PDA

View Full Version : CMSU vs Missouri Western

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Should be a pretty good game up in St. Joe. The Gryphons are always tought to play at home.

Mules are 20-4, leading the MIAA and #6 in the nation. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Tipoff in 12 minutes.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Missouri Southern beat Northwest Missouri
Washburn beat UM-Rolla today
Didn't catch the Pittsburg St., Emporia St., Southwest Baptist or Truman St. scores.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Gryphons lead 32-21 at half.

very physical game tonight, lot of hand-checking and banging being allowed by the referees.

Mules are cold tonight, only shooting about 25% from the field. Gryphons are playing a good, agressive defense. Hopefully we'll get things turned around in the 2nd half.

Only good point is, while the referees aren't calling many fouls (and they're not), the Gryphons have two starters with 3 fouls early in the 1st half. Hopefully Kim Anderson can get the Mules to settle down and take the ball TO the Gryphons if the referees aren't going to call anything.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
34-31 Missouri Western. 10-2 run for the Mules to start the second half. This is the intensity the Mules were missing at the start of the game.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 08:53 PM
CMSU takes the lead 38-36. Suggs has hit 3 three-pointers in a row to help take the lead back from the Gryphons.

Don't know what Kim had to say to the team in the locker room, but I'm certain it wasn't reprintable here. ;)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Wow!

Great game, back and forth. Neither team can pull away from the other.

57-56 for the Mules with about 5 left in the game.

And a phantom offensive foul on the Mules wipes out a thunder jam. Ouch!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Congrats to Mo Western on their two-point win, 70-68. Only the second time all season the Mules have been held under 70 points.

Exciting finish. Mo. Western fouled Soward (CMSU) on a three point shot with 3.2 seconds to go.

Mules made the first two, missed the third one on purpose and Mules missed the put-back and the tip-in. Buzzer went off before we could take the third shot.

CMSU is now 20-5 and tied with Washburn for first place in the MIAA.

redfan
02-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Well, well, well... I'm gonna have to start doing UMKC game threads~

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2005, 11:22 PM
I figure if the KU/KSU guys do it, why not a UMKC basketball thread. I know there's a bunch of us on the board who are MIAA alumni or currently going there.

Demonpenz
02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
strong as an eagle fast as a lion no other team is half as great fight on griffons you'll win the game, victory missouri western state