PDA

View Full Version : Warranty good and bad......Long Rant but need help!

Chief Roundup
02-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I have a 2002 Ford ZX2 that has 26,775 miles and this dealer can't tell me for sure what is wrong, or why. Just that they have ordered a water pump, crank, bearings, head, 1 sleeve, and 1 piston that the Jaguar qualified technician is going to bring with him when he comes down and makes a decision on what is wrong and a resolution.
The other day I get in the car after it has been running for a few and there is no heat. Just cold air.
I opened the hood and sure enough the smell of burnt anti-freeze and the inner fender is wet and green at the bottum. I added coolant and no difference in the heat. Keep in mind that my temp gauge is perfectly in the middle where it always normally runs.
Well I call the local dealer to check and make sure that my warranty is still in affect. Luckily, using that word very very loosely, my warranty is still in affect until mid July.
So I talk to the tech and he says "Probably the water pump." what I thought was probably wrong.
So I take my car in and drop it off thinking man I am glad I don't have to pay for all of this and I sure hope they give me a loaner car to drive.
They called me and asked me to stop by the service department.
They asked me if the car has ever overheated and how long I have had this problem with the car.
I informed them that the car has never overheated and I started having the problem yesterday.
Well they informed me that water pump was bad but the head gasket had also blown which has put water in the #1 cylinder. They inspected the bottum end of the motor which led the tech to think that I need a crank, bearings, and 1 new cylinder sleeve and piston.
BUT that upon ordering these parts they were informed that my car is a EuroModular Car. And that my engine, driveline, and suspension can only be worked on by a Jaguar qualified tech. And that no one in thier shop is Jag qualified. So Jaguar is sending a tech down from Springfield or St. Louis when they get all the parts that the local tech thought might be necessary.

Phobia
02-14-2005, 11:31 PM
You shouldn't pay them anything. Does that help?

jspchief
02-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Built Ford tough...

stumppy
02-14-2005, 11:40 PM
I'd be wanting another friggin motor if it has that much overheating damage.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2005, 11:42 PM
I think that if they have to change out all those internal parts of the engine that my current engine becomes a rebuilt engine.
A rebuilt engine normally lasts 80k to 100k.
A new factory engine normally will last 150k to 200k.
So I feel like if they do all that work to my engine instead of replacing the engine I am losing half of the life of my engine.

Not to mention this local dealer started working on it when they shouldn't of.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I'd be wanting another friggin motor if it has that much overheating damage.
According to the computer the car never overheated though.

stumppy
02-14-2005, 11:57 PM
I'd be trying to line up all the info., facts, screw ups (on their part) I could. Try talking to the Service manager in person and plead your case. I'm sure there is certain criteria that has to be met before Ford will drop a new engine (factory reman.) in your truck but if Ford is anything like Chrysler the Serv. Mngr. can get it done.
And if that fails, find out who the district rep. is and contact him.