PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get our hopes up about any 1st round draft pick...

Cannibal
02-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I was thinking that we should draft a DE in the 1st round, because a DE can step in a make a significant impant year one. But then I remembered one thing, we pick 15th and Carl won't sign the guy until the week before the 1st regular season game. Hell, Carl won't be back from vacation until training camp.

This means that the kid won't see the field until week 6-8 and even when he does, he won't have much impact because he will have missed too much camp.

I guess it doesn't really matter which position on D we take since he
won't play much this year anyway. It won't be until year 2 that a our rookie defender makes an impact. We had better do well in free agency.

|Zach|
02-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Jeez, someone give our fanbase some midol.

Cannibal
02-17-2005, 08:34 PM
While it is true that it is a pessimistic outlook. It is also true that Carl can't seem to sign mid to high 1st rounders on time.

|Zach|
02-17-2005, 08:35 PM
While it is true that it is a pessimistic outlook. It is also true that Carl can't seem to sign mid to high 1st rounders on time.
Sorry to stop you for getting mad about something that has yet to happen in the upcoming draft. I know it is a fun thing to do around here.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry to stop you for getting mad about something that has yet to happen in the upcoming draft. I know it is a fun thing to do around here.

Zach, can you really blame the fan base for being so jaded??? We are all just tired of the same old thing year after year after year........

|Zach|
02-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Zach, can you really blame the fan base for being so jaded??? We are all just tired of the same old thing year after year after year........
Excuse me while I make a thread getting mad at Carl for not landing Hugh Douglas...

I don't quite have much faith in you assesment of football Deberg I have seen you call out games as losses in the 1st qtr. Can you blame me for not believing the CP brain trust around here?

Cannibal
02-17-2005, 08:39 PM
I am not being sarcastic either. I really do think that our 1st rounder won't sign until 1 to 2 weeks before the regular season starts. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the kid misses a couple of weeks in the regular season.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Excuse me while I make a thread getting mad at Carl for not landing Hugh Douglas...

I don't quite have much faith in you assesment of football Deberg I have seen you call out games as losses in the 1st qtr. Can you blame me for not believing the CP brain trust around here?

Well Zach, if you are happy with a 7-9 season so be it.......Im mad as hell and you should be too.

|Zach|
02-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Well Zach, if you are happy with a 7-9 season so be it.......
You are a moron for putting those words in my mouth...a complete tool...

KCWolfman
02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Well Zach, if you are happy with a 7-9 season so be it.......Im mad as hell and you should be too.
You mention the past record as the reason for being pissed at imaginary signings in the future?

You know what, I am mad that our hovercars will not be able to transport more than 6 people at a time because Henry Ford's axles kept breaking on his Model A's.

|Zach|
02-17-2005, 09:09 PM
You mention the past record as the reason for being pissed at imaginary signings in the future?

You know what, I am mad that our hovercars will not be able to transport more than 6 people at a time because Henry Ford's axles kept breaking on his Model A's.
You are just a fool...I bet you were happy with our loss to the Colts 2 years ago.

KCWolfman
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
You are just a fool...I bet you were happy with our loss to the Colts 2 years ago.
Tickled, because the transaxle gave me the opportunity to use positraction when running against Dante Hall during the toast to Guinness with a chartruese deep diving minnow lure.