PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Tried A Hennessy Sidecar?

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 10:40 AM
...Trying to clear out some of the more exotic (read: weirdo) liquors in my cabinet, I just made this one from a recipe I found on the web:

1 part Hennessy
1 part Triple Sec
1/2 part lemon juice

Shaken w/ ice and strained a-la a martini.

Anybody had this before? Thoughts?

teedubya
02-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Today, 10:40 AM :shake:

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Today, 10:40 AM :shake:

11:40, dumbass. Duhhhh... :rolleyes:

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Nope, but I made a great batch of Sangria this weekend. I only got a single glass before my wife and friends ending up sucking up every drop.

Bowser
02-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I'll drink a bottle of Hennessey you got on yo shelf....

So just let me introduce myself...

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Nope, but I made a great batch of Sangria this weekend. I only got a single glass before my wife and friends ending up sucking up every drop.

Yeah, lived in Spain for three years in the '80s...used to love going out for Sangria, stuffed mushrooms cooked in olive oil and tortilla de patata...

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah, lived in Spain for three years in the '80s...used to love going out for Sangria, stuffed mushrooms cooked in olive oil and tortilla de patata...
The heathens here like it with E&J Brandy and California Reds, but I prefer it with Soberano and an Italian or Spanish red.

StcChief
02-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Hennessy is good stuff. Never made a sidecar sounds good.

Phobia
02-20-2005, 11:13 AM
...Trying to clear out some of the more exotic (read: weirdo) liquors in my cabinet, I just made this one from a recipe I found on the web:

1 part Hennessy
1 part Triple Sec
1/2 part lemon juice

This is timely. Triple Sec and Hennessy are 2 of the 5 liquors available in my cabinet at the moment. Ironic, huh?

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 11:15 AM
This is timely. Triple Sec and Hennessy are 2 of the 5 liquors available in my cabinet at the moment. Ironic, huh?
Only 5?

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 11:16 AM
The heathens here like it with E&J Brandy and California Reds, but I prefer it with Soberano and an Italian or Spanish red.

I have nothing against Cali reds--I've found a clutchful I really enjoy, but for making sangria, a Spanish "roja" is de rigeur, IMO...

Phobia
02-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Only 5?

Yeah. I used to keep a fully stocked cabinet, but we really don't drink it very often. Plus it takes a lot of space and a lot of money. Now we just buy what we're planning to drink.

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 11:17 AM

Get off this board and go wish your wife a happy birthday!

:mad:

Phobia
02-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Get off this board and go wish your wife a happy birthday!

:mad:

She's sitting right next to me reading her birthday thread.

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll drink a bottle of Hennessey you got on yo shelf....

So just let me introduce myself...

So just let me introduce myself, my name is humpty, pronounced with the umpty, my ladies, oh how I like to funk thee.

el borracho
02-20-2005, 01:30 PM

1 part Hennessy
1 part Triple Sec
1/2 part lemon juice

I've made them before but I would not use that exact recipe because there is too much triple sec and not enough non-alcoholic mix. Try them like this:
1 oz Hennessy
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz margarita mix

BigOlChiefsfan
02-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I like sidecars, Hennessy or otherwise (I drink Maxim's cognac as a rule -- http://www.maxims-de-paris.com/# If you like cognac, this stuff is worth a trip to Berbiglea if you're in KC. It's a tasty cognac @ a good price.)

The sidecar recipe above is a little heavy on triple sec for my tastes, tho. Mine are more like 2 or 2.5 parts brandy, 1 part Cointreu or Gran Marnier (instead of Triple Sec) and 1 part fresh lemon juice. Rub the lemon rind around the cocktail glass rim and dip the moistened glass rim in sugar, like you'd 'salt' the rim of a glass for a margarita. Pretty tasty cocktail.