How do you like it?

How does it work?

Any hassles?

How much does it cost?

Thanks

Fat E

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 09:27 PM
http://www.unav.es/digilab/proyectosenl/2002/miserio_bakersfield/images/rottweiler.jpg

http://trycm.com/images/shotgun.jpg

2bikemike
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
The systems themselves are fairly inexpensive. Depending on the number of windows and doors. I think mine cost about $1200. The cost comes from the monthly monitoring fee. You don't necessarily have to have that. If you get the system and put the stickers and signs up you would probably be protected via the criminal looking for an easier target.

sd4chiefs
02-17-2005, 09:43 PM
$00.00 if you just take a sign from someones yard.

Skip Towne
02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I just throw a rock through the window then hide. If no cop shows up you're shit becomes my shit.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 09:47 PM
The Pitbull is my home alarm. You cant come within 10 yards of my house without saying **** that. HE is also great for door to door salesman, they are gone by the time I make it to the door.

KCWolfman
02-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I just throw a rock through the window then hide. If no cop shows up you're shit becomes my shit.
I flush my toilet. You will have to go to the sewers to get my shit.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 09:50 PM

Smart.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
This what my dog looks like as he sticks his mug through the venetian blinds when you walk up to the door. No joke, the dog in this add is a carbon copy.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 09:53 PM
This what my dog looks like as he sticks his mug through the venetian blinds when you walk up to the door. No joke, the dog in this add is a carbon copy.

What if the potential burglar had the foresight to deal with a dog?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
What if the potential burglar had the foresight to deal with a dog?

Go ahead and deal with him good luck.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Go ahead and deal with him good luck.

You're right. No mere human, regardless of how he was equipped, could ever hope to overcome a mighty dog.

Braincase
02-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I have a squadron of rabid ninja pitbulls in the attic.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
I have a squadron of rabid ninja pitbulls in the attic.

What if two squadrons of rabid ninja pitbulls decide to rob your house?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 10:12 PM
You're right. No mere human, regardless of how he was equipped, could ever hope to overcome a mighty dog.

Yea I suppose you could always shoot him and let the whole neighborhood know what your doing. It could happen, ever watch worlds dumbest criminals?

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Yea I suppose you could always shoot him and let the whole neighborhood know what your doing. It could happen, ever watch worlds dumbest criminals?

If I was a burglar, I'd carry a 9mm with a silencer.

Iowanian
02-17-2005, 10:18 PM

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:19 PM

What if the terminator decides to rob your house?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Yea well, the world isn't ready for you dude. Ever consider an easier target? There is a world full of victims......... uh I mean liberal scum that don't believe in guns or pitbulls for that matter. There standing in line just begging you take their shit. You have to be real careful with these guys though, they might call the cops if they hear you in their house.........uh I mean apartment.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Yea well, the world isn't ready for you dude. Ever consider an easier target? There is a world full of victims......... uh I mean liberal scum that don't believe in guns or pitbulls for that matter. There standing in line just begging you take their shit. You have to be real careful with these guys though, they might call the cops if they hear you in their house.........uh I mean apartment.

Heh heh...of course, a smart burglar avoids the pitbull-laden residence altogether.

Iowanian
02-17-2005, 10:32 PM
What if the terminator decides to rob your house?

I'll make a door Knocker out of his titanium baows.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
I'll make a door Knocker out of his titanium baows.

LOL

I'd love to see your entire "Image Smaque Folder."

KCWolfman
02-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Until you ran into a 44 without one.

Braincase
02-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Get yourself an SAS Striker Commando on a minibike. And lots of scones...

http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/Welbike_Sgt_Gordon_Davies_1_Can_Para_Bn_1944_01_05_DND27889.jpg

Skip Towne
02-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Smith & Wesson make a nice system.

Pants
02-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Smith & Wesson make a nice system.

I prefer Heckler & Koch. Or Colt.

Dartgod
02-18-2005, 07:34 AM
...ever watch worlds dumbest criminals?
No. He's too busy starring in Worlds Dumbest Internet BB Posters.

Frazod
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I have an ADT system. It runs me about $30 a month. There were some initial tweakings required (during cold months, the air temperature difference around the sliding glass door set it off), but since then, it's been fine.

The only reason I have it is because of an extremely vulnerable basement window, which is at ground level directly under my deck. The area behind my house is very secluded, and it would literally take even the dumbest criminal about five seconds to break into my house, and if I'm asleep two floors above, I wouldn't hear it. Basically, the alarm just gives me time to wake up and break out the weapons.

The peace of mind is worth the $30 a month, IMO.

Lzen
02-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I have an ADT system. It runs me about $30 a month. There were some initial tweakings required (during cold months, the air temperature difference around the sliding glass door set it off), but since then, it's been fine.

The only reason I have it is because of an extremely vulnerable basement window, which is at ground level directly under my deck. The area behind my house is very secluded, and it would literally take even the dumbest criminal about five seconds to break into my house, and if I'm asleep two floors above, I wouldn't hear it. Basically, the alarm just gives me time to wake up and break out the weapons.

This actually sounds like a good plan. I've been considering an alarm system, too. I've already got the Ruger alarm system. But what if I'm not home? I really don't want to replace all my stuff. Talk about a pain. Plus the thought of someone in my home is just unsettling.

Nzoner
02-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I lived two different places that were broken into,so when we built the new place I had it wired top to bottom,doors and windows.It runs about $30 month for the monitoring and I've had no problems except the time the cat got left in the gameroom and set off the motion detector.

Braincase
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
What if two squadrons of rabid ninja pitbulls decide to rob your house?

Damn. Time to upgrade to cyborg rabid ninja pitbulls.

Bwana
02-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I use the Browning system with a Mastiff backup.

Iowanian
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I did actually upgrade the security yesterday......Installed a motion light over driveway that covers my shed and boat.

It should help gather light into my scope from the tower.

jbret......I don't actually have a large "library". I located that image about 2 minutes after your post.... I'm just that damn good with google.

KCWolfman
02-18-2005, 06:44 PM

We have the same system, Tim. I threw a fit because they raised the price after my initial contract and withdrew money from my account without my signature. They ended up dropping me to 20.99 a month for the next two years.

How many times has your wife sat it off?

Calcountry
02-18-2005, 06:48 PM
The Pitbull is my home alarm. You cant come within 10 yards of my house without saying **** that. HE is also great for door to door salesman, they are gone by the time I make it to the door.That is worth the food costs right there. ROFL:thumb:

Frazod
02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
We have the same system, Tim. I threw a fit because they raised the price after my initial contract and withdrew money from my account without my signature. They ended up dropping me to 20.99 a month for the next two years.

How many times has your wife sat it off?

She's good for that about once every six months. :D

Of course, I've done it a couple of times myself. Sure scares the shit out of cats.... ROFL

KCWolfman
02-18-2005, 06:59 PM
She's good for that about once every six months. :D

Of course, I've done it a couple of times myself. Sure scares the shit out of cats.... ROFL
Yup, but my dog sings with it when it goes off.

Frazod
02-18-2005, 07:01 PM
This actually sounds like a good plan. I've been considering an alarm system, too. I've already got the Ruger alarm system. But what if I'm not home? I really don't want to replace all my stuff. Talk about a pain. Plus the thought of someone in my home is just unsettling.
Of all my close friends, the one who lives the farthest out on the country is the only one who's home has been burglarized. He lives about 15 miles outside of Jeff City. There were some crooks running a racket at rural homes - they'd find some secluded house and knock on the door. If someone answered, they pretended to be lost and asked for directions. If no one answered, they broke in and looted the place. My friend got hit pretty hard, and now he has an alarm system.

So much for that not-having-to-lock-your-doors-in-the-country shit. :shake:

IMO, an alarm system ain't a bad idea no matter who you are.

Frazod
02-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Yup, but my dog sings with it when it goes off.

He's probably singing DAMN THIS HURTS! :cuss:

ROFL