PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs:Fired Rush Limbaugh from positions with their quarterback-scouting

ArrowheadHawk
02-18-2005, 05:02 PM
My google news finder found this today (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/10928988.htm?1c)

Kansas City Chiefs:Fired Rush Limbaugh from positions with their quarterback-scouting department, drug-counseling program and fitness center.

Bowser
02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
You found a register page for Philly.com?

Abba-Dabba
02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Fantastic!. I found a new place where I have to register online!

ArrowheadHawk
02-18-2005, 05:06 PM
ok i will cut and paste
Posted on Fri, Feb. 18, 2005

Morning Bytes | The news you haven't heard about

By Frank Fitzpatrick

Inquirer Columnist

Here's a look at some recent sports transactions that didn't make the newspaper:

Transactions

Ice hockey

NHL: After calling off the 2004-05 season, called off the 2005-2006 season, too, realizing the sport has never had so much media attention now that it's out of existence.

Flyers: Blamed Bonnie Lindros for cancellation of the NHL season; also announced that Ed Snider's tan now matches the orange in his team's colors.

Baseball

Phillies: Announced several changes for the 2005 season: Manager Charlie Manuel will conduct a weekly hootenanny; LF Pat Burrell will keep tape on his injured left wrist but remove it from his eyes while batting; GM Ed Wade has agreed to keep his cell phone on during the trade-deadline period.

New York Yankees: Rejected sponsorship deal with Lincoln Financial Group when the company refused to incorporate a clean-shaven 16th president into its ads and logo.

Boston Red Sox: Denied allegations in Jose Canseco's new book that P Curt Schilling regularly injected his ego with steroids.

Texas Rangers: Completed last detail of sale in which George W. Bush sold the team by invading the Kansas City Royals' spring-training facility.

Football

NFL: Reached an agreement to hold the league's next two college-player drafts in Camden and Tikrit.

Kansas City Chiefs:Fired Rush Limbaugh from positions with their quarterback-scouting department, drug-counseling program and fitness center.

Colleges

Penn State: Announced that it has no announcements, at least none that you need to know about.

Temple: Announced that beginning in 2006, its football team will compete in the Wissinoming Pop Warner League, providing it meets certain attendance requirements.

Southeastern Conference: Dedicated its new SEC Academic-Support Center and Correctional Institution.

Golf

CBS: Acceded to demands of Augusta National Golf Club officials and agreed that during its 2005 Masters coverage, its broadcasters will not mention Hootie Johnson's jowls.

Fishing

Bassmasters Tour: Revealed that Eagles WR Freddie Mitchell will compete on the bass circuit this year, in the large-mouth division.

NASCAR note of the week. In an interview before this weekend's Daytona 500, driver Robby Gordon said, "I still have that preschooler mentality."

Brag, brag, brag, that's all those NASCAR drivers do.

Fans or enablers? A Duke University law professor suggests that all those whining about steroid abuse in sports are hypocrites.

"All of the incentives in sports are directed at accomplishing extraordinary results," says James E. Coleman, a senior associate dean of the law school who has both defended and prosecuted athletes in doping cases.

"Huge bonuses are given for gold medals and world records. Silver and bronze medals and making the team do not generate corporate sponsorships or media attention. The structure of bonuses and endorsement contracts provide incentives for ordinary athletes to do whatever it takes to perform in extraordinary fashion."

Ratings or bust. The suicide this week of Philadelphia boxer Najai Turpin revealed reality television for exactly what it is - sleazy exploitation.

When people's sins, suffering and shortcomings are put on display for our entertainment and the producers' enrichment, we've proved only that we haven't moved far beyond the era of Roman gladiators.

Braincase
02-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Fantastic!. I found a new place where I have to register online!

Personally, I'd rather not have anybody in the Philladelphia area have my personal information. Especially attorneys and asphalt reinforcement consultants.

Dave Lane
02-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Actually he may be OK on the QB issue. McVomit is not an elite QB IMO.

Dave

htismaqe
02-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't think I can handle the fact that our team is now so pathetic that Philly writers are cracking jokes about us...

ChiefsCountry
02-18-2005, 07:32 PM
You know it is really bad when both of your teams get bashed in a Philadelphia newspaper.

crossbow
02-19-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think I can handle the fact that our team is now so pathetic that Philly writers are cracking jokes about us...

They got a dig in about the Royals too:

"Texas Rangers: Completed last detail of sale in which George W. Bush sold the team by invading the Kansas City Royals' spring-training facility.
"

The Chiefs play them this year too. Hope we beat the dog shit out of them.

AeroSquid
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
You found a register page for Philly.com?

http://www.bugmenot.com

StcChief
02-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Philadelphia Iggles the new Buffalo Bills....Choking in the big game.