PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted feelings this evening....

Fat Elvis
02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
I have pretty conflicted feelings this evening as we just sold our house. I'm really happy that it sold because we have a new house that is being built and the prospect of two mortgages was kind of freaking me out. I'm also very happy because it sold for quite a bit more than I expected it would (we accepted an offer that was a little bit more than we were asking); I'm also very happy because the people who bought it are the folks I was hoping would buy it as it would suit thier needs greatly.

I'm sad because I really love this place. It is the first home I bought, and I was able to modify it the way I wanted. When I bought it, I thought I would be here for years and years, but I will have only stayed here for a year and a half. I'm going to miss my home. I'm also sad because I hate moving. At least I don't have to move far; I can see my new house from my back window.

Hopefully the new house is where we will plant our roots for the next 20 years or so as our kids grow up, and then we can downsize again.

Anyone else ever felt sad about selling a house, and yet be excited at the same time?

Fat E

Hammock Parties
02-18-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't really miss anything about the 3 houses I've left behind (2 in Scotland, 1 in Dallas). I miss the locations where I lived more.

stevieray
02-18-2005, 10:47 PM
one door closes, another one opens.

cheeeefs
02-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I can understand the way you feel. I've moved ten times in a three and a half year stretch. only two of the places I actually was sad to leave though.

Otter
02-19-2005, 02:35 AM
You'll be amazed how fast you'll learn to love your new house.

New projects, new LAN setups, new entertainment centers, new kitchen, garden for fresh lettuce and tomatoes...

It will be nothing but nostalgia in 2 months.

Congrats and good luck.

Taco John
02-19-2005, 04:27 AM
I"m going to be sad when we sell this place. We figure we're here for at least 3-5 years though...

Rausch
02-19-2005, 04:40 AM

You'll be astonished to hear the next house I buy I'll die in...

HemiEd
02-19-2005, 05:11 AM
You'll be astonished to hear the next house I buy I'll die in...

just go outside so you don't stink the place up

Miles
02-19-2005, 05:44 AM
You've never bought or sold a home. Shut the f*ck up, asshole.

But he has seen his parents do it and moved with them...so he knows what he is talking about ;)

Fat Elvis
02-19-2005, 09:56 AM

New projects, new LAN setups, new entertainment centers, new kitchen, garden for fresh lettuce and tomatoes...

It will be nothing but nostalgia in 2 months.

Congrats and good luck.

Actually, it won't be so nostalgic; I can see my new house being built of I look out my back window so I'll be able to see the old one whenever I sit out on the deck of the new house.

I love the new house. The only thing I don't like about it so far is that my theater room won't be set up at the beginning and it won't be as large as the one I have now.

oaklandhater
02-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't really miss anything about the 3 houses I've left behind (2 in Scotland, 1 in Dallas). I miss the locations where I lived more.

tell me about it i moved so many times iveforgot what my frist housed look like

cdcox
02-19-2005, 10:01 AM
We moved out of our first house so I could go back to graduate school. Didn't own another one for 10 years.

stevieray
02-19-2005, 10:26 AM
let me know if you want to do any faux or mural work.

Phobia
02-19-2005, 10:30 AM
I"m going to be sad when we sell this place. We figure we're here for at least 3-5 years though...

http://www.hgd.com/alison/photos/trailer.jpg

Bowser
02-19-2005, 11:20 AM

Blew the axle out, huh?