PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft Kid Convicted

KCWolfman
02-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Not that I mean to say it, but I told you so.

Okay, I mean to say it.

12 jurors have decided, again, that an anti-depressant does not cause rage.

Let's blame the real offenders, when a 12 year old kid is so despondent that he has attempted suicide 3 times and has been in and out of mental facilities, his parents and environment are to blame. Even if Chris Pittman was so mentally imbalanced that he could not be trusted to be in society, I still believe his parents shoulder the bulk of the responsibility for deluding themselves into believing a pill would make that all go away.

Pfizer has lost one case in "attempted murder", due to poor work by the prosecutors. Had they simply charged him with aggravated assault, they would have locked the offender up for several years. Otherwise, every case against Zoloft has been proven false.

Before you begin lambasting me for being a callous bastard, I dare you to answer a simple question honestly - would you allow this boy around your family members who could not defend themselves? Such as small children or elderly relatives? If he was off this drug, would you feel comfortable with a kid who pushed a shotgun into the mouth of his sleeping grandfather and against the side of his own grandmother's head? If you can't honestly say yes, then why do you expect any of society to do so?

Teen Gets 30 Years in Zoloft Case (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/15/zoloft.trial/index.html)

Pants
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Did people disagree with you on this?

KCWolfman
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Did people disagree with you on this?
Yeah, someone brought up a thread earlier on this case asking if the kid should be jailed and blaming the drug for his actions. I uttered "poppycock" (okay, I didn't literally say "poppycock") and was raked over the coals for being an insensitive bastard. However, I did note that my question above was asked on the previous thread and no one dared answer the query.

The silence spoke louder than the question itself.

Inspector
02-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah, someone brought up a thread earlier on this case asking if the kid should be jailed and blaming the drug for his actions. I uttered "poppycock" (okay, I didn't literally say "poppycock") and was raked over the coals for being an insensitive bastard. However, I did note that my question above was asked on the previous thread and no one dared answer the query.

The silence spoke louder than the question itself.

I think I would agree with you on this, but I guess I should still call you an insensitive bastard anyway. Nothing personal.

You insensitive bastard.

Oh, and I think I'm going to try to find a way to use "poppycock" in a conversation tomorrow.

KCWolfman
02-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I think I would agree with you on this, but I guess I should still call you an insensitive bastard anyway. Nothing personal.

You insensitive bastard.

Oh, and I think I'm going to try to find a way to use "poppycock" in a conversation tomorrow.
Just don't say it when looking at cleavage, a lawsuit is bound to ensue afterward.

Inspector
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Just don't say it when looking at cleavage, a lawsuit is bound to ensue afterward.
ROFL ROFL

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 12:29 AM
I think it is a sad case, but we should look at what we are going to be returning to society in 30 years....a 45 year old man with no skills and no experience other than prison life...yeah chalk up another lifetime criminal

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:32 AM
I think it is a sad case, but we should look at what we are going to be returning to society in 30 years....a 45 year old man with no skills and no experience other than prison life...yeah chalk up another lifetime criminal
I don't disagree. Which is why I feel that murders, rapists, and kidnappers (for profit) need to simply be executed. However, being 12 years old raises an interesting dilemma, should you remove that child from society forever? And again, I am left with the question, would you want to leave that person alone with any indefensible person in your home for any amount of time? If your answer is no, why do you expect the rest of society to do so?

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't disagree. Which is why I feel that murders, rapists, and kidnappers (for profit) need to simply be executed. However, being 12 years old raises an interesting dilemma, should you remove that child from society forever? And again, I am left with the question, would you want to leave that person alone with any indefensible person in your home for any amount of time? If your answer is no, why do you expect the rest of society to do so?

I think IMHO this kid should be givin another chance...the fact that he was so young, the possibility that the drug play some kind of role in the mental state....the possibility that there are other underlying mental problems....maybe they can be worked out, maybe not...let a psychologist and an MD (or a panel) make a determination if this kid can be returned to society to be productive

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I think IMHO this kid should be givin another chance...the fact that he was so young, the possibility that the drug play some kind of role in the mental state....the possibility that there are other underlying mental problems....maybe they can be worked out, maybe not...let a psychologist and an MD (or a panel) make a determination if this kid can be returned to society to be productive
Would you trust the kid around any indefensible member of your family?

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Would you trust the kid around any indefensible member of your family?

no but I think that is an unfair question....I think that there are people who do bad things that should have the opportunity to redeem themselves....if I asked you if a person convicted of stealing $1000 one time, would you trust them working with money in anyway without intense supervision?....and I think that goes for just about any crime....unfortunaltly he is going to find himself in that situation when he gets out....working alone at Jamba Juice when an old woman comes in, and it's "just the two of us" (we can make if we try, just the two of us you and I) Ok sorry ....anyway so yeah there is going to be that situation and hopefully it will turn out ok...

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:53 AM
no but I think that is an unfair question....I think that there are people who do bad things that should have the opportunity to redeem themselves....if I asked you if a person convicted of stealing $1000 one time, would you trust them working with money in anyway without intense supervision?....and I think that goes for just about any crime....unfortunaltly he is going to find himself in that situation when he gets out....working alone at Jamba Juice when an old woman comes in, and it's "just the two of us" (we can make if we try, just the two of us you and I) Ok sorry ....anyway so yeah there is going to be that situation and hopefully it will turn out ok...
This isn't a question about fairness.

Honestly the only thing that is unfair is that you expect someone in society to live next door to a killer that you don't even trust yourself.

There is a huge difference between theft and murder. I can make another 1000.00. I can't make another grandfather.

You are right, he is in a catch-22. He cannot redeem himself if no one trusts him. But, again honestly, who created that situation.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:04 AM
This isn't a question about fairness.

Honestly the only thing that is unfair is that you expect someone in society to live next door to a killer that you don't even trust yourself.

There is a huge difference between theft and murder. I can make another 1000.00. I can't make another grandfather.

You are right, he is in a catch-22. He cannot redeem himself if no one trusts him. But, again honestly, who created that situation.

That is so funny you say that...I read an article in class tonight about a guy who was convicted of child molestation served his time and now is married to a woman...anyway he moved into a new neighborhood with his new wife because her old home was too close to a school zone....well anyway the new house is in a new subdivision by a even newer strip mall...anyway becasue of the fact this guy has to publish his whereabouts to the enitre area the strip mall has lost a lot of business (or so they claim) so now the owners of the mall property are suing this guy to try and get him to leave....I think it is funny becasue we have this NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) attitude with criminals and other things like prisons....but where do we expect these people to live? where are they going to work so they can pay off the fines that they owe? I think we need to get a grip as a society....

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:09 AM
That is so funny you say that...I read an article in class tonight about a guy who was convicted of child molestation served his time and now is married to a woman...anyway he moved into a new neighborhood with his new wife because her old home was too close to a school zone....well anyway the new house is in a new subdivision by a even newer strip mall...anyway becasue of the fact this guy has to publish his whereabouts to the enitre area the strip mall has lost a lot of business (or so they claim) so now the owners of the mall property are suing this guy to try and get him to leave....I think it is funny becasue we have this NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) attitude with criminals and other things like prisons....but where do we expect these people to live? where are they going to work so they can pay off the fines that they owe? I think we need to get a grip as a society....
Again, you are correct, it is unfair. But who created the unfair situation to begin with? It is nice to say that you want to give a premeditated murderer of his own family a second chance, it is horrid to say you want to do so without any risk to your family.

I am more concerned about society than the individual in this case. And for every reformed child molester you find, I will find at least 10-15 multiple rapists and murderers who should have been killed the first time to save other innocent victims.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Again, you are correct, it is unfair. But who created the unfair situation to begin with? It is nice to say that you want to give a premeditated murderer of his own family a second chance, it is horrid to say you want to do so without any risk to your family.

I am more concerned about society than the individual in this case. And for every reformed child molester you find, I will find at least 10-15 multiple rapists and murderers who should have been killed the first time to save other innocent victims.

I agree he created the problem, but becasue we are a society we have to deal with these things in a society he doesn't live in a bubble of his own problems....

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I agree he created the problem, but becasue we are a society we have to deal with these things in a society he doesn't live in a bubble of his own problems....
Society can deal with it, it is just an ugly solution they don't prefer.

Anyone who kills without the reasoning to protect themselves or others
Anyone who rapes
and Anyone who kidnaps for profit should be executed in a quiet and quick fashion.

A couple of appeals and move to shooting them in the back of the head while they are strapped to a chair. I don't care if it is inhumane, I don't care if it works as a deterrent or not. I just care that it would make society a much safer place than it is today.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:23 AM

Anyone who rapes
and Anyone who kidnaps for profit should be executed in a quiet and quick fashion.

A couple of appeals and move to shooting them in the back of the head while they are strapped to a chair. I don't care if it is inhumane, I don't care if it works as a deterrent or not. I just care that it would make society a much safer place than it is today.

I disagree with the rape aspect...but I'm more curious about your kidnap for profit point...I hadn't noticed this to be a problem in the U.S.?

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:26 AM
I disagree with the rape aspect...but I'm more curious about your kidnap for profit point...I hadn't noticed this to be a problem in the U.S.?
Not a problem at all in Israel. No reported kidnapping in over 20 years. And I definitely uphold the rape and molestation viewpoint. A man released in 2003 and subjected to medical sterilization killed two women before he was caught. He murdered them because he could no longer act sexually against them.

Child molesters and rapists are among the most heinous and common repeat offenders.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Not a problem at all in Israel. No reported kidnapping in over 20 years. And I definitely uphold the rape and molestation viewpoint. A man released in 2003 and subjected to medical sterilization killed two women before he was caught. He murdered them because he could no longer act sexually against them.

Child molesters and rapists are among the most heinous and common repeat offenders.

hmmm intersting....but kidnap for profit only? I mean you would support a mother/father kidnapping his child from an abusive mother/father despite inaction by the authorities to do anything? (mostly occuring in emotional abuse cases or undetectable sexual abuse) All criminals are heinious repeat offenders ( IIRC recidivism for any crime is in th e70% range) I think the example you cite is more the exception than the rule, you can't lump all into one group....this is one area I would like to see fixed in the correctional system is the transfer back into mainstream society more progressive than instant...tooo often criminals are just thrown back to the street with minimal supervision, I think there needs to be a period of transistion and evaluation to determine if they can function in society

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:36 AM
hmmm intersting....but kidnap for profit only? I mean you would support a mother/father kidnapping his child from an abusive mother/father despite inaction by the authorities to do anything? (mostly occuring in emotional abuse cases or undetectable sexual abuse) All criminals are heinious repeat offenders ( IIRC recidivism for any crime is in th e70% range) I think the example you cite is more the exception than the rule, you can't lump all into one group....this is one area I would like to see fixed in the correctional system is the transfer back into mainstream society more progressive than instant...tooo often criminals are just thrown back to the street with minimal supervision, I think there needs to be a period of transistion and evaluation to determine if they can function in society
That is a huge stretch. Who said I supported people who kidnap their own children?

Those people need to be locked up, if found guilty, but hardly executed.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:42 AM
That is a huge stretch. Who said I supported people who kidnap their own children?

Those people need to be locked up, if found guilty, but hardly executed.

I was asking, how far you supported death in the case of kidnapping...I still am curious why you are interested in the kidnap for profit crime....I know it is a big problem in central america but hadn't heard anything about it here in the states...

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I was asking, how far you supported death in the case of kidnapping...I still am curious why you are interested in the kidnap for profit crime....I know it is a big problem in central america but hadn't heard anything about it here in the states...
It is not a big problem in the US that I know of either. However, it is one of the most heinous crimes committed. The violation is on the same level as rape (and probably longer lasting effects).

I think you misunderstand my intent. I don't care about the number of crimes committed or making deterrents to crimes or the reasons for making better people out of criminals. I believe that action is hundreds of years down the road.

I care about making a safer society. To do that today, we simply have to lock up violent offenders (like those listed above) for life or we have to execute them. Personally, I would rather execute them to save our tax dollars and further reduce the risk of them being filtered back to a safe society.

Wallcrawler
02-16-2005, 02:00 AM

Anyone who rapes

Your name isnt Frank Castle by any chance is it?

Heh.

Nah, I totally agree here. If you choose to kill someone, or rape someone, or any other heinous crime, then I dont want to hear any pissing and moaning about how the world is suddenly unfair to you.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Put yourself in the shoes of the victim. Where was their fairness at while they were being killed/raped/whatever? Sorry, commiting a violent crime is pretty much that person forfeiting all future rights to fairness and sympathy.

The way we were raised around my house, if we did something to someone, we got it done right back to us as punishment, just to see how it feels. It was a pretty damn good deterrent from ever doing it again.

So yeah, if you murder someone, you should be shown no more mercy than what you showed your victim. Ideal punishment is to kill them in the exact same fashion that they killed their victim, so this Zoloft Kid should be sucking on a shotgun barrel right about now, with the shotgun being held by a guy with an itchy trigger finger. Give him enough time to realise what is about to happen, and when it sinks in, kablooey. Walls re-painted in brain matter grey.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Your name isnt Frank Castle by any chance is it?

Heh.

How many of the Punisher's criminals were repeat offenders?