PDA

View Full Version : This family could use your prayers

Dartgod
02-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I've been hesitant to do this since its not family, but my former boss and his family sure coulld use the power of prayer.

I don't want to go into too much detail because he doesn't know
I'm doing this. Here's the deal though. This man and his wife lost their son to a terminal disease several years ago. The boy was 10 when he died after battling his illness for 3 or 4 years. I didn't know them at this time, but apparently he put up quite a fight.

A few years later, the wife is diagnosed with breast cancer. It's a particularly nasty strain I guess and is in her blood stream. She has good times where the cancer stops spreading and looks like it might be cured, and then crops up again somewhere else in her body. Most recently, she has been doing quite well, but we just found out this week that a new mass has appeared in one of her breasts and an MRI revealed possible bone cancer in another part of her body.

I worked for this man for a year and a half, but have been aquainted with him for a bit longer. I can say that if you didn't know what was happening with his wife and what had happened with his son, you wouldn't know that he has a worry in the world. He is an awesome example of faith and inner stength. I can't think of anyone in the world that I admire more for handling such a tremendous amount of adversity. I'm going to quote the specific prayers he is asking for.

We ask for your specific prayers at this time for the test results to come back that the new area that has been discovered is not cancerous and to pray for relief from the pain [my wife] is experiencing. We also pray for a chemotherapy treatment that will work for [my wife].

It would mean a lot if you would include these people in your prayers. They truly do not deserve what is happening to them. Thanks.

Hopefully a mod would be so kind as to sticky this for about a week.

EDIT: I'm adding this one for Frazod. He posted it below and don't want it to get lost. Sounds like this guy's family could use some help from above as well.

And speaking of prayer requests, my best friend could probably use some. Two months, his baby nearly died from meningitis (sp?) and has frequent seizures. Two weeks ago, he found out his dad has terminal cancer and may have no more than a month to live. He went home on leave last week, and a couple of days ago (I'm not making this up) his mom fell and broke both bones in her lower leg, requiring emergency surgery. While the surgery was going on, the baby had another seizure at the hospital.

And then he has a tour in Iraq to look forward to. :shake:

This is easily as much crap as anyone I've ever personally known has had to endure. And this guy is easily the best person I've ever known - a he is a combination of loyalty, honor, integrity and dedication to his friends, family and country that is generally left to realm of mythic heroes. And while all this shit was going on, two weeks ago he graduated first in his class from a special forces training school, AT AGE 38.

At this point, I don't know whether to pray or file a cease and desist order. God, he's really had enough.

Mr. Kotter
02-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Done, Bob.

You are a good friend to him.

KCN
02-12-2005, 11:59 AM
This just makes my heart break. I will of course pray for them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

ExtremeChief
02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
you got it

Jenny Gump
02-12-2005, 12:08 PM
When I feel like whining and bitching about my pathetic little problems, I will think of your friend and his family. I hope everyone else here will do the same. I will pray for them as well.

KC Dan
02-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Done, my friend

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Done.

Frazod
02-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I wish your ex-boss and his family the best.

And speaking of prayer requests, my best friend could probably use some. Two months, his baby nearly died from meningitis (sp?) and has frequent seizures. Two weeks ago, he found out his dad has terminal cancer and may have no more than a month to live. He went home on leave last week, and a couple of days ago (I'm not making this up) his mom fell and broke both bones in her lower leg, requiring emergency surgery. While the surgery was going on, the baby had another seizure at the hospital.

This is easily as much crap as anyone I've ever personally known has had to endure. And this guy is easily the best person I've ever known - a he is a combination of loyalty, honor, integrity and dedication to his friends, family and country that is generally left to realm of mythic heroes. And while all this shit was going on, two weeks ago he graduated first in his class from a special forces training school, AT AGE 38.

At this point, I don't know whether to pray or file a cease and desist order. God, he's really had enough.

Dartgod
02-12-2005, 12:41 PM

Yeah, that sucks. I'm going to copy/paste this into my header so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, if you don't mind?

Frazod
02-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that sucks. I'm going to copy/paste this into my header so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, if you don't mind?

Not at all. Thanks. :thumb:

2bikemike
02-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Prayers for both families from my family. I can't freaking believe I ever complain about my little insignificant problems after hearing stories like these.

chiefs4me
02-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Both of you also deserve good thoughts for being such caring friends. My prayers go out to both families. Stuff like this makes me realize just how lucky my family is. Thank you God for giving me 3 healthy boys.

ZepSinger
02-12-2005, 12:52 PM
I'll be praying for them as well. My wife is currently going thru the same thing, however it appears as though she is one of the fortunate few who can be treated with virtually a 100% cure rate. Cancer is truly a horrible and tragic disease, and IMO requires vast amounts of faith to get thru it.

KS Smitty
02-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Done and done. It's terrible anytime but especially when it hits the young folks. Bless you Bob and Tim for doing what you can.

My dad is struggling with bone and liver cancer right now, he's forgoing any treatments and is trying to remain comfortable. Cancer sucks.

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2005, 02:32 PM
You guys got it. I look at what they are going through and feel blessed already.

go bo
02-12-2005, 02:41 PM
done...

Skip Towne
02-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Both families will be in our prayers.

Darkwolfe
02-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Done and will do again.

Mr. Kotter
02-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Sorry to hear about that, Tim.

I'll add them to the our familie's prayers.

Calcountry
02-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I was going to pray, but I had just clicked over her from the wife blow job thread, and it just didn't seem like God would hear me. :shrug:

Calcountry
02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I was going to pray, but I had just clicked over her from the wife blow job thread, and it just didn't seem like God would hear me. :shrug:Done.

seclark
02-12-2005, 08:18 PM
in...thoughts and prayers.
sec

mikey23545
02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
All the best to both these families in times of incredible hardship...

They will be in my thoughts....

RNR
02-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Done if he is good in your book he is good in mine.

badgirl
02-13-2005, 02:37 AM
These kind of stories makes me feel like my problems aren't so bad.
Both families will definately be in my prayers tonight.

Pants
02-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Oh man, that's horrible in both cases, and as far as prayers go, done and done.

tommykat
02-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Dartgod and Fraz.........I will lift them all up to God. I am so sorry to hear stories like this, but I believe!:thumb:

Coach
02-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Done and done fellas.