PDA

View Full Version : What CornerBack Should the Chiefs Go for

oaklandhater
02-20-2005, 05:29 PM
After all the surtain and law tlak i got to thinking Other Chief fans were thinking we should get

htismaqe
02-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Ken Lucas...

Deberg_1990
02-20-2005, 05:36 PM
No love for Samari Rolle?? or Antre Rolle?

oaklandhater
02-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Ken Lucas...

lol i just posted this

oaklandhater
02-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Woot smoot is in the lead

Garcia Bronco
02-20-2005, 06:27 PM
It depends on which one you think can get better pressure on the QB.

Mr. Christopher
02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
No need for too much pressure on the QB when playing against Plummer...here's to hoping that he never injures his salute finger :toast:

Pressure...yes pressure on the quarterback will be necessary. But I seem to remember more than a few plays where we got to the quarterback, only to have the play negated by good ole 24. Bartee is one person that can prove the "addition by subtraction" philosophy.

As for newcomers, I have to put my vote in for Fred Smoot.

BigMeatballDave
02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
I voted Smoot, but I'll take Lucas just the same...

ChiefsCountry
02-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Somehow get Law teamed up with Warfield we should be fine. Draft a young stud cornerback let him learn from Law, Sapp as the Dime CB, and #5 CB Julian Battle.

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 06:39 PM
The cheapest of the lot providing we get a big name LB

Mr. Christopher
02-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Just how hold is Law, anyway?

Garcia Bronco
02-20-2005, 06:40 PM
No need for too much pressure on the QB when playing against Plummer...here's to hoping that he never injures his salute finger :toast:

Pressure...yes pressure on the quarterback will be necessary. But I seem to remember more than a few plays where we got to the quarterback, only to have the play negated by good ole 24. Bartee is one person that can prove the "addition by subtraction" philosophy.

You can get Smoot and Law....and it won't matter if the QB as all day to throw.

Mr. Christopher
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
GB, I'm not discrediting that statement in the least. It may be one of the few times I'll ever say that I agree with a Bronco fan.

But, then there are so many holes on the Chiefs defensive side, I don't anticipate that we'll present much of an opposition on that side of the ball for at least a couple of years. Then again, there's no where else to go but up from here. :rolleyes:

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Yup, see my post two before yours.

Obviously Bailey was not the answer to your woes, I use your team as a role model why it is not as important as other positions prior to that one.

Garcia Bronco
02-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Right on...with us...last year we went out and got one of the best corners in the game....in the end....our defensive ranking did not hardly change.

Mr. Christopher
02-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Right on...with us...last year we went out and got one of the best corners in the game....in the end....our defensive ranking did not hardly change.
Then again, you were ranked in the top ten at the end of the season, weren't you?

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Then again, you were ranked in the top ten at the end of the season, weren't you?
Just like the prior year. Bailey made no difference and the lack of Portis certainly did on offense. In the end, a good defense unchanged versus a failing offense did not make any difference. Kind of like us in converse.

ChiefsCountry
02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Just think if the Chiefs had a top ten defense.....

Mr. Christopher
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Just think if the Chiefs had a top ten defense.....
:banghead:

oaklandhater
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
GB, I'm not discrediting that statement in the least. It may be one of the few times I'll ever say that I agree with a Bronco fan.

But, then there are so many holes on the Chiefs defensive side, I don't anticipate that we'll present much of an opposition on that side of the ball for at least a couple of years. Then again, there's no where else to go but up from here. :rolleyes:

Im waiting for our Def to Give up 80+ points in one game id have to say that is a alll time new low

Sure-Oz
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Dikembe Mutombo needs to try out since he isnt playing in the NBA.

Rausch
02-20-2005, 09:15 PM

We were 5th in the league this year in rushing the passer. We don't have a problem creating a rush with our front four. Our problems was an opposing QB knew that if he had 2 seconds to throw and the blitz was comming, just lob it up there deep. Whoever was playing opposite Warfield would fail to make the play 9 out of 10 times...

Hammock Parties
02-20-2005, 09:42 PM
We were 5th in the league this year in rushing the passer. We don't have a problem creating a rush with our front four. Our problems was an opposing QB knew that if he had 2 seconds to throw and the blitz was comming, just lob it up there deep. Whoever was playing opposite Warfield would fail to make the play 9 out of 10 times...

I'm going to disagree with you. We created pressure, but mostly because of Gunther's blitzing schemes. When our front 4 was left to it's own devices, I'd say they were slightly above average. Hicks is pathetic on the pass rush most of the time.

I think an upgrade at LDE is badly needed. THEN we'll have a front 4 to be reckoned with, and whoever we bring in at corner will benefit.

milkman
02-20-2005, 10:24 PM

Exactly, which is why I've been saying sign a corner, I voted Lucas, but Smoot would be ok, sign a MLB, Hartwell, and draft a DE and OLB with the first 2 picks.

With this plan, we improve every unit of our D.

htismaqe
02-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Exactly, which is why I've been saying sign a corner, I voted Lucas, but Smoot would be ok, sign a MLB, Hartwell, and draft a DE and OLB with the first 2 picks.

With this plan, we improve every unit of our D.

That's what I've come to as well.

Free Agent #1 CB
Free Agent MLB

Draft DE, OLB, and then CB and S

milkman
02-20-2005, 10:31 PM
That's what I've come to as well.

Free Agent #1 CB
Free Agent MLB

Draft DE, OLB, and then CB and S

Yeah.
We've been on the same page since season's end.

Inspector
02-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I hear SNR's turd is showing a lot of promise.

KCWolfman
02-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I hear SNR's turd is showing a lot of promise.
Only if it weighs 270 lbs and knows to sit down and stfu

Digital Takawira
02-21-2005, 03:51 AM
see sig.