PDA

View Full Version : Ong Bak (or some sh*t)

Pants
02-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Has anyone seen the previews? Looks pretty cool - "no cables, no special effects, blah blah" I think I might go see that.

SPchief
02-10-2005, 01:27 AM
this thread is uber gay TinkyWinky

Pants
02-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Your mom is uber-mega-turbo-heil gay.

Miles
02-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Never heard of it...but after looking it up it sounds like it may be pretty cool. Is it just coming to theaters here or is it on DVD? I imagine it may be hard to find if its in theaters.

Pants
02-10-2005, 01:34 AM
It opens on friday. I just saw a commercial and decided to post. Heh.

|Zach|
02-10-2005, 01:36 AM
this thread is uber gay TinkyWinky
How many beers did you have today? The drinking thread sparked my curiosity. ROFL

ZootedGranny
02-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Saw it about a year ago, and I don't know if I'd recommend it.

There are several parts throughout the movie that will make your jaw drop, as Tony Jaa is incredibly talented, pulling off things like a 720 degree spinning kick. There are no wires involved, so everything is much more impressive.

That said, everything in the flick is based off of Muy Thai, so a lot of the fight scenes are filled with repetitive knees and elbows. The story is garbage as is the acting.

45 minutes into the movie I just started to fast forward through scenes to get to the fights.

Pants
02-10-2005, 01:42 AM

There are several parts throughout the movie that will make your jaw drop, as Tony Jaa is incredibly talented, pulling off things like a 720 degree spinning kick. There are no wires involved, so everything is much more impressive.

That said, everything in the flick is based off of Muy Thai, so a lot of the fight scenes are filled with repetitive knees and elbows. The story is garbage as is the acting.

45 minutes into the movie I just started to fast forward through scenes to get to the fights.

Oh yeah? That's cool, where did you see it?

Miles
02-10-2005, 01:55 AM

Cool sounds like something id be interested in, but it seems like it would be better to wait till its out on DVD. Did you see it from an Asian souce DVD or rip?

ZootedGranny
02-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Cool sounds like something id be interested in, but it seems like it would be better to wait till its out on DVD. Did you see it from an Asian souce DVD or rip?

Bought it online from YesAsia.

Miles
02-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Bought it online from YesAsia.

Region Free w/ english subs im guessing? Pretty cool site :thumb: Its annoying how long Asian releases take to make their way over here.

ZootedGranny
02-10-2005, 02:22 AM
It wasn't region free, but it does have english subs...I generally rip the DVD to my hard drive, FTP it over to my Xbox and watch it from there.

Pants
02-10-2005, 02:25 AM
It wasn't region free, but it does have english subs...I generally rip the DVD to my hard drive, FTP it over to my Xbox and watch it from there.

Yous gots a modded box? Damn, that's gotta be awesome.

Miles
02-10-2005, 02:26 AM

Just curious...Do you know if you can remove the region coding or Pal format by burning another copy with something like dvdshrink?

teedubya
02-10-2005, 02:26 AM

you sir, are high speed.

Miles
02-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Yous gots a modded box? Damn, that's gotta be awesome.

Yeah that sounds pretty hardcore.

beer bacon
02-10-2005, 02:44 AM
I have seen it and really enjoyed it. There are two really long fight scenes that are very good.

ZootedGranny
02-10-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm pretty sure DVDShrink has a region free mode, but you could use DVDDecrypter in conjunction with DVD Shrink, here's a guide:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=45238&highlight=region+free

As for the modded Xbox, it is probably more awesome than you can imagine. There's the benefit of decreased loading times, and the ability to run nearly any major emulator off of it, but the far and away best feature is Xbox Media Center, which will play nearly any type of media you throw at it: vob, bin, mov, divx/xvid encoded avi, mpeg...anything.

Right now I have all of DRU's Chiefs games that he's captured on there, as well as Lost, Arrested Development and other clips.

And, I can still turn the modchip off, throw in a game and jump onto Xbox Live.

Pants
02-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Yeah, plus you get all the freaking games for free. The next time I have an extra $400 laying around, I'm getting myself one of those.