PDA

View Full Version : Movie Questions: Saw

Otter
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
**Spoiler Warning**

If you haven’t seen this movie yet and don’t want the ending spoiled don’t read on.

Question: Who was the killer in this movie?

Due to 2 glasses of wine and waking up at 5am I was dozing off at the end of the movie. If you seen the movie, the plot is wrapped up in about 60 seconds at the end of the film.

Movie is back at blockbuster and it's bugging me to all hell. What happened????

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 01:32 PM
The true killer was the cancer patient that Carey Elwes character was talking to the residents about and the guy laying on the middle of the floor that was supposedly dead.

The orderly was a guy who he controlled because if he didn't follow his orders he would die.

He put these people in positions to die because they didn't appreciate life.

Bwana
02-20-2005, 01:32 PM
The butler did it? :)

BigMeatballDave
02-20-2005, 01:38 PM
That movie totally kick ass! That was the most surprising ending to a film I've seen yet...

Otter
02-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks Bad Guy!!! I actually considered that conclusion but I didn't think it fit in the overall plot. I have to rent that again, I love thinker movies.

Bwana: the butler was nailing the CEOs wife at the time of the killings. He was eliminated as a suspect in the first 10 minutes.

:harumph:

ZootedGranny
02-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Saw had some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Not a bad premise, but damn Elwes was so over the top it was distracting.

Demonpenz
02-20-2005, 02:50 PM
saw was the best movie i ever saw

Sure-Oz
02-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I SAW the ending coming about halfway through, and yes the acting blew.

Bob Dole
02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Bob Dole thought it was a fairly good movie, though as mentioned, the acting was a little stiff in places.

What <i>really</i> pisses Bob Dole off are goofs that are so obvious that Bob Dole catches them on the first viewing. Anyone else notice the magic pistol switching from the wife's left hand to her right (and back to the left again) during the bedroom scene where she's telling the orderly to give her the damned phone?

BigMeatballDave
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Late in the movie, Elwes kinda looked like a young Ozzy...

Slayer Diablo
02-21-2005, 10:52 AM
They could've done a better job of acting, but the movie itself was brilliant. Sure it had some expectable parts, but the twists and picking up on certain things made it better than Seven, IMHO.

The only part I'm a little pissed off about from the movie is the part near the end where Lawrence is trying to get the cell phone with the box...he should've held it out by the edge of the top so he could bring the hollow opening of the bottom down onto the phone. I know it was a scene where he wasn't supposed to be thinking very logically, but he's been so logical up to that point that he should've at least figured that out.

Nzoner
02-21-2005, 10:59 AM
but the twists and picking up on certain things made it better than Seven, IMHO.

Humble or not it's blasphemy.

beavis
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
They could've done a better job of acting, but the movie itself was brilliant. Sure it had some expectable parts, but the twists and picking up on certain things made it better than Seven, IMHO.
Not even close. You're going to put up Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, and Kevin Spacey against Carey Elwes, Danny Glover? This was almost like watching a B movie. It was utter crap until the plot twist at the end saved it. Don't ever compare a masterpiece like Seven to a turd like this again.

Nzoner
02-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Not even close. You're going to put up Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, and Kevin Spacey against Carey Elwes, Danny Glover? This was almost like watching a B movie. It was utter crap until the plot twist at the end saved it. Don't ever compare a masterpiece like Seven to a turd like this again.

Don't forget R Lee Ermey.

I did like Saw but Seven as you put it is a masterpiece,one that's been in my personal top 10 since seeing it.

beavis
02-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Don't forget R Lee Ermey.

I did like Saw but Seven as you put it is a masterpiece,one that's been in my personal top 10 since seeing it.
That guy is great in everything. Mississippi Burning was on Showtime last night, I'd forgotten he was in that too.

Saw was ok, but it doesn't even come close to Seven in material, production, or acting.

picasso
02-21-2005, 11:57 AM

I agree!!! :thumb:

I saw it this weekend and thought that the scenes at the beginning with the death traps were pretty interesting. The doll in the wheelchair pretty disturbing, the face cage reverse trap was cool. the room of razor wire was great. The plot scenes with the two guys in the room chained to the pipes was B_O_R_I_N_G!!!! Poorly acted and badly delivered. To compare it to Seven is just wrong. If your in to the movie for the mayhem at least there were seven killed in Seven. This movie was like a great idea gone to crap on a declining budget. And what a way to totally ruin the careers of some pretty descent supporting actors. By the way did Glover even say two words in this movie? I just heard him mumble.

Slayer Diablo
02-21-2005, 12:13 PM

If you're looking at acting alone, then Seven kicked Saw's ass; however, Seven was too predictable. Seven could've had some much better twists, but they used so many clues before each event occurred it completely erased any and all surprise.

The Bad Guy
02-21-2005, 12:15 PM
If you're looking at acting alone, then Seven kicked Saw's ass; however, Seven was too predictable. Seven could've had some much better twists, but they used so many clues before each event occurred it completely erased any and all surprise.

Why don't you just be 17 instead of acting like you're 57?

Slayer Diablo
02-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Why don't you just be 17 instead of acting like you're 57?

The way I "act" is who I am...whether anyone--including myself--likes it or not, I sound older than I am most of the time. It's just something people have to deal with.

The Bad Guy
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
The way I "act" is who I am...whether anyone--including myself--likes it or not, I sound older than I am most of the time. It's just something people have to deal with.

Yeah, ok.

I could care less, but you try to hard to sound mature.

Bob Dole
02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
...I sound older than I am most of the time. It's just something people have to deal with.

So in reality, you are 9?

Slayer Diablo
02-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, ok.

You shouldn't ask such questions if you don't give a damn about the answer.

Seriously, though, I don't try.

Slayer Diablo
02-21-2005, 01:45 PM
So in reality, you are 9?

Sure.

beavis
02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
The only twist in Saw came at the very end, and after I thought about it for about 60 seconds, was so unbelievable as to make the movie completely asinine. It was on about the same level as a Chucky or Jason movie, but nothing more.

beavis
02-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, ok.

... and fail miserably at it.

Pants
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Umm, I saw SAW last night and yeah, comparing it to Seven is just plain retarded. I don't see how anybody in their right mind could say that SAW was better.

Talisman
02-21-2005, 07:00 PM
So can anyone who's seen the movie explain how it starts out with one of the guys under water? How exactly did the guy pretending to be dead on the floor (or the orderly he was forcing to do his bidding) get the guy into the bathtub and completely under the water without him waking up or without the other guy in the room hearing anything?

And the only thing Saw and Se7en have in common is the letter S.

Pants
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
So can anyone who's seen the movie explain how it starts out with one of the guys under water? How exactly did the guy pretending to be dead on the floor (or the orderly he was forcing to do his bidding) get the guy into the bathtub and completely under the water without him waking up or without the other guy in the room hearing anything?

And the only thing Saw and Se7en have in common is the letter S.

Hahaha, weird, my friend said the EXACT same thing last night. We came to conlusion that theoretically it was possible but would be extremely hard to do...

ragedogg69
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
if i remember right, there is a loud noise when the guy wakes up. purhaps it was the door closing when the orderly left?

i agree that the acting was bad and there were so many plot holes. (like the orderly being so damned evil, playing with the gun listening to the heartbeat.)