PDA

View Full Version : What was your least favorite Chiefs game this year?

Rain Man
02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Same drill, but more choices (sigh).

Poll coming. The defense can't stop it.

cookster50
02-22-2005, 02:34 PM
@Donkeys

Hammock Parties
02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
The final SD game. The Chiefs were gutless wonders against SD's second and third-stringers. One of the worst Chiefs games I've ever seen...

Wallcrawler
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
The final SD game. The Chiefs were gutless wonders against SD's second and third-stringers. One of the worst Chiefs games I've ever seen...

Yep.

Horrible performance. It was like the Chiefs ended their season a week earlier or something. Our starters vs their scrubs. We play for pride and the win, and they play to just not get anyone hurt, and we still lose the game.

Absolute worst game of the year. Especially because it was the last Chiefs game of the season. It would have been better to end the season with a win.

Rain Man
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
The Saints game just killed me. It destroyed my last tattered remnants of hope.

The Buccaneers game wasn't far behind.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I'd say the offense underperformed in 7 of those losses....

Nice job, Dick.

Predarat
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
That Texans game. Theres a bunch of them though!

bobbything
02-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Either the Tejans or Carolina game. I thought those set the tone for the rest of the season.

Although I thought that the Jax game was pathetic.

shaneo69
02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Has to be the season-opening Denver game. I hate losing to those jagoffs.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
making Griese look like good

tk13
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I picked the Jaguars game. We were getting beat the whole game, then found a way to gut it out and fight back until that great play from Trent to Priest gave us the lead, then we proceed to fall apart. Miss an PAT, the defense actually makes a 4th and 1 stop, miss a FG, then watch as the defense falls apart as the Jags march down and win it. If we win that game we're 4-3 after the Colts game and maybe the season takes a different turn. Either way that game was a killer after the momentum we had from the Ravens game and the fact that it came off a bye week.

siberian khatru
02-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I've narrowed it to three:

1. The Texans game. Was in the bag, a W still had time to turn the season around.

2. The Jags game. Offense let us down. Had a chance to put it away.

3. The last Chargers game. We played like shit against scrubs. Very disappointing effort.

kc rush
02-22-2005, 03:12 PM
I hate the donx so much, anytime we lose to them is double the pain to me.

cdcox
02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Pretty much any of the losses during weeks 2-9. In each of those games we lost winnable games to what I consider to be inferior teams. Those were the games that sent the season into the toilet.

If I had to pick one, I guess I'd say the TB game. Watching Warfied getting punched in the face while he tried to make a mamby-pamby tackle, was the epitome of the defensive play for the year.

Calcountry
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
When Green threw that INT return against the Texans. We dominated TOP, yet they win.

Saulbadguy
02-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Where are the guys who wanted to lose to get a higher draft pick?

Thig Lyfe
02-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, man... all 9 losses were awful... I'll go with the Saints one because they just blew it so badly.

tommykat
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
The Texan game...............I was there, I kept thinking wtf is going on!! Also sat a few rows up from the tunnel and had to watch them smirk....:Lin:

Nzoner
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I went with the Texans because it ruined what was otherwise a perfect 37 Forever weekend.

FloridaChief
02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
The Saints game just killed me. It destroyed my last tattered remnants of hope.

The Buccaneers game wasn't far behind.

It's like you literally scooped up my brains and splattered my thoughts on your post. The Bucs loss put a huge dent into my playoff hopes but the Saints game utterly devestated me. Even with our dreadful defense, we *should* have beaten NO into the ground--that entire organization was in complete chaos when we played them. IIRC, the GM and Haslett weren't even on speaking terms the week before the game.

After this loss, I dragged myself around society like a gut-shot bear...terrible, terrible...

Bwana
02-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Looking back, I would have to say week one against the donks. It was a sign of things to come.

Rain Man
02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I went with the Texans because it ruined what was otherwise a perfect 37 Forever weekend.

So seeing gobo do a header down the stairs was part of a perfect weekend, eh?

sd4chiefs
02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
I picked the Jaguars game. We were getting beat the whole game, then found a way to gut it out and fight back until that great play from Trent to Priest gave us the lead, then we proceed to fall apart. Miss an PAT, the defense actually makes a 4th and 1 stop, miss a FG, then watch as the defense falls apart as the Jags march down and win it. If we win that game we're 4-3 after the Colts game and maybe the season takes a different turn. Either way that game was a killer after the momentum we had from the Ravens game and the fact that it came off a bye week.

After this game I just laid in bed curled up in a fetal position for the rest of the day. :deevee:

CosmicPal
02-22-2005, 04:10 PM
This year?

We haven't had a game this year....

Bearcat
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
The Texans game.... along with the obvious frustration, a guy 3 rows behind me with a kid on his shoulders had something to say about every damn play...... way to go refs, about time you got one right, what about the holding (you know, because from the 3rd row/lower bowl on the goaline you can pick out holding on the left tackle on the other freakin' 20), nice one Trent, what the hell was that :banghead:

If it wasn't for that guy, probably the Bucs game (ruined an otherwise great trip to NZoner's) or Saints game (what Rain Man said).

Nzoner
02-22-2005, 04:15 PM
So seeing gobo do a header down the stairs was part of a perfect weekend, eh?

I gave him a 10

Mr. Kotter
02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Losing to the Saints after losing to the Bucs. You KNEW, deep down, the season was over. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

|Zach|
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Losing to the Saints after losing to the Bucs. You KNEW, deep down, the season was over. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Can we try to get a name and stick with it?

Hammock Parties
02-22-2005, 04:25 PM

That was gut wrenching...I thought we had it won after the 4th-and-1 stop...then our gutless offense couldn't sack up and get a first down.

Nzoner
02-22-2005, 04:46 PM

This game still pisses me off,I was in Vegas for the first time with an internet football group watching at Caesar's.

Had we not lost I'm sure I wouldn't have drank and gambled the rest of the day away.

Demonpenz
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Where are the guys who wanted to lose to get a higher draft pick?

I am here, and will be here when the chiefs fans are rooting to beat a team to get to 8-8.

Big Chief Homer
02-22-2005, 07:31 PM
the aints game.we should have run up and down the field on them,the score should have been worse than the falcons game.

that was a gimme and we gave them an early christmas present.

Frazod
02-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Week 3 versus the Texans.

That's the only one I DROVE 500 F#CKING MILES TO WATCH!

:cuss:

Rausch
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Texans...

Pants
02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I almost ****ing flipped my TV over while watching the Texans game. Gah! I've only been pissed more during KU games.

Spott
02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Both the Jags and the Bucs games, especially because I was at both of them. We should have won both of them and managed to screw them both up. In the Jax game, we had the game wrapped up and Dick Vermeil decides to try a FG on 4th and 1 instead of going for it which cost us the game. Then a few weeks later we make Brian Griese look like Joe Montana.

Nzoner
02-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Week 3 versus the Texans.

That's the only one I DROVE 500 F#CKING MILES TO WATCH!

:cuss:

But you got a new shirt.

Frazod
02-22-2005, 08:01 PM
But you got a new shirt.

Two, actually.

Obviously before I went to the game.... :#

Mr. Kotter
02-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Can we try to get a name and stick with it?

Talk to the mods, heh. :shrug:

Talisman
02-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Texans game. Without question. Right when we're getting ready to stick a knife in them and go up by 14, we screw the pooch. 0-3 is just a huge hole to start the season in.

whoman69
02-22-2005, 09:35 PM
We gave up alot of games in the 4th quarter this year, but I'd have to call it the Saints game because of the way Blaylock ran all over them.

big nasty kcnut
02-22-2005, 09:37 PM
The chargers loss they just gave up.

ChiefFripp
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
yes

HemiEd
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
The last game, they absolutly looked bad. You knew it was the last game and that has to be it until next year. Worst game effort of the year without a doubt. :banghead:

DaKCMan AP
02-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Panthers, Texans, or Saints because we were ahead in all of them and never should have lost. IIRC, we were up 10-0 or 14-0 in the Saints game.

Honorable mention: Jags game, because I was there and would have liked to have seen them win.

Rain Man
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
The sad thing about that list is that I see numerous games that we flat-out should've won. Carolina, Houston, Tampa, New Orleans, one of the Charger games, and maybe Jacksonville.

I'm not too overwrought about splitting with Denver, even if they've got Jake Plummer, and losing one of two to San Diego would be tolerable given they way they played this year. Of course, New England is a solid team with a genius coach and the best quarterback since Hannibal.

How were we not 12-4 or 13-3 last year? How?

DaKCMan AP
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
How were we not 12-4 or 13-3 last year? How?

The defense failed every week. While in 2003 the offense and special teams often made up the difference, last year, in many games, they didn't.

SCTrojan
02-23-2005, 02:23 PM
So much tragedy to choose from. I gotta agree with those who said the Houston game. 102-yard TD return with us ready to go up 14 was a backbreaker. How the hell was the ball not in Priest's hands on that play? Two yards to go, four shots, best O-line in football, I'm thinking Priest gets in, oh, about 100% of the time.

Phobia
02-23-2005, 02:35 PM
So much tragedy to choose from. I gotta agree with those who said the Houston game. 102-yard TD return with us ready to go up 14 was a backbreaker. How the hell was the ball not in Priest's hands on that play? Two yards to go, four shots, best O-line in football, I'm thinking Priest gets in, oh, about 100% of the time.

I voted Saints game because we gave that one away and it essentially ended our season, but I wish I had voted for the Texans game. I was there and that game was brutal to watch. That one Al Saunders mistake for the 14 point swing made it impossible to overcome the refs that day.

morphius
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
I chose the first Denver game, it was the only loss that we were really never in the game.

Freekofnature
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Least favorite?

Those games were all good games in my book.

Hell some even fantastic.

OrlandoChief
02-23-2005, 03:35 PM
The Texans loss at home was alike a hard dose of reality that the season was going to be a total waiste.... The Saints loss gets my second vote for being the official "nail in the coffin".

Dayze
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
...I'd say any of the games where the Chiefs had a chance to tie/win until a 4th down Trent Green fumble on the Chiefs final possession.