PDA

View Full Version : Talk about living in the past....

Fat Elvis
02-13-2005, 10:21 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050213/ap_on_sp_ot/ski_johnson_arrested

Gold-Medal Skier Bill Johnson Arrested

1 hour, 33 minutes ago

Sports - AP

PORTLAND, Ore. - Olympic ski champion Bill Johnson was charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest after punching a sheriff's deputy in the face during a traffic stop, police said.

AP Photo

Johnson was stopped in his pickup truck Friday by a Multnomah County sheriff's deputy and a suburban Troutdale police officer. When the officers approached, Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal and taunted them by saying, "You don't have one of these," police said.

Authorities said Johnson threw his keys at Deputy Jeff Cordes, reached out his window, grabbed the deputy's shirt and punched him in the face. Johnson then refused to obey orders to exit the vehicle and lie on the ground.

Johnson was charged with assaulting an officer, resisting arrest and driving while intoxicated. He remained jailed Saturday night, and was being held until arraignment Monday. Bail was set at $17,500.

When an officer tried to interview the 44-year-old Johnson in jail Friday, he lunged at the officer, grabbed him by the vest and tried to hit him, said Lt. Bruce McCain of the sheriff's office.

McCain said he did not know whether Johnson would be charged for that altercation.

The 1984 Olympic downhill champion, Johnson attempted a comeback to compete in the Salt Lake City Games. But he suffered a traumatic brain injury during a training run in March 2001 and was in a coma for three weeks.

Call me kooky, but why would you drive around in your pickup truck with a gold medal you won 20+ years ago?

Let it go, Bill, let it go.

4th and Long
02-13-2005, 10:26 AM
When the officers approached, Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal and taunted them by saying, "You don't have one of these," police said.
Woulda been a better story if the cop had drawn down on him with his .9mm and replied, "And YOU don't have one of THESE!"

Earthling
02-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Call me crazy but I'd bet it had something to do with his traumatic head injury...But thats just me...Sounds like they rewired something backwards in his head...

Phobia
02-13-2005, 10:29 AM
What's wrong with that?

In 84, I knocked a kid out with one punch. I also broke my hand throwing that punch. I make sure to tell that to any officer threatening me with a citation.

BigChiefFan
02-13-2005, 10:31 AM
So the guy keeps the Gold Medal on him at all times?

dred
02-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Woulda been a better story if the cop had drawn down on him with his .9mm and replied, "And YOU don't have one of THESE!"
I think it would have been better if the cop drew out his 9mm, took the medal and said "Now I do".

:evil:

Fat Elvis
02-13-2005, 10:38 AM

That is what I am thinking.

Phobia
02-13-2005, 10:39 AM

Sure - I know people like that. Their entire identity is a solitary accomplishment. We have at least one person like that on this board. It really isn't that uncommon - except most people don't win a gold medal.

BigChiefFan
02-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Sure - I know people like that. Their entire identity is a solitary accomplishment. We have at least one person like that on this board. It really isn't that uncommon - except most people don't win a gold medal.
If I was Gold Medal winner, I'd be proud, too. However, I don't think I would be foolish enough to wear it out in public or leave it in my car. It's a great accomplishment, but the guy looks like an ego-maniac.

KCWolfman
02-13-2005, 02:34 PM
He carries his gold medal around with him?

Loser

Braincase
02-13-2005, 03:19 PM
He carries his gold medal around with him?

Loser

No doubt...

"Dude, there's some 44 year old drunk that carries a gold medal with him. I say we snatch it and melt the thing down, and use it for new caps on our front teeth."

seclark
02-13-2005, 03:29 PM
brain damage
dui
throwing down w/a cop

i could see this guy wearing his gold medal all the time.
sec

stevieray
02-13-2005, 03:30 PM
brain damage
dui
throwing down w/a cop

i could see this guy wearing his gold medal all the time.
sec

even in the shower

go bo
02-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Woulda been a better story if the cop had drawn down on him with his .9mm and replied, "And YOU don't have one of THESE!"ROFL ROFL ROFL

first rate...

first it was your photoshop skills...

but now you're turning into a regular junior grade drizzle-boy... :thumb:

Spicy McHaggis
02-13-2005, 03:34 PM
When the officers approached, Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal and taunted them by saying, "You don't have one of these," police said.

You know what? No matter what object you hold out after saying this sentence are you not inviting an ass kicking.

go bo
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Sure - I know people like that. Their entire identity is a solitary accomplishment. We have at least one person like that on this board. It really isn't that uncommon - except most people don't win a gold medal.hey!

i don't talk about my eagle scout dealy that much, do i?

Fat Elvis
02-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I bet he's a lot of fun at high school reunions.

Rain Man
02-13-2005, 05:42 PM
If I had won a gold medal, I'd have it implanted in my forehead just to save the time of getting it out all the time. If anyone gave me trouble, I'd just point up at my forehead.

Of course, it would have to be for a decent event. Skiing? No, thanks.