PDA

View Full Version : Here's the latest on that waste-of-protein professor at Colorado.

Rain Man
02-12-2005, 03:18 PM
This is the guy that called the 9/11 victims "little Eichmanns."

For those of you keeping score, it's now been discovered that he's not a Native American, he's plagiarized parts of some of his papers, printed false facts with faked footnotes in others, and, just to keep things interesting, went to Libya in 1983 and met with Moammar Qadafi to get "diplomatic support" for some sort of condemnation of America.

I thought the governor's comments in the third article on February 10th were kind of humorous.

There's a big flap now because everyone wants to fire him, but the faculty at CU-Boulder are scared that it'll break their communistic tenure system, so they're in the unenviable position of having to defend him. I think that what'll happen is that they'll fire him for lying on his initial job application, where he claimed he was Native American.

http://cfapp.rockymountainnews.com/archive/archive.cfm?section=news&include=ward_churchill

Eleazar
02-12-2005, 03:20 PM
And now I magically transport this thread to D.C..... ;)

Rain Man
02-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Aw, man, I don't want to go to D.C.

This isn't politics. It's sociology.

Bwana
02-12-2005, 03:21 PM
The guy is a total waste of skin.

Eleazar
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I didn't know you had that power.

*pulls up chair to watch*

Uhh... umm... oh, it doesn't work on Saturday I guess. :hmmm:

Braincase
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
A non-minority teaching minority studies. The irony. Kind of like a vegetarian teaching a course on brisket rubs.

Skip Towne
02-12-2005, 04:26 PM
We need a "thumbs down" smiley.

Calcountry
02-12-2005, 04:54 PM
This is the guy that called the 9/11 victims "little Eichmanns."

For those of you keeping score, it's now been discovered that he's not a Native American, he's plagiarized parts of some of his papers, printed false facts with faked footnotes in others, and, just to keep things interesting, went to Libya in 1983 and met with Moammar Qadafi to get "diplomatic support" for some sort of condemnation of America.

http://cfapp.rockymountainnews.com/archive/archive.cfm?section=news&include=ward_churchill
Why does this not surprise me?

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2005, 04:57 PM
went to Libya in 1983 and met with Moammar Qadafi to get "diplomatic support" for some sort of condemnation of America.Could this be considered Treason?

Rain Man
02-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Could this be considered Treason?

Good point. It was illegal to travel there at the time, too.

FloridaChief
02-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Good point. It was illegal to travel there at the time, too.

Are there really countries that it is illegal to travel to? I know the State Dept keeps a If-you-go-there-and-get-yourself-killed-then-don't-come-crying-to-us list of nations, but I didn't know it was a crime to cross certain national borders...

DenverChief
02-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Are there really countries that it is illegal to travel to? I know the State Dept keeps a If-you-go-there-and-get-yourself-killed-then-don't-come-crying-to-us list of nations, but I didn't know it was a crime to cross certain national borders...

Cuba...and no I think treason has to violate the national security...

FloridaChief
02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Cuba...

Really? Didn't know that...

Long time no see, DC...

DenverChief
02-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Really? Didn't know that...

Long time no see, DC...

yeah been busy with school :) ....how ya doing?....yeah thats why you have to get to Cuba thru Canada or Mexico and I'm pretty sure you can get in trouble if you get caught

DenverChief
02-12-2005, 08:09 PM
here we go

Restrictions on Travel from the US to Cuba

Note: As of June 30, 2004, the U.S. government further tightened travel restriction to Cuba so it is now virtually impossible for people under their jurisdiction to get first-hand information on conditions on the island or to visit members of their family who live their. The government of Cuba imposes virtually no restrictions on educational, tourist, or family visits to the island.

Most everybody in the world, except Cuban-born-non-Cuban citizens, and ANYBODY under United States jurisdiction, can travel to and from Cuba freely. If you are a Cuban-born non-Cuban citizen, you will need to apply for a visa at a Cuban Embassy. For all other North American and EEC citizens, traveling to Cuba as short-term visitors, you need a passport and the tourist cards that is issued with your plane ticket to Cuba. Cuba welcomes non-Cuban born U.S. tourists with no red tape.

For anybody under United States jurisdiction there is one additional level of complexity. The U.S. has a partial embargo of trade with Cuba. The embargo is enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as part of their work as a lead agency against terrorism (1/6th of their anti-terrorism work is focused at going after Americans who visit Cuba.) ( ROFL ) In conjunction with this, OFAC is increasingly limiting people opportunities to learn about Cuba. For the official word on US policies to http://www.ustreas.gov/ofac. To learn about travel sanctions for Cuba search for "travel transactions Cuba". For general information on sanctions, click on the "Sanctions Program" link. Here is the gist of what is said on travel to Cuba:

It is legal for Americans to go to Cuba.
It is illegal for American to have transactions (spend money or receive gifts) in Cuba under most circumstances.
It is legal for American to have transactions (spend money or receive gifts) in Cuba if they have a "license", but the government is arbitrary about how it interprets its rule and who it issues licenses to.

If you are a journalists, government officials, have relatives in Cuba, are a full-time professionals (including doctors, dental hygienists, environmentalists and actors) going to conferences or doing research, you might be able to go to Cuba, under a "General License" -- with no red tape.

http://www.ibike.org/cuba/ofac/cuba-travelto.htm

FloridaChief
02-12-2005, 08:12 PM
The embargo is enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as part of their work as a lead agency against terrorism (1/6th of their anti-terrorism work is focused at going after Americans who visit Cuba.)

STFU

That's nice to know. And I'm not unwell, thank you...just waiting for things to perk up here.

DenverChief
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
STFU

That's nice to know. And I'm not unwell, thank you...just waiting for things to perk up here.

well with that avatar I woulda figured things were really perky ;)

FloridaChief
02-12-2005, 08:23 PM
well with that avatar I woulda figured things were really perky ;)

Yeah, well...she, heh, keeps me goin' when the going gets slow...

Lord, it's like a mausoleum in here, tonight.

mikey23545
02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
You know, if this guy was standing in front of students and espousing his views on the inferiority of blacks and saying it wouldn't be all that bad if they were eliminated in a huge fiery 9-11 type cataclysm, no one would be standing up and defending his "Freedom of Speech"....

This ****er is guilty of the most virulent type of hate crime and borderline treason....

Free speech is a privilege of only the far left....

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 11:13 PM
I always thought free speech was between an individual and the gov't.

Not between an individual and his employer.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 11:24 PM
As an aside, I'd really like to kick this guy in the stones...

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
yeah been busy with school :) ....

And we know where you got to school you little Ward Churchmite!!! ;)

DenverChief
02-13-2005, 02:07 AM
I always thought free speech was between an individual and the gov't.

Not between an individual and his employer.

the University of Colorado is a state instution :shrug:

DenverChief
02-13-2005, 02:08 AM
And we know where you got to school you little Ward Churchmite!!! ;)

:LOL: fortunatly I go to the less liberal but still liberal University of Colorado at Denver :thumb: