PDA

View Full Version : I Quit, Part 2... this time for real...

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Well after 16 years in the radio business, I'm done. Maybe not forever, but for a good while anyway. I left that ever-increasing shithole of a station last Friday... cleaned out my office Saturday... am now enjoying some vacation time... and will start my new gig working for a local ad agency next week.

As many of you know I've worked as both an account exec. and on-air for the last 5 years. I've been on the air somewhere for 16 years. This was my first venture into the sales side of the business. Now that I have made many good friends out of clients who bought advertising from me in radio... I get a chance to tell my piece of shit company president and increasingly ****ed-up management where to shove it..... and the best part is... I'm taking several of their accounts with me. No longer will that radio station have any negotiating power with any of those clients. No longer will they have the right to even call on those clients directly. They're mine now. I do the buying for them... radio, tv, print, billboards, yellow pages, you name it. I do the creative. I'll voice many of the ads. I have the power. The radio station has none. They will now answer to me, not the other way around. They will now take what that can get...what I give them...... and the ****ers will like it.........and they can kiss my lilly-white ass anyway.

I dedicate this job change to everyone who has ever wanted to turn the tables on their asshole bosses. May the people rise up and take down their oppressors....

:p

Wish me luck.

***Oh and btw....this had nothing to do with Tim McGraw...***

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
That's pretty kickass, dude.

MOhillbilly
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
:deevee:
want a tissue?

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Whew! I thought you were leavin' the Planet. Glad that's not the case.... :thumb:

Seriously though, good luck; I have a brother-in-law who got out of radio about 10 years ago, after being in for 20 yrs....let me know if you wanna pick my brain about his experience.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Whew! I thought you were leavin' the Planet. Glad that's not the case.... :thumb:

Seriously though, good luck; I have a brother-in-law who got out of radio about 10 years ago, after being in for 20 yrs....let me know if you wanna pick my brain about his experience.
I can never leave... at least not until I have more alter ego's than you...

:thumb:

picasso
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Awesome!!!! That is exactly what I am in the process of doing.
I lift a bottle of the best to our future successes and f*ck the rest and the ones in dresses.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM

If you want mine, I can send you the passwords; I'm done....too many pansies can't handle those attempts at humor...without assigning some sinister motive to it, on my part, that was never there.... :rolleyes:

Eleazar
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Congrats man, gotta feel good to give your old employer the finger!

But where are you going to 5-finger those Christina Aguilera CD's from now?

Iowanian
02-10-2005, 12:04 PM
If only you weren't such a Country-phob, you could have sung some David Alan Coe on the way out the door.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Awesome!!!! That is exactly what I am in the process of doing.
I lift a bottle of the best to our future successes and f*ck the rest and the ones in dresses.
Good luck!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
If only you weren't such a Country-phob, you could have sung some David Alan Coe on the way out the door.
Actually I love old country...including DAC... Merle, Wille, Conway, Oaks, John Conlee, Vern Gosdin...... great stuff. It's the new shit that gags me.

Ghostof
02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
"Now that I have made many good friends out of clients who bought advertising from me in radio... I get a chance to tell my piece of shit company president and increasingly ****ed-up management where to shove it..... and the best part is... I'm taking several of their accounts with me."

THis is screaming out "Jerry McGwire" all over it

Now all you have left to do is post on here some sob story about how your wife/girlfriend completed you

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Congrats man, gotta feel good to give your old employer the finger!

But where are you going to 5-finger those Christina Aguilera CD's from now?
Thanks... and ROFL

I only 5-fingerd a Night Ranger CD from two jobs ago I think. I did make it pretty hard for them to....... shall we say.......... find all of the pertinent information on some of the accounts they have, before I left. I guess they shouldn't have told us to keep everything on our PERSONALLY OWNED laptops.....

CosmicPal
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Congrats!!

And best of luck on your new adventures in life.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
....Now all you have left to do is post on here some sob story about how your wife/girlfriend completed you

Someone "completed" Todd before his current squeeze came along--he ate her, I think; to his credit, he's on Atkins to try and do something about that...FTR, I should join him. :p

ptlyon
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
If you want mine, I can send you the passwords; I'm done....too many pansies can't handle those attempts at humor...without assigning some sinister motive to it, on my part, that was never there.... :rolleyes:

Not only that, but it's plain ****ing stupid.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Someone "completed" Todd before his current squeeze came along--he ate her, I think; to his credit, he's on Atkins to try and do something about that...FTR, I should join him. :p
DAMN........ with friends like you, who needs a proctologist....

ROFL

Phobia
02-10-2005, 12:22 PM

Obviously, there was no sinister motive. I think people thought it was overplayed. Anytime something is overplayed, it becomes annoying. Kind of like the constant whining about it - it's overplayed. I don't know why you aren't hearing me. Shut up about it. Never speak of it again and people will forget. We can't move on until you do.

Congratulations Todd. Be careful. I have a personal friend who mounted a coupe against his business partner when the partner stopped pulling his weight. He also lost a $10,000,000 judgment against him. You may wish to consult with an attorney to ensure you haven't inadvertently done something illegal.

dirk digler
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Congrats beer me!

redfan
02-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Good for you, man. And good luck.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
You are THE MAN beer me! I want to be just like you when I grow up!

:D

go bo
02-10-2005, 12:34 PM
that's great, man!! :toast:

good luck with the new venture... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Lzen
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Congrats. Good luck with the new career.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Well after 16 years in the radio business, I'm done. Maybe not forever, but for a good while anyway. I left that ever-increasing shithole of a station last Friday... cleaned out my office Saturday... am now enjoying some vacation time... and will start my new gig working for a local ad agency next week.

As many of you know I've worked as both an account exec. and on-air for the last 5 years. I've been on the air somewhere for 16 years. This was my first venture into the sales side of the business. Now that I have made many good friends out of clients who bought advertising from me in radio... I get a chance to tell my piece of shit company president and increasingly ****ed-up management where to shove it..... and the best part is... I'm taking several of their accounts with me. No longer will that radio station have any negotiating power with any of those clients. No longer will they have the right to even call on those clients directly. They're mine now. I do the buying for them... radio, tv, print, billboards, yellow pages, you name it. I do the creative. I'll voice many of the ads. I have the power. The radio station has none. They will now answer to me, not the other way around. They will now take what that can get...what I give them...... and the ****ers will like it.........and they can kiss my lilly-white ass anyway.

I dedicate this job change to everyone who has ever wanted to turn the tables on their asshole bosses. May the people rise up and take down their oppressors....

Wish me luck.

***Oh and btw....this had nothing to do with Tim McGraw...***

ROFLWelcome to the world of working for yourself.

Best of luck with it. Sometimes it can be bi polar though, because you are no longer guaranteed a paycheck. ;)

morphius
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Good Luck Man! Hope the ride goes well.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Congratulations Todd. Be careful. I have a personal friend who mounted a coupe against his business partner when the partner stopped pulling his weight. He also lost a $10,000,000 judgment against him. You may wish to consult with an attorney to ensure you haven't inadvertently done something illegal.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I can assure you that I haven't done anything illegal. I didn't steal anything or slander anyone.... it's all good.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I can assure you that I haven't done anything illegal. I didn't steal anything or slander anyone.... it's all good.

ooooops.... kinda let that cat out of the bag didn't I... forgot who I was signed in as at the moment...

ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the world of working for yourself.

Best of luck with it. Sometimes it can be bi polar though, because you are no longer guaranteed a paycheck. ;)
I was doing the same thing before... working for commission. I made a minimal on-air salary. Now I have a list that is all my own and will get commissions for all of their advertising rather than just from one radio station. It's all good. These are clients that are very focused on advertising, whereas many of my sales calls before were cold.

teedubya
02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
congra.... wait, this doesnt mean you will be on the Planet more, does it?

Lzen
02-10-2005, 12:55 PM
ooooops.... kinda let that cat out of the bag didn't I... forgot who I was signed in as at the moment...

ROFL
You could've just deleted the posts.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 01:08 PM
You could've just deleted the posts.
Yea, I know... it's not like I was trying to be all secretive anyway. I just like the variety. Sometimes you feel like a beer me...sometimes you don't. No doubt someone would have already seen it anyway.

Nzoner
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I was doing the same thing before... working for commission. I made a minimal on-air salary. Now I have a list that is all my own and will get commissions for all of their advertising rather than just from one radio station. It's all good. These are clients that are very focused on advertising, whereas many of my sales calls before were cold.

If any of those clients need advertising my way.........

Good luck man and if by chance it doesn't work out I could always use an additional sales rep here.

Taco John
02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Registering an account to congratulate yourself on a job change?

The Schmuck is stong with this one.

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 01:23 PM

ROFL

Yea, yea yea! Sybil would have said the same thing, had she been around in '05.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 01:24 PM

The account was registered before you incredible dumbass.

...and it's called humor.... some people even get it.... not that I would expect you to.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 01:26 PM

Good luck man and if by chance it doesn't work out I could always use an additional sales rep here.
reeeeaaalllly...................... :hmmm:

Cool and thanks!

Iowanian
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM

"Uuuuuse the Spooooork Luke"

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Don't forget it's a two-for-one deal.

go bo
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Just you and SDChiefsFanhttp://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Nzoner
02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't forget it's a two-for-one deal.

Looks like I forgot too add something to what I've learned at the Planet...always read the entire thread before making any kind of offers.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Just you and SDChiefsFan
Well then there's two. There are actually others too believe it or not.

This place has been so boring lately anyway.... it needed a little shaking up. Little do you know that Denise and Donger have always been the same person.

Taco John
02-10-2005, 01:32 PM
...and it's called humor.... some people even get it.... not that I would expect you to.

ROFL

Keep telling yourself that, Joe Schmuck.

go bo
02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Well then there's two. There are actually others too believe it or not.

This place has been so boring lately anyway.... it needed a little shaking up. Little do you know that Denise and Donger have always been the same person.http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

i knew there was something fishy goin' on there... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
ROFL ROFL
Everytime I see Donger's name, I think of that Japanese dude on 'Sixteen Candles" What was his name? Long Duk Dong?

bogie
02-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Why have you worked so long for a company you obviously hate?

Eye Patch
02-10-2005, 01:47 PM
ROFL

Keep telling yourself that, Joe Schmuck.

Taco John does not know about humor... but he does know about hypocrisy... and catering to the biggest collection of school boy homers.

which is the norm over at his Orange Vagina Monologues board.

bogie
02-10-2005, 01:48 PM
He digs the music.

Must dig the money too.
Company: We'd like to hire you and pay you. We have rules, if you want to work here you have to follow our rules. We are the ones footing the bill, so we have the right to make up the rules.

Beer me: I'll take your job and your money and I hate you.

Iowanian
02-10-2005, 01:51 PM
patch did a while back........but he's not nearly the Mongoloid that Spider is.

orangevaginamonologues........ your smack normally sucks, but that isn't half bad.

RINGLEADER
02-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Congrats on the move, but why not just start your own company? Sounds like you have a lot of good contacts and are well-respected in the biz from your previous posts. Wouldn't it be much more satisfying to not only get out of a job situation you loathe and create and grow something on your own?

Or is that what you have planned for I Quit, Part III?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Why have you worked so long for a company you obviously hate?It was great for the first 3 1/2 years. Then my boss died of cancer and new complete assholes took over. The rest is history...literally now.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm sure all your listeners will miss you :deevee: Good Luck, and Congrats :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Must dig the money too.
Company: We'd like to hire you and pay you. We have rules, if you want to work here you have to follow our rules. We are the ones footing the bill, so we have the right to make up the rules.

Let me guess, you are an owner....or in "management?" :hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Congrats on the move, but why not just start your own company? Sounds like you have a lot of good contacts and are well-respected in the biz from your previous posts. Wouldn't it be much more satisfying to not only get out of a job situation you loathe and create and grow something on your own?

Or is that what you have planned for I Quit, Part III?
I seriously considered starting my own agency over the past several months. The agency I'm going to work for is owned and run by an old friend that I have a lot of repect for and want to basically partner with him to make the agency really successful. He has reached maximum growth potential without adding someone to bring in and handle new accounts. That's where I come in. I feel like it's the best possible scenario for both us of. It will be easier for both of us to make more money together than separate.

bogie
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Let me guess, you are an owner....or in "management?" :hmmm:

Why would you think that? Yes, I am in management. After Beer me explained that they changed the rules in mid stream, it makes sence. However, I know so many people with horrible attitudes that do nothing but bitch (usually behind the company's back) but are still willing to take the money.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Must dig the money too.

Nice job assuming you know something about a situation you have absolutely no clue about. I'd tell you about the many screw jobs management has put on the sales staff over the last several months... things that caused another rep to leave the same day I did...and two more to be on there way out as we speak.... but I don't have time for it here and you obviously know everything anyway.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm sure all your listeners will miss you :deevee: Good Luck, and Congrats :thumb:
I will miss the interaction with the listeners and the rush you get from doing a good show... but at 36 and 16 years later at least my ego doesn't need the boost of being the guy on the radio anymore...

Eye Patch
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
patch did a while back........but he's not nearly the Mongoloid that Spider is.

orangevaginamonologues........ your smack normally sucks, but that isn't half bad.

Half bad?....

I think it's pretty damn good smack considering how I got some donk moron to pay me $200.00 thinking that I could not reframe from posting on the Orange Vagina Monologues for 7 months.

It thought wrong...

bogie
02-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Nice job assuming you know something about a situation you have absolutely no clue about. I'd tell you about the many screw jobs management has put on the sales staff over the last several months... things that caused another rep to leave the same day I did...and two more to be on there way out as we speak.... but I don't have time for it here and you obviously know everything anyway.

Yep, I should have waited for your reply to my original post before I posted again. Please notice my reply to Kotter though. Sounds like you unfortunately work for slime. Not that you care, but I'm happy you are able to get out and I hope the dicks that took over for the original mgmt. feel your rath.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Yep, I should have waited for your reply to my original post before I posted again. Please notice my reply to Kotter though. Sounds like you unfortunately work for slime. Not that you care, but I'm happy you are able to get out and I hope the dicks that took over for the original mgmt. feel your rath.
Gotcha.... it's all good.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Its so hard to tell what radio announcers may look like by their voice.

I called this radio station once and the DJ started talking to me off the air, he called me 2 or 3 times a day, so we decided to meet, I went to the station one night while he was working and here sit this guy must have wieghed 300 lb, he was very nice on the phone and when I met him he said "I know your disappointed" I said "hey you can never have too many friends", didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He called me about 3 mos later and said he had lost 9 inches off his waist, I expressed how glad I was for him and we remained friends for a long time.

If he looked like he sounded on the air he would have been one sexy mofo.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Guess badgirl's never heard of a "face made for radio".
well no one said they had to be good looking, but he didn't bother telling me he barely fit in his chair. :rolleyes:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM

I called this radio station once and the DJ started talking to me off the air, he called me 2 or 3 times a day, so we decided to meet, I went to the station one night while he was working and here sit this guy must have wieghed 300 lb, he was very nice on the phone and when I met him he said "I know your disappointed" I said "hey you can never have too many friends", didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He called me about 3 mos later and said he had lost 9 inches off his waist, I expressed how glad I was for him and we remained friends for a long time.

well...... for what it's worth........my beard's grown in right now...but that's me.......

badgirl
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
well...... for what it's worth........my beard's grown in right now...but that's me.......
Thats you hmmmmm not bad at all :p shhhhhh don't tell Stumppy I said that :shake:

Demonpenz
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
must have taken advantage of glamor shots by deb

Iowanian
02-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Half bad?....

I think it's pretty damn good smack considering how I got some donk moron to pay me $200.00 thinking that I could not reframe from posting on the Orange Vagina Monologues for 7 months.

It thought wrong...

I'd take that money too, if your girlfriend Spidur was dumb enough to offer. Unfortunately, I don't accept govt food vouchers.

Its actually funny, but you're still a dirty Raider fan.

Eye Patch
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd take that money too, if your girlfriend Spidur was dumb enough to offer. Unfortunately, I don't accept govt food vouchers.

Its actually funny, but you're still a dirty Raider fan.

I may be dirty.. but we do have something in common.

punking dumb ass donk homers...

As for spider... he is a piece of work... let that be a lesson to you kids glue and farm animals do not mix.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM

The Schmuck is stong with this one.ROFL

Just you and SDChiefsFanROFL

Demonpenz
02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
hopefully this radio station you can listen on the net that way i can call up and request some mother grabbin tim mcgraw

Ramtastic
02-10-2005, 02:43 PM
ROFL

ROFLYou are THE MAN Psicosis! I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Why would you think that? Yes, I am in management. After Beer me explained that they changed the rules in mid stream, it makes sence. However, I know so many people with horrible attitudes that do nothing but bitch (usually behind the company's back) but are still willing to take the money.

A lot of people bitch about work; it's kinda of a national past time. Most don't really mean it, or if they do they are too lazy to do anything about it--so screw 'em. Most, if they are truly fed up, like beer me, will do what beer me did. It's called capitalism and the free market. Seems to work pretty well, yes.

Management and owners though, often operate under the delusion they are all are good to their workers. A job is good, but treating employees fairly and with respect is another thing. Many businesses provide jobs; but far fewer genuinely treat their workers as fairtly and respectfully as they think they do. I often hear managers and business owners lament the quality of workers today; I think they are missin' the boat. They have crappy employees because that's what they deserve. Companies that are genuinely good, generally have good and happy employees.

All I'm sayin' is if you have crappy employees, you'd probably ought to look into "why" that is....and you should begin by lookin' in the mirror.

JMHO.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
However, I know so many people with horrible attitudes that do nothing but bitch (usually behind the company's back) but are still willing to take the money.
Everyone has things they don't like about their jobs, but everyone also has bills to pay and have to put food on the table, so no they don't usually go around bitching about stuff to the companys face, cause guess what THE NEED THEIR EFFING JOB, and of course they are going to take the money why else would they work, thats retarded to say. :harumph: :rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
hopefully this radio station you can listen on the net that way i can call up and request some mother grabbin tim mcgrawSeriously... that TO Gandhi ref was choice.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I was doing the same thing before... working for commission. I made a minimal on-air salary. Now I have a list that is all my own and will get commissions for all of their advertising rather than just from one radio station. It's all good. These are clients that are very focused on advertising, whereas many of my sales calls before were cold.We use to have a grooming operation, and the grooming wench stole "the book" that had all the clients info in it.

Rule to business owners: Never, ever let the inmates have the keys to the prison.

If they were smart, they could have had you sign and employment contract that had a "covenant not to compete" written into it. Oh well, they were fuggin stupid for underestimating you. Way to go on your part. All is fair in a free country.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
You are THE MAN Psicosis! I want to be just like you when I grow up!Thanks, dude!

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:48 PM
You are THE MAN Psicosis! I want to be just like you when I grow up!
Now that's funny.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
We use to have a grooming operation, and the grooming wench stole "the book" that had all the clients info in it.

Rule to business owners: Never, ever let the inmates have the keys to the prison.

If they were smart, they could have had you sign and employment contract that had a "covenant not to compete" written into it. Oh well, they were fuggin stupid for underestimating you. Way to go on your part. All is fair in a free country.
yea... I've had non-compete's almost everywhere I've worked...including at the new gig..... but not the last one....... idiots...

ROFL

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 02:52 PM

If he looked like he sounded on the air he would have been one sexy mofo.I don't know, but this could be a clear case of why one should never EVER call up a phone sex line.

:shake: You never know what the person really looks like on the other end.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 02:52 PM
A lot of people bitch about work; it's kinda of a national past time. Most don't really mean it, or if they do they are too lazy to do anything about it--so screw 'em. Most, if they are truly fed up, like beer me, will do what beer me did. It's called capitalism and the free market. Seems to work pretty well, yes.

Management and owners though, often operate under the delusion they are all are good to their workers. A job is good, but treating employees fairly and with respect is another thing. Many businesses provide jobs; but far fewer genuinely treat their workers as fairtly and respectfully as they think they do. I often hear managers and business owners lament the quality of workers today; I think they are missin' the boat. They have crappy employees because that's what they deserve. Companies that are genuinely good, generally have good and happy employees.

All I'm sayin' is if you have crappy employees, you'd probably ought to look into "why" that is....and you should begin by lookin' in the mirror.

JMHO.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

badgirl
02-10-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't know, but this could be a clear case of why one should never EVER call up a phone sex line.

:shake: You never know what the person really looks like on the other end.
yea 3.99 per min. and look what I got :banghead:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 02:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:The employees can stand to look in the mirror once in a while too.

"That fuggin boss don't know shit." Yeah, thats why he signs your fuggin paycheck, he is so fuggin stupid.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
The employees can stand to look in the mirror once in a while too.

Sure they can. I never claimed to be perfect. Just getting out and into a similar business and it just so happens that I can have an effect on my former place of employment. Good for me.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:03 PM
The employees can stand to look in the mirror once in a while too.

"That fuggin boss don't know shit." Yeah, thats why he signs your fuggin paycheck, he is so fuggin stupid.
Where would the big guys be without the little guys who do all the work.
Screwed thats where. :cuss:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Sure they can. I never claimed to be perfect. Just getting out and into a similar business and it just so happens that I can have an effect on my former place of employment. Good for me.Dude, I am all for what you did bro, it is a free country.

But the post about looking in the mirror cuts both ways. Employees do a lot of bitching about their boss, and yet he IS their boss. Perhaps he knows a few things, otherwise why is he boss?

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Dude, I am all for what you did bro, it is a free country.

But the post about looking in the mirror cuts both ways. Employees do a lot of bitching about their boss, and yet he IS their boss. Perhaps he knows a few things, otherwise why is he boss?
You must be a boss someplace huh?

If not I bet your a suckass, brown noser as work. :rolleyes:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Where would the big guys be without the little guys who do all the work.
Screwed thats where. :cuss:They would be big, they would just have different little guys doing it for them, thats all.

You don't believe me? Then why are the Mexicans chopping the lettuce instead of Americans?

Why are the chips being made in India?

A job is NOT a birthright.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
You must be a boss someplace huh?

If not I bet your a suckass, brown noser as work. :rolleyes:WTF did I do to you?

Are you having hotflashes today?

I AM DA MAN of my world. I am not just the boss, I own the fuggin place where I work, how about that.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
They would be big, they would just have different little guys doing it for them, thats all.

You don't believe me? Then why are the Mexicans chopping the lettuce instead of Americans?

Why are the chips being made in India?

A job is NOT a birthright.
True, its not a birthright, but its hard to get a good job these days, and if you have one, just cause you don't agree with stuff or are pissed off over something don't mean you can just walk out and find another job, Bush is in office you know. We need to hang onto what ever we have going for us.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
WTF did I do to you?

Are you having hotflashes today?

I AM DA MAN of my world. I am not just the boss, I own the fuggin place where I work, how about that.
Do you have people working under you, I am not trying to be bitchy toward you, but you make it sound like if you have a job you should just blow up at work over your trouble and walk out, if you have a family, thats not always an option. :thumb: Sorry if I made you mad at me, I am just expressing how I feel, sorry bout the name calling too ok :thumb:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
True, its not a birthright, but its hard to get a good job these days, and if you have one, just cause you don't agree with stuff or are pissed off over something don't mean you can just walk out and find another job, Bush is in office you know. We need to hang onto what ever we have going for us.I must now invite you to the DC forum. Do you really want to take this political? I do not.

Please tell me WTF does Bush have to do with whether or not you can get a job?

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I must now invite you to the DC forum. Do you really want to take this political? I do not.

Lets not make it political, and especially don't get me started about Bush I choose to stay polite and stay out of the DC forum, I don't like him at all, thats all I'll say about that. :harumph:

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Damn. There's one more job I can't get.

Oh well... I'll get another shot in 2008, I guess.
I'd vote for ya. :thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Employees do a lot of bitching about their boss, and yet he IS their boss. Perhaps he knows a few things, otherwise why is he boss?
:hmmm: ............................ NO................... he doesn't.....

:)

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow. You really aren't that bright.
If it was a toss up between you and the current one HEll ya I'd vote for anyone on this BB :banghead:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
True, its not a birthright, but its hard to get a good job these days, and if you have one, just cause you don't agree with stuff or are pissed off over something don't mean you can just walk out and find another job, Bush is in office you know. We need to hang onto what ever we have going for us.Exactly my point. A worker ought to thank God that he has a job, and do and EXCELLENT job whether or not their Boss is a dip shit. It should be a matter of personal pride or work ethic, to do your best regardless. Obviously, it is a free country and a person is free to seek to better themselves anyway they can. Frankly, someone who has this "ethic" will have no problem bettering themselves, as astute managers and "bosses" recognize the value of a worker who strives for excellence. They stand out.

Just watch that show "The Apprentice". None of the back stabbing, whining, sabotoging jerks on that show ever prevail.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!

:banghead:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Damn. There's one more job I can't get.

Oh well... I'll get another shot in 2008, I guess.No you won't, its unconstitutional for you to hold that office until you are at least 35 years old. Go figure eh?

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Exactly my point. A worker ought to thank God that he has a job, and do and EXCELLENT job whether or not their Boss is a dip shit. It should be a matter of personal pride or work ethic, to do your best regardless. Obviously, it is a free country and a person is free to seek to better themselves anyway they can. Frankly, someone who has this "ethic" will have no problem bettering themselves, as astute managers and "bosses" recognize the value of a worker who strives for excellence. They stand out.

Just watch that show "The Apprentice". None of the back stabbing, whining, sabotoging jerks on that show ever prevail.
I always do my job well, I have never been fired for not doing a good job, I do feel if your going to get paid you need to do your best, after all that is why you get a check, but I don't feel like there are jobs out there where no one has a complaint, but yea I agree with you on the above statement. :thumb:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:22 PM
:hmmm: ............................ NO................... he doesn't.....

:)I would hypothesise, that he won't be a boss very long then.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:23 PM
If it was a toss up between you and the current one HEll ya I'd vote for anyone on this BB :banghead:Would you vote for me if you knew I would Nuke the shit out of N Korea preemtively. ?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Exactly my point. A worker ought to thank God that he has a job, and do and EXCELLENT job whether or not their Boss is a dip shit. It should be a matter of personal pride or work ethic, to do your best regardless. Obviously, it is a free country and a person is free to seek to better themselves anyway they can. Frankly, someone who has this "ethic" will have no problem bettering themselves, as astute managers and "bosses" recognize the value of a worker who strives for excellence. They stand out.

As this appies to me and just for the record... I did an excellent job. I was among the top billers at the station. Not the best...but not far off.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!

:banghead:ROFL4 MORE YEARS!

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I'll have just as much shot in 2008 as I had this year.Yes, there is truth in what you say. :p

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I always do my job well, I have never been fired for not doing a good job, I do feel if your going to get paid you need to do your best, after all that is why you get a check, but I don't feel like there are jobs out there where no one has a complaint, but yea I agree with you on the above statement. :thumb::thumb:So you are not a Suck up at your job?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I would hypothesise, that he won't be a boss very long then.
Yes he will........ he's 49% owner now.

:cuss:

badgirl
Would you vote for me if you knew I would Nuke the shit out of N Korea preemtively. ?
un NO :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
Dude, I am all for what you did bro, it is a free country.

I hear you; and I suspect you are a decent guy to work for or you wouldn't be in business for very long if you weren't.

Bitchin' does cut both ways; and bosses can be very capable and effective people. However, they can also become arrogant, complacent, and jaded. Sometimes they don't seem to be able to recognize that when it does happen....and instead they blame their business troubles on 'poor workers' or a lame 'worker pool." Instead, they have themselves to blame.

I am a staunch advocate of free enterprise, capitalism, and the free market. However, Coolidge's quote: "The business of America is business. The man who owns a business builds a temple. The man who works there worships there" is representative of the sort of condescension and delusional self-worth you hear from some bosses/owners. The truly great American companies keep the proper perspective and treat their employees fairly and with respect. Otherwise, they don't last long.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
:thumb:So you are not a Suck up at your job?
No I do my job and it speaks for itself, I don't feel the need to suck up. :shake:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Yes he will........ he's 49% owner now.

:cuss:Then its his money, if he wants to be stupid with it, then let him. ;)

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
un NO :rolleyes:Well I would, my daddy got shot in N Korea, so it is a personal vendetta. lmao.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes, there is truth in what you say. :p Lots of shots.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Well I would, my daddy got shot in N Korea, so it is a personal vendetta. lmao.
um well ok then, do what ya must ROFL

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
No I do my job and it speaks for itself, I don't feel the need to suck up. :shake:ditto. I sucked up so much, I bought the company.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Then its his money, if he wants to be stupid with it, then let him. ;)
You are correct sir... but he can do it without me and three others..one who has already quit as well.... two more who are ready..... and at least one other on-air person who I hear interviewed for another job today.

The best thing he could do would be to own from afar rather than make everyone's life hell from the inside.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:36 PM
ditto. I sucked up so much, I bought the company.
Do you have people who suck up to you?

If I was a boss and had these ass clowns sucking up all the time I would find a reason to get rid of their asses, people who are sucking up are usually the laziest ones.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Bitchin' does cut both ways; and bosses can be very capable and effective people. However, they can also become arrogant, complacent, and jaded. Sometimes they don't seem to be able to recognize that when it does happen....and instead they blame their business troubles on 'poor workers' or a lame 'worker pool." Instead, they have themselves to blame

Yes, the mirror is there, and it is good to look in it regularly. :)

HemiEd
02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Congratulations Beer Me, good luck in your new Gig! :thumb:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Do you have people who suck up to you?

If I was a boss and had these ass clowns sucking up all the time I would find a reason to get rid of their asses, people who are sucking up are usually the laziest ones.No, only those with the temerity to stand up for themselves. Sometimes they are on top of something that I have overlooked.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 03:52 PM
No, only those with the temerity to stand up for themselves. Sometimes they are on top of something that I have overlooked.
Well I stand up for myself, but I have seen so many people brown nose the boss, its disgusting, especially women sucking up to the boss if its a man, I've never got it, I mean be friendly and all, but I mean really suck up, I am speaking mostly of factory workers, other than the medical field thats where I have worked.

I don't know maby bosses like that, who knows I've never been a boss, I don't like having a boss either, driving a truck , which I also have done is a good job, there are people to anwser to, but no one standing over you, get your load there on time and pick em up on time and your on your own in between, thats a good job. :thumb:

chiefs4me
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Would you vote for me if you knew I would Nuke the shit out of N Korea preemtively. ?

You could bet your bottom dollar...:thumb:

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Well I stand up for myself, but I have seen so many people brown nose the boss, its disgusting, especially women sucking up to the boss if its a man, I've never got it, I mean be friendly and all, but I mean really suck up, I am speaking mostly of factory workers, other than the medical field thats where I have worked.

I don't know maby bosses like that, who knows I've never been a boss, I don't like having a boss either, driving a truck , which I also have done is a good job, there are people to anwser to, but no one standing over you, get your load there on time and pick em up on time and your on your own in between, thats a good job. :thumb:This is not entirely true anymore. My Uncle drives for a large trucking firm, JB Hunt, and they are GPS tracked everywhere they go.

bogie
02-10-2005, 05:01 PM

JMHO.

FTR, I think I made peace with beer me for not getting the full story prior to my posting (even though he called me an idiot :deevee: )
Additionally, I AM good to the people that I employ, because they are my friends and great employees, so I'm not talking about them. I don't agree that far fewer businesses don't treat their workers as fairly and respectfully as they think they do. I believe the majority of businesses treat their employees fairly and respectfully. Perhaps far to many employees believe they are owed more than the business is willing or able to give, but that's not necessarily the companies fault. Most managers started out as employees and worked their asses off to earn the right to be managers. I worked in tourism in MO for 13 years and became sick of it. Rather than stick around and bitch, I moved to CA 15 years ago and started over. I was a 32 year old producton assistant (runner/gopher), most p.a.'s were fresh out of college. When I was coming up in this industry and tourism, I worked along side numerous people that bitched just for the sake of bitching and those people drive me f*cking crazy. I don't like people that dislike management just because they're management. To those people I say get the hell out of my life!!

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 05:15 PM
FTR, I think I made peace with beer me for not getting the full story prior to my posting (even though he called me an idiot :deevee: )
Additionally, I AM good to the people that I employ, because they are my friends and great employees, so I'm not talking about them. I don't agree that far fewer businesses don't treat their workers as fairly and respectfully as they think they do. I believe the majority of businesses treat their employees fairly and respectfully. Perhaps far to many employees believe they are owed more than the business is willing or able to give, but that's not necessarily the companies fault. Most managers started out as employees and worked their asses off to earn the right to be managers. I worked in tourism in MO for 13 years and became sick of it. Rather than stick around and bitch, I moved to CA 15 years ago and started over. I was a 32 year old producton assistant (runner/gopher), most p.a.'s were fresh out of college. When I was coming up in this industry and tourism, I worked along side numerous people that bitched just for the sake of bitching and those people drive me f*cking crazy. I don't like people that dislike management just because they're management. To those people I say get the hell out of my life!!
I agree with that....and sorry for calling you an idiot.... :D

I loved my boss and she was damn good at her job...even when she'd come down on me a little bit. Sadley, she got cancer at age 42 and only survived another 6 months. The moron that took her place and the people he put in charge are the people I have...and several others at the station have a problem with.

It's truly sad that the station has gone the direction it has since my old boss' death. She must be rolling over in her grave.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 05:18 PM
This is not entirely true anymore. My Uncle drives for a large trucking firm, JB Hunt, and they are GPS tracked everywhere they go.
yea we also had that, its like a mini key board and they have like a little sattelite dish on the truck, they can track you,but once again they are not right there with you telling you when you can take a break, smoke eat, as long as you do your job and the load is on time, undamaged, thats their concern. Its called Qual-Com.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Additionally, I AM good to the people that I employ, because they are my friends and great employees, so I'm not talking about them. I don't agree that far fewer businesses don't treat their workers as fairly and respectfully as they think they do. I believe the majority of businesses treat their employees fairly and respectfully. Perhaps far to many employees believe they are owed more than the business is willing or able to give, but that's not necessarily the companies fault. Most managers started out as employees and worked their asses off to earn the right to be managers. I worked in tourism in MO for 13 years and became sick of it. Rather than stick around and bitch, I moved to CA 15 years ago and started over. I was a 32 year old producton assistant (runner/gopher), most p.a.'s were fresh out of college. When I was coming up in this industry and tourism, I worked along side numerous people that bitched just for the sake of bitching and those people drive me f*cking crazy. I don't like people that dislike management just because they're management. To those people I say get the hell out of my life!!Its a amazing how the underlings know more than the manager isn't it?

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
yea we also had that, its like a mini key board and they have like a little sattelite dish on the truck, they can track you,but once again they are not right there with you telling you when you can take a break, smoke eat, as long as you do your job and the load is on time, undamaged, thats their concern. Its called Qual-Com.Yep, I sat in the cab BS'n with them(Uncle and Aunt) while they were unloading, and waiting for their next pickup order.

There is a big trucking terminal near here, and they live in the KC area, but were out here dropping off a load and called me up to visit while they were being lumped.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Its a amazing how the underlings know more than the manager isn't it?
I've always dreamed of being an underling.

fwiw... I've been a manager too... at three different stations.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM

fwiw... I've been a manager too... at three different stations.So which paid more and had more pressure?

bogie
02-10-2005, 06:03 PM
So which paid more and had more pressure?

Speaking for myself, I have editors working for me that make more and have MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, less stress. They also get OT and DT.

bogie
02-10-2005, 06:05 PM

fwiw... I've been a manager too... at three different stations.

I have dreamed of being over and under underlings, but that would be sexual harassment.

JazzzLovr
02-10-2005, 06:27 PM

You're off to a great start.

;)

JazzzLovr
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM

I didn't realize you'd already met beer me.

morphius
02-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I didn't realize you'd already met beer me.
Hey, Jazzz is every bit as sexy as she sounds, of course nobody has ever heard her, so take that for what its worth.

Inspector
02-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Exactly how does one determine if there ass is indeed lilly white?

Mine seems to be more of a creme beige with a unique texture created by all the hair on it.

I'm going to stop bt Sherwin-Williams and get a sample of lilly white to compare to my butt.

Who knows? Mine may actually be lilly white too. Although I'm still thinking more of the beige to light brown tones.

I might paint my bathroom lilly white so I'll blend in and be invisible when I take my clothes off. That would be fun at parties.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I didn't realize you'd already met beer me.ROFL

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Exactly how does one determine if there ass is indeed lilly white?

Mine seems to be more of a creme beige with a unique texture created by all the hair on it.

I'm going to stop bt Sherwin-Williams and get a sample of lilly white to compare to my butt.

Who knows? Mine may actually be lilly white too. Although I'm still thinking more of the beige to light brown tones.

I might paint my bathroom lilly white so I'll blend in and be invisible when I take my clothes off. That would be fun at parties.While your there you might want to pick up a mirror too, that is unless you are limber enough to turn arround and see your ass.

Nzoner
02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
As this appies to me and just for the record... I did an excellent job. I was among the top billers at the station. Not the best...but not far off.

My offer may not work after all as the only billing I allow is corporate and in advance.

Calcountry
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I could have went home an hour ago, but I had to wait for my Cell battery to charge.

Skip Towne
02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I am my own boss. Sometimes I get so pissed off at me I want to quit. But then I have sex with myself and all is well again.

badgirl
02-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I am my own boss. Sometimes I get so pissed off at me I want to quit. But then I have sex with myself and all is well again.
ROFL ROFL