PDA

View Full Version : BGN updated mock

Mr. Laz
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
this been posted already??

surely we wouldn't pass on antrel rolle?

2005 DRAFT TWO-ROUND PROJECTION

February 11, 2005
* indicates underclassman
First round

1 San Francisco *Alex SmithQB Utah
2 Miami Cedric BensonRB Texas
3 Cleveland Derrick JohnsonLB Texas
4 Chicago Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
5 Tampa Bay Carnell Williams RB Auburn
6 Tennessee *Adam Jones CB West Virginia
7 Oakland Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
8 Arizona *Aaron Rodgers QB California
9 Washington *Mike Williams WR Southern California
10 Detroit *Shawne Merriman DE Maryland
11 Dallas Travis Johnson DT Florida State
12 San Diego (from NY Giants) Dan Cody DE Oklahoma
13 Houston Marcus Spears DE LSU
14 Carolina Alex Barron OT Florida State
15 Kansas City Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
16 New Orleans Antrel Rolle CB Miami
17 Cincinnati Shaun Cody DT Southern California
18 Minnesota Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
19 St. Louis Matt Roth DE Iowa
20 Dallas (from Buffalo) *Brandon Browner CB Oregon State
21 Jacksonville David Pollack DE Georgia
22 Baltimore *Troy Williamson WR South Carolina
23 Seattle Roddy White WR Alabama-Birmingham
24 Green Bay Marlin Jackson CB Michigan
25 Denver *Heath Miller TE Virginia
26 New York Jets Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
27 Atlanta Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma
28 San Diego *Thomas Davis FS Georgia
29 Indianapolis *C.J. Mosely DT Missouri
30 Pittsburgh *Justin Miller CB Clemson
31 Philadelphia *Channing Crowder LB Florida
32 New England *Odell Thurman LB Georgia

Second round

33 San Francisco Luis Castillo DT Northwestern
34 Cleveland Jason Campbell QB Auburn
35 Philadelphia (from Miami) *Ciatrick Fason RB Florida
36 Tampa Bay Elton Brown OG Virginia
37 Tennessee Khalif Barnes OT Washington
38 Oakland Corey Webster CB LSU
39 Chicago Alex Smith TE Stanford
40 New Orleans (from Washington) Attiyah Ellison DT Missouri
41 Detroit David Baas OG Michigan
42 Dallas *Ernest Shazor SS Michigan
43 New York Giants Mike Nugent PK Ohio State
44 Arizona *Marion Barber RB Minnesota
45 Carolina Reggie Brown WR Georgia
46 Kansas City Eric Green CB Vrginia Tech
47 Houston Wesley Britt OT Alabama
48 Cincinnati Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee
49 Minnesota Mike Patterson DT Southern California
50 St. Louis Adam Terry OT Syracuse
51 Green Bay (from New Orleans) Chris Canty DE Virginia
52 Jacksonville *Frank Gore RB Miami
53 Baltimore Chris Kemoeatu OG Utah
54 Seattle Cedric Houston RB Tennessee
55 Buffalo Michael Munoz OT Tennessee
56 Denver Logan Mankins OG Fresno State
57 New York Jets Courtney Roby WR Indiana
58 Green Bay Andrew Walter QB Arizona State
59 Atlanta *Brodney Pool FS Oklahoma
60 Indianapolis Barrett Ruud LB Nebraska
61 San Diego J.R. Russell WR Louisville
62 Pittsburgh *Chris Henry WR West Virginia
63 Philadelphia Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
64 New England Matt Jones WR Arkansas

Great Blue North Draft Report Privacy Policy.

The GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT is a division of SQUITERLAND ENTERPRISES, Ottawa, Ontario,Canada

Marco Polo
02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
No we'd pass up Rolle for James IMO...

Personally, I like Roth beter than James...

philfree
02-15-2005, 07:16 PM
As much as we could use more pass rush off the left end I'm just not excited about James. My gut keeps yelling bust everytime I see Erasmus James in print. Of course I'm not real stoked on the other every down LDEs either. Pollack nor Spears have me convinced that they'll be that much of an upgrade over Hicks. IMO they're just not gonna be double digit sackers in the NFL. IMO we could get more out of a 3rd down pass rusher coming in behind Hicks if it's a guy who can really bring it. (Not Stills a real pass rusher)

I like the CB Green in the 2nd though if we don't go CB in the 1st. I'm beginning to think we should go ahead and get that 1st round CB we've needed for the last several years. Even if we sign Ty Law or ?????. Let's get that base covered so our secondary doesn't look like it did last year. If we get the right free agents I think Carlos Rogers and Brodney Pool would be a good two first picks.

PhilFree :arrow:

KevB
02-15-2005, 08:48 PM
No chance. You take Rolle and play him at corner. If he doesn't work out there, you move him to safety. He's a playmaker first and foremost, which is what we need on D regardless of position. Then take Kevin Burnett in the 2nd to play weakside backer....instant upgrade to defense.

htismaqe
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
GBN is one of the worst sites out there, IMO.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2005, 09:39 PM
GBN is one of the worst sites out there, IMO.

so are you going to go through the forum and put this on every GBN thread you find???

evidently you've found some website that ranked past mocks on % of accuracy and evidently GBN didn't grade so well.

and now you've decided to enlighten the rest of us ... :spock:

Dayze
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm unsure of drafting a DE with the 1st.

Hell, the Chiefs traded up to draft Sims with Freeney on the board (i believe). If they can't spot a talent like Freeney, I'm not sure they could disintguish possible 2nd round DE talent in the first.

I'd hate to blow a 1st on a DE that is as unproductive as our current DE's.

Chiefnj
02-15-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't care if their mocks are accurate or not, GBN is a pretty good college football/draft site. They follow it year round and have a lot of good info. I won't hold it against them that they didn't predict that the Chiefs would drop out of the first round and take Siavii.

With all that being said, I don't get the whole idea behind Erasmus James being one of the first DE's drafted. He doesn't have great size, he came up empty in the biggest game of his life and he has a history of major injuries. The injuries alone should knock him to the back of the first round, if not later.

crossbow
02-15-2005, 10:04 PM
This mock is rediculous. We should draft a safety and convert him to corner. In the second round we should take a tight end. Then spend the rest of the rounds on reserves and special teams.

Sorry, I am feeling really beligurant tonight. Seriously, I would take the best corner or LB that is on the board in round one. Then reverse the choice in round two. Unless we make some trades, that would be it for us on day one - no 3rd !!! (thank you mr. commisioner).

the Talking Can
02-15-2005, 10:37 PM
zero chance in hell we pass on Rolle for a DE

CanadaKC
02-15-2005, 11:27 PM
No way Brodney Pool FS from Oklahoma gets to 59th overall. Dallas will surely take Carlos Rogers over Browner in the 1st round. Browner will henchforth drop to us..where we STEAL him in round two. :D

KCJake
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
zero chance in hell we pass on Rolle for a DE
Agreed :thumb:

htismaqe
02-16-2005, 10:12 AM
so are you going to go through the forum and put this on every GBN thread you find???

evidently you've found some website that ranked past mocks on % of accuracy and evidently GBN didn't grade so well.

and now you've decided to enlighten the rest of us ... :spock:

It's not about the accuracy of their mocks (although they're generally REALLY bad) it's about the accuracy of their info.

One has to wonder how valid the info on a site is when they don't have the correct height/weight for a few dozen of the top players...

KCTitus
02-16-2005, 10:20 AM
It will definately be interesting come Draft Day if Rolle and a pass rushing DE are available when KC drafts...

BigRedChief
02-16-2005, 10:33 AM
wtf is this draft? What a POS. Clevland dropped Garcia to draft a QB not Johnson. Even King Carl will not pass on Rolle if he's there at 15.

Chiefnj
02-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I've read that Rolle isn't very bright and that he was arrested for assaulting a police officer. Charges were later dropped. I'm not sure how true any of it is though, and what impact it might have on him being a Chief.

tomahawk kid
02-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know, historically, what the "most accurate" draft website is?

Kiper has us taking Merriman from Maryland @ 15.

Just what we need...another tweener.

redshirt32
02-16-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm
This site has about 30 dif mock drafts from all over and updates almost daily, It's a Skins site and it is funny that mast of ther homers have us trading our second and first to move up. I think we will trade down and make an excuse that the player we wanted was taken before us LOL

Chiefnj
02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know, historically, what the "most accurate" draft website is?

Kiper has us taking Merriman from Maryland @ 15.

Just what we need...another tweener.

IIRC, Gosselin from Dallas mentioned the Chiefs might take Johnson two years ago. He knows the guys in the front office and gets inside info. He might be one of the better guys to rely on for KC information.

I'm not sure how you measure accuracy. Is it predicting which player will go in what round, which player in which slot, which player to which team??

htismaqe
02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Rick Gosselin covers the NFL (not the Cowboys) for the Dallas MN. He used to cover the Chiefs before Gretz.

He's the best out there, but in the past it's been necessary to register to get his mocks from the DMN.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

You'll notice the the other site I recommend (NFL Draft Countdown) also rates pretty high.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Rick Gosselin covers the NFL (not the Cowboys) for the Dallas MN. He used to cover the Chiefs before Gretz.

He's the best out there, but in the past it's been necessary to register to get his mocks from the DMN.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

You'll notice the the other site I recommend (NFL Draft Countdown) also rates pretty high.
i knew you had found a rating someplace :p

htismaqe
02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
i knew you had found a rating someplace :p

I've used the Huddle Report for the last 3 years, every time I quote Gosselin and somebody says "Who the **** is he?"