run and in coverege both and that happens to be a big concern on the Chiefs D. As I've stated before we don't really have a starter at the RLB position so to me it takes priority. There are many CBs available this offeason it appears in both FA and the draft so although it's a need it shouldn't be as hard to fill as the RLB spot on the Chiefs roster. With this scenario I'm assuming we sign 1 free agent CB and we have a 3rd round pick.

In some mock drafts I see Derrick Johnson slipping out of the top ten picks but never reaching the #15th selection. I don't think there is any way he slips to #15. If slips past #10 though I think we should try and trade up and snag him. The difference between a #15 and a #11 pick is 200 points on the trade chart. Our 3rd round pick is worth about 200 points. So assuming we can work a trade would draft in

Round 1 Derrick Johnson OLB Texas - The perfect fit for our RLB position.

Round 2 Eric Green CB V Tech-

Round 3 traded

Round 4 Dustin Colquit P TN It's time to put this punter merry-go-round to rest.

Still no LDE in with this scenario :) So shoot me!

PhilFree :arrow: