PDA

View Full Version : This mock would cause a riot

kc rush
02-21-2005, 03:58 PM
There will be riots in the streets of Kansas City if this mock draft comes true.

LINK (http://www.thehuddlereport.com)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see their mock. They have KC picking Pac Man Jones first (no problems there), then three offensive players who have character issues, health issues, or are complete projects, before addressing the defense again.

15 - Pac Man Jones - CB - West Virginia
46 - Chris Henry - WR - West Virginia (character questions, immature)
110 - Frank Gore - RB - Miami (bad knees)
138 - Derek Anderson - QB - Oregon State (has potential, but is a project)
141 - Eric Moore - DE - Florida State
153 - Andre Madox - S - NC State
172 - Adam Seward - ILB - UNLV
184 - Eric Coleman - DT - Clemson
215 - Matthew Tant - FB - Vanderbilt

King_Chief_Fan
02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
There will be riots in the streets of Kansas City if this mock draft comes true.

LINK (http://www.thehuddlereport.com)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see their mock. They have KC picking Pac Man Jones first (no problems there), then three offensive players who have character issues, health issues, or are complete projects, before addressing the defense again.

15 - Pac Man Jones - CB - West Virginia
46 - Chris Henry - WR - West Virginia (character questions, immature)
110 - Frank Gore - RB - Miami (bad knees)
138 - Derek Anderson - QB - Oregon State (has potential, but is a project)
141 - Eric Moore - DE - Florida State
153 - Andre Madox - S - NC State
172 - Adam Seward - ILB - UNLV
184 - Eric Coleman - DT - Clemson
215 - Matthew Tant - FB - Vanderbilt

where do they get this stuff. Unless I hear it from the front office, I am not going to worry about it. Half of the picks gong to offense? No effin way.

redbrian
02-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I would love to hear the logic behind that third pick.

teedubya
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
that looks EXACTLY like something KC would do. :cuss:

HC_Chief
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM

That dude is a badass RB.
Last thing we need, I know, but he has the potential to shred in the NFL.

Frosty
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Depending on free agency, I don't have a problem with this draft, EXCEPT for the Frank Gore pick. No way do the Chiefs need a running back that high.

I also think there will be better CB than Jones available at the 15th pick.

Henry is a major talent (may be a headcase, though). If the Chiefs pick up a CB and LB in free agency, this would be a good pick.

FWIW, Derek Anderson may be a project, but I think he'll end up being an excellent Pro QB. He needs time on the bench, but he got better every year in a pass happy offense. I would love the Chiefs to pick him up for their QBOTF.

Brock
02-21-2005, 04:15 PM
where do they get this stuff. Unless I hear it from the front office, I am not going to worry about it. Half of the picks gong to offense? No effin way.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. KC's drafts rarely make sense from a fan's standpoint.

NaptownChief
02-21-2005, 04:21 PM
That draft would have me doing a back flip....Jones would give us a badly needed CB(would prefer Carlos Rogers but Jones would be just fine) Chris Henry is probably the best WR talent in the draft after Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards(has had off the field issues but still a huge talent at a need position), Frank Gore as a freshman is the most impressive combination of quickness, speed and power I have seen at the college level since Bo Jackson(has had two knee injuries but love his upside at this point in the draft) and Derrek Anderson has the best looking arm in the draft(makes more mistakes than you would like but has a really big upside if his mistakes are reduced)

This draft would never happen cause it would be way too good for Carl Peterson.

BigVE
02-21-2005, 04:26 PM
This MOCK has as much "accuracy" and "credibility" as ANY other mock...they are all B.S. We all know there is no way in hell that we can guess what our front office will do come draft day, why bother?

kc rush
02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
This MOCK has as much "accuracy" and "credibility" as ANY other mock...they are all B.S. We all know there is no way in hell that we can guess what our front office will do come draft day, why bother?

For entertainment purposes and discussion points only.

BigVE
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Im not berating anyone at all, Im just saying that it seems utterly pointless is all. For me they just make it that much more irritating when we dont get any of the players that we "mocked" about.

CosmicPal
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
That draft would have me doing a back flip....Jones would give us a badly needed CB(would prefer Carlos Rogers but Jones would be just fine) Chris Henry is probably the best WR talent in the draft after Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards(has had off the field issues but still a huge talent at a need position), Frank Gore as a freshman is the most impressive combination of quickness, speed and power I have seen at the college level since Bo Jackson(has had two knee injuries but love his upside at this point in the draft) and Derrek Anderson has the best looking arm in the draft(makes more mistakes than you would like but has a really big upside if his mistakes are reduced)

I happen to agree- throw in Eric Moore on the other side of Jared Allen and that would be a nice combination IMO. All of those guys have tremendous upside- I wouldn't be disappointed with this draft either.

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 04:39 PM
To be honest, I'm just looking for a reason to riot anyway.

kc rush
02-21-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm no draftnick, but I do like seeing what people think. You have to wonder what some of these "experts" are thinking though when they don't take into account the profile of the staff or the needs of the team.

Henry may have loads of talent, but he doesn't sound like he fits the DV profile.

It sounds like Gore had tons of talent early in his college career, but now his knees are shot and he has lost a ton of speed. As bad is our D is, there is no way we draft a 3rd string running back that high.

Anderson may be a nice project with the 4th pick, but there is no way to justify picking him if the second and third picks were on offense.

kc rush
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
To be honest, I'm just looking for a reason to riot anyway.

Good man :thumb:

eazyb81
02-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm no draftnick, but I do like seeing what people think. You have to wonder what some of these "experts" are thinking though when they don't take into account the profile of the staff or the needs of the team.

Henry may have loads of talent, but he doesn't sound like he fits the DV profile.

It sounds like Gore had tons of talent early in his college career, but now his knees are shot and he has lost a ton of speed. As bad is our D is, there is no way we draft a 3rd string running back that high.

Anderson may be a nice project with the 4th pick, but there is no way to justify picking him if the second and third picks were on offense.

I think the "profile" is sometimes used as a copout for not going after players the fans or media wants them to. Sure, we don't sign some players with a bad history, but does Jared Allen fit the "profile"? He had his own share of problems in high school and college but we still took him in the draft.

NaptownChief
02-21-2005, 04:54 PM

Just depends on what they spend their FA money on...if they buy a couple key FA defenders then all of these picks would make sense. As for the DV "profile" bs it is nothing more than bs....Eric Warfield is ringing up DUI's like lap dances and Larry Johnson is raising the pimp hand at his old lady and Jared Allen has a rap sheet as long as John Holmes yet they are Chiefs so I don't want to hear about some bogus profile. I'm not busting on you specifically as I realize this is a common belief which is nothing more than an excuse thrown out to justify why they regualarly miss on good talent.

ZootedGranny
02-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Andre Maddox at that spot would be a steal. The rest of the mock...ehhhh.

Kyle401
02-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm hoping (even though I should probably know better) that Peterson will use at least 2 of our first three picks on DEF. Hopefully by now he realizes that you have to fill some holes with your impact picks not just draft a 3rd string RB in the first round. I know LJ looks like a player, but what has that pick cost our defense? Pitt used the pick we traded them to select T. Polamalu. We used the pick we got from Pitt on J. Battle.

If we hadn't selected Johnson, we could re-sign Blaylock and draft or pick up a RBOTF this year as there seems like there will be a glut. Unless LJ developes into one of the top 10 RB of all time, Peterson will never sell that draft as a good draft.

:shake:

Kris Kringle
02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Last thing we need, I know, but he has the potential to shred in the NFL. We'll need a 3rd RB if we lose Blaylock. I'm not saying we should use a 3rd pick on a RB, but we will need one.

DTLB58
02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Hidden within this mock is the info we all of been searching, What exactly are all our draft picks per each round? Thanks! :thumb:

HC_Chief
02-21-2005, 05:58 PM
We'll need a 3rd RB if we lose Blaylock. I'm not saying we should use a 3rd pick on a RB, but we will need one.

Agreed... and we certainly could do worse than Gore. He seriously could be the 'next Terrell Davis" : HUGE potential, but knee injuries in college make teams shy away on draft day.

Ultra Peanut
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM
I would not be upset with Anderson in the fourth. Don't know enough about Henry to speculate, and I'd hate the Gore pick.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Last thing we need, I know, but he has the potential to shred in the NFL.
He's also dumber than a box of rocks.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
We'll need a 3rd RB if we lose Blaylock. I'm not saying we should use a 3rd pick on a RB, but we will need one.
Dar-ren Spr-oles.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I would not be upset with Anderson in the fourth. Don't know enough about Henry to speculate, and I'd hate the Gore pick.
Gore is talented physically, but he is damaged goods, and seriously effin stupid. When you can barely graduate from Miami, you've got issues.

eazyb81
02-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Gore is talented physically, but he is damaged goods, and seriously effin stupid. When you can barely graduate from Miami, you've got issues.

I don't care how dumb he is, at least he isn't a midget like Sproles. I doubt Sproles will be able to handle a full workload in the NFL, he will be more of a scat back/return man.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I don't care how dumb he is, at least he isn't a midget like Sproles. I doubt Sproles will be able to handle a full workload in the NFL, he will be more of a scat back/return man.
Probably. I'd still take the "midget" over the dumbass.

Ultra Peanut
02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I'd take the midget over the guy who's had seven billion injuries in the past five years.

Maybe he'll be like Jamal Lewis and get healthy for the NFL, but he's a risk.

Eleazar
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Probably. I'd still take the "midget" over the dumbass.

There are plenty of dumbasses in the NFL but I don't know of any midgets.

whoman69
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
nobody questions that this mock will also have us drafting our sixth DT since Vermeil came here. Is there a reason we need a low round DT that badly? Its not like he's a safety or anything.

eazyb81
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
I'd take the midget over the guy who's had seven billion injuries in the past five years.

Maybe he'll be like Jamal Lewis and get healthy for the NFL, but he's a risk.

Of course he's a risk, but aren't all 3rd round picks? I would say his potential out weighs his risk, but honestly I don't want a full-on Runningback Gate if he ends up doing well.

milkman
02-21-2005, 06:50 PM
There are plenty of dumbasses in the NFL but I don't know of any midgets.

Uh, how tall is Dante Hall?

Ultra Peanut
02-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I really would rather not have either, of course.

Eleazar
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Uh, how tall is Dante Hall?

I meant dumbass feature backs.

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
nobody questions that this mock will also have us drafting our sixth DT since Vermeil came here. Is there a reason we need a low round DT that badly? Its not like he's a safety or anything.

I guess I just assumed that we'd convert him to cornerback.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Apparently they've checked over our draft history...

:spock:

Dayze
02-22-2005, 11:52 AM
this looks exactly like a Chiefs draft.

other than the 15th pick......
The Cheifs would blow that one too.

Brock
02-22-2005, 12:06 PM
He's also dumber than a box of rocks.

How smart does a running back have to be? Me have ball. Me run fast.

ck_IN
02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey at least we got our requisite FB. Can't too many drafted FB's.

Otter
02-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Any longtime Chiefs fan knew this mock was a bunch of crap when they had them picking a QB at all let alone in the 4th round.

KCTitus
02-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey at least we got our requisite FB. Can't too many drafted FB's.

Yeah, but he's an awful reach at that pick...I cant believe that Carl was stupid enough to waste such a critical pick on a FB that's that big of a reach.

KCTitus
02-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Any longtime Chiefs fan knew this mock was a bunch of crap when they had them picking a QB at all let alone in the 4th round.

Well, Derek is no Elkins or Blundin...

ck_IN
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
<i>Yeah, but he's an awful reach at that pick...I cant believe that Carl was stupid enough to waste such a critical pick on a FB that's that big of a reach.</i>

Yeah he's no Omar Easy thats for sure!

J Diddy
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
How smart does a running back have to be? Me have ball. Me run fast.

sounds like Go bo