PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Would you want them to pull the plug?

Slayer Diablo
02-10-2005, 11:04 PM

el borracho
02-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Don't wait, pull the plug as soon as it is obvious that I won't be waking up anytime soon.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 11:14 PM
What song is playing over the hospital PA system?

Earthling
02-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Depends what length of time 'many years' encompasses...

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2005, 11:31 PM
This subect is no fun to address unless you don't know if you will come out and what the odds are. If they have to plug me in I don't want to be on that machine for long, pull it.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2005, 11:35 PM
My answer might be different if we were talking about the episode where Zack pulls one over on his dad by pretending to be Mr. Belding while pulling one over on Mr. Belding by pretending to be his dad.

|Zach|
02-10-2005, 11:35 PM
This subect is no fun to address unless you don't know if you will come out and what the odds are. If they have to plug me in I don't want to be on that machine for long, pull it.
BD, what if we plug you into this machine?

Would you still want no part of it? Somehow I doubt it. It is such a fun looking machine.

http://rinksidesports.net/activities/images/FunMachine.jpg

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2005, 11:41 PM
My answer might be different if we were talking about the episode where Zack pulls one over on his dad by pretending to be Mr. Belding while pulling one over on Mr. Belding by pretending to be his dad.

Maybe for the sake of the younger generation, I should change my name to Mr. Belding? (he's in "Saved By The Bell," I guess?) :hmmm:

Slayer Diablo
02-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Maybe for the sake of the younger generation, I should change my name to Mr. Belding? (he's in "Saved By The Bell," I guess?) :hmmm:

Nah...we all remember and welcome back the one known as Kotter.

Mr. Kotter
02-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Nah...we all remember and welcome back the one known as Kotter.

Rep for the Welcome, young man... :thumb:

Slayer Diablo
02-11-2005, 12:15 AM
What song is playing over the hospital PA system?

Due to an electrical mishap after a major storm, "Highway to Hell" and "Stairway to Heaven" are playing at the same time...

Ultra Peanut
02-11-2005, 12:41 AM
50/50 odds... I'll go with Gaz.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 12:55 AM
BD, what if we plug you into this machine?

Would you still want no part of it? Somehow I doubt it. It is such a fun looking machine.

http://rinksidesports.net/activities/images/FunMachine.jpg

Id like to be in that machine with Fuk Mi and Fook Yu from Austin Powers 2.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 12:57 AM
http://www.angelicstar.net/cos-images/fookmi/fookmi10.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 12:59 AM
No, I would like to wake up at some point and see the future.

Chiefs better not win a SB while I'm under. :cuss:

Pants
02-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Gotta agree with Goat here. Why would you want to give up on waking up? You wouldn't know you were asleep, it's not like it's hard work being in a coma. Plus it gives hope to those who love you.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 01:12 AM
I'd probably lose some weight, too. Might get laid when I wake up. Tons of reasons not to pull the plug.

If the Chiefs won it all someone better have recorded the damn thing.

Pants
02-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I'd probably lose some weight, too. Might get laid when I wake up.

So now you want to get laid?

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 01:14 AM
So now you want to get laid?

I never said I didn't.

Pants
02-11-2005, 01:17 AM
I never said I didn't.

You said you weren't interested, thought that was the same thing.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 01:18 AM
You said you weren't interested, thought that was the same thing.

It's not the same thing. The only way I could turn off wanting to get laid is if I had someone cut off my balls or turn off some gland in my brain or something.

Pants
02-11-2005, 01:22 AM
It's not the same thing. The only way I could turn off wanting to get laid is if I had someone cut off my balls or turn off some gland in my brain or something.

Well, with me, anything I want interests me.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 01:27 AM
http://www.uncut.at/filme/austinpowers3/b08.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Well, with me, anything I want interests me.

I want to be a millionaire...I'm not actively pursuing that either.

Pants
02-11-2005, 01:53 AM

Good for you? :shrug:

|Zach|
02-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Yes it seems as though you do not actively pursue much of anything.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Good for you? :shrug:

It was a comparison....there are alot of things I want...that I don't necessarily need.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Yes it seems as though you do not actively pursue much of anything.

I'm going to actively pursue neg-repping your ass.

|Zach|
02-11-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm going to actively pursue neg-repping your ass.
Alright Ali. ROFL

Did I say anything factually untrue?

Pants
02-11-2005, 02:10 AM
rofl

KC Jones
02-11-2005, 05:07 AM
No, I would like to wake up at some point and see the future.

Chiefs better not win a SB while I'm under. :cuss:

That settles it. The missing piece to our SB is gochiefs being in a coma. Does anyone know where he lives, we've got to get this taken care of.

Bearcat
02-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Imagine you're 18 and sitting at home, watching that episode of "Saved by the Bell" where Zach fools Mr. Belding, and the phone rings. Wondering why anyone would be calling you because you're worse with words than Porky Pig, you answer the phone. It turns out to be your similar-aged, opposite-sex, pin pal from three states and a county over. She/He wants you to drive over there for prom.

Your parents don't care because they're to busy thinking that while they dress up as transvestites, they're cheating on one another when--in reality--they're dating each other. Your friends won't mind because they all have to work evening/night shifts for the next week at McDonalds while their McBoss is spending the weekend with your sister in Springfield, New York.

So you decide to go along, hanging up the phone and jumping in your new Toyota. You start heading west next to a soccer mom in her SUV filled with kids. As she turns on her cell phone, you remember that you forgot the camera to take pictures of your date at the sleezy hotel room after prom. Frantically, you get your wallet and see if you have enough money to get the suit, flowers, and new camera. The soccer mom, being on her cell phone and not paying attention to the road, swerves and knocks you off the road. You fall into a ditch and live, but hit your head on the window and go into a coma.

The medics get you to a hospital, "accidently" running over the b**ch that put you in the coma as they leave. No matter what the doctors do to you in the hospital and no matter what innovations are made, you will stay in the coma for many years...the only exception being if they take you off life support. The good news, however, is that because you saved a dog from drowning in a swimming pool of Kool-Aid the year before, Jesus/Buddha/Shiva/Satan gives you a choice of being able to decide for everyone on whether or not they should pull the plug on you.

Would you want the plug to be pulled if you were to be in a coma for many years?

(Poll forthcoming)

You really shouldn't try so hard to be Rain Man, because it's not even close. How long did you spend coming up with this?

On the subject, if I were 18, I'd like to stick around a little while to see how long this coma thing would last.... I would certainly hope they would defer my student loans.

CosmicPal
02-11-2005, 12:31 PM
You really shouldn't try so hard to be Rain Man, because it's not even close. How long did you spend coming up with this?

My first thought as well. All you had to do was ask the question.

At 18- Yes.

Now - No.

Cannibal
02-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Imagine you're 18 and sitting at home, watching that episode of "Saved by the Bell" where Zach fools Mr. Belding, and the phone rings. Wondering why anyone would be calling you because you're worse with words than Porky Pig, you answer the phone. It turns out to be your similar-aged, opposite-sex, pin pal from three states and a county over. She/He wants you to drive over there for prom.

Your parents don't care because they're to busy thinking that while they dress up as transvestites, they're cheating on one another when--in reality--they're dating each other. Your friends won't mind because they all have to work evening/night shifts for the next week at McDonalds while their McBoss is spending the weekend with your sister in Springfield, New York.

So you decide to go along, hanging up the phone and jumping in your new Toyota. You start heading west next to a soccer mom in her SUV filled with kids. As she turns on her cell phone, you remember that you forgot the camera to take pictures of your date at the sleezy hotel room after prom. Frantically, you get your wallet and see if you have enough money to get the suit, flowers, and new camera. The soccer mom, being on her cell phone and not paying attention to the road, swerves and knocks you off the road. You fall into a ditch and live, but hit your head on the window and go into a coma.

The medics get you to a hospital, "accidently" running over the b**ch that put you in the coma as they leave. No matter what the doctors do to you in the hospital and no matter what innovations are made, you will stay in the coma for many years...the only exception being if they take you off life support. The good news, however, is that because you saved a dog from drowning in a swimming pool of Kool-Aid the year before, Jesus/Buddha/Shiva/Satan gives you a choice of being able to decide for everyone on whether or not they should pull the plug on you.

Would you want the plug to be pulled if you were to be in a coma for many years?

(Poll forthcoming)

You could've just asked the question without the crappy story.

cadmonkey
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Forget pulling the plug, I don't even want to be recesitated if I am found unconcious.

CosmicPal
02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Forget pulling the plug, I don't even want to be recesitated if I am found unconcious.

That's how I feel every time I hear Ashley Simpson sing....

Lzen
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
The good news, however, is that because you saved a dog from drowning in a swimming pool of Kool-Aid the year before, Jesus gives you a choice of being able to decide for everyone on whether or not they should pull the plug on you.

Just thought something should be pointed out here. It's not about whether you do good deeds or not. It's about whether you accept him as your Savior. ;) But that's a discussion/topic for another day/thread.

Lzen
02-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah, I answered pull the plug. Nothing here could possibly even come close to being as good as what is in store in the afterlife. ;)

Calcountry
02-11-2005, 02:35 PM
What song is playing over the hospital PA system?ROFL:clap:rep

Calcountry
02-11-2005, 02:36 PM
All life is precious, its God's call.

el borracho
02-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah, I answered pull the plug. Nothing here could possibly even come close to being as good as what is in store in the afterlife. ;)
You must really like worms. ;)

Hammock Parties
02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
You must really like worms. ;)

REP! ROFL

Grubs are good, too...

Slayer Diablo
02-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Gotta agree with Goat here. Why would you want to give up on waking up? You wouldn't know you were asleep, it's not like it's hard work being in a coma. Plus it gives hope to those who love you.

Good point, but allow me to ask this... Why would you want to wake up to so many things that have changed for the worse? Say you've been in the coma for 5 years...hypothetically: you missed your last moments with relatives and/or friends who worked in the WTC on Sept. 11, your family has slipped down a rung or two on the social ladder, the girl you loved (and she loved you, too) has died in a car wreck, you missed out on 5 years of your son's/daughter's childhood that can never be brought back, your parents split up and you could've helped prevent it, your dog has aged tremendously, a friend or relative has died in Iraq.... Of course, that's just a small list of things that you might have to wake up to.

Slayer Diablo
02-11-2005, 10:34 PM

On the subject, if I were 18, I'd like to stick around a little while to see how long this coma thing would last.... I would certainly hope they would defer my student loans.

I always need some kind of introduction...the old ones weren't working too well, so I just took two minutes to think of how I could put a Rain Man twist to it. So two minutes coming up with the story, and three minutes typing.

Doesn't "many years" mean anything to you?