PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's 1st MLB Power Rankings

Saulbadguy
02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=1994416

Yankees 1. New York Yankees: They won 101 games last year and added Randy Johnson and depth to their bullpen. Jason Giambi's status is still a huge question.

Red Sox 2. Boston Red Sox: Alex Rodriguez has become the focal point of Boston's competitive rage; it's like he's the side of beef in the movie "Rocky," and all the Red Sox are taking their shots.

Cardinals 3. St. Louis Cardinals: They lost Edgar Renteria, but they gained a potential staff ace in Mark Mulder. The nagging injuries to Albert Pujols are a concern.

Marlins 4. Florida Marlins: They could be very, very good -- but they'll only go as far as Josh Beckett, A.J. Burnett and Guillermo Mota lead them.

Angels 5. Anaheim Angels: Added two terrific major-league veterans in Steve Finley and Orlando Cabrera, and their only major question is if the relievers will respond in new roles.

Braves 6. Atlanta Braves: The biggest story of the spring that's not related to steroids is whether the Braves can sign Tim Hudson to a long-term deal.

Cubs 7. Chicago Cubs: They're going to need some leaders on their team this year, and who better than Wood, Maddux, Prior and Zambrano?

Twins 8. Minnesota Twins: They locked up Johan Santana to a four-year deal; when small-market teams are able to retain their pitching, that's a measure of parity (but not much).

Giants 9. San Francisco Giants: Filled their biggest hole with the addition of closer Armando Benitez. But they might want to see if they can play an extra outfielder between Bonds and Alou.

Mets 10. New York Mets: And with the start of spring training, the big search for middle relief begins; the rotation will be undermined without it.

Padres 11. San Diego Padres: They didn't make any big offseason acquisitions, but they did improve their bench and added Dave Roberts to play center field.

Indians 12. Cleveland Indians: They're going to rack up a lot of runs, and if they can hold leads, they should be able to win a lot of games this season.

Rangers 13. Texas Rangers: Considering the state of their starting rotation last year, they overachieved. Would not be a big surprise if they took a small step back this year.

Mariners 14. Seattle Mariners: They've added some power in the middle of their batting order in Adrian Beltre and Richie Sexson, and now they desperately need to get some healthy arms on their staff.

Phillies 15. Philadelphia Phillies: There was a notion that the Phillies' struggles were caused by the fiery personality of former manager Larry Bowa. Now that he's gone, we'll find out if that was true.

Dodgers 16. Los Angeles Dodgers: They've made a lot of changes, and are banking a lot on J.D. Drew to lead the team. How he'll respond is among the major questions heading into the upcoming season.

Astros 17. Houston Astros: Lots of offense went out the door with the departure of Carlos Beltran and Jeff Kent. Either a young player must emerge to pick up the offensive slack, or a trade will need to be made.

Athletics 18. Oakland Athletics: The offense is stronger than it has been since the 2001 season, and they've got a lot of good arms on their staff. The big question: How quickly will the pitchers mature?

Tigers 19. Detroit Tigers: Jeremy Bonderman pitched like an ace down the stretch last year, and if the Tigers are to have a real chance in the AL Central, he'll have to continue that again this season.

Orioles 20. Baltimore Orioles: Slammin' Sammy would make more of an impact if he brought along a friend -- say, a No. 1 or No. 2-type starting pitcher? The O's rotation, without a doubt, is really lacking.

White Sox 21. Chicago White Sox: They decided to shuffle the deck, trading Carlos Lee and not re-signing Magglio Ordonez, and added some pitching (Orlando Hernandez, Dustin Hermanson) along with catcher A.J. Pierzynski.

Diamondbacks 22. Arizona Diamondbacks: The new ownership worked hard in the offseason to change the face of the team -- but they've got a long way to go, after winning just 51 games all of last season.

Brewers 23. Milwaukee Brewers: Slowly, they're on the rise to respectability. They should be an interesting team this year, with the expected addition of some high-level, young position prospects.

Pirates 24. Pittsburgh Pirates: They're piecing something together, and appear to be moving in the right direction -- but can they hold it together for an extended period of time? We'll see about that.

Reds 25. Cincinnati Reds: In what's become the usual, Ken Griffey, Jr. is the biggest question heading into spring training-- can he stay healthy, finally? If so, they'll have some depth in their outfield.

Blue Jays 26. Toronto Blue Jays: Somebody should raise the idea of rotating the Jays and Devil Rays out of the AL East, because unless the Yankees and Red Sox are run incompetently, it's hard for Toronto to compete.

Rockies 27. Colorado Rockies: Maybe young left-hander Jeff Francis will turn into the pitching savior the Rockies need so very much. If not, the 2005 season could be worse than it's expected to be.

Devil Rays 28. Tampa Bay Devil Rays: Easiest prediction of the year: The fiery and always colorful Lou Piniella is definitely going to blow a gasket as he watches this team lose time and time and time again.

Nationals 29. Washington Nationals: Baseball's Bingo Long All-Stars have finally found a permanent home. It'll be a while longer before you can realistically expect them to win on a consistent basis.

Royals 30. Kansas City Royals: The window of opportunity that seemed to be open last spring has closed, and now they've got to work toward another.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Go Rangers!

Bowser
Damned East Coast bias!

Eleazar
Good lord we're dead last behind the team that just moved. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
YES!

:spock:

Saulbadguy
02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess there is room for improvement, no?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-18-2005, 05:08 PM
They desperately need a CB and LB.

ArrowheadHawk
02-18-2005, 05:08 PM
are the royals gonna win more than they lose this year?

beavis
02-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, at least there's no where to go but up. :shake:

HemiEd
02-18-2005, 05:16 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bowser
02-18-2005, 05:25 PM
The Nationals' logo isn't much, is it?

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/images/masthead/was_logo_primary.gif

BOR-RING.

ChiTown
02-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey, at least we're in the top 30...................

HemiEd
02-18-2005, 05:28 PM

You are kidding arn't you? :LOL:

Miles
02-18-2005, 05:30 PM

Yeah thats pretty dull.

|Zach|
02-18-2005, 05:30 PM
No kiddin'. I'm surprised the Columbus Clippers and PawSox didn't edge us out.
ROFL

ChiTown
02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
No kiddin'. I'm surprised the Columbus Clippers and PawSox didn't edge us out.

Not so fast, Captain Big Pants, the final preseaon power rankings won't be final until Spring Training is completed. We look good for now, but we could easily slip out of the top 30.

Keep your fingers crossed...........

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-18-2005, 05:32 PM
are the royals gonna win more than they lose this year?
HIGHLY doubtful.

Sad thing is, that's all it would take to consider the season a smashing success. We finished third in the worst division in baseball two years ago...but it was the greatest season in a decade simply because we were 4 games over .500.

It's not much fun being a Royals fan.

Miles
02-18-2005, 05:32 PM
The top 10 looks about right but I think the Astros and Dodgers will be better than they were ranked.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah thats pretty dull.
no worse than this...

tk13
02-18-2005, 05:37 PM
That's okay really, everybody was picking us to be horrible before 2003 too. I remember Rob Dibble ranting up and down on ESPN radio about how horrible it was the Royals had a AAA pitching staff, and they did pretty well. I think with Guy Hansen our pitching will be a lot better.... Greinke/Hernandez/Lima should form a better top 3 than this team has had in few years. And with all the arms we have, odds are that somebody.... be it Kyle Snyder or Tankersley or Bautista or somebody else, will break through and have a good spring.

ChiefsCountry
02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Just think when Ewing Kauffman owned the team he didnt care about the bottom line as much, and he least tried to put a winner out there. That is all KC needs is a winning team and Kauffman Stadium will be packed.

tk13
02-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Just think when Ewing Kauffman owned the team he didnt care about the bottom line as much, and he least tried to put a winner out there. That is all KC needs is a winning team and Kauffman Stadium will be packed.
KC had a winning team the entire summer of 2003 and the stadium wasn't "packed".... and it was a far different game when Mr. K owned the team. So many people seem to think... "Mr. K really cared about building a winner, he would've done it"..... payrolls weren't even 20 million a year for a team when he was owner up until the very end. Now payrolls are in the hundreds of millions of dollars. If he wanted to have the highest payroll in the league like he used to, he would have to lose over 100 million dollars a year in today's baseball universe. I will bet you 100 million dollars he would've done no such thing.

Valiant
02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
KC had a winning team the entire summer of 2003 and the stadium wasn't "packed".... and it was a far different game when Mr. K owned the team. So many people seem to think... "Mr. K really cared about building a winner, he would've done it"..... payrolls weren't even 20 million a year for a team when he was owner up until the very end. Now payrolls are in the hundreds of millions of dollars. If he wanted to have the highest payroll in the league like he used to, he would have to lose over 100 million dollars a year in today's baseball universe. I will bet you 100 million dollars he would've done no such thing.

we would not have lost that much..becasue the stadium would be near capacity every night... EK would have had us at least in the 65-80million dollar range and making a profit... People forget how much of a baseball town this was in the 80's-early 90's...

The reason why many people did not go to the game when we were in 2003 because they all knew it wouldnt last... Reality sucks...

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 06:43 PM
The Royals will start the season 0-3.

Dave Lane
02-18-2005, 06:45 PM
We're #1 We're #1 !!!!

Oh wait this isn't read Chinese style.. nevermind.

Dave

Calcountry
02-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Baseball is doomed.

tk13
02-18-2005, 07:04 PM
we would not have lost that much..becasue the stadium would be near capacity every night... EK would have had us at least in the 65-80million dollar range and making a profit... People forget how much of a baseball town this was in the 80's-early 90's...

The reason why many people did not go to the game when we were in 2003 because they all knew it wouldnt last... Reality sucks...
What I don't understand is.... that if indeed the payroll would be 65-80 million because the place was packed everynight, then why don't the people of KC fill the place every night? "Because there's not a winner on the field and we don't keep our players".... well if the fans filled the place, and the payroll went up, would we not be able to keep the Damon's and Dye's of the world and avoid the whole problem? It always seems like people would rather complain than help... and I understand that because Glass is the one with millions of dollars, but in all honesty I think if Glass did fork it over and start losing 15-20 million a year I think attendence would go up but the place wouldn't be packed, probably more towards the 25,000 range and he'd eventually just give up and sell the team like Wayne Huizenga did with the Marlins because the people weren't coming even though there's a winner on the field.

Valiant
02-18-2005, 08:52 PM
What I don't understand is.... that if indeed the payroll would be 65-80 million because the place was packed everynight, then why don't the people of KC fill the place every night? "Because there's not a winner on the field and we don't keep our players".... well if the fans filled the place, and the payroll went up, would we not be able to keep the Damon's and Dye's of the world and avoid the whole problem? It always seems like people would rather complain than help... and I understand that because Glass is the one with millions of dollars, but in all honesty I think if Glass did fork it over and start losing 15-20 million a year I think attendence would go up but the place wouldn't be packed, probably more towards the 25,000 range and he'd eventually just give up and sell the team like Wayne Huizenga did with the Marlins because the people weren't coming even though there's a winner on the field.

No it was more into regards to we spent the money and fielded a competive team.. We do neither now... We make horrible dicisions about player management...

Players know we are not competive or try very hard to be, NO one wants to come to KC because of it... We have a owner that is in it about the money and not winning a championship...

As for the Marlins, they were never a baseball town... The Royals would be just like the Chiefs after a few seasons if we could field a competive team each year... The problem is we do not... You can expect people to spend that kind of money to go to games nonstop if they expect us to lose...

Hell 2003 we did great and did our poor average attendace, because people expected us to flop in the end like we always do... 2004 ticket sells were up in expection of a better season... We played like shit and still had more fans attend then the previous year... Guess what would have happened if we would at least did as well as 2003... You get fans to attend games in steps...(that and i believe the RSN hurt their attendence)

Glass has to field a better product for a while(2-4 seasons straight) before the fans will pack the stadium like they did during our glory years...

Glass would do just fine in the 60-75 million dollar range... He does not have to spend that much up front, but needs to keep our young pitchers and bring in some veteran utility players... If they do not work(ala Juan Gone) then release them... But you have to at least try... 2004 was a disappointment but at least we tried.... TRIED...

Demonpenz
02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Kansas city can still be a baseball town. During 2003 I remembered what it was like to have fans actually in tune with the game, ususally the fans act like its a dave fagthews concert, but in 2003 they were into every pitch

Demonpenz
02-18-2005, 08:56 PM
i wish glass would open his pocketbooks, we just needed like more years on the beltran contract and he would have been a royal for life

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Until MLB gets an NFL style CBA and salary cap, small market teams like our Royals are just not going to be able to compete with the bigger market teams IMHO. And that is just the thing that ticks me off about MLB.

Deberg_1990
02-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Until MLB gets an NFL style CBA and salary cap, small market teams like our Royals are just not going to be able to compete with the bigger market teams IMHO. And that is just the thing that ticks me off about MLB.

Just like the Twins and A's and Marlins of the world cant hang with the Yankees?? Its time for the Royals organization to stop using the small market thing as an excuse and a crutch. Its a poorly run organization from the top down. If Mr Glass cared as much about fielding a winning team than churning out cheap crap at competitive prices than we might have a better team. Screw Glass.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Just like the Twins and A's and Marlins of the world cant hang with the Yankees?? Its time for the Royals organization to stop using the small market thing as an excuse and a crutch. Its a poorly run organization from the top down. If Mr Glass cared as much about fielding a winning team than churning out cheap crap at competitive prices than we might have a better team. Screw Glass.

-No, the Twinks can't hang with the Yankmees.
-Yes, the A's can.
-The Marlins were financed by Huizenga the first time and found lightning in a bottle the second.
-I agree that Glass is a cheap bastige but the fact remains that no owner in his right mind will spend Steinbrenner money on a team when it will bankrupt him in the process. It is, at the end of the day, a business. You mentioned 3 organizations out of the entire league......how many small market teams were left unmentioned in your example that don't stand a snowballs chance in the fiery regions of making it to the WS no matter how good their management is or how good their farm system is? A much larger number I would say......

tk13
02-18-2005, 09:41 PM
No it was more into regards to we spent the money and fielded a competive team.. We do neither now... We make horrible dicisions about player management...

Players know we are not competive or try very hard to be, NO one wants to come to KC because of it... We have a owner that is in it about the money and not winning a championship...

As for the Marlins, they were never a baseball town... The Royals would be just like the Chiefs after a few seasons if we could field a competive team each year... The problem is we do not... You can expect people to spend that kind of money to go to games nonstop if they expect us to lose...

Hell 2003 we did great and did our poor average attendace, because people expected us to flop in the end like we always do... 2004 ticket sells were up in expection of a better season... We played like shit and still had more fans attend then the previous year... Guess what would have happened if we would at least did as well as 2003... You get fans to attend games in steps...(that and i believe the RSN hurt their attendence)

Glass has to field a better product for a while(2-4 seasons straight) before the fans will pack the stadium like they did during our glory years...

Glass would do just fine in the 60-75 million dollar range... He does not have to spend that much up front, but needs to keep our young pitchers and bring in some veteran utility players... If they do not work(ala Juan Gone) then release them... But you have to at least try... 2004 was a disappointment but at least we tried.... TRIED...
But we are "trying"..... that's the problem, fans only see "trying" if big money guys like Juan Gonzalez are signed. For some reason KC sports fans simply cannot comprehend the concept of drafting and developing a team. The Royals are trying just fine, but instead of going out and signing big name guys to make an immediate impact and hoping it gells, they're taking guys like Greinke and Runelvys Hernandez and Affeldt and Buck and DeJesus and letting them develop into a core group of guys that will be able to develop together and turn into a winner, and hopefully keep winning so fans will come to the ballpark and when their contracts come up 6 years down the road, they will be able to re-sign some of them.

Deberg_1990
02-18-2005, 09:49 PM
But we are "trying"..... that's the problem, fans only see "trying" if big money guys like Juan Gonzalez are signed. For some reason KC sports fans simply cannot comprehend the concept of drafting and developing a team. The Royals are trying just fine, but instead of going out and signing big name guys to make an immediate impact and hoping it gells, they're taking guys like Greinke and Runelvys Hernandez and Affeldt and Buck and DeJesus and letting them develop into a core group of guys that will be able to develop together and turn into a winner, and hopefully keep winning so fans will come to the ballpark and when their contracts come up 6 years down the road, they will be able to re-sign some of them.

Yep, just like we developed Damon, Beltran and Dye. That sure got us alot didnt it??

Deberg_1990
02-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Sad Reality:
More and More im convinced that the "Big Money" TV players like FOX and ESPN dont want a competitive league. They are just fine with how things are now in MLB. Their worst nightmare would be to have a KC/Milwaukee World series which would pull about a 1.1 rating. As long as they keep seeing the Red Sox/Yankees stuff in the playoffs, they are perfectly happy counting the $$$$.

tk13
02-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Yep, just like we developed Damon, Beltran and Dye. That sure got us alot didnt it??
We didn't have a solid plan in place like we do now. We got those guys at the end of the Herk Robinson era where ownership was up in the air and we kept flipping back and forth between having a youth movement then going out and signing guys like Chili Davis and Dean Palmer every other year. Baird has this figured out and he's doing it right, he's stockpiling young talent and putting them around good baseball people. He hired Guy Hansen who had been with the Royals years ago, had spent the last few years in the Braves farm system (which is never short of good arms), and had also worked a bit to develop Zach Greinke. He's brought in the former personnel man from the Angels who turned that farm system into one of the best. He whacked the 3rd base coach and the conditioning director because they haven't done their job the last couple years.

There is some young talent to work with, and Baird and company are drafting better, last year they picked up a couple of very nice prospects in Billy Butler and J.P. Howell, we've got #2 draft pick this year, he's made some unbelievable trades to bring guys like Denny Bautista and Justin Huber into the system. Things are looking up....

Valiant
02-18-2005, 10:12 PM

Big money guys... We have not signed one since jeff king and jay bell... Juan Gone was a over the hill and injured player that we were hoping would revert to his glory days... We have not made a play at major talent yet int he Glass era... We develop talent and then lose it because we will not complement with major FA's... Juan Gone and Benito were not talents anymore... Hell we paid more for benito and that other has been catcher when we could have gotten pudge... Fact is we have not signed a reliable star in years...

siberian khatru
02-18-2005, 10:12 PM
There is some young talent to work with, and Baird and company are drafting better, last year they picked up a couple of very nice prospects in Billy Butler and J.P. Howell, we've got #2 draft pick this year, he's made some unbelievable trades to bring guys like Denny Bautista and Justin Huber into the system. Things are looking up....

Yup. We just need some luck now, particularly in the health department.

Deberg_1990
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
We didn't have a solid plan in place like we do now. We got those guys at the end of the Herk Robinson era where ownership was up in the air and we kept flipping back and forth between having a youth movement then going out and signing guys like Chili Davis and Dean Palmer every other year. Baird has this figured out and he's doing it right, he's stockpiling young talent and putting them around good baseball people. He hired Guy Hansen who had been with the Royals years ago, had spent the last few years in the Braves farm system (which is never short of good arms), and had also worked a bit to develop Zach Greinke. He's brought in the former personnel man from the Angels who turned that farm system into one of the best. He whacked the 3rd base coach and the conditioning director because they haven't done their job the last couple years.

I love your optimism man. I sincerely hope you are right. its just hard to get excited about a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 20 years.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I love your optimism man. I sincerely hope you are right. its just hard to get excited about a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 20 years.

And I thought being a Chiefs fan sucked. I can only imagine your collective pain as Royals fans. At least the Rangers won the division a couple times in their 30 year history.

Miles
02-18-2005, 11:20 PM

I feel Oakland, Minn and Florida have primarily been competative due to developing young pitching. That seems to be the only real way that smaller payroll teams can be competative. If KC had retained all three of those outfielders they would obviously be a better team, but I really dont see how it would put them in position to contend for the playoffs.

Maybe TK knows this...but i be curious to see how much of Florida's young talent was acquired during the firesale after their first WS.

chiefsfan987
02-19-2005, 12:08 AM
The Royals will start the season 0-3.

What on earth would make you think the Royals will start off 0-3 when they are facing the Tigers? Maybe you should look up KC's record against detroit the last 5 years.

Pitt Gorilla
02-19-2005, 01:45 AM

The reason why many people did not go to the game when we were in 2003 because they all knew it wouldnt last... Reality sucks...The only free agent that I would have spent more money on would be Dye, and he got like 9 million a year. Spending a ton of money doesn't ensure success; players like Greinke, Hernandez, Affeldt, Buck, and DeJesus are better than many of those making millions of dollars a year. Spending wisely is only way this team will succeed. Contracts like Sweeney's set the team back instead of helping them to win more games.

Valiant
02-19-2005, 02:37 AM
The only free agent that I would have spent more money on would be Dye, and he got like 9 million a year. Spending a ton of money doesn't ensure success; players like Greinke, Hernandez, Affeldt, Buck, and DeJesus are better than many of those making millions of dollars a year. Spending wisely is only way this team will succeed. Contracts like Sweeney's set the team back instead of helping them to win more games.

Agian Dye is/was not a big FA... Why didnt we push for a clemons type player to secure our pitching rotation... These are the big name FA that at least back up there game year in year out...

The Sweeney contract was good at the time, but he decided to do a 180 and we lost a 5-tool player because of it...hell just imagining our 2003 year with the better sweeney and we might have made the playoffs... And that is the whole point, we bring in second tier FA and add them to our youthful prospects...

Miles
02-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Why didnt we push for a clemons type player to secure our pitching rotation... These are the big name FA that at least back up there game year in year out...

Where can you find a Clemons type of pitcher that isnt 15 or so million a year and is willing to go a losing ballclub?

Valiant
02-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Where can you find a Clemons type of pitcher that isnt 15 or so million a year and is willing to go a losing ballclub?

You pay them the money to start the winning on your club... But the way things have ran the past five years is great.. I mean status quo all the way...

Keep on bringing in the Juans/Benitos/Neifis, players that were good once or one year wonders... might as well give them 4-5 million a year and not win any more games...

You have to (try in management/have hope as a fan) that you can bring in a star to steady your team... Hell just last year we could have had Pudge/ david wells for a decent price... We have to at least try and bring in a star...

Miles
02-19-2005, 03:24 AM
You pay them the money to start the winning on your club... But the way things have ran the past five years is great.. I mean status quo all the way...

Keep on bringing in the Juans/Benitos/Neifis, players that were good once or one year wonders... might as well give them 4-5 million a year and not win any more games...

You have to (try in management/have hope as a fan) that you can bring in a star to steady your team... Hell just last year we could have had Pudge/ david wells for a decent price... We have to at least try and bring in a star...

Guess thats the approach the Tigers are taking with overpaying for fringe stars. Pudge signed a larger contract than anyone else offerd him (10 mil yr so) ...I wouldnt really consider that a decent price since its close to Sweeneys contract.

Wells was thinking of retirement and really liked San Diego so i dont see how he was realistic either.

Who could they have brought in this year without blowing a lot of cash?

tk13
02-19-2005, 03:34 AM
You pay them the money to start the winning on your club...

No, that's the problem. You draft and develop a team full of guys. No one player is going to put you over the top when the 8 other guys in the order, on the field and mound aren't any good.... we had a really good collection of talent last year. Up until last year Juan Gonzalez still didn't suck, he just couldn't stay healthy. He'd played 80 some odd games the year before and hit 24-25 homers, he could still hit the cover off the ball, at least that's what we thought we were getting... but he still couldn't stay healthy and he sucked when he was healthy.

One other thing that they're doing this year that I think is really good, and that is focusing back on fundamentals in spring training. Last year they had a more veteran-oriented approach due to the older guys and this year they've said they aren't going to do that. In reality the Royals are doing what so many people want the Chiefs to do.... fire coaches/trainers who don't perform, hire the best personnel men they can find, focus on basics and fundamentals that the team lacks.

HemiEd
02-19-2005, 05:14 AM
In reality the Royals are doing what so many people want the Chiefs to do.... fire coaches/trainers who don't perform, hire the best personnel men they can find, focus on basics and fundamentals that the team lacks.

I think Carl could help them put butts in the seats.. :p

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2005, 10:05 AM
We're Number 30! We're Number 30!

Red Dawg
02-19-2005, 11:12 AM
The Royals need a crazy rich owner that does not care about money and only cares about winning. They will suck for enternity without spending big money.