PDA

View Full Version : kffl chiefs stuff

Mr. Laz
02-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Chiefs | Easy to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:30:03 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs FB Omar Easy is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Harts to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:29:34 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs S Shaunard Harts is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Fujita to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:29:01 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Scott Fujita is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Boerigter to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:25:36 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs WR Marc Boerigter is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | F. Jones to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:25:03 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Fred Jones is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Gammon to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:24:18 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs C Kendall Gammon is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Caver to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:23:48 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Quinton Caver is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Beisel to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:23:14 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Monty Beisel is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Blaylock to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:22:36 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs RB Derrick Blaylock is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Phobia
02-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't think Bo is a RFA. He signed for 6 years. Maybe he had voidable years, but given his injury and performance in '03, I don't think he would wanna void his contract.

booger
02-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't think Bo is a RFA. He signed for 6 years. Maybe he had voidable years, but given his injury and performance in '03, I don't think he would wanna void his contract.

That's what I thought too. IIRC there were about 10-12 teams who were serious in signing him and we did a 6 or 7 year deal. He must be a RFA though since Carls letter indicated so.

* Another figure that counts toward the 2005 salary cap are tenders for restricted free agents. Fortunately, we’ll have only four players to consider tendering – WR Marc Boerigter, LB Scott Fujita, S Shaunard Harts and FB Omar Easy. Interestingly, the league has yet to give us a figure on what those tenders will count against our 2005 cap, but we have budgeted appropriately to tender those players and retain our right of first refusal if we choose to do so.

It will be interesting what tender we give him as he wasn't a draft choice.

Phobia
02-17-2005, 11:34 PM
I think we'll give him the low tender.

booger
02-17-2005, 11:36 PM
the only other option would be a high tender @ a first or first and third pick as comp and that kind of money he isn't worth yet. Maybe potentially but not yet.

so yes I agree.

:thumb:

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 08:37 AM
I would tender all of them except Gammon at the lowest possible tender.

Keep Gammon and let the rest go if they want more money.

Kris Kringle
02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Chiefs | Easy to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:30:03 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs FB Omar Easy is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Harts to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:29:34 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs S Shaunard Harts is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Fujita to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:29:01 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Scott Fujita is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Boerigter to Become RFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:25:36 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs WR Marc Boerigter is scheduled to become a restricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | F. Jones to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:25:03 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Fred Jones is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Gammon to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:24:18 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs C Kendall Gammon is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Caver to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:23:48 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Quinton Caver is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Beisel to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:23:14 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs LB Monty Beisel is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

Chiefs | Blaylock to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:22:36 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs RB Derrick Blaylock is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, according to team president Carl Peterson.

We should resign:
Gammon
Boerigter
Fujita
Harts

We should let go:
Beisel*
Caver*
Jones*
Easy
Blaylock**

*After we let them go and they test the FA waters, we could attempt to resign them at a cheaper rate.

** I'd really like to see Blaylock back. The market is flooded with RBs this year. I think we can resign him for cheap.

whoman69
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I would tender all of them except Gammon at the lowest possible tender.

Keep Gammon and let the rest go if they want more money.
I would say Harts, Fujita and Beisel would be the only ones I would talk to. Blaylock surely wants to put himself on the market and see if he could land a starting spot somewhere. Easy is still a HB playing FB and no reason we should keep him around. Gammon is a luxery that with his years in the league, offering minimum is too much. Allen will need to take over snapper duties. Jones and Caver might be looked at if we need them for depth, but IMO we can find better.

TEX
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And with that, Omar Easy can be officially labled a waste of a mid round draft pick as many said the second he was drafted. At least it was a 4th instead of a 1st and 3rd ( Sims) and 2nd (Bartee, Freeman, Mitchel, too early for Wilson but...) :shake:

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I would say Harts, Fujita and Beisel would be the only ones I would talk to. Blaylock surely wants to put himself on the market and see if he could land a starting spot somewhere. Easy is still a HB playing FB and no reason we should keep him around. Gammon is a luxery that with his years in the league, offering minimum is too much. Allen will need to take over snapper duties. Jones and Caver might be looked at if we need them for depth, but IMO we can find better.

I can't believe how many people want rid of Gammon. The reason his job goes completely unnoticed is because he's so GOOD at it.

I'd keep him.

I'd attempt to keep Fujita.

I might try to keep Beisel and Harts as a backups only.

I'd let the rest walk.

Bowser
02-18-2005, 10:20 AM
I can't believe how many people want rid of Gammon. The reason his job goes completely unnoticed is because he's so GOOD at it.

I'd keep him.

I'd attempt to keep Fujita.

I might try to keep Beisel and Harts as a backups only.

I'd let the rest walk.

I agree about Gammon. Give him a mil to stay and snap balls. If we don't offer him a little extra, someone will. Cowher picked him as his special teamer for the Pro Bowl, so it's not like Gammon isn't known around the league.

And I've got a feeling your boy Beisel is going to be one of our starting OLB's this year, htis.

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
And I've got a feeling your boy Beisel is going to be one of our starting OLB's this year, htis.

If so, we're ****ed.

We might as well start Mitchell too, then.

Mr. Laz
02-18-2005, 11:14 AM
why should we keep Fujita?

Kclee
02-18-2005, 11:26 AM

In most other circumstances, no reason, but as of now, I think he is our best LB that is/will be healthy. If we didn't have problems at DB also, maybe they could bring in enough LB's with better talent, but that seems unreasonable to replace all 3 LB's in one offseason. I'm not sure, but has that ever happened before? We need a MLB, and someone to replace Barber at least for 6 games. Plus a CB, and someone for Warfield for 4 games.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 11:48 AM

Yep. A million or two or however much he makes is a small price to pay for perfect snaps on field goals and punts EVERY TIME.

Jared Allen's a starter now, he doesn't need to be wasting his time with special teams duty, either.

ChiefsOne
02-18-2005, 11:57 AM
We definitely should keep Gammon.

Would like to keep Boerigter, Fujita, Harts and Blaylock.

Need more time with Beisel.

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
We definitely should keep Gammon.

Would like to keep Boerigter, Fujita, Harts and Blaylock.

Need more time with Beisel.

Everybody want to write off Mitchell, but we need more time with Beisel?

BS, he sucks.

Mr. Laz
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Everybody want to write off Mitchell, but we need more time with Beisel?

BS, he sucks.

prove it

:p

the Talking Can
02-18-2005, 03:17 PM

then our transformation to the Bengals will be complete....

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 04:03 PM
prove it

:p

Watch them both on the field. That's PLENTY of proof.

brent102fire
02-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I think CP and DV will pay top $$ to keep all of their own players. There is no reason to break up the team chemistry and take a chance on a big $ FA that may not work out. :D

philfree
02-18-2005, 06:06 PM

Alot of fans were pretty high on Fuji going into the 2004 season and he struggled some under a new scheme that's totally different then anything else he's played in so now I guess he sucks. I was wondering if Fuji could play on the right side of the D. Then we could look for an upgrade at SLB. If up to me I'd re-sign Fuji and Beisel. Beisel is a good STmer and has played all of the LB positions on our D. IMO for a guy who was just kinda thrown into the fire he didn't do all that bad. He's perfect backup material IMO.

PhilFree :arrow:

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 06:07 PM
There is no reason Fujita can't excel in Gunther's scheme. He's big, fast and smart. He was starting to "get it" toward the end of the year, too.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Watch Beisel become a Patriot and become the next Bruschi.

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Watch Beisel become a Patriot and become the next Bruschi.

If it happens, so what?

He sucks HERE and that's all that matters.

milkman
02-18-2005, 07:33 PM

I think Fujita is a pretty good LB that played behind an average D-Line, and beside some pathetic LBs.

He'll never be a star, but if there are some players elsewhere in our D, he'll make some plays.

Toad
02-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Pro Bowl snapper at league min is a luxury? How do you think Gun will think about one of his best players snapping in the trenches where his risk of injury is magnified?