PDA

View Full Version : All star game eye opener

BIG_DADDY
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I was eating sushi Saturday night and they had an old basketball All Star game on the big screen. It was the NBA 83/84 season. Kareem, Magic, Bird, McHale, Thomas, Dr. J, the works man. This was a great game and those guys left it all on the floor. What a change from what we see today as All Star Games. I would pay great money to see a game the way it used to be played. I would never pay top dollar to see any All Star games in any sport today. What a shame to see how this has evolved. Final score

East 154
West 145

Saulbadguy
02-14-2005, 02:34 PM
You mean no defense? Ok.

Pitt Gorilla
02-14-2005, 02:35 PM
The thing that amazes me is how skinny everyone was back then. That and fundamentals...

ChiefsOne
02-14-2005, 02:35 PM
That would be really cool to see!

Rome was bitching all morning how meaningless the Pro Bowl, All Star games are.

I believe if I was an athlete I would be trying my best against the best and show case my skills to the watching world, not to mention the extra 50G's that the winner gets.

Garcia Bronco
02-14-2005, 03:26 PM

I believe if I was an athlete I would be trying my best against the best and show case my skills to the watching world, not to mention the extra 50G's that the winner gets.
Rome...I've heard of him...he was beat up by chris everett. LOL

Phobia
02-14-2005, 03:30 PM

50k? When some of them make 10x that per game in the regular season?

Ultra Peanut
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
not to mention the extra 50G's that the winner gets."Oh look, I won a quarter!"

Bowser
02-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Rome...I've heard of him...he was beat up by chris everett. LOL

"You call me that one more time, we'll have to go to commercial......"

Amnorix
02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
I miss basketball. That game they play now only vaguely reminds me of the sport I loved growing up. Sure it was easy to love Basketball as a Celtics fan growing up with the Big Three up against Magic, Kareem, Dr. J., but honest to god, the sport these days just flat out sucks.

Isolation, triangle, three-point shot, passing-is-a-lost-art, selfish whiny beatches that run the show. There's very little to root for.

Pants
02-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I miss basketball. That game they play now only vaguely reminds me of the sport I loved growing up. Sure it was easy to love Basketball as a Celtics fan growing up with the Big Three up against Magic, Kareem, Dr. J., but honest to god, the sport these days just flat out sucks.

Isolation, triangle, three-point shot, passing-is-a-lost-art, selfish whiny beatches that run the show. There's very little to root for.

That's why there's college basketball.

Beatlemanu
02-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I miss basketball.

Ain't that the truth... :shake:

Pitt Gorilla
02-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Isolation, triangle, three-point shot, passing-is-a-lost-art, selfish whiny beatches that run the show. There's very little to root for.LeBron and Dwayne seem to "get it." The Mavs and Kings are also fun to watch; watching a Knicks game in the mid-90's was a form of torture.

Demonpenz
02-14-2005, 05:06 PM

college basketball pretty much sucks now. Good players stay around a year, rivelry's are killed before they start

Pants
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
college basketball pretty much sucks now. Good players stay around a year, rivelry's are killed before they start

What was the last rivalry to get killed? College BB is about passion, not money. Plus some of the kids aren't really that good so it's fun to watch. IDK, maybe I'm just a big fan because I go to KU.

ChiefsOne
02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
50k? When some of them make 10x that per game in the regular season?

Yeah, I know, but 50k is not too shabby of a one day bonus. Hopefully not all of them have forgetten where they came from and could buy their mama another Cadi for that.

Ultra Peanut
02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
She's got a Hummer, fool. Why'd she need a Caddy?

Braincase
02-14-2005, 06:10 PM

Amen, my brother, amen!

Oh, and one more thing. BEAT TECH!

milkman
02-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Ain't it the truth.

I simply can't watch whatever they are playing now.

On another note, anybody remember that game where they would pit a team of college football all stars against the defending SB champ at the start of preseason.

Now that was a fun game to watch, cause the kids really wanted to win, and the defending SB champ didn't want to lose, while at the same time didn't want to play their regulars to long.