PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

Deberg_1990
02-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Anyone seen this yet? Just curious if its worth my time or not? The previews look pretty good. Ive never read the comic.

oaklandhater
02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Anyone seen this yet? Just curious if its worth my time or not? The previews look pretty good. Ive never read the comic.

i saw it better matrix reloaded and revolution. Bottom line it wasnt oscar worthy but i enjoyed it

BigVE
02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
It was nothing special, but not bad. See it at a matinee and save a few bucks, its not worth full price IMO.

Digital Takawira
02-22-2005, 05:35 AM
i saw it better matrix reloaded and revolution.

agree, but thats not setting the bar very high.

the brass knuckles with crosses on them were just a little ridiculous.

Slayer Diablo
02-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Watching "Constantine" is like reading Stephen King's "Black House"...the beginning is a bit confusing, there's no real plot until about half-way through, but it takes off in the second half and ends up being a pretty good movie with a few parts that'll at least get a chuckle outta ya.

KCWolfman
02-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Horribly inaccurate from a religious standpoint, storyline was nothing like the graphic novel created, and honestly Keanu Reeves has to be one of the worst actors of our generation. Give him a role where he doesn't know what is going on and he fits right in. Give him something where he is supposed to show insight and intelligence and he looks lost.

We saw it Sunday, I would give it 1 to 1.5 stars on a 5

Eleazar
02-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Horribly inaccurate from a religious standpoint, storyline was nothing like the graphic novel created, and honestly Keanu Reeves has to be one of the worst actors of our generation. Give him a role where he doesn't know what is going on and he fits right in. Give him something where he is supposed to show insight and intelligence and he looks lost.

We saw it Sunday, I would give it 1 to 1.5 stars on a 5

That sucks. Looked like a film that had potential, a good concept anyway.

KCWolfman
02-22-2005, 08:13 AM
That sucks. Looked like a film that had potential, a good concept anyway.
Great graphic novel from the early 80s.

It is one of those "if you turn your mind off" films. I resent paying that much money to "turn my mind off". I wish I had seen Hitch instead.

morphius
02-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Great graphic novel from the early 80s.

It is one of those "if you turn your mind off" films. I resent paying that much money to "turn my mind off". I wish I had seen Hitch instead.
LOL! We saw Hitch instead, pretty good movie.

KCWolfman
02-22-2005, 08:19 AM
LOL! We saw Hitch instead, pretty good movie.
I thought it would be. It has been a while since I have seen a romantic comedy that was worth paying attention.

What was the one where Goldie Hawn sneaks in Steve Martin's house and pretends to be his wife? That was good. Heck, the Out of Towners with both of them was good.

kc rush
02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I won't see anything with Kenanoo in it. His acting is so bad it is unwatchable. If his films start flopping, hopefully Hollywood will stop calling.

morphius
02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
I thought it would be. It has been a while since I have seen a romantic comedy that was worth paying attention.

What was the one where Goldie Hawn sneaks in Steve Martin's house and pretends to be his wife? That was good. Heck, the Out of Towners with both of them was good.
That movie doesn't ring a bell.

I don't normally like to go to movie theaters for romantic comedy's, watching them on the home TV is just as good.

KCWolfman
02-22-2005, 08:31 AM
That movie doesn't ring a bell.

I don't normally like to go to movie theaters for romantic comedy's, watching them on the home TV is just as good.
I used to think the same thing, but after watching a few older films on the big screen I have changed my mind.

Quality acting like Cary Grant in Arsenic and Old Lace or Rock Hudson and Tony Randall in Pillow Talk are much better on a big screen.

And it is not just romantic comedies but any film with a remarkable performance. I think I am just burning out on special effects being substituted for storylines.

redfan
02-22-2005, 08:45 AM
What was the one where Goldie Hawn sneaks in Steve Martin's house and pretends to be his wife?

The Housesitter, I think.

picasso
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't think that it was meant to be religiously correct. I saw the movie Sunday and I would give it a 3.5 out of 5. The beginning was awesome and the ending was pretty cool. I liked it a lot. The thing that I didn't like about it was the female cop, can't remember her name, from "The Mummy". The whole movie could have been done without her. Even plot wise they could have twisted it just a bit to get rid of her completely and it would have been a 4.5 out of 5. A part two is out of the question cause they killed off all of Constantines posse. What a shame, it could have been a cult movie like "Blade" but better. Bottom line I would own it same as I own Dogma just for the religious blasphemis value of it, and the effects.