PDA

View Full Version : Earthlink Support. Thanks for nothing.

Phobia
02-14-2005, 04:10 PM
This is an actual transcript of my chat with Earthlink support moments ago. Feel free to skip the technical information in red.... or skip the whole thing because it is long. I realize I have an attitude problem but half the flowchart steps in this session are completely unnecessary.

Welcome to Earthlink LiveChat. Your chat session will begin shortly.

'Lance N' says: Thank you for contacting EarthLink LiveChat, how may I help you today?
phil: DSL keeps dropping.
phil: Then it comes back about 3 minutes later
Lance N: Are you getting any error messages?
phil: no - just lights turn off on the modem.
Lance N: Have you tried power cycling your dsl modem?
phil: yes
phil: it comes back up.
Lance N: To begin troubleshooting this issue, I need you to check the following items. Please note that even if you have power cycled the computer and DSL modem before, it is necessary to do so again after satisfying the following conditions.

1. Check all devices in your home which are connected to the phone number DSL is provisioned on (this is usually your home phone number, unless you had DSL provisioned on a different phone number). Make sure all phones and devices which use a phone line (faxes, dial-up modems, TiVo, some satellite TV receivers, etc.) have a DSL micro-filter attached or have been disconnected from the phone line.
2. Connect your computer directly to your DSL modem. Unfortunately, EarthLink cannot provide support for third party networks; you must remove any routers hubs or switches.
NOTE: If you currently have a router, hub, or switch that negotiates your PPPoE connection, you may need to configure your computer to connect through PPPoE. If you are not sure how to do so, please let me know.
3. Disable any proxy, firewall, or internet connection sharing software.
4. Connect your DSL modem directly to the wall. Remove any splitters or filters, and make sure the phone line for the DSL modem does not pass through or near a surge protector.
5. Move the DSL modem at least 3 feet away from any potential sources of interference. As a general rule, any device which requires a fair amount of power or contains a motor should be moved or unplugged for troubleshooting purposes. Some examples are:
* Your computer
* Computer monitors and/or television sets
* Cordless phones & base stations (900 MHz should not be in the same room as your DSL modem.)
* Fax machines
* Microwaves
* Printers
* Uninterruptable power supplies (UPSs)
Alternatively, you can try wrapping your DSL modem in aluminum foil.
6. Turn off or unplug any halogen or fluorescent lights which are in the same room as the DSL modem.
7. Turn off any dimmer switches in your home.
8. If possible, please try new phone cables and ethernet cables.
9. Complete a full power cycle of your equipment in the following order.
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Unplug your DSL modem's power supply.
3. Connect your DSL modem directly to the wall using a phone line 3 feet long or shorter, if possible.
4. Reseat your cables by unplugging the phone line (between the wall jack and the DSL modem) and ethernet cable (between the DSL modem and your computer), and plugging them back in.
5. Turn on the DSL modem and wait for it to gain sync.
NOTE: If you are not sure which light on your DSL modem signifies successful sync, please let me know.
6. Restart your computer and attempt to connect again.

If this does not resolve your issue, please leave your equipment in the above configuration, and contact us again so that we may continue troubleshooting the issue. #PFR#/BBT/Wir/Gen/CheckEverything
Lance N: Are you still with me?
phil" It's going to take me 3 weeks to follow your instructions. Is that the idea behind Earthlink support? Make it so incredibly difficult that nobody even bothers to call?
phil: MY DSL was great for about 9 months. I've loved it. Nothing has changed, but now it drops for no reason about half a dozen times a day.
Lance N: The steps given above are very simple to follow and you should be able to try them without any difficulty.
phil: No they aren't. They're going to take me a LONG time to resolve. I'm paying a premium for DSL service, I'd like for my DSL to stay up like it has for 9 months. I'd rather not allocate several hours to troubleshooting the issue on my end when nothing has changed on my end.
Lance N: Are you connected through the same DSL connection now?
phil: Yes
Lance N: Are you using any networking devices to connect like router or a hub?
phil: no
Lance N: Please visit the link given below, follow the steps in it to release and renew your IP address and then connect to the Internet.
Lance N: http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_XP/6391.psc.html
phil: ok - done
phil: I'm now 172.16.xx.xx
Lance N: Now restart and reconnect to the Internet.
Lance N: This should get you stable DSL connections.
phil: You're on crack.
phil: WTF does releasing my IP lease and rebooting my PC have to do with my DSL modem dropping the connection a dozen times per day.
phil: Since the cat appears to have gotten your tongue, I'll answer the question for you. Not a damn thing.
phil: You're praying that I'll disconnect and find some other moron in the support queue, aren't you?
Lance N: Releasing and renewing the IP address should resolve the problems with getting disconnected to the Internet and give a stable connection.
phil: No, it won't. My connection to the modem is completely stable. It NEVER drops. I have an issue with the connection between my modem and your POP.
Lance N: I have checked with the network status and there are no problems with DSL connection in your area.
phil: Thank you for checking. How do we explain the intermittent dropping of my connection every day?
Lance N: As you are connected to this chat and having stable connections, there seems to be no problems with the DSL connection.
phil: Naturally.
phil: It hasn't dropped during the chat.
phil: It dropped 5 minutes before I initiated the chat for the 4th time today.
Lance N: I believe your issue is resolved now since you are able to get stable connections.
phil: Oh?
phil: Oh?
phil: I believe you're mistaken. When my connection drops again, how do I contact you directly?
Lance N: The chat done by us will be saved with us so when you get back to us using the email address philfake@earthlink.net the next agent can view this chat session and assist you appropriately if you have any trouble.
phil: So you're off the hook. You close the call and preserve your solve ratio even though we both know my problem will happen again and again and again.
Lance N: Kindly hold on for a moment.
Lance N: Let me know in detail how you make a connection to the Internet using DSL connection.
Phil: I do nothing. My modem stays on. My PC stays on. I'm connected 24/7.
phil: Great - it just dropped
Lance N: Please configure your DSL modem with bridge mode and configure pppoe connection to connect through DSL.
Lance N: To change the UHP modem to bridge mode for Networking you will need to use the following steps.

1. In the Address or URL field of your browser, type http://172.16.0.254/config.html
2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Click the Disable radio button in the DHCP/NAT/PPPoE area.
4. Click the Save Settings button.

The UHP will now restart. Wait 60 seconds and then close the browser window.

To verify the change, open a new browser window and in the Address or URL field of your browser, type http://172.16.0.254.
Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Note: When the built-in PPPoE client is turned off, this status page should read as Current Mode: Bridged. #PFR#/BBT/Wir/Gen/uhp-settobridgedmode
Lance N: After following the above steps to configure UHP mode please follow the steps given below to configure pppoe connection and connect.
Lance N: To configure Windows XP for your EarthLink DSL:

1. Click the Start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Double click on Network Connections.
4. Click on the Create a new connection link on the left.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Choose Connect to the internet.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Choose Setup my connection manually.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Choose Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password.
11. Click the Next button.
12. Type anything you want to name the connection in the ISP Name box (ex: Mindspring DSL, EarthLink DSL, etc).
13. Click the Next button.
14. Type in your username in the User name box & type in your password in both the Password & Confirm Password boxes.
15. Check the two boxes at the bottom for 'Use this account name & password when anyone connects...' & 'Make this the default connection...' if you desire.
16. Click the Next button.
17. If you would like a shortcut to your DSL connection on your Windows desktop, place a check in the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop box.
18. Click the Finish button.
19. Click the Connect button to connect to your EarthLink DSL.

You now are ready to connect to your DSL line in Windows XP. #PFR#/BBT/Wir/PC/WinXPInternalPPPoEConfig
phil: Thank you. This is what I'm looking for. Did you see that the connection dropped moments ago?
phil: And it just dropped again?
Lance N: Do you mean you were disconnected to the Internet on the computer you are chatting now?
phil: Twice - within 3 minutes of one another
Lance N: Let me know how you are able to say that you were disconnected to the Internet.
phil: It came back up for half a minute and then dropped again.
phil: I guess our chat session is preserved.
Lance N: Please note that the chat session can not stay once you get disconnected to the Internet.
Lance N: It appears that you were not disconnected to the Internet but just you are getting a feeling that you are being disconnected.
Lance N: Can you be more clear on how you are able to say that you were disconnected?
phil: That's funny. All 4 of the middle lights on my modem turn off and my ability to browse or pop email is unavailable.
phil: I'm guessing that the TTL on our chat session is set to several minutes.
Lance N: If once you are disconnected to the Internet the chat session can not stay online it disconnect too.
Lance N: So it appears that you are not disconnected to the Internet.
Lance N: So it should not be a problem with DSL connection and rather you computer.
phil: Fine - what would you suggest is happening when all 4 of the middle lights on my modem go out and I can't connect to any services available on the internet?
phil: IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER. OPEN YOUR MIND. Drop your silly flow chart and read what I'm telling you.
Lance N: Since you have released and renewed your IP address already, please restart your computer and reconnect to the Internet and check the result.
phil: Will you forget about my computer for a moment? My computer is perpetually connected to my modem with zero issues. I reboot it all the time, but the intermittent connection problems persist.
phil: This problem is between my modem and your POP. If I could draw you a crayon map, I would.
Lance N: Have you set your DSL modem to bridge mode as given with the above steps?
phil: Not yet. As you were giving me that information, my connection dropped twice. I though we were discarding the bridging step to take advantage of the golden opportunity in which to troubleshoot the droppage LIVE. But, you keep telling me that it isn't dropping. I'm beginning to question your credibility, quite frankly.
Lance N: Please note that you were not disconnected to the Internet as this chat session is not dropped at all after we have started this session.
Lance N: Please scroll up and check the steps given to set your DSL modem to bridge mode and configure pppoe connection to connect.
phil: Please note that my modem has lost signal TWICE since this session began and you are mistaken. Sadly mistaken.
Lance N: Follow the steps given above and check the result.
phil: Thanks, I'll do that. Hopefully it will help. If not, I'll ask to be connected to Lance N.
Lance N: Okay. Thank you for using EarthLink LiveChat. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.
Lance N: Bye, have a nice time.
phil: Heh - what are you wearing?
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
You are not currently in a chat session.

JimNasium
02-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks, I now have a headache. Perhaps Lance would help me work through a logic diagram to resolve it too.

morphius
02-14-2005, 04:17 PM
By chance is their support off shored? Sure sounds like some of the offshored groups I have talked to, well, except you can understand what he is saying.

Bowser
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
ROFL

Does Lance N stand for Ahkmad bin Whudafuk in India?

Donger
02-14-2005, 04:20 PM
This reminds me of a flash cartoon about tech support. Some Indian guy and an American.

Wish I could find that again; it was hilarious.

Donger
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
This reminds me of a flash cartoon about tech support. Some Indian guy and an American.

Wish I could find that again; it was hilarious.

Heh. http://www.compfused.com/directlink/380/

Warning: contains foul language, I think.

FloridaChief
02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
phil: Heh - what are you wearing?

I'm guessing it was one of those clingy red and black chemise thingies--in honor of Valentine's Day...

Lance certainly likes to think within the box...

Eleazar
02-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I have only had to call Earthlink tech support a few times (cable modem), but in every instance I was more knowledgable than the person I was connected to.

Iowanian
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
I wish I had a script of my earlier conversation with tech support of one of my employers vendors....

It ended in an email from me that basically said "as a long term customer of your (insert employer name), who annually pays $**,000 in maintenence, I don't appreciate your attitude, find it unceccessary, and wonder what (insert name), President of your company will think of the message transcript I'm forwarding him.

It really pisses me off when some of those Helpdesk(I know some of you are HD people, adn I'm sure you neeeeeever do this) treat technically competent people like Drooling Morons when your software isn't fargin working.

I wish I could have "Iowanian'd" the guy.

Lzen
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
phil: You're praying that I'll disconnect and find some other moron in the support queue, aren't you?

ROFL

Eleazar
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM

Exactly.

Lzen
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Love the "what are you wearing" comment at the end.

:LOL:

This reminds me of something off the Conan OBrian show that somebody posted a week or so ago. The support was in India.

Rausch
02-14-2005, 04:28 PM
phil: This problem is between my modem and your POP. If I could draw you a crayon map, I would.

ROFL

I don't know why that's so funny, but it is.

On a side note, I've got to give compliments to Apple's people. Really helped me out, and I could tell the guy I was talking to recognized the cause of the problem right away. No flow chart, he knew what he was doing.

The Mac people at mediacom were great as well. They weren't people reading a Mac flowchart, they were Mac PEOPLE...

Iowanian
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Phildo is going to become the new "bloodninja" of DSL support chat rooms.

Rausch
02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Phildo is going to become the new "bloodninja" of DSL support chat rooms.

There are more than a few nights I've considered upening up a can on some unsuspecting chat-brat after a long shift a work, but I know that with my luck I'd end up with some undercover cop and and a bunch of charges...

CosmicPal
02-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Trust me- ALL you need to do is do a release/renew on your IP address. If that doesn't resolve your issue- powercycle the modem.

It may take several attempts to get a new IP- but this is, in most cases, your resolve. Your DSL provider is probably pushing out new IP's every 3-4 weeks- sometimes the new IPs fail to hit your comp, and when that happens- you lose connection- so you just do a release/renew on your end until you get a new one....and you're good to go.

beavis
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
ROFL

Does Lance N stand for Ahkmad bin Whudafuk in India?
No, his name is Ibeen Sheetenmahdrawrez, and he's in Indonesia.

Bob Dole
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Please perfectly place the DSL device away from the nearest close electronically using device malfunction or it may problems cause.

Bowser
02-14-2005, 04:44 PM
No, his name is Ibeen Sheetenmahdrawrez, and he's in Indonesia.

Ah, the third cousin on the dad's side. Gotcha.

Demonpenz
02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
that was a good effort to get you off the chat session fast.

Demonpenz
02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello have you dropped your computer in a bathtub recently? If so this voids the warrenty.

Phobia
02-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Trust me- ALL you need to do is do a release/renew on your IP address. If that doesn't resolve your issue- powercycle the modem.

It may take several attempts to get a new IP- but this is, in most cases, your resolve. Your DSL provider is probably pushing out new IP's every 3-4 weeks- sometimes the new IPs fail to hit your comp, and when that happens- you lose connection- so you just do a release/renew on your end until you get a new one....and you're good to go.

Shut up Lance.

crossbow
02-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I went through this with my cable modem. Even swapped the modem myself. Finaly insisted they send a tech. The dude they sent was cool. He brought a box of modems and went through three to find a good one. He said that if you swapped one out on your own, chances are high that it would not work or only work for a short while. He was right about that.

If you think about it, these devices are connected to wires that are exposed to all kinds of nasty weather conditions. Plenty of lightning and power surges can end up hitting the modems. You shouldn't be surprized if they get damaged.

Not saying you have a bad modem but yours is acting just like mine did. It would connect and work fast then it couldn't even resolve DNS. I knew it was not my computer because I have 3 of them networked using the same internet connection and they all had the same symptoms. I went to work and looked up network outages for my area and the cable company showed all up and no issues. Had to be the modem.

Phobia
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I went through this with my cable modem. Even swapped the modem myself. Finaly insisted they send a tech. The dude they sent was cool. He brought a box of modems and went through three to find a good one. He said that if you swapped one out on your own, chances are high that it would not work or only work for a short while. He was right about that.

If you think about it, these devices are connected to wires that are exposed to all kinds of nasty weather conditions. Plenty of lightning and power surges can end up hitting the modems. You shouldn't be surprized if they get damaged.

Not saying you have a bad modem but yours is acting just like mine did. It would connect and work fast then it couldn't even resolve DNS.

No. Sir it you PC. Please reboot so I now may close call.

crossbow
02-14-2005, 05:19 PM
No. Sir it you PC. Please reboot so I now may close call.

lol. My companies help desk was sent offshore. They are masters at transfering you to the wrong department or otherwise getting rid of you so they can close the call. If I persist and stand my ground then they send a ticket to the local tech. Unfortunately, I am the local tech so it doesn't accomplish anything.

the Talking Can
02-14-2005, 05:34 PM

how does one do a release/renew?

I'm having a similiar problem where I have to restart my computer about every other day because my connection just fugs up. God bless Cable One...

Phobia
02-14-2005, 05:38 PM
how does one do a release/renew?

I'm having a similiar problem where I have to restart my computer about every other day because my connection just fugs up. God bless Cable One...

What OS? Do you have a router as well, or just the cable modem?

Phobia
02-14-2005, 05:40 PM

My first response to this was smartass - go figure.

I've done this dozens of times. When the problem first began I did it every time the connection dropped. Yeah, the connection comes back, but it still drops too much every day.

Tell me how a connection stays up for 9 months and then starts dropping for 5 minutes every couple hours.

Talisman
02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
6. Turn off or unplug any halogen or fluorescent lights which are in the same room as the DSL modem.
7. Turn off any dimmer switches in your home.

Phil, you obviously have one of the special edition Pitch Black modems Earthlink sells. Which is why you are able to keep your connection when you are surfing for porn, but lose it when you turn the lights back on.

Bowser
02-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Phil, you obviously have one of the special edition Pitch Black modems Earthlink sells. Which is why you are able to keep your connection when you are surfing for porn, but lose it when you turn the lights back on.

Arrr! A rare Talisman sighting!

the Talking Can
02-14-2005, 05:49 PM
What OS? Do you have a router as well, or just the cable modem?

XP, 2002, service pack 1

no router, bit I do have Zone Alarm and use Firefox to browse...the lights on my Cable model are all lit up but about every 48 hours I click the browser and nothing happens, just the red line jumping on my Zone Alarm meter while the green does nothing..

Phobia
02-14-2005, 05:51 PM
XP, 2002, service pack 1

no router, bit I do have Zone Alarm and use Firefox to browse...the lights on my Cable model are all lit up but about every 48 hours I click the browser and nothing happens, just the red line jumping on my Zone Alarm meter while the green does nothing..

Okay. http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_XP/6391.psc.html

|Zach|
02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I am not sure why a problem this big wasn't just brought in front of Dr. Iowanian.

Pants
02-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Called TWC support once, problem got solved in 7 minutes. The chick seemed to know what she was doing (reading the right flow chart, that is).

the Talking Can
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Okay. http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_XP/6391.psc.html

thanks, I'll try it out next time....

Phobia
02-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Called TWC support once, problem got solved in 7 minutes. The chick seemed to know what she was doing (reading the right flow chart, that is).

Time Warner?

I don't believe that for a second.

I'm kidding. I always had pretty good luck the 4 years I had RoadRunner.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Sinister Query: Do you have the "Send lethal power surge" button on your modem?

teedubya
02-15-2005, 01:19 AM
I've always thought Lancetastic was a dumbass.

KCTitus
02-15-2005, 07:46 AM
I swear I talked to Lance a few years ago, however, at the time he was working at AT&T Broadband.

Basically, the problem was I wasnt an IP from their DHCP server. He claimed he could 'see' the modem on the network, so it had to be my PC and obviously my firewall software. Which I had made the unfortunate mistake of telling him I had, but had shut down.

At any rate, the argument ensued and I basically grabbed an old HD of mine with Win95 on it and nothing else and booted that and still no IP...at which time he stated once again it was my firewall.

At that point I had all I could stand of Johnny One Note, hung up and called again. After a couple of attempts, I got ahold of someone who actually acknowledge a network outage in my area but with no ETA. I was down for almost 2 weeks.

AT&T Broadband had the absolute worst customer service in the world.

Phobia
04-08-2005, 06:11 PM
So, after 2 months of troubleshooting this problem, Earthlink finally conceded it was the modem. Sir, we'd be happy to send you a modem and we'll bill you $50 for the new modem and $20 for shipping and handling.

The hell you will, I said.

How long is the warranty on my existing modem?

1 year, sir.

Okay, I began having these problems and initiated support in February. March 7th would have been 1 year. I'm not paying shit for a new modem.

Okay, okay, okay sir. Settle down. If you'll agree to a year contract, we'll send the modem for free.

The hell! If you send me a modem and it fixes my problem, I MIGHT stay with you. Otherwise I'm moving to RoadRunner. BTW, I want 2 months credit for the time my DSL didn't work for shit and all the trouble I've had with your so called "support".

After about 10 minutes of banter back and forth the jackasses finally agreed to credit me for 2 months, give me a free modem, and no contract. The modem is in and hasn't dropped yet.

I really do not care for big business support. Not at all. I'm not always a jackass to them, but if they start blowing smoke up my ass I'll drop the gloves in a heartbeat.

FWIW, everything is negotiable with these bastards. You have to tell them what they'll be doing or explain that they're losing a customer. That's the only time they listen.

Pants
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
So, after 2 months of troubleshooting this problem, Earthlink finally conceded it was the modem. Sir, we'd be happy to send you a modem and we'll bill you $50 for the new modem and $20 for shipping and handling.

1 year, sir.

Okay, I began having these problems and initiated support in February. March 7th would have been 1 year. I'm not paying shit for a new modem.

Okay, okay, okay sir. Settle down. If you'll agree to a year contract, we'll send the modem for free.

The hell! If you send me a modem and it fixes my problem, I MIGHT stay with you. Otherwise I'm moving to RoadRunner. BTW, I want 2 months credit for the time my DSL didn't work for shit and all the trouble I've had with your so called "support".

After about 10 minutes of banter back and forth the jackasses finally agreed to credit me for 2 months, give me a free modem, and no contract. The modem is in and hasn't dropped yet.

I really do not care for big business support. Not at all. I'm not always a jackass to them, but if they start blowing smoke up my ass I'll drop the gloves in a heartbeat.

FWIW, everything is negotiable with these bastards. You have to tell them what they'll be doing or explain that they're losing a customer. That's the only time they listen.

Good job. Must've been a bitch finding this thread, though.

Bwana
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
That sucks, but wait until you get hooked up with Dell "India" with a Dell computer problem. I was close to using a shit load of my Frequent Flyer miles to fly to India just to kick this guy in the balls.

jspchief
04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
It's sad that you have to threaten them with going elsewhere.

There was a time when a business would make concessions to keep you as a customer, without you having to make threats.

CosmicPal
04-08-2005, 06:25 PM
There was a time when a business would make concessions to keep you as a customer, without you having to make threats.

Yea. Too bad that doesn't apply to strip clubs or I'd be going there a whole lot more.

Simplex3
04-08-2005, 06:44 PM
A former client of mine had SBC DSL Business Class. They hosted their servers in house and the whole 9 yards. One day their Internet connection dropped. Their network guy was gone so I agreed to help them out (I've dealt with SBC on voice trunks for years).

Long story short after a huge run-around I finally get ahold of someone who tells me that "someone" has removed the line from their systems, disconnecting it in the switch. She couldn't find an order to disconnect it or anything else. Then she proceeds to tell me that she can schedule my customer for an "install" in about 2 months. After a long fight about having to wait for install instead of repair (the circuit was removed from our system sir, that means it is a new install). I told her to go ahead and schedule an install and I was calling everyone else in town, the first ones to install would win. They knew that I couldn't get DSL without having to wait on them, but they didn't know Time Warner was putting in a business class trunk in the wiring closet on the first floor that day. They pulled it up to the suite and had it running the next day.

Hammock Parties
04-08-2005, 07:03 PM

1 year, sir.

Inspiring. I lost a DSL modem to a t-storm and the replacement was a dud, but the third one was the charm and I didn't have any problems with Yahoo SBC. Apart from the flowchart runaround on the phone with samir.

Saulbadguy
04-08-2005, 07:06 PM
It's sad that you have to threaten them with going elsewhere.

You just gotta learn who those businesses are. Some do, some don't.

BigRedChief
04-08-2005, 07:10 PM
You need to ditch DSL and go cable.

Hammock Parties
04-08-2005, 07:12 PM
You need to ditch DSL and go cable.

I have had both and really haven't noticed the difference. I had AT&T/Comcast cable in Dallas and Yahoo SBC DSL here in Houston.

memyselfI
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Everest....rocks.

Eat your heart out! :p

Logical
04-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Wow this thread really makes me appreciate SBC customer service and tech support. By the way Phil, that was funny as hell to someone not suffering with their incompetence, thanks for sharing. :thumb:

BigRedChief
04-08-2005, 08:34 PM
I have had both and really haven't noticed the difference. I had AT&T/Comcast cable in Dallas and Yahoo SBC DSL here in Houston.

It was the same price? The same up time? The same speed?

Pants
04-08-2005, 08:36 PM
sorry but RR pwns all