PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to these days?

Pages : [1] 2

|Zach|
02-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I have been getting more into Nick Drake's collection. I am coming to the conclusion that the guy can do no wrong.

Iron and Wine is becoming one of my favorite artists. There seems to be an influx of folk rock that sounds really good.

There is a group called Karate that fuses jazz, blues, and emo into an amazing sound thats pretty good.

Mos Def
Yo La Tengo
Air
Athlete
Snow Patrol
Painting Red Houses
N.E.R.D.
Steely Dan
Kronos Quartet
Josh Rouse

Pants
02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Prodigy as usual. I can never get tired of them. Plus the new album kicks ass.

stevieray
02-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Pink Floyd

Division Bell.

beavis
Check out Interpol. I've been listening to their first cd a lot lately.

|Zach|
Hopefully someday I can hit my head at such rate shown in the old firestarter video.

Someday...

Phobia
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Static-X at the moment.

|Zach|
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Interpol is strange to me. Based on other things I listen to I should like them yet I just never connected. Some of their songs are very good I jst can't quite latch on. I have downloaded some songs that I am going to listen to so maybe I will catch on.

beavis
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Interpol is strange to me. Based on other things I listen to I should like them yet I just never connected. Some of their songs are very good I jst can't quite latch on. I have downloaded some songs that I am going to listen to so maybe I will catch on.
Their current single "Evil" is a little more mainstream. Download that one and give it a try.

teedubya
02-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Johnny Cash - Unearthed Box Set
Elvis Costello- Greatest Hits
John Lennon- Acoustic

those are in my playlist most frequently at this moment....

KCWolfman
02-15-2005, 11:53 PM
I just saw Carbon Leaf last weekend. Very well thought lyrics. I had no idea they had been established for so long. I got them, Modest Mouse, Springsteen, Loretta Lynn and Jack White, Devandra Banhart, and The Arcade Fire on the multiple CD player.

I have Thelonious Monk, Sonny Boy Williamson, Sidney Bechet, Woody Guthrie, Fred Below, and Willie Dixon on the MP3 player.

I have found it is easier to keep my old music catalogued and kept on a player for private use - also I can plug it into my car, computer, or stereo when no one else is around and I want to listen loud.

|Zach|
John Lennon- Acoustic

The other day I found some songs by Sean Lennon his son. They are really cool in a strange quirky way. I don't like alot of people would enjoy them but I always did.

Phobia
Sevendust at this moment.

Pants
02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Hopefully someday I can hit my head at such rate shown in the old firestarter video.

Someday...

I'm a firestartahh, punking instigatahh. I'm the fear addicted, danger illustrated.

That reminds me, it's bout time to change my Prodigy avatar line.

stevieray
Getting ready to put enigma on...

hehehe

beavis
Anyone going to Modest Mouse next week?

|Zach|
02-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I just saw Carbon Leaf last weekend. Very well thought lyrics. I had no idea they had been established for so long. I got them, Modest Mouse, Springsteen, Loretta Lynn and Jack White, Devandra Banhart, and The Arcade Fire on the multiple CD player.

I have Thelonious Monk, Sonny Boy Williamson, Sidney Bechet, Woody Guthrie, Fred Below, and Willie Dixon on the MP3 player.

I have found it is easier to keep my old music catalogued and kept on a player for private use - also I can plug it into my car, computer, or stereo when no one else is around and I want to listen loud.
Arcade Fire is excellent, I actually thanked a friend the other day for introducing me to them...

If you have some time I would give this song a listen I think you would dig it. http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=6

|Zach|
02-15-2005, 11:57 PM

hehehe
Returning to innocence?

Phobia
02-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Why does nobody like my angry metal?

I mellowed out at this moment - Spoonman.

KCWolfman
02-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Same here. Interpol, Green Day, Postal Service, Keane, none of them really appeal to me although I know the music is actually good. However, in the same genre, I like (and liking more) The Killers (Mr. Brightside is in Guinness own words - BRILLIANT!), The Shins, and Thievery Corporation.

Some of the modern bands click for me, and honestly some just don't no matter how much talent they display.

stevieray
02-15-2005, 11:59 PM

Save me...

Pants
02-15-2005, 11:59 PM

hehehe

Shit, that reminds me. I was going to DL their suff and couldn't remember who I was thinking of DLing the whole week. Wow.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Anyone going to Modest Mouse next week?
Bastards are sold out! I am trying to convince a friend of mine to set me on some free tix.

Antartica is much better than their current stuff, although The Ocean Breathes Salty is great. I would love to see them live as their music is so varified that only The Talking Heads come close to describing their musical genre.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Same here. Interpol, Green Day, Postal Service, Keane, none of them really appeal to me although I know the music is actually good. However, in the same genre, I like (and liking more) The Killers (Mr. Brightside is in Guinness own words - BRILLIANT!), The Shins, and Thievery Corporation.

Some of the modern bands click for me, and honestly some just don't no matter how much talent they display.
I dig the Killers too. I've been meaning to pick up that cd.

Interpol just struck me as so different when I first heard them. I couldn't think of anyone to compare them to.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:01 AM

Outshined is cool, it is my favorite tune while playing the old Road Rash games on my PS.

KCWolfman
I dig the Killers too. I've been meaning to pick up that cd.

Interpol just struck me as so different when I first heard them. I couldn't think of anyone to compare them to.
True - Get the Killers CD, you won't be disappointed.

beavis
Bastards are sold out! I am trying to convince a friend of mine to set me on some free tix.

Antartica is much better than their current stuff, although The Ocean Breathes Salty is great. I would love to see them live as their music is so varified that only The Talking Heads come close to describing their musical genre.
Totally agree. The first thing I heard of theirs was "Good News...", but Antarctica is by far a better album.

Get tickets dude!

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:02 AM

Try more laid back anger.
http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=1

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Totally agree. The first thing I heard of theirs was "Good News...", but Antarctica is by far a better album.

Get tickets dude!
Good News is cool in a pop way. Like I mentioned before, it was like The Talking Heads finally hitting it big with Burning Down the House. Yeah, I have to find a way and if it costs money, I have to hide it from the wife. I already spent too much on Valentine's Day.

stevieray
Outshined is cool, it is my favorite tune while playing the old Road Rash games on my PS.

well I'm lookin Kalifornia, but feeling Minnesota.

tk13
Bought "Marvin Gaye - Gold" a few days ago, been listening to that a lot. Motown baby... :)

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:04 AM
For those who might be interested, I heard on the radio today that Green Day is coming to town in May. I'm not a huge fan, but I've never seen them, so I'm thinking I might check it out.

KCWolfman
Arcade Fire is excellent, I actually thanked a friend the other day for introducing me to them...

If you have some time I would give this song a listen I think you would dig it. http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=6
Zach, My Morning Jacket?!!?!?! Very cool.

I keep asking headsnap about them as they are indigenious to Louisville, but I never get a reply.

|Zach|

I loaded up the wrong one.

http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=41

beavis
Good News is cool in a pop way. Like I mentioned before, it was like The Talking Heads finally hitting it big with Burning Down the House. Yeah, I have to find a way and if it costs money, I have to hide it from the wife. I already spent too much on Valentine's Day.
Bah! If you spent too much on Valentine's Day, you have a reason to buy tickets!

stevieray
Bought "Marvin Gaye - Gold" a few days ago, been listening to that a lot. Motown baby... :)

I was listening to the Temptations yesterday.

Phobia
Thorn in my Pride at the moment. I'm a large Crowes fan.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Stevie and his wife went with us to Big Head Todd and the Monsters last week. Todd played "Let's Get it On" like it was his own tune. Very nice.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Zach, My Morning Jacket?!!?!?! Very cool.

I keep asking headsnap about them as they are indigenious to Louisville, but I never get a reply.
That song is reeeally cool. I said on my site that I have never heard a song that sounded more like it was from another era (70's) I was less then thrilled with their album as a whole but its growing on me. Sometimes that happens.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2005, 12:06 AM
.... I already spent too much on Valentine's Day.

You're safe. That's not possible in the minds of most women.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:07 AM

I love Postal Service...PS really came out of nowhere to be a big thing to me. Some songs are def better than others. I like the Killers and am suprised at their national attentione these days.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:08 AM
well I'm lookin Kalifornia, but feeling Minnesota.
Rusty Cage is cool on that CD, too. Very "Born to Run"esque

Phobia
02-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Stevie and his wife went with us to Big Head Todd and the Monsters last week. Todd played "Let's Get it On" like it was his own tune. Very nice.

Dude - holler next time they come through. I like them.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:09 AM

If you're a Soundgarden fan, check out Louder than Love. It's one of their earlier albums and it really kicks ass.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:09 AM
That song is reeeally cool. I said on my site that I have never heard a song that sounded more like it was from another era (70's) I was less then thrilled with their album as a whole but its growing on me. Sometimes that happens.
I thought Golden was very cool, but could never find the CD. I guess I can get it from their website.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:10 AM
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/tgonsoulin5190/images/holla.gif

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Phil - Definitely. I want to take the annual cruise with them sometime, but at 1500.00 a pop, I need to become wealthy first. 5 days on the second largest tallship in the world in the Carribean during February. No more than 98 passengers and a guaranteed concert every night.

|Zach|
I thought Golden was very cool, but could never find the CD. I guess I can get it from their website.
I have this problem with associating new music with their albums. Since a good deal of things on Itunes I either get a few songs here or there or if i do get a whole album i dont pay attention to the name of it.

|Zach|
I still want to try and go a day and post in only Steely Dan lyrics on CP.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:12 AM
I still want to try and go a day and post in only Steely Dan lyrics on CP.
If so, I will do the same with Springsteen.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Phil - Definitely. I want to take the annual cruise with them sometime, but at 1500.00 a pop, I need to become wealthy first. 5 days on the second largest tallship in the world in the Carribean during February. No more than 98 passengers and a guaranteed concert every night.

Sounds like fun. They come through KC often? I remember you talking about seeing them live in the past. IIRC, you were impressed with their live show.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:13 AM
If so, I will do the same with Springsteen.
No, I think you get 4 Non Blondes.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:15 AM
How about a thread on One Hit Wonders that you wished went further?

The Toadies were fantastic, the single was perfect and Rubberneck was one of the best modern albums I have ever listened to in my life

Make up your mind
Decide to walk with me
Around the lake tonight
Around the lake tonight
By my side
By my side
I'm not gonna lie
I'll not be a gentleman
Behind the boathouse
I'll show you my dark secret

I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
My blushing bride
My lover, be my lover, yeah...

Don't be afraid
I didn't mean to scare you
So help me, Jesus

I can promise you
You'll stay as beautiful
With dark hair
And soft skin...forever
Forever

Make up your mind
Make up your mind
And I'll promise you
I will treat you well
My sweet angel
So help me, Jesus

(hey, hey, hey)

Give it up to me
Give it up to me
Do you wanna be
My angel?
So help me!

Be my angel
Be my angel
Do you wanna die?
I promise you
I will treat you well
My sweet angel
So help me, Jesus

Jesus
Jesus
Jesus...

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Big Head Todd = awesome.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2005, 12:16 AM

Can I have the Ramones?

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:17 AM

[/b]
One hit wonder you wish went further...now thats a good idea. That would make a good thread.

The first group the comes to mind is "The New Radicals"

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Can I have the Ramones?
You can be Boy George.

I'll tumble for ya.

ChiTown
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
The sweet sounds of my wife nagging in my ear :banghead:

beavis

The Toadies were fantastic, the single was perfect and Rubberneck was one of the best modern albums I have ever listened to in my life

Make up your mind
Decide to walk with me
Around the lake tonight
Around the lake tonight
By my side
By my side
I'm not gonna lie
I'll not be a gentleman
Behind the boathouse
I'll show you my dark secret

I'm not gonna lie
I want you for mine
My blushing bride
My lover, be my lover, yeah...

Don't be afraid
I didn't mean to scare you
So help me, Jesus

I can promise you
You'll stay as beautiful
With dark hair
And soft skin...forever
Forever

Make up your mind
Make up your mind
And I'll promise you
I will treat you well
My sweet angel
So help me, Jesus

(hey, hey, hey)

Give it up to me
Give it up to me
Do you wanna be
My angel?
So help me!

Be my angel
Be my angel
Do you wanna die?
I promise you
I will treat you well
My sweet angel
So help me, Jesus

Jesus
Jesus
Jesus...

If I were making a list, that'd be in my top 5 songs of the 90's.

KCWolfman
Sounds like fun. They come through KC often? I remember you talking about seeing them live in the past. IIRC, you were impressed with their live show.
Phil - Third time to see them. Each time I have gotten to meet them before the show.

Yes, Todd Mohr is unbelievable. Rob and Brian are no better than average, but they meld to what Todd wants. I honestly believe that he could be in any modern band today and be a star with no problem. He works the guitar like Hendrix, it is an extension, not an instrument. I have seen nearly 200 concerts and he is definitely one of the top 3-5 guitarists I have ever seen.

|Zach|
The sweet sounds of my wife nagging in my ear :banghead:
I tried out the first album...never liked it...

ROFL

CanadaKC
02-16-2005, 12:19 AM
The Essential Bruce Springsteen
Iron Maiden -- The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind
Nirvana -- Smells Like Teen Spirit
REM -- Green and Murmer
Pearl Jam -- Vs.
Moby -- Play and 18
Queensryche -- Operation Mindcrime

Phobia
Puddle of Mudd now. Kicks ass.

Zach - what did you post for me to listen to earlier? Is it worth breaking out of my playlist to check out?

|Zach|
If I were making a list, that'd be in my top 5 songs of the 90's.
Top 5 songs of the 90's...this is going dominate all of my thinking now.

Thanks.

Eleazar
(possum kingdom)

hah. The car I drove when I was 16-17 didn't have working speakers on one side, and when that song was on the radio I couldn't hear the electric part, just the vocal and this sweeping flange sound. It still sounds wierd to me to hear the regular version.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:20 AM
The first group the comes to mind is "The New Radicals"
No joke. Talk about a group with potential.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Gah, How many times could I say Heyaaayy aayyy aayy What's goin' on?

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
You can be Boy George.

I'll tumble for ya.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

I’LL TUMBLE 4 YA

Downtown we’ll drown
We’re in our never splender
Flowers
Showers
Who’s got the new boy gender

I’ll be your baby
I’ll be your score
I’ll run the gun for you
And so much more

Chorus:
I’ll tumble 4 ya
I’ll tumble 4 ya
I’ll tumble 4 ya
I’ll tumble 4 you

(chorus)

Uptown their sound
Is like the native
You send her
Junction
Function
The boy with pop is slender

Did he say maybe
Or i’mnot sure
He’ll be a boy for you
But you need more

(chorus x2)

I get a crazy feeling
That chases in my head
It’s nothing that you do to me
It’s nothing that you said
It’s love in stereo
And when I can’t let go I say

I’ll be your baby
I’ll be your score
I’ll run the gun for you
And so much more

(chorus)

Downtown we’ll drown
We’re in our never splender
Flowers
Showers
Who’s got the new boy gender

I’ll be your baby
I’ll be your score
I’ll run the gun for you
And so much more

I’ll tumble 4 ya
I’ll tumble 4 ya
I’ll tumble 4 ya

beavis
Top 5 songs of the 90's...this is going dominate all of my thinking now.

Thanks.
Good luck. It changes for me everytime I think about it.

Here's another good one that will drive you crazy. If you were going to be marooned on a desert island, and could only choose 5 cds to take with you, which would they be?

|Zach|
Puddle of Mudd now. Kicks ass.

Zach - what did you post for me to listen to earlier? Is it worth breaking out of my playlist to check out?
I think so, it is a group called Spoon...a cool little song called "thats the way we get by"

it starts out kind of slow but I get a kick out of the words

Phobia
REM -- Green and Murmer
Pearl Jam -- Vs.
Moby -- Play and 18

Looks like my playlist 10 years ago - minus the REM part. Cool.

|Zach|
No joke. Talk about a group with potential.
Their only album was awesome.

Eleazar
02-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Their only album was awesome.

Yeah, that's a good record you homos.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Same here. Had Antics in my car for a while but got hooked on that CD during a recent road trip. Is their 1st CD as good?

teedubya
02-16-2005, 12:23 AM

my wife and I saw The Black Crowes and Oasis in Chicago during our Honeymoon. Good times.

http://www.posterplanet.com/arminski/ma-Images/oasis.jpg

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:23 AM
REM -- Green and Murmer
Pearl Jam -- Vs.
Moby -- Play and 18
Tried Moby, I never caught on.

Have you listened to R.E.M.s Around the Sun? I think they are obviously past their prime at catching a young audience but this release is actually one of their better albums all around.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:24 AM
That Toadies song reminds me of 7 Mary 3

|Zach|

Here's another good one that will drive you crazy. If you were going to be marooned on a desert island, and could only choose 5 cds to take with you, which would they be?
Peter Gabriel - US
Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Volume III
Deftones - Give Up
Guster - Their Latest...cant remember the name
Iron and Wine - Cant rem the damn name

Honorable Mention: Al Green, Otis Redding, Smashing Pumpkins, Beatles, Karate, Eric Clapton, Ben Folds Five

KCWolfman
Phil - You know that Robinson has gotten the group back together? Under a different name from what I understand but all original at least.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Same here. Had Antics in my car for a while but got hooked on that CD during a recent road trip. Is their 1st CD as good?
Better by far. But that may just because I listened to it first. I have a tendancy to do that.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Big Head Todd = awesome.

Nice taste. I love blues rock and they are a hell of an underrated band.

Miles
Better by far. But that may just because I listened to it first. I have a tendancy to do that.

Cool, It will be the next CD i pick up :thumb:

KCWolfman
That Toadies song reminds me of 7 Mary 3
The vocals are the same range, but a totally different style of music. Not that there is anything wrong with the C.H.I.P.s group. I have two of their CDs as well.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Phil - You know that Robinson has gotten the group back together? Under a different name from what I understand but all original at least.

Nah - I don't follow music. I just listen to it. I'm a very casual fan. Sounds cool though. I'm sure I'll recognize them if I hear 'em.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Nice taste. I love blues rock and they are a hell of an underrated band.

Since you've spent time in Austin, you're probably a fan of Ian Moore?

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Nah - I don't follow music. I just listen to it. I'm a very casual fan. Sounds cool though. I'm sure I'll recognize them if I hear 'em.
Ya Russ, he likes bowling. Quit wasting his time with this dumbass music stuff.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:29 AM
I pretty much rotate Tool, Radiohead and Pink Floyd CD's around. Though lately i have been listening to some of The Cure and Fraz Ferdinand.

KCWolfman
Ya Russ, he likes bowling. Quit wasting his time with this dumbass music stuff.
I have seen him bowl, he should stick with listening to music.

Phobia
I think so, it is a group called Spoon...a cool little song called "thats the way we get by"

it starts out kind of slow but I get a kick out of the words

Meh - didn't care for it, man. Started out too bubble gum and the words were "that's the way we get by". I didn't really hear any other words, unfortunately.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:30 AM
I pretty much rotate Tool, Radiohead and Pink Floyd CD's around. Though lately i have been listening to some of The Cure and Fraz Ferdinand.
Get the Garden State Soundtrack if you like Ferdinand. There is a couple of tunes on there with the name along with some other great music.

beavis
Tried Moby, I never caught on.
I think Play is great. Very talented guy.

|Zach|
I just finished designing Lunar Bowl's site. These two dorks used to run it they are to web sites what kcnut is to writing. With all due respect to kcnut I love the guy.

www.lunarbowl.com It is a little plain there are more things I want to do but its a start.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Nice taste. I love blues rock and they are a hell of an underrated band.My taste in music is pretty eclectic. I like stuff from just about every genre, although certain genres I only like during specific time periods.

I don't that much about BHT other than their one mainstream album, but it was just one of those albums you could put in at anytime and not worry about sitting through the crap to get to the goods. I give props to any band that can make an album that has more good than bad...it's a rare thing.

Phobia

You may have heard about my bowling, but I don't think you've seen it.

|Zach|
Meh - didn't care for it, man. Started out too bubble gum and the words were "that's the way we get by". I didn't really hear any other words, unfortunately.
That can make it tough

ChiTown
I picked up a new 8-Track the other day - REO Speedwagon's - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish. It's awesome........................;)

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Led Zepplin IV
Pink Floyd - The Wall
REM - Murmur
U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky
Collective Soul - Self Titled

Miles
Since you've spent time in Austin, you're probably a fan of Ian Moore?

I dont know his stuff that well but i did see him once a crafish festivle at Tech. The overall experience of being in Lubbock kind of ruined it...not to mention Everlast was the headliner.

One of my friends said i should check out his CD's but for some reason i never got around to it.

jspchief
The vocals are the same range, but a totally different style of music. Not that there is anything wrong with the C.H.I.P.s group. I have two of their CDs as well.

Yea, didn't really mean it reminded me of them musically...just that it made me think of them.

beavis
I listened to Tool a lot in high school. But I haven't been as big on them since Aenema.

Radiohead owns. I saw a concert of theirs on Showtime the other night. Saw the live in St. Louis a while back. They are tough to catch around these parts.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
You may have heard about my bowling, but I don't think you've seen it.
It was a joke, Gracie.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Get the Garden State Soundtrack if you like Ferdinand. There is a couple of tunes on there with the name along with some other great music.

I liked most of the music in the movie so i will definitly check it out.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
I picked up a new 8-Track the other day - REO Speedwagon's - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish. It's awesome........................;)
The newest 78s are out, Eddie Cantor has really cut a rug on his latest.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Another band I always listened to, but didn't appreciate until their popularity had passed is Better than Ezra. Their cds get a lot of time from me now.

|Zach|
Radiohead owns. I saw a concert of theirs on Showtime the other night. Saw the live in St. Louis a while back. They are tough to catch around these parts.
There is a guy named "Christopher O'Reilly" he is a very good concert classical type pianist. He did a whole album of Radiohead songs on the piano. Its very cool.

Mr. Kotter
It was a joke, Gracie.

Gracie? :hmmm:

That fugger told me his name was Phil! :cuss:

ChiTown
02-16-2005, 12:36 AM
The newest 78s are out, Eddie Cantor has really cut a rug on his latest.

Can you send me some of his music sheets via Western Union? tks

|Zach|
Another band I always listened to, but didn't appreciate until their popularity had passed is Better than Ezra. Their cds get a lot of time from me now.
KCW and I always end up talking BZE. Their "closure" album is pretty special. Mostly for sentimental reasons but also bc its just kick ass.

Phobia
I dont know his stuff that well but i did see him once a crafish festivle at Tech. The overall experience of being in Lubbock kind of ruined it...not to mention Everlast was the headliner.

One of my friends said i should check out his CD's but for some reason i never got around to it.

His self titled first CD was incredible. How does it feel and Revelation are very cool tracks, but I listen to the entire thing often.

I don't own his other CDs.

beavis
There is a guy named "Christopher O'Reilly" he is a very good concert classical type pianist. He did a whole album of Radiohead songs on the piano. Its very cool.
If anyone's music would translate well to that, I could see it being theirs.

Well, except for Kid A or Amnesiac.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:37 AM
I listened to Tool a lot in high school. But I haven't been as big on them since Aenema.

Yeah i still pissed at myself for missing radiohead on their last tour. About a year ago or so they came to two cities near me but i didnt get around to seeing em. I should have gone to see em at the Woodlands.

KCWolfman
Loved 'em. The whole CD with Good (can't remember the name) has great tune after great tune.

beavis
KCW and I always end up talking BZE. Their "closure" album is pretty special. Mostly for sentimental reasons but also bc its just kick ass.
I only have Deluxe and Friction, Baby. I'll have to download that one.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:38 AM
If anyone's music would translate well to that, I could see it being theirs.

Well, except for Kid A or Amnesiac.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009MGQ4/qid=1108535892/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-6454247-3925657

|Zach|
I only have Deluxe and Friction, Baby. I'll have to download that one.
I put down a type. It is actually "Closer"

KCWolfman
Can you send me some of his music sheets via Western Union? tks
The Pony Express is down, but I have this Joplin kid I will send up to play a few of the newer tunes for you. I have to warn you though, he is colored.

But on the bright side, Skip used to babysit him and he vouches for him.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah i still pissed at myself for missing radiohead on their last tour. About a year ago or so they came to two cities near me but i didnt get around to seeing em. I should have gone to see em at the Woodlands.
Awesome show. If for no other reason than just being able to see them live. I figured they'd play mostly new stuff, but the played almost everything I could think of off The Bends and OK Computer. Even "Just", which I thought was really cool.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Nzoner is still stuck in the 70's-80's,these last few days has been alot of

The Beat Farmers
The Rainmakers
Nazareth
Queen

and of course some old school ZZ Top

alanm
No, Their still the Black Crowes.

beavis
Loved 'em. The whole CD with Good (can't remember the name) has great tune after great tune.
Yeah, that's Deluxe. They played a concert down in Westport a year or so ago. I'm still kicking myself for missing that.

Phobia
It was a joke, Gracie.

Oh - I thought maybe you got me confused with somebody else. I know you've done some ChiefsPlanet bowling events....

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:41 AM
His self titled first CD was incredible. How does it feel and Revelation are very cool tracks, but I listen to the entire thing often.

I don't own his other CDs.

Ill add another CD to my list then.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 12:42 AM
This thread moved along fast.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Awesome show. If for no other reason than just being able to see them live. I figured they'd play mostly new stuff, but the played almost everything I could think of off The Bends and OK Computer. Even "Just", which I thought was really cool.

Did they play "true love awaits" at that show. Its one of my favorite Radiohead songs but it not one that i could see em playing that often.

jspchief
I don'tt think I've ever actually heard any Radiohead....

Any suggestions on what to check out of theirs?

KCWolfman
Nzoner is still stuck in the 70's-80's,these last few days has been alot of

The Beat Farmers
The Rainmakers
Nazareth
Queen

and of course some old school ZZ Top
The Rainmakers are really cool. I didn't catch on to them until I moved to the area. But honestly, Bob Walkenhorst is horrible by himself, give up the angry young man persona, Bob, you are over 50 and it doesn't work.

The same goes for Mark Knopfler. What a freaking genius. I loved everything by Dire Straits that I could grab, but his latest whiny assed solo effort is nothing but garbage.

ChiTown
02-16-2005, 12:44 AM
The Pony Express is down, but I have this Joplin kid I will send up to play a few of the newer tunes for you. I have to warn you though, he is colored.

But on the bright side, Skip used to babysit him and he vouches for him.

ROFL

Poor skippy, lmao

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:45 AM

They take some geting used to I suggest checking out "the bends" and go from there. Great band but you rarely hear em on the radio.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 12:46 AM
The Rainmakers are really cool. I didn't catch on to them until I moved to the area. But honestly, Bob Walkenhorst is horrible by himself, give up the angry young man persona, Bob, you are over 50 and it doesn't work.

I thought he was pretty good the 3x I saw him with Nzoner. He's over 50? I've have guessed early 40's.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Did they play "true love awaits" at that show. Its one of my favorite Radiohead songs but it not one that i could see em playing that often.
Not that I recall, but it's been a while.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:48 AM

The Bends was their first largely successful album. I've always said front to back, it's one of the best cds ever produced.

OK Computer is the one that got them critical acclaim. I could see where listening to it first could throw you off though.

I know you would have heard some of their stuff on the radio though. Paranoid Android or Karma Police were played a lot when it came out. Although about the only thing of theirs you will ever hear now is Creep, which they won't even play in concert anymore.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I thought he was pretty good the 3x I saw him with Nzoner. He's over 50? I've have guessed early 40's.
Nope, he started after he was out of college in the early 80s. And maybe I was just too critical. I saw him twice. The first time he was actually alright. But the second time all he did was whine about every authority figure he could think of. He reminded me of the drugged out Father in Law on Dharma and Greg.

beavis
02-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Speaking of Green Day, they are on tv right now.

alanm
02-16-2005, 12:50 AM
The last few CD's I picked up were
Green Day - American Idiot :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Collective Soul - Youth
The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives
Kenny Wayne Shepard - The Place Your In
Eric Clapton - Sessions for Robert G.
U2 - How to dismantle a Atomic Bomb

Green Days American Idiot blew me away. Without a doubt a must buy!!!

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:52 AM
The Bends was their first largely successful album. I've always said front to back, it's one of the best cds ever produced.

OK Computer is the one that got them critical acclaim. I could see where listening to it first could throw you off though.

I know you would have heard some of their stuff on the radio though. Paranoid Android or Karma Police were played a lot when it came out. Although about the only thing of theirs you will ever hear now is Creep, which they won't even play in concert anymore.
Hmm....initial impression from the short clips on the net, not really my style. I'll have to download some full songs to give them a chance.

Miles
02-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Hmm....initial impression from the short clips on the net, not really my style. I'll have to download some full songs to give them a chance.

It took me a while to get into them. It pretty much took me listening to to a few of their CD's several times till i started to appreciate it. Its some dark and complex music so if thats not your thing you may not like em much.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 12:59 AM
It took me a while to get into them. It pretty much took me listening to to a few of their CD's several times till i started to appreciate it. Its some dark and complex music so if thats not your thing you may not like em much.

Yup. Dark really isn't my thing. It reminded me a bit of Coldplay (keep in mind I only heard small bits of Radiohead).

teedubya
02-16-2005, 01:00 AM
RadioHead's Pablo Honey was a good one... a lot of their newer crap is crap. Thom went off the deep end awhile ago.

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:05 AM
RadioHead's Pablo Honey was a good one... a lot of their newer crap is crap. Thom went off the deep end awhile ago.

Got to disagree but its music so its really subjective. I think Pablo Honey is easily their wost album. They have gotten a bit to experamental lately but i still really dig it.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
No, Their still the Black Crowes.
They decided to keep it? Good, the sales will be better for it.

I think Beth and I are going to Tennessee this year to the Bonnarro to check them out with Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Modest Mouse, Allison Krause, The Mars Volta, Particle, The String Cheese Incident, Joss Stone (has anyone heard her rendition of Cry Baby from the Grammys?) and Toots and the Maytals.

Free tix for the show and I will get to see all them, plus a few dozen more bands that I have never heard of.

teedubya
02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Pablo Honey is the one with "Creep" on it, right? I hate their experimental crap.

btw... the Black Crowes website is real cool...

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
OH SHIT - NZONER YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mysteryroad/

It's Ellen - the supergroupy from the Walkenhorst show. ROFL

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:08 AM

Their biography at the website is a decent read.Here's the link with the first paragraph if you're interested.

Missouri has long boasted of being the home of two of America's greatest artists, Mark Twain and Chuck Berry. However, it wasn't until The Rainmakers thundered into the national music spotlight in 1986, had anyone combined the guitar power of Berry with the social wit of Twain into a unique brand of Missouri rock n' roll. (http://rainmakers.com/faqs.html)

As for Bob,been down to see him in KC 6 times or so now and have always enjoyed the show.One night Pat sat in on drums,that was a good time.

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Yup. Dark really isn't my thing. It reminded me a bit of Coldplay (keep in mind I only heard small bits of Radiohead).

Yeah they tend to get a lot of comparisons between those two bands. Id suggest checking out Karma Police, Black Star,and Street Spirit (Fade Out). Give em a few chances and it you dont like those you probably wont like the rest of their stuff.

Nzoner
OH SHIT - NZONER YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mysteryroad/

It's Ellen - the supergroupy from the Walkenhorst show. ROFL

ROFL

How in the hell.............

alanm
They decided to keep it? Good, the sales will be better for it.

I think Beth and I are going to Tennessee this year to the Bonnarro to check them out with Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Modest Mouse, Allison Krause, The Mars Volta, Particle, The String Cheese Incident, Joss Stone (has anyone heard her rendition of Cry Baby from the Grammys?) and Toots and the Maytals.

Free tix for the show and I will get to see all them, plus a few dozen more bands that I have never heard of.
I saw a little story on the Rolling Stones site this past week where they were doing a few shows down in Florida and they all sold out within a few hrs. But I got the impression that Chris and Rich Robinson were the only ones from the original band. The others were new players.

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Pablo Honey is the one with "Creep" on it, right? I hate their experimental crap.

Yeah thats the album. The Bends wasnt really experimental either but they kind of progressed that way from there.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:11 AM
I have been getting more into Nick Drake's collection. I am coming to the conclusion that the guy can do no wrong.

Iron and Wine is becoming one of my favorite artists. There seems to be an influx of folk rock that sounds really good.

There is a group called Karate that fuses jazz, blues, and emo into an amazing sound thats pretty good.

Mos Def
Yo La Tengo
Air
Athlete
Snow Patrol
Painting Red Houses
N.E.R.D.
Steely Dan
Kronos Quartet
Josh Rouse

I've been listening to Nick Drake for the last year. He's definitely one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Great stuff he puts out.

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:12 AM
anyone have the garden state soundtrack? Lots of good stuff on there. Damian rice was on austin city limits and i never saw him do a live show until that, he is alittle slow but really good. String cheese incident, guster are also in the player. I want to pick up that Ray charles genious loves company

David.

heh, I listen to them while doing homework. I donno, the beats help me concentrate I guess

David.
anyone have the garden state soundtrack? Lots of good stuff on there. Damian rice was on austin city limits and i never saw him do a live show until that, he is alittle slow but really good. String cheese incident, guster are also in the player. I want to pick up that Ray charles genious loves company

I know The Shins are on it. One of my favorite bands.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:13 AM
ROFL

How in the hell.............

The link to her blog was the first thing I saw on the Rainmakers BB. If you thought she was a trip as a groupy, you should read her blog stuff. OMG.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:13 AM

oh man...my tastes and your's are getting too close. I hope I don't start listening to Dave Mathews

jeesh :)

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:14 AM

Not to change the subject but have you been down to the new comedy club yet?

|Zach|
The link to her blog was the first thing I saw on the Rainmakers BB. If you thought she was a trip as a groupy, you should read her blog stuff. OMG.
I know people say my website is dorky but wow.

Demonpenz
The Flaming Lips followed by The Shins
March 19
Austin City Limits explores the world of indie-rock with performances by two innovative bands: The Flaming Lips followed by The The ShinsShins. The unique emotional, artsy, acid rock of The Flaming Lips has brought this Oklahoma-based band pop culture icon status. Since the late ‘90s, The Shins have been building a following with their clever, cryptic pop songs.

KCWolfman
Their biography at the website is a decent read.Here's the link with the first paragraph if you're interested.

Missouri has long boasted of being the home of two of America's greatest artists, Mark Twain and Chuck Berry. However, it wasn't until The Rainmakers thundered into the national music spotlight in 1986, had anyone combined the guitar power of Berry with the social wit of Twain into a unique brand of Missouri rock n' roll. (http://rainmakers.com/faqs.html)

As for Bob,been down to see him in KC 6 times or so now and have always enjoyed the show.One night Pat sat in on drums,that was a good time.
Joe, Like I said, maybe I caught him on a bad night, but he just raged and raged more than he played.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:15 AM
I love Postal Service...PS really came out of nowhere to be a big thing to me. Some songs are def better than others. I like the Killers and am suprised at their national attentione these days.

I never got into PS as much as I did Death Cab for Cutie. Not sure why, the music by PS was too electronic for me I think.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:16 AM
I know people say my website is dorky but wow.

You're gonna have to come down to Milloy Bro's with us some Wednesday night - she's ALWAYS there and she's a complete nut. Nastiest thing you've ever laid eyes on but you can't take your eyes off.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:16 AM
oh man...my tastes and your's are getting too close. I hope I don't start listening to Dave Mathews

jeesh :)
Also at Bonnaroo this year along with two shows by Widespread Panic.

I can't wait.

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Not to change the subject but have you been down to the new comedy club yet?

which one?

teedubya
02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
I like a lot of British Bands... Radiohead just doesnt do much for me.

A lot of European Bands out there have a great rock sound, right now... The Charlatans, Soundtrack of Our Lives, The Hives, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Darkness, Oasis, The Libertines... IMO much better music coming from overseas than being released in US... Rock Musically speaking...

Miles
The Flaming Lips followed by The Shins
March 19
Austin City Limits explores the world of indie-rock with performances by two innovative bands: The Flaming Lips followed by The The ShinsShins. The unique emotional, artsy, acid rock of The Flaming Lips has brought this Oklahoma-based band pop culture icon status. Since the late ‘90s, The Shins have been building a following with their clever, cryptic pop songs.

Nice i need to record that. I have been listening to a lot of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots lately. Damn good CD.

alanm
I'm wondering if the String Cheese Incident are from Denver? It seems like whenever I get something from Ticket Master or email from the various venues in Denver they are always playing somewhere there. Just seems like they are in Denver every other week or so. :hmmm:

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Im enjoying some Floyd right now. Comfortably Numb will always be one of my favorites.

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm wondering if the String Cheese Incident are from Denver? It seems like whenever I get something from Ticket Master or email from the various venues in Denver they are always playing somewhere in Denver. Just seems like they are in Denver every other week or so. :hmmm:

They are deeply involved with denver, my sister lives there and goes to all the shows. She is doing "PR" stuff with them too.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Im enjoying some Floyd right now. Comfortably Numb will always be one of my favorites.
Heard the Scissor Sisters version?

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Heard the Scissor Sisters version?

Nope...Any good? My favorite thing about the floyd one is Gilmours solo so its hard to replace.

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Nope...Any good?

nope just hoping you download it and kill yourself to stop the noise

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm wondering if the String Cheese Incident are from Denver? It seems like whenever I get something from Ticket Master or email from the various venues in Denver they are always playing somewhere in Denver. Just seems like they are in Denver every other week or so. :hmmm:
Also at Bonnaroo this year.....

Wooo hooo. I just checked the website and the tix we have are approximately 1,000 for the pair. Including a service charge from Ticketmaster that is right around 72,338.22.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:23 AM
okay I guess I'll contribute some bands I've been listening to

Refused - I honestly love thier stuff, I can't get enough of it.

A Silver Mt. Zion/Thee Silver mt..whatever(they change their name constantly) - great, great, great stuff. It's more instrumentally driven then anything else I listen to.

Bright Eyes- For my emo times, and it's good to sleep to.

Circle Takes the Square - pure, grindcore. It's so hard. Voices are kind of annoying at first, but you get used to it.

Deathcab for Cutie - Ben Gibbard probably has the best voice in indie right now.

Nick Drake - Great. The guy just makes amazing music.

Owen - Mike Kinsella is god.

Pedro the Lion - Go Download/Buy this. You'll thank me.

Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - more grindcore, funny name

Yaphet Kotto- more grindcore

KCWolfman
Nope...Any good? My favorite thing about the floyd one is Gilmours solo so its hard to replace.
Imagine Abba meets Roger Watters. Very different.

jspchief

Saw Floyd in concert maybe 8 years ago...it was a trip (literally).

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:25 AM
the refused are ****ing dead

i used to listen to them when I was a metal punk mosh pit rat. I didn't think they were still around. The lead guy just screams, but once you get past his screaming it is decent.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:25 AM
which one?

It's called The Cobblestone Comedy Club downtown,every Thursday night starting at 8p.m.Professional acts that have been on comedy central etc.We went a couple of weeks ago and it was good.

I did an ad for them in return for some passes,we're going again this Thursday if you got a buddy and want to join us I'll get you in,just bring some drinking money.

alanm
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I like a lot of British Bands... Radiohead just doesnt do much for me.

A lot of European Bands out there have a great rock sound, right now... The Charlatans, Soundtrack of Our Lives, The Hives, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Darkness, Oasis, The Libertines... IMO much better music coming from overseas than being released in US... Rock Musically speaking...
That ain't no shit. Australia too for that matter. American kids seem to want to be black for some reason. Pants down low and underware pulled up high with no incentive to learn how to play a instrument. It's just sad. :shake:

David.
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM

i used to listen to them when I was a metal punk mosh pit rat. I didn't think they were still around. The lead guy just screams, but once you get past his screaming it is decent.

oh man, they're so good. they are in my iPod rotation.

As for the screaming, alot of that stuff is what I'm into.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:28 AM
You're gonna have to come down to Milloy Bro's with us some Wednesday night - she's ALWAYS there and she's a complete nut. Nastiest thing you've ever laid eyes on but you can't take your eyes off.

Yeah,we're due for a little CP get together,we should do that soon.

As for those blogs,they're...well...spiritual in a way :D

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:28 AM
It's called The Cobblestone Comedy Club downtown,every Thursday night starting at 8p.m.Professional acts that have been on comedy central etc.We went a couple of weeks ago and it was good.

I did an ad for them in return for some passes,we're going again this Thursday if you got a buddy and want to join us I'll get you in,just bring some drinking money.

Oh sweet. I bowl on thursday nights or I would go. The place is really nice, i am glad to see some sort of comedy come to joetown. That is really cool though.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
The Shape of Punk to Come is probably in my top 5 albums

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
I am moving to lenexa in a couple weeks. My posts per day are going to go to shit, which is probably good.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I am moving to lenexa in a couple weeks. My posts per day are going to go to shit, which is probably good.

heh, haven't checked that in a while

17.68 posts per day

:banghead:

Demonpenz
I want ali chiefs to come up so we can get some jokes running. Maybe next year him and I can do a chiefsplanet.com comedy show

Miles
Saw Floyd in concert maybe 8 years ago...it was a trip (literally).

Im envious man. A floyd concert is always the show I wish i could had seen...even minus Waters.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:31 AM

I just saw an ad on tv for the 25th anniversary edition of The Wall,the only thing that looks different to me in this edition is the movie poster you get.

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Hey joe, are you getting any new clients from develpments north?

David.
02-16-2005, 01:32 AM
I've tried to get into Pink Floyd again recently, but other than Wish you were here. I can't get into it. I guess my tastes have changed so much recently. Or maybe I'm just burnt out on them.

alanm
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM

jeesh :)Nothing wrong with Dave Mathews. He's better live than on record though. Caught him a couple of times at Boulder Field. One show I was at was released as a CD and DVD. It was a good show. Could have done with out the thunderstorm though. But it was brief.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Im envious man. A floyd concert is always the show I wish i could had seen...even minus Waters.
I wish I clould tell you it was a life-altering event, but in all honesty I was way to f*cked up to have any opinion on it. Much like all the Dead shows I attended....

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Nothing wrong with Dave Mathews. He's better live than on record though. Caught him a couple of times at Boulder Field. One show I was at was released as a CD and DVD. It was a good show. Could have done with out the thunderstorm though. But it was brief.

the only thing wrong with matthews is his birkenstock sandle, old navy, 3 cell phones in hands at all time, fans

David.
the only thing wrong with matthews is his birkenstock sandle, old navy, 3 cell phones in hands at all time, fans

exactly.

NEVER admit to being a DM fan :D

Nzoner
Hey joe, are you getting any new clients from develpments north?

Not yet it's all corporate red tape etc.

I wish the hell I could find a decent sales rep to help out.

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I just saw an ad on tv for the 25th anniversary edition of The Wall,the only thing that looks different to me in this edition is the movie poster you get.

I wish they would release some of their concerts on DVD insted of the Wall movie several times over. Dont get me wrong the Wall is badass but its been out in a damn good form for a few years...i just want some more concert stuff even if its post Waters days.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:38 AM
I wish I clould tell you it was a life-altering event, but in all honesty I was way to ****ed up to have any opinion on it. Much like all the Dead shows I attended....

Yeah,I missed more than a few shows due to that,looking back I kind of wish I'd smoked a few less bowls.

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:38 AM
I wish they would release some of their concerts on DVD insted of the Wall movie several times over. Dont get me wrong the Wall is badass but its been out in a damn good form for a few years...i just want some more concert stuff even if its post Waters days.
I thought Animals was released? Maybe I am wrong.

I have an old DVD with UmmaGumma on it and some other ancient stuff. It was really dressed up digitally, but more video than concert footage.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Frou Frou
Zero 7

pretty much anything you list on your webpage

Thanks much BTW!:thumb:

Demonpenz
02-16-2005, 01:41 AM
alright i am off to race online peace out

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Frou Frou

Gay

Zero 7

Gay

pretty much anything you list on your webpage

Gay

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:43 AM
I thought Animals was released? Maybe I am wrong.

I have an old DVD with UmmaGumma on it and some other ancient stuff. It was really dressed up digitally, but more video than concert footage.

On R1 DVD all in know that has been released is Live at Pompeii, The wall, and a few documentary type discs. Is that ImmaGumma DVD maybe Live at Pompeii? They put a lot of digital effects into that one.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Gay

Gay

Gay
ROFL

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
ROFL

When you get sick of my smartass comments, holler. I'm not trying to be shitty about it - just moderately entertaining.

alanm
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I've related this before, But when they did the Wall in LA back in 1980 and me and a couple of friends found out about it one night listening to the radio. We immediatly got on the phone to a few radio stations in LA who in turn led us to some tickets. Drove all the way out from Omaha. Saw the show on acid and of course had a few oz's of smoke with us as well and naturally beered up in the parking lot before. In fact it was in Feb of 1980 if I recall correctly. Still one of the very best shows I have ever seen. :thumb: Man, I'm getting old. :deevee:

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Zero 7 is amazing.

David.
02-16-2005, 01:47 AM
just moderately entertaining.

that'd be nice

ROFL

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 01:48 AM
On R1 DVD all in know that has been released is Live at Pompeii, The wall, and a few documentary type discs. Is that ImmaGumma DVD maybe Live at Pompeii? They put a lot of digital effects into that one.
Yup, that's the one I have.

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:48 AM
I've related this before, But when they did the Wall in LA back in 1980 and me and a couple of friends found out about it one night listening to the radio. We immediatly got on the phone to a few radio stations in LA who in turn led us to some tickets. Drove all the way out from Omaha. Saw the show on acid and of course had a few oz's of smoke with us as well and naturally beered up in the parking lot before. In fact it was in Feb of 1980 if I recall correctly. Still one of the very best shows I have ever seen. :thumb: Man, I'm getting old. :deevee:

Great story,nonetheless,I'm still jealous,focker.

alanm
02-16-2005, 01:49 AM
I wish I clould tell you it was a life-altering event, but in all honesty I was way to f*cked up to have any opinion on it. Much like all the Dead shows I attended....
As f*cked up as I was that night I saw them in LA I can still recall it vividly. Me and my buddies I went with had a great time. Still have my ticket and my program. :thumb:

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 01:50 AM

I will never tire of The Wall,I can't recall how many times I've seen it.I also love The Wall:Live In Berlin.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 01:51 AM
When you get sick of my smartass comments, holler. I'm not trying to be shitty about it - just moderately entertaining.

nah its cool...if you can't laugh at yourself....besides I can sit around and make FAThead jokes about you :D

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Anda pachuco king señorita linda
mi coche echa lumbre, mi corazon cosas bonitas
soy el hombre de la noche soy la sombra de la vida
mi sangre es la comida que te hace estar dormida.
pero no me hagas caritas solo busco otra salida.
bailando y cantando es tu castigo por ser viva
soy el verdugo de tus sueños
no soy malo soy veneno
no me mires a los ojos
porque puede que no encuentres nada mas que tu reflejo

yo soy tu infierno x2

En el lenguaje del amor yo era el verbo en carne viva
yo era el dueño de estos bailes pero todo termino por:

Mr. P M.O.S.H x4

I (am going to) say i do look georgeos
How come you (don't) not like'em

1-2-3-4

Soy la luz de este momento
no respiro soy de fierro
no me busques yo te encuentro
no me toques o te quemo
ya no quiero ser asi yo quiero estar junto a ti
pero asi es mi destino soy el rey de este camino
solo veanme pasar no me imiten es mortal
no me busquen o si no su calavera va a llegar

lo queremos conoser es mi amor es mi querer
cada que vamos a fiestas de lejos se puede ver
es Mr. P M.O.S.H

Yeah talk to me baby
?

Ahora si todos conmigo vamos a bailar

Ráaascale mi Jason

Mm, so
Mr. P. M.O.S.H.

Miles
02-16-2005, 01:54 AM
I will never tire of The Wall,I can't recall how many times I've seen it.I also love The Wall:Live In Berlin.

Yeah same here. If you havent seen/bought them yet it definitly suggest checking out Roger Waters - Live In the Flesh DVD and David Gilmour Live in Concert. The guitar work on the Waters DVD by Snowy White and doyle bramhall II is damn good stuff.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
besides I can sit around and make FAThead jokes about you :D

Just don't let it get you aroused.

alanm
02-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Only times I've caught him is at Folsom Field. And about 80% were CU students. Can't speak for other venues. :hmmm:

Phobia
02-16-2005, 01:59 AM
that'd be nice

ROFL

Speaking of entertaining - your "I pierced my nipples" thread was a rousing success. When are you going to do something equally stupid and post about it?

David.
02-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Speaking of entertaining - your "I pierced my nipples" thread was a rousing success. When are you going to do something equally stupid and post about it?

oh hopefully sometime soon.

Honestly, what's funner than being a stupid teenager?

Boyceofsummer
02-16-2005, 02:04 AM

Does anybody listen to Jazz?

David.
02-16-2005, 02:05 AM
[/B]

a lot of the stuff I listen to has lots of jazz influences :shrug:

not much outright jazz though. I've always thought it was cool though.

Miles
02-16-2005, 02:07 AM
[/B]

I have tried but cant get into it at all. I used to think the same about classical, which i somewhat recently started to appreciate...so maybe ill start likeing Jazz one of these days.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 02:08 AM
" nipples" rousing success
ROFL

Nzoner
02-16-2005, 02:11 AM
[/B]

Although I have Queen's Jazz project it's not at the top of my Queen listening.

David.
02-16-2005, 02:13 AM
a lot of the stuff I listen to has lots of jazz influences :shrug:

not much outright jazz though. I've always thought it was cool though.

actually...heh, a band I'm pretty into right now is The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower.

They're a hardcore rock with HEAVY jazz influence. Good sound.

teedubya
02-16-2005, 02:15 AM
[/B]

nope, and I dont read her posts either.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 02:17 AM
oh hopefully sometime soon.

Honestly, what's funner than being a stupid teenager?

That's a great point. I was incredibly stupid. I'm sure there's some stories in the archives that make your nipple piercing look tame.

Boyceofsummer
02-16-2005, 02:37 AM
That's not Jazz. Jazz is an art form. The only true and original American art form. You guys are killin me.

Miles
02-16-2005, 02:37 AM
This thread just made me change up my avy to my favorite musician.

tk13
02-16-2005, 02:38 AM
That's a great point. I was incredibly stupid. I'm sure there's some stories in the archives that make your nipple piercing look tame.
Yeah, tell that story again where you went to that Frankie Goes to Hollywood concert and got 'I love Frankie" tattooed on your ass before the show. That was great.

:)

Miles
02-16-2005, 02:40 AM
That's not Jazz. Jazz is an art form. The only true and original American art form. You guys are killin me.

I respect the shit out of it but it just doesnt do anything for me. I have a pretty good Art Davis CD if it makes you feel any better.

Miles
02-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Kramerica industries doesnt approve of you using "The Kramer" in that likeness.

David.
02-16-2005, 02:44 AM

yeah..but it's pretty boring.

jazz influence is all your getting.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Yeah, tell that story again where you went to that Frankie Goes to Hollywood concert and got 'I love Frankie" tattooed on your ass before the show. That was great.

:)

I don't think that was me, but I'll steal a glimpse at my ass to confirm next time I drop my drawers.

tk13
02-16-2005, 02:56 AM
Kramerica industries doesnt approve of you using "The Kramer" in that likeness.
This is the United States of Kramerica, my first amendment rights give me freedom of avatar. That's in the Cosmotution, you can look it up.

Miles
02-16-2005, 03:00 AM
This is the United States of Kramerica, my first amendment rights give me freedom of avatar. That's in the Cosmotution, you can look it up.

As far as I can tell your entire enterprise is more than a solitary man with a messy apartment which may or may not contain a chicken.

tk13
02-16-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't think that was me, but I'll steal a glimpse at my ass to confirm next time I drop my drawers.
Relax. Don't do it.

Miles
02-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Kramerica industries lives! Let�s get back to work!

tk13
02-16-2005, 03:03 AM
As far as I can tell your entire enterprise is more than a solitary man with a messy apartment which may or may not contain a chicken.
ROFL I almost choked on a Dorito reading this post.... that line is even funnier in print than it was on the show. That was a great episode.

Miles
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
ROFL I almost choked on a Dorito reading this post.... that line is even funnier in print than it was on the show. That was a great episode.

Hello-o-o-o I got beamed with a giant ball of oil�

George: (doing the voice) I�m slippery as an eel�

Kramer: (doing the voice) La la la.

tk13
02-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Hello-o-o-o I got beamed with a giant ball of oil�

George: (doing the voice) I�m slippery as an eel�

Kramer: (doing the voice) La la la.
KRAMER: Sorry I couldn’t get out of there, what did I miss? (asking his "intern")

DARREN: Well, after ordering, Mr. Seinfeld and Mr. Costanza debated on whether or not iron man wore some sort under garment between his skin and his iron suit…

KRAMER: Uh huh…

GEORGE: (Interrupts) And I still say he’s naked under there!

JERRY: Oh that makes a lot of sense.

GEORGE: Oh, shut up!

Rausch
02-16-2005, 05:17 AM
Yeah same here. If you havent seen/bought them yet it definitly suggest checking out Roger Waters - Live In the Flesh DVD and David Gilmour Live in Concert. The guitar work on the Waters DVD by Snowy White and doyle bramhall II is damn good stuff.

Speaking of your avatar, is 80's solo album (can't remember the name, but he's dressed like Don Johnson) is HORRIBLE.

He only had one good solo album, and someone "liberated" it... :cuss:

ZepSinger
02-16-2005, 06:54 AM
My tastes are all over the map nowadays...

1. Heart Attack(metal) on Sirius
2. Bluegrass on Public Radio
3. Big Band on DTV
4. Cutting edge Christian metal/alternative on 1030 the Light AM(KC)
5. The New Age station on Iceberg Radio(Internet)

NewChief
02-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Lately:

My Morning Jacket: I just can't get enough of these guys. Every album is solid.

Iron and Wine: Some of their stuff I like, some I'm not crazy about. It's still worth listening to.

Bright Eyes: the first album I heard by Bright Eyes, I didn't like. After hearing a few more songs on our college radio station, I gave them another try. I'm glad I did.

Blue Mountain: they're not even together anymore, but I've been digging their stuff lately.

Rhonda Vincent: my wife and I have been searching for a new female bluegrass artist since we've run the gamut from Iris Dement to Gillian Welch to Emmylou. Rhonda Vincent is our new favorite.

Flaming Lips: Yes, it's old, but I still find myself putting Yoshimi into the changer again and again.

Sigur Ros: still digging on their stuff. Great ambient music.

The Gourds: I almost got in a fight with their banjo player at a show a long time ago. I refused to listen to them for quite a while after that. I finally relinquished my boycott, and I'm glad I did. Prolific and diverse.

The Clash: my friend gave me The Clash on Broadway boxed set as a birthday present last year. One of the CDs usually finds its way into my changer.

Steve Earle: Just an American Boy. I dig this live album.

The Jayhawks: they're definitely not new, but I've recently discovered them after being browbeaten into giving them a try. Good stuff.

NewChief
02-16-2005, 07:48 AM

Try out Building Something out of Nothing as well. It's probably my favorite of theirs, even though the critic's choice seems to be Moon and Antartica.

I've got quite a few Modest Mouse live shows on CD. They're definitely interesting live. They used to play around here at some really small venues. I think those days are over.

NewChief
02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm wondering if the String Cheese Incident are from Denver? It seems like whenever I get something from Ticket Master or email from the various venues in Denver they are always playing somewhere there. Just seems like they are in Denver every other week or so. :hmmm:

They're originally from Gunnison, CO.

I think.

NewChief
02-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh.

For those that like Modest Mouse, check out Isaac Brock's side project, Ugly Cassanova. Also very cool.

CosmicPal
02-16-2005, 08:54 AM
They're originally from Gunnison, CO.

I think.

They have a few guys from around the Gunnison area, and I think a couple from Boulder. Not much in the studio, but a great live band.

CosmicPal
02-16-2005, 09:04 AM
[/B]

Yes....Jazz is one of the purest forms of improvisational music. I love Jazz. And if any of you ever picked up Dark Magus or Bitches Brew by Miles Davis- you would too. These two albums are some of the most powerful, rockin', psychedelic sh@t you'll ever pin your ears on.

But, it doesn't stop there: check out some of the modern jazz artists ou there today, trust me- you won't be disappointed. Give them a whirl:

Charlie Hunter
John Scofield
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Galactic
Stanton Moore

to name just a few...

MOhillbilly
02-16-2005, 09:08 AM
country,hardcore, oi! samething as ever.

NewChief
02-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Jazz:

I'm not as big into it as I used to be, because I've gotten too much into lyrics as of late.

Some of my jazz albums I've listened to lately:

Lots of fusion:
MMW
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Robert Walter's 20th congress
Stanton Moore

Also:
Miles
Monk
Contrane
Sun Ra

Finally:
Jimmy Smith (RIP). Not sure he counts as jazz, but I'm not sure where else to put him.

beavis
02-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Your fly's open.

Alton deFlat
02-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Let's see......

Led Zeppelin
The Who
B.B. King
Mile Davis
Diana Krall (still can't believe she married Elvis Costello, I was sure she was saving herself for me) :deevee:

CosmicPal
02-16-2005, 09:33 AM
The stuff I'm currently listening to now:

Brian Wilson - Smile I'm hooked on this album- I like it even better than the Beach Boy's Pet Sounds. It's weird, childish, playful, and incredibly bright. An absolute masterpiece.

Railroad Earth - The Good Life These guys know how to make music- all three of their albums are critically acclaimed works of jamgrass, Americana art. They are building a strong following that will someday make these guys a household name. Excellent album.

Pink Floyd - Animals Always on my rotation. I don't think this CD has ever been put back into its case. I've been listening to this thing for year. I personally believe this is their most underrated album. I've met scores of Floyd fans who would agree.

Supertramp - Paris One of my favorite live albums of all time.

Grateful Dead - Europe 72 Another favorite live album of mine, and another CD that has yet to return to its case.

Mofro - Lochloosa These guys from Florida are playing some of the best damn southern back porch rock music today. Bluesy and rockin' with some music that makes you weave in and out of everglades and forests. I highly recommend this album, as do a lot of critics....

These are the five that are on my most recent regular rotation

phisherman
02-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Mofro is a lot of fun...I think they'll be playing at Wakarusa..

along with the other band that hasn't left my player in a long time, Wilco!!

A Ghost is Born and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot have both been in my car on repeat for months now.

also, it was announced today that String Cheese Incident will also be playing at Wakarusa....

if anyone doesn't know, wakarusa is a 4 day festival at Clinton Lake State Park in Lawrence...it's got a lot of good bands, and tickets right now are like $79 i think until the beginning of March.

chiefs planet meet up at wakarusa!

bp