PDA

View Full Version : Is Larry King senile or

stumppy
02-19-2005, 03:13 AM
is he just a fuggin idiot ?

His show tonight was about BTK. One of his first questions he asked of the "Profiler" guest was " Are we dealing with a sick individual :spock: here or is this just someone who" about that time his guest in chimed in and started giving her opinion.

Does he think BTK is perfectly sane and what he does is normal ?

That was just the beggining of several questions he asked that left me wondering how the fug does this guy still have a job.

mikey23545
02-19-2005, 06:51 AM
How the **** Larry King ever got to be where he is today absolutely baffles me.

The man is as dumb as a box of rocks.

stumppy
02-19-2005, 07:14 AM
How the **** Larry King ever got to be where he is today absolutely baffles me.

The man is as dumb as a box of rocks.

You're right. He must have some pics of someone doing the M.J. from back in the day.

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Didn't hear the exchange because I've never watched Larry King, but it sounds like an impreciseness of language, more that 'idiocy.'
I get the sense that he's trying to find out if this is someone with no concept of the difference between right and wrong [sick in his vernacular, incompetent in legalese] or someone who knows what he's doing is wrong, but does it anyway [sociopathic, or psychopathic, but competent to face judgment].

mikey23545
02-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Didn't hear the exchange because I've never watched Larry King, but it sounds like an impreciseness of language, more that 'idiocy.'
I get the sense that he's trying to find out if this is someone with no concept of the difference between right and wrong [sick in his vernacular, incompetent in legalese] or someone who knows what he's doing is wrong, but does it anyway [sociopathic, or psychopathic, but competent to face judgment].

You are giving one helluva lot of credit to the intellectual machinations of Larry King.

stumppy
02-19-2005, 08:46 AM

Rarely do I watch him but I was flipping through the channels and seen that the show was about BTK.
Trust me, he's a fuggin idiot.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2005, 09:22 AM
intellectual machinations of Larry King.Sweet, if long, band name.

chief52
02-19-2005, 09:31 AM
I watched that show and thought he came up with some "odd" statements as well. I do not have any specifics, but I remember thinking he seemed to handle things poorly.

Abba-Dabba
02-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Pat Brown isn't actually a criminal profiler. She claims she is a criminal profiler, but has never had any formal training in the field. She is a joke.

stumppy
02-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Pat Brown isn't actually a criminal profiler. She claims she is a criminal profiler, but has never had any formal training in the field. She is a joke.

I kinda got that too. Seemed like she was playing way out of her league.

Abba-Dabba
02-19-2005, 11:19 AM
I kinda got that too. Seemed like she was playing way out of her league.

She is.

IMO she is only in it for personal gain.

redfan
02-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Larry King = senile
Larry King = fuggin' eeediot

/felt bad for the guy whose family was killed...can you say "Aaaawkward"?

trndobrd
02-19-2005, 11:24 AM
senile and idiot are not mutually exclusive

stumppy
02-19-2005, 11:30 AM
She is.

IMO she is only in it for personal gain.

Yea, and to hear her talk the WPD, KBI, and FBI were all handling the case completely wrong.

badgirl
02-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I think one of the questions larry asked was "So would you say this guy is dangerous?" :banghead:

What kind of question is that? Hes a mess thats all I have to say about it. :rolleyes:

stumppy
02-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I think one of the questions larry asked was "So would you say this guy is dangerous?" :banghead:

What kind of question is that? Hes a mess thats all I have to say about it. :rolleyes:

I forgot about that one.
Saying he's a mess would be putting it mildly.

Abba-Dabba
02-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Yea, and to hear her talk the WPD, KBI, and FBI were all handling the case completely wrong.

That crap kinda pissed me off. Like Pat Brown knows how to even catch a shoplifter, let alone serial killer... :rolleyes:. A serial killer who is rewriting the book on every known thing we know about serial killers. Never once in the history of serial killers has one ever resurfaced after such a long period of no communication. What she realizes but wants to expliot for her own gain is the fact that BTK for any investigative unit would be a extremely hard challenge. So she uses the fact that he hasn't been caught as a reason to pull out the ineptitude card on those that work the case. I just wish the dumb bitch would just shut up and go back to baking cookies.

Pitt Gorilla
02-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I get the sense that he's trying to find out if this is someone with no concept of the difference between right and wrong [sick in his vernacular, incompetent in legalese] or someone who knows what he's doing is wrong, but does it anyway [sociopathic, or psychopathic, but competent to face judgment].That's what I was thinking. With the evidence provided by the topic starter, his assumptions might be dumber than King, and that's hard to do.

badgirl
02-19-2005, 11:49 AM
That's what I was thinking. With the evidence provided by the topic starter, his assumptions might be dumber than King, and that's hard to do.
When you sit and hear this moron , Larry King asking dumbass questions one after another, there is nothing to assume, hes a dumbass and thats all there is too it.

Anyone who thinks he's an intellegent man is as stupid as he is.

I've saw him on more than on occasion on different topics and he's just as stupid every time.

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 12:00 PM
When you sit and hear this moron , Larry King asking dumbass questions one after another, there is nothing to assume, hes a dumbass and thats all there is too it.

Anyone who thinks he's an intellegent man is as stupid as he is.

I've saw him on more than on occasion on different topics and he's just as stupid every time.
You're dumb. . . No you're dumb. . . NO! He's dumb.

We got a regular Algonquin kiddy's table goin' on here.

Bowser
02-19-2005, 12:04 PM

I want to know whose dad can beat up the other's.....

badgirl
02-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I want to know whose dad can beat up the other's.....
Well MY dad could beat up YOUR dad.

Oh wait my dads dead, ok I lose. :deevee:

Bowser
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Well MY dad could beat up YOUR dad.

Oh wait my dads dead, ok I lose. :deevee:

You need to teach your avatar to jump up and down. This would make me happy.

stumppy
02-19-2005, 12:11 PM

Oh YEA, you're a bugger eater.:p

badgirl
02-19-2005, 12:34 PM
A real criminal profiler is Robert Kessler, she needs to take lessons from him. I haven't even heard of that woman who was on there last night.

Cannibal
02-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Exactly.

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 12:43 PM
A real criminal profiler is Robert Kessler, she needs to take lessons from him. I haven't even heard of that woman who was on there last night.
Got to take a seminar from Mr. Ressler. My psych advisor at Truman [Sal Costa] trained under him at Quantico. Costa taught a class on serial killers, and brought him in for a week.

badgirl
02-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Got to take a seminar from Mr. Ressler. My psych advisor at Truman [Sal Costa] trained under him at Quantico. Costa taught a class on serial killers, and brought him in for a week.
Wow that would be cool, I've always been interested in seriel killers and the way they think and why they do what they do, I would like to be a psycologist for the ciminally insane, I think that would be a cool job, working for the FBI, but I'm to old to start on something like that, it would take forever to reach that point and I'd probably be 50 by then.

Damn Kids. :banghead:

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Wow that would be cool, I've always been interested in seriel killers and the way they think and why they do what they do, I would like to be a psycologist for the ciminally insane, I think that would be a cool job, working for the FBI, but I'm to old to start on something like that, it would take forever to reach that point and I'd probably be 50 by then.

Damn Kids. :banghead:
I gotta say, it's interesting stuff, but more hunchwork than science. How far off the authorities were in the DC sniper case proved that. And I'd be more scared of the effects of, essentially, stereotyping people for a living than dealing with all the depravity.
Give me hard forensics, CSI stuff, record review, subpoenas, searches and seizures and sifting through clues, over trying to 'get into the mind' of a killer anyday.

badgirl
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
I gotta say, it's interesting stuff, but more hunchwork than science. How far off the authorities were in the DC sniper case proved that. And I'd be more scared of the effects of, essentially, stereotyping people for a living than dealing with all the depravity.
Give me hard forensics, CSI stuff, record review, subpoenas, searches and seizures and sifting through clues, over trying to 'get into the mind' of a killer anyday.
THATS what I'm talking about :thumb: Oh yea good stuff

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 01:02 PM
THATS what I'm talking about :thumb: Oh yea good stuff
Also, I'd take Harris' or Patterson's job of fictionalizing all of it over all the rest.

mikey23545
02-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Just to clear something up...

I wasn't saying Larry King is a dumbass for one poorly phrased question. I am basing it on having heard his buffoonery quite a few times.

The man is a ****ing no-talent moron who must suck a helluva cock...

Baby Lee
02-19-2005, 01:35 PM

I wasn't saying Larry King is a dumbass for one poorly phrased question. I am basing it on having heard his buffonery quite a few times.

The man is a ****ing no talent moron who must suck a helluva cock...
And FTR, I've seen 10x as much of Norm McDonald playing Larry King than I've actually seen Larry King. I've probably not seen 15 minutes of LK cumulative in my lifetime.

badgirl
02-19-2005, 01:35 PM

I wasn't saying Larry King is a dumbass for one poorly phrased question. I am basing it on having heard his buffoonery quite a few times.

The man is a ****ing no-talent moron who must suck a helluva cock...
yep, thats the point I was making about the moron also, its all the time, not just one quote on one show. :thumb: