PDA

View Full Version : Crap, I forgot the Pro Bowl was even on!

Hoover
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Tells ya something.

Why even play the game? Just hand out the damn award.

Ultra Peanut
02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow, the Pro Bowl is on?

Huh. How about that. Guess I'll... keep the TV on PBS for background noise.

tommykat
02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
They did.....:thumb:

Ultra Peanut
02-13-2005, 10:17 PM
So they canceled the game and just handed out trophies?

I'm so confused.

Boardin Bronco
02-13-2005, 10:48 PM
John Lynch had to get medical clearance to play and played the entire game with a cast on his arm! He's old school.

Bill Cowher told ESPN that Champ Bailey was the player who most impressed him during the week carrying himself like a true professional. By the way, not one NFC receiver caught a ball on Champ! SHUTDOWN!

FloridaChief
02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
By the way, not one NFC receiver caught a ball on Champ! SHUTDOWN!

I thought it was his best game of the season, too.

KCWolfman
02-13-2005, 10:52 PM
John Lynch had to get medical clearance to play and played the entire game with a cast on his arm! He's old school.

Bill Cowher told ESPN that Champ Bailey was the player who most impressed him during the week carrying himself like a true professional. By the way, not one NFC receiver caught a ball on Champ! SHUTDOWN!
It is more important to do that when the games actually count.

RealSNR
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM

Bill Cowher told ESPN that Champ Bailey was the player who most impressed him during the week carrying himself like a true professional. By the way, not one NFC receiver caught a ball on Champ! SHUTDOWN!That's great. But seriously, the NFC should get some better receivers. I mean, Eddie Kennison burned Champ, it's not that hard to get a guy who can burn Champ

KCWolfman
02-13-2005, 10:58 PM
That's great. But seriously, the NFC should get some better receivers. I mean, Eddie Kennison burned Champ, it's not that hard to get a guy who can burn Champ
I honestly think that Bailey was ineffective because he is constrained by the rules. Everyone is more lax in the PB including the WR and Officials. Bailey has proven to me that a big name corner is not as important as a leader on D or even a good LB with today's rules.

Valiant
02-14-2005, 01:20 AM
I honestly think that Bailey was ineffective because he is constrained by the rules. Everyone is more lax in the PB including the WR and Officials. Bailey has proven to me that a big name corner is not as important as a leader on D or even a good LB with today's rules.

Uh, you can get away with the Cb statement... But the LB's are the field generals of the Defense... You need a proven leader/performer on the Defense...

The Bad Guy
02-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Uh, you can get away with the Cb statement... But the LB's are the field generals of the Defense... You need a proven leader/performer on the Defense...

Truth.

Look at the 4 teams in the championship games.

Philly - Trotter, NE- Bruschi, Atlanta- Brooking, Pitt- Farrior, Porter.

Congrats to Champ. I didn't know he lived after the torching that was put on him after the Bronco game, not to mention getting pancaked by Marvin Harrison.

Did Champ ever recover from what Eddie Kennsion put on his azz?

Miles
02-14-2005, 01:30 AM

As much as id love to trash a denver player you're dead on with that.

WilliamTheIrish
02-14-2005, 01:34 AM

ROFL

This is almost as bad as D'Nice bragging about Gannon being a "Two time Pro Bowl MVP"........... in a game where there is no blitzing, and no game planning.

Phobia
02-14-2005, 01:48 AM
ROFL

This is almost as bad as D'Nice bragging about Gannon being a "Two time Pro Bowl MVP"........... in a game where there is no blitzing, and no game planning.

And no hitting. Champ Bailey and Jason Lynch are the bust.

MichaelH
02-14-2005, 04:56 AM
I watched enough to see that it was more interesting to watch Ty Pennington build houses for poor homeless families.

KCWolfman
02-14-2005, 06:34 AM
I thought that was what I said? Either a huge leader or a monster LB is needed here.

whoman69
02-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I think it was just a popularity contest that Manning won the MVP. It should have gone to Hines Ward who made an amazing catch for a TD and returned the kickoff for TD that broke the NFC.

Saulbadguy
02-14-2005, 09:26 AM
"over-rated over-hyped" 24 year old Mike Vick had a pretty good game too. Not that it matters though.

Frosty
02-14-2005, 09:48 AM
"over-rated over-hyped" 24 year old Mike Vick had a pretty good game too. Not that it matters though.

It was amazing how good Vick looks with good receivers and a decent line.

Nzoner
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Hines Ward who made an amazing catch for a TD and returned the kickoff for TD

The first kick-off in PB history returned for a td and it goes in as 39 yards,guess I learned something from watching.