PDA

View Full Version : Excluding sporting activities, when is the last time you fell down?

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm talking about falling down because you slipped or tripped or something, not something planned like hustling for a fumble or unvoidable like getting hit by a bus.

My wife and I decided to have dinner in the TV room upstairs in our house on Saturday night. I was walking up the stairs with my dinner, and caught a toe on the second-to-top step. It kind of tripped me up, and then I caught it again on the next step as I tried to catch myself. With my hands full, there was nothing I could do and I ended up sprawled on the floor. (I'm proud to say, though, that keeping my arms up and landing flat, I didn't lose my dinner and only lost about 20 percent of my glass of water.)

Before that, I can't even remember the last time I tripped or slipped bad enough to actually hit the ground. Not even in snow.

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Does sex count as "sporting activity?"

Phobia
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Never have.

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Does sex count as "sporting activity?"

If it doesn't....well, it's part of the masturbatory experience for me; I fall out of the chair.

CosmicPal
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I can't honestly recall the last time...even with my drinking. I have a friend of mine though who would fall down every time he got drunk.

The Rick
02-21-2005, 04:11 PM
A little over a year ago, I was walking down a flight of stairs at work. I somehow tripped on one of the steps about half way down and stumbled/ran down the rest of the stairs trying to catch my balance.

I ended up crashing into the plaster wall at the bottom head first. I didn't knock myself out, but was really woozy for a few minutes. I had a major headache for a couple of days after that one.

I'm amazed I didn't knock myself out. Imagine running down a flight of stairs and crashing into the wall at the bottom head first without letting up. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I can't honestly recall the last time...even with my drinking. I have a friend of mine though who would fall down every time he got drunk.

Hell, for you it had to be the time that oriental chick Kung-Fu'ed your ass. :hmmm:

:p

CosmicPal
02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Hell, for you it had to be the time that oriental chick Kung-Fu'ed your ass. :hmmm:

:p

That's not "falling" down. That's getting Kung-Fu'd in the nuts. All men would heel to the ground from that episode.

BigVE
02-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I slipped on some ice/snow a couple of years ago. I fell straight sideways onto my right shoulder and banged the side of my head on the ground. It happened so quick that it almost seemed UNreal...one moment I was walking along and the next moment I was sideways with snow in my hair! It really didnt hurt that bad either surprisingly. One other time I really fell hard was when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I was at the local swimming pool. I was walking around the pool when I slipped and fell sideways (again) and didnt ever hit the ground...my fall was broken by my head slamming up against one of the steel poles that supported the diving board. Didnt do much swimming after that...as far as I can remember.

lardass
02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I manage to land on my ass about once a year. I still haven't found a profitable place to fall though; I should really work on that. :banghead:

Usually I eat ass like a moron on my icy driveway at least once every winter. It's just karma for laughing at everyone else who takes a spill under the same circumstances.

Nzoner
02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I tripped and fell going up the steps at Arrowhead last year and no I wasn't that drunk it was those damn narrow steps,yeah that's it.

BigVE
02-21-2005, 04:28 PM
I tripped and fell going up the steps at Arrowhead last year and no I wasn't that drunk it was those damn narrow steps,yeah that's it.

HEY! I dont know you, but if your a bit over the hill and originally from the St. Louis area there is a good chance you get some money out of this organization! :)

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm amazed I didn't knock myself out. Imagine running down a flight of stairs and crashing into the wall at the bottom head first without letting up. :shake:

Yeah, I was glad that I was going upstairs when I fell. Falling up stairs isn't nearly as bad as falling down stairs.

Our house has a back staircase and a front staircase. The back staircase is kind of small and steep, and it makes two 90-degree turns on the way down. If you're walking down the stairs, the first 90-degree turn occurs at a window that's essentially at foot level, and there's no landing. I've always been kind of careful about it because if you fall on the first couple of steps you'll go right through that window and then another 8 or 9 feet to the ground.

A few years back, we met a guy who used to live in our house. As we were talking, he mentioned that one time he was hustling down the back stairs and missed the top step. He said he was grabbing everything he could to keep from going out that window, and still ended up breaking it.

Jenny Gump
02-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I fell down at work, in the parking lot, about six months ago. My heel got stuck in a street grate. Ahhh...Good times.

Nzoner
02-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I wonder if Stevie and gobo will reply to this thread :D

Sure-Oz
02-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I was hammered friday night and fell over a couch 2 times and then on top of a chick the 3rd time.

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Heh-heh. I know about stevie kissing the turf at Arrowhead, but what happened to gobo?

Rausch
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
The Superbowl...

MOhillbilly
i fell down the basement steps about a month ago. I fell up the basement steps and shoved my hand/arm through the window.
I fell down two months ago and put a dent in my buddies car.
i fall alot.

Nzoner
Heh-heh. I know about stevie kissing the turf at Arrowhead, but what happened to gobo?

He took a dive down our deck steps the night before the 37 Forever party,I was like,"OH Shit!!!"

Phobia
02-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Heh heh. Nice.

Hammock Parties
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I almost took a spill when I was out hiking the other day. I can't remember the last time.

Skip Towne
I fell down at work, in the parking lot, about six months ago. My heel got stuck in a street grate. Ahhh...Good times.
If I'd been there, I'd have laughed.

morphius
I tried really hard to fall on my ass last night, but was saved by the railing. I think about once a year I may fall goofing around running up the stairs. Outside of that, I can remember slipping on some ice sometime around 1994.

Rausch
02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
i fell down the basement steps about a month ago. I fell up the basement steps and shoved my hand/arm through the window.
I fell down two months ago and put a dent in my buddies car.
i fall alot.

We really should go out drinking some time...

Jenny Gump
02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
If I'd been there, I'd have laughed.

Well duh. I did.

Rausch
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM

Yeah, that's what Endlet said when HE tried hugging a frat boy around the waist...

MOhillbilly
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
We really should go out drinking some time...

im game.

Jenny Gump
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, that's what Endlet said when HE tried hugging a frat boy around the waist...ROFL

redbrian
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Took a dive in the mud at a job site today.

The mud at this site is slicker than snot and just as sticky.

You gain 10 pounds just walking from your truck to the building.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Took a dive in the mud at a job site today.

The mud at this site is slicker than snot and just as sticky.

You gain 10 pounds just walking from your truck to the building.

stilts are bitchin.

Rain Man
02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Hmm, I didn't think about drunk stumbling when I made this thread. It makes sense that there'd be a lot of falling around here.

Miles
02-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Last i can remember was about a year ago in a bar in Dallas. As my friends and i were leaving i stood up and almost immedialty dropped my glass and tripped.

Dayze
02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
more often than not.

I have these dang comfortable slip on sketchers that have the sole with the grip of goose sh*t. Sometimes while traversing my stairs, I do the death slide - where life flashes before your eyes whilst becoming one with gravity.