PDA

View Full Version : Jerk or Gentleman?

CosmicPal
02-11-2005, 11:38 AM
When it comes to entering a building and opening a door, are you courteous to strangers?

Donger
02-11-2005, 11:41 AM
When it comes to entering a building and opening a door, are you courteous to strangers?

Always for women, sometime for men.

Although, I have had a few women say, "I can open doors myself, thanks!"

MOhillbilly
02-11-2005, 11:41 AM
only my woman(she enters first) and old people.
Everyone else has ****in hands and arms.

Do you tip your hat to every woman that walks by?

ChiTown
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Depends.

If some chick has a nice dumper, I always hold the door so I can check out their a$$..................

PastorMikH
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I try to hold the door for others.

I did though get rather irritated this last saturday. We went to listen to our oldest Daughter play at a honor band special down in Lawton, OK. As we got to the door a kid sees us and opens the door for us. I thank him and as I start in the door a whole crowd of people start pushing their way through and actually pushed me back out of the door like the building was on fire. There was a solid line coming out the door so I tried one of the other 3 doors, the 2 I could get to were both locked on the outside but could have been opened from the inside. Nobody tried to exit through any of the doors except the one the kid had tried to open for us.

Ghostof
02-11-2005, 11:47 AM

Only if women are in the area and see me

otherwise hell no, regardless of who or what they are

Donger
02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
only my woman(she enters first) and old people.
Everyone else has ****in hands and arms.

Do you tip your hat to every woman that walks by?

I don't typically wear hats.

CosmicPal
02-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I try to hold the door for others.

I did though get rather irritated this last saturday. We went to listen to our oldest Daughter play at a honor band special down in Lawton, OK. As we got to the door a kid sees us and opens the door for us. I thank him and as I start in the door a whole crowd of people start pushing their way through and actually pushed me back out of the door like the building was on fire. There was a solid line coming out the door so I tried one of the other 3 doors, the 2 I could get to were both locked on the outside but could have been opened from the inside. Nobody tried to exit through any of the doors except the one the kid had tried to open for us.

Sounds like the band wasn't very good. :D

PastorMikH
02-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Sounds like the band wasn't very good. :D

Actually, I was really impressed with them. For Jr High, they sounded really good. What happened was one group had just finished and a lot of parents were leaving.

After making a comment or two at the door rather loudly about why people couldn't use some of the other doors, I started looking around hoping that there was nobody close by that I knew.

patteeu
02-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I hold the door for everyone within some limits.

Anyone immediately behind me will get the door opened for them and I will generally let them go in first.

Anyone trailing a few feet behind me will generally get the door opened although I sometimes hold it from the inside and let go when they get their hands on it.

If they are trailing farther than a few feet behind me (up to a 10 or 15 yards I guess), I will still hold the door for people who are encumbered or who look frail. And in cold weather, I'll let the door close behind me and open it again when they get to it.

In most other areas of life, I'm a self-absorbed asshole. ;)

Mr. Kotter
02-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Cosmic....I saw this, and I don't know why but I immediately thought of you.... :p

Miles
02-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Im usually pretty nice about it. Ill hold the door for someone unless they are too far away that it would be awkward. Ill hold it longer for people carrying a bunch of shit.

HarryParatestes
02-11-2005, 12:30 PM
It's just a common courtesy...no prob holding a door...mandatory for females and the elderly.

Can also be used to pick up chick! How? Easy...

1. Position yourself physically so that you are standing in the direct line of the door swing as you pull it open.

2. Extend one foot slightly ahead of the other.

3. Pull the door open with some force...till it hits your extended foot.

4. When the door hits foot with a "BANG" snap your head back violently.,.then grasp your nose!!

Their immediate reaction is the "You poor sweet man" reflex...strike up conversation...get her number....date ...marry...wait this is how I met my last EX!

Never mind. Bad idea.... :(

Calcountry
02-11-2005, 12:32 PM
About a week ago, I saw an elderly lady about 15 feet from the door, but obvious she was coming in. Not only did I hold the door, but I greeted her with a high how are you today.

Its Karma, some day, I might be old and alone and need some young whippersnapper to be nice to me.

CosmicPal
02-11-2005, 12:33 PM
It's just a common courtesy...no prob holding a door...mandatory for females and the elderly.

Can also be used to pick up chick! How? Easy...

1. Position yourself physically so that you are standing in the direct line of the door swing as you pull it open.

2. Extend one foot slightly ahead of the other.

3. Pull the door open with some force...till it hits your extended foot.

4. When the door hits foot with a "BANG" snap your head back violently.,.then grasp your nose!!

Their immediate reaction is the "You poor sweet man" reflex...strike up conversation...get her number....date ...marry...wait this is how I met my last EX!

Never mind. Bad idea.... :(

Geez, I just buy them a drink and ask them if they like to make animal noises in bed.

bogie
02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I will usually hold the door open. Additionally, when waiting at an elevator I'll let everyone waiting get on and or off before me. Sometimes I'll open the car door for my wife when we're getting in, never when we're getting out, she's to fast for that.