PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring Sigs

jspchief
02-16-2005, 10:30 AM
How do you ignore sigs of individual users? I know I've heard it is possible.

Some of these mini-movie clip sigs really fug with my performance when I'm doing two things at once...

Saulbadguy
02-16-2005, 10:31 AM
The best way to do it since there is not an individual "ignore sig" option is to use Mozilla Firefox, install the "adblock" extension, and just click on the picture and click "adblock image".

If you are using IE, your a SOL.

Brock
02-16-2005, 10:32 AM
If you're using IE, can't you turn off animations?

chiefz
02-16-2005, 10:46 AM
How do you ignore sigs of individual users? I know I've heard it is possible.

Some of these mini-movie clip sigs really fug with my performance when I'm doing two things at once...

Not sure if you can do individual sigs or not but you can go here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/profile.php?do=editoptions

Post elements:
Select which user features you wish to appear in posts.

Unselect signatures and non will be viewed from your machine.

To tell you the truth I am surprised there is not some sort of size policy here at the planet for graphic sigs.

Particularly in KB size because I have seen some vid clips that were like 900K on here and that has to suck lot of monthly bandwidth for no good reasons.

Phobia
02-16-2005, 11:27 AM
To tell you the truth I am surprised there is not some sort of size policy here at the planet for graphic sigs.

Particularly in KB size because I have seen some vid clips that were like 900K on here and that has to suck lot of monthly bandwidth for no good reasons.

There is. It's kinda community triggered, though. If a user experiences a problem with a large sig, they alert a mod and it's resolved from there. If we mods notice a particularly large sig, we also resolve it.

There is no way to individually ignore sigs without ignoring the user or turning of all sigs. Quite frankly, I wish Kyle would install the hack in which a sig appears once for each user per thread.

Dartgod
02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I found a work around on this.

I use the full featured settings, but in the post elements area, I only selected Signatures. Avatars and Attachments are unchecked. Now I can view the text part of the sigs, but any images show up as clickable links. It works great. Well, except for Tommycat's sig because she has a link to an image thats using size 1,048,256 font so I ususally have to horzontal scroll on any thread she posts on.

jspchief
02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
I found a work around on this.

I use the full featured settings, but in the post elements area, I only selected Signatures. Avatars and Attachments are unchecked. Now I can view the text part of the sigs, but any images show up as clickable links. It works great. Well, except for Tommycat's sig because she has a link to an image thats using size 1,048,256 font so I ususally have to horzontal scroll on any thread she posts on.

Does this eliminate all avatar images though? I'd like to keep them on, since I feel that it's part of the character of this board.

It's really only the mini-clips that give me trouble (and not all of them), and it's only a problem when I'm running a split screen with another demanding process on the other half.

chiefz
02-16-2005, 12:58 PM
There is. It's kinda community triggered, though. If a user experiences a problem with a large sig, they alert a mod and it's resolved from there. If we mods notice a particularly large sig, we also resolve it.

There is no way to individually ignore sigs without ignoring the user or turning of all sigs. Quite frankly, I wish Kyle would install the hack in which a sig appears once for each user per thread.

I have a 400 pixel wide by 100 pixel tall, no more than 100KB limit for sigs on my site and that seems to work pretty well.

Dartgod
02-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Does this eliminate all avatar images though? I'd like to keep them on, since I feel that it's part of the character of this board.
Yeah, but I can always click on the profile button if I want to see the avatar. You can select that option. Unchecking attachments should accomplish what you want.