PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Three Signees to play on the McDonalds All-American Team

royr17
02-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Here’s the player Bios from the McD’s game. All three players will be on the West squad:

MARIO CHALMERS
Bartlett High School - Anchorage, AK
Hometown: Anchorage, AK
Height: 6’2 - Weight: 180 - Position: Guard
PPG 27.0 - APG 6.0 - SPG 8.0
College: Kansas

Mario Chalmers is one of the most complete players in this year’s class. He can score from anywhere on the court, possessing a lethal three-point shot and great driving ability. He is mature beyond his years and constantly making his teammates better, getting them open shots. As a junior, he carried Bartlett to the state championship game, leading the team in points, assists, steals and even blocked shots. He also converted 90% of his free throws. Mario is a three-time All-State selection and two-time Alaska State Player of the Year. He will join Julian Wright and Micah Downs at Kansas next season.

MICAH DOWNS
Juanita High School - Kirkland, WA
Hometown: Bothell, WA
Height: 6’8 - Weight: 192 - Position: Guard
PPG 24.0 - RPG 13.0 - BPG 2.0

Micah is an exceptional athlete who has a 37-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot wingspan and adept ball handling skills for a player 6’8. He is also a very hard worker and displays exceptional explosiveness off the dribble and an accurate mid range jumper. Micah is one of the most fun players to watch because he does a little bit of everything. He can block shots, rebound the basketball and has a great feel for the game. He averaged 19 points, 12 rebounds and four assists as a junior at Juanita High School. Micah will attend Kansas in the fall.

JULIAN WRIGHT
Homewood-Flossmoor High School - Flossmoor, IL
Hometown: Chicago Heights, IL
Height: 6’9 - Weight: 215 - Position: Forward
PPG 14.0 - RPG 8.0 - APG 4.0

Julian is a powerful defender who is extremely exciting to watch because of his ability to make highlight plays. He plays with a lot of flair and has proven to be a team leader, leading his school to many big victories. At 6’9, Julian has terrific court awareness and the ability to distribute the ball, which he can effectively do with either hand. He excels at slashing to the basket and finishes with a soft jump shot. As a junior, he led his team to the state finals where they suffered a loss to 2004 McDonald’s All American Shaun Livingston and his Peoria team. Julian will continue to excel next season when he joins fellow McDonald’s All Americans Micah Downs and Mario Chalmers as Kansas Jayhawks.

|Zach|
02-23-2005, 09:13 PM
When is the Oklahoma St game

Saulbadguy
02-23-2005, 09:17 PM
When is the Oklahoma St game
Sunday, 3:00 pm.

Pants
02-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Sunday.

|Zach|
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Sunday, 3:00 pm.
Cool thanks

|Zach|
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Sunday.
You were to late.

No thanks to you buddy...move faster.

Pants
02-23-2005, 09:20 PM
You were to late.

No thanks to you buddy...move faster.

Gah! I hate you Saul!

|Zach|
02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Gah! I hate you Saul!
Thats the rough and tumble world of Chiefs Planet

royr17
02-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Damn Mario averages 27 points per game, well i know for dang sure im gonna watch the McDonalds all-american game to see how good he is .....

KCFalcon59
02-23-2005, 09:48 PM
When is the game?

BigVE
02-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Damn Mario averages 27 points per game, well i know for dang sure im gonna watch the McDonalds all-american game to see how good he is .....

This really came as no surprise, at least now its official! Gotta date and time for the MCDAA game? End of march I think.

royr17
02-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Yea I think it was suppose to be March 30th .....

royr17
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Im not sure but I think its March 30th .....

KCWolfman
02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
It's somewhere between March 29 and March 31

|Zach|
02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
It's somewhere between March 29 and March 31
ROFL

ROYC75
02-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Im not sure but I think its March 30th .....

March 30 at the Joyce Center on Notre Dame's campus in South Bend, Ind.

Mr. Christopher
02-24-2005, 02:15 PM
March 30 at the Joyce Center on Notre Dame's campus in South Bend, Ind.
South Bend, hmmm???

Anybody interested in going? I wonder how much tickets are...

coach_L
02-24-2005, 04:01 PM
MICAH DOWNS
Juanita High School - Kirkland, WA
Hometown: Bothell, WA
Height: 6’8 - Weight: 192 - Position: Guard
PPG 24.0 - RPG 13.0 - BPG 2.0

Micah is an exceptional athlete who has a 37-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot wingspan and adept ball handling skills for a player 6’8. He is also a very hard worker and displays exceptional explosiveness off the dribble and an accurate mid range jumper. Micah is one of the most fun players to watch because he does a little bit of everything. He can block shots, rebound the basketball and has a great feel for the game. He averaged 19 points, 12 rebounds and four assists as a junior at Juanita High School. Micah will attend Kansas in the fall.

Six-eight with a 37-inch vertical jump and 8 foot wingspan. That sounds pretty scary. What a good time to be a Jayhawk fan huh?
We're going to need some scoring threats after Simien and Langford's graduation, plus Gooden's premature departure to the NBA. (I know many feel he's not an offensive threat right now).

DJay23
02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Next year should be much more fun to watch. Not that I don't love KU, but this year has been very stressful what with the high expectations and the too close games.

I'll be interested to see who emerges as a leader next year. Is Giddens capable? He's shown flashes of emotional leadership, but he seems like a me guy. What about this Chalmers kid? He sounds like a baller, but is he a leader, or is will he be trying out for an NBA team? What about Wright? We already know Downs is chomping at the bit. Should be interesting without huge expectations. I could see Coach Self molding that team to a Sweet 16 by seasons end, if all of that talent pans out, though it's entirely too early for that kind of talk.

Honestly I think Galindo has the stuff to be an All American. Seems to make good things happen when he's out there.