PDA

View Full Version : Medical advice please

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
For the past couple of days, my right hand has been swollen and tight. The left one is fine. It feels like I punched something, but there is no bruising and the bones feel fine. The swelling has gone down a little bit. I thought it was fine until my girlfriend asked me why it looked "puffy" last night.

What would cause my hand to swell like this? Would it be a circulation problem? Can stress cause this? or is this something I should look into getting checked out?

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Spider Bite?

Excess Spanking?

Are there any red streaks? Does it itch?

Go see a doctor, instead of the internet wiseass committee, cadgranny.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Excess Spanking?

Well I did give myself "the stranger" the other night. Maybe I cut off to much blood flow to my hand ROFL

seclark
02-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Go see a doctor, instead of the internet wiseass committee, cadgranny.

that's the kind of $hitty advice that has caused this places recent degradation.
sec

milkman
02-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Just cut the hand off. Problem solved. :p

Phobia
02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe you strained something lifting all that alcohol. You should slow it down for your hand and your liver.

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
The Simple sollution is to Soak it InCider.

phuzz013
02-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Some things that I can think of off hand that can cause this:

Bacterial Infection
Current Medications you're on
Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritis (swelled hand warm to the touch when compared to the left hand?)
Carpal Tunnel (do a lot of repetitive wrist movements)
Physical Injury (electrical burns, etc.)
Venous Thrombosis (aka a blood clot)
Kidney related Disease

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
A Cad Jockey could have some carpal issues for sure.

My hand-Wrist were swelling alot, and tiring easily(could barely sign my name by the time I'd written a check) and it was severe tendonitis in my forearm....probably repetative Computer related motion(not the same kind firemeboy's coworker has)

Take your thumb and work it around on the tendons in your forearm.....if its tendonitis, they'll be tigher than guitar strings and sore as a mofo to the touch.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm going to go with the Carpal Tunnel.

and Phobia, I'm gonna pretend you didn't even give an answer.

Bob Dole
02-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Bob Dole had the same thing about 6 months ago and it was diagnosed as an unknown allergic reaction. The mini super Benadryll things cleared it right up.

Otter
02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Lupus, it's Lupus isn't it?!?!

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 11:07 AM
If it were carpal........you'd have numbness and stinging in your fingers......mostly on your thumb and index finger side.

It could also be that your Boss twisted your thumb off or smashed it with a mallet for back talking and not shutting that cRap music off.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
If it were carpal........you'd have numbness and stinging in your fingers......mostly on your thumb and index finger side.

It could also be that your Boss twisted your thumb off or smashed it with a mallet for back talking and not shutting that cRap music off.

No rap today, I got Static X, Pantera and the Deftones in the mix today. He still won't like it though, that kind of music starts with an "R"

Rain Man
02-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Some things that I can think of off hand that can cause this:

Bacterial Infection
Current Medications you're on
Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritis (swelled hand warm to the touch when compared to the left hand?)
Carpal Tunnel (do a lot of repetitive wrist movements)
Physical Injury (electrical burns, etc.)
Venous Thrombosis (aka a blood clot)
Kidney related Disease

My first thought was either a puff adder or a bushmaster.

Cadmonkey, think carefully. Have you handled any venomous serpents recently?

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
My first thought was either a puff adder or a bushmaster.

Cadmonkey, think carefully. Have you handled any venomous serpents recently?

last time I went to the John I wrestled the snake out of my pants, its a spitting cobra. Damn it Rain Man, what would I do without you. ROFL

Phobia
02-24-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm going to go with the Carpal Tunnel.

and Phobia, I'm gonna pretend you didn't even give an answer.

Why would you pretend that? Are you offended by the truth?

It probably isn't carpal tunnel, though I do admire your diagnosis skills.

Do you have any tingling sensations or just swelling? While I'm sure there may be some swelling associated with severe cases of CT, I think you would have noticed other symptoms before the swelling.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Why would you pretend that? Are you offended by the truth?

It probably isn't carpal tunnel, though I do admire your diagnosis skills.

Do you have any tingling sensations or just swelling? While I'm sure there may be some swelling associated with severe cases of CT, I think you would have noticed other symptoms before the swelling.

It kinda feels like I have been holding it in a bucket of ice. That kind of stinging.

Phobia
02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
You should have it looked at. I had a buddy who was bitten by a Brown Recluse in boot camp - he didn't realize it until his knee was 2x size and he couldn't walk. Took 2 months to heal and regain full mobility. I'm not saying it's that because I don't think you have that species out there, but it could be something similar. I don't think tissue damage is anything you want to mess with - especially on your hand. Especially when you need your hands to make a living.

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Its possible your needle dick gave your finger a punture wound.........or hand ghonaherpasypallrhea.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 12:27 PM
You should have it looked at. I had a buddy who was bitten by a Brown Recluse in boot camp - he didn't realize it until his knee was 2x size and he couldn't walk. Took 2 months to heal and regain full mobility. I'm not saying it's that because I don't think you have that species out there, but it could be something similar. I don't think tissue damage is anything you want to mess with - especially on your hand. Especially when you need your hands to make a living.

I just think its a circulation problem, but thanks for the advise. I'll get it checked if it doesn't get better in a couple days.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Its possible your needle dick gave your finger a punture wound.........or hand ghonaherpasypallrhea.

I see it more as a tuna can than a needle.

go bo
02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I see it more as a tuna can than a needle.tuna can, eh?

big around but very very short... ROFL ROFL ROFL

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
It's probably the hiv.
I don't think we've been sharing girls, END. :shake:

Pennywise
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
tuna can, eh?

big around but very very short... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Choadmonkey...

Phobia
02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I just think its a circulation problem, but thanks for the advise. I'll get it checked if it doesn't get better in a couple days.

Okay - first you thought it was CT and now you think it's circulatory. Sounds to me like you're rationalizing whatever you perceive to be the least serious - kinda like your binge drinking problem.

But, if you think circulation problems at your age are minor, you should just shoot yourself now. You should be in perfect health. You're employed, you have health insurance, and probably some policy which prevents you from losing any money by going to the doctor. Why in the hell would you put that off?

I think you have a circulation problem, too. I think blood is cut off to your brain.

go bo
02-24-2005, 12:57 PM
. . .I think you have a circulation problem, too. I think blood is cut off to your brain.ROFL ROFL ROFL

(oops, what am I laughing about?)

Phobia
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey, why you gotta be baggin' on problem drinkers, Phil? Am I gonna have to hear that shit next time I ask for advice?

Only if you start getting drunk at lunch, coming here to boast about it, and keep a bottle in your desk.

I have no problem with drinking. I've been known to drink in moderation myself. Heh heh. But cadmonkey clearly has a problem and he doesn't take it seriously. That bugs me.

FWIW, anytime an amateur can diagnose your alcoholism over the internet, there's a problem.

Eleazar
02-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I know that when I need medical advice, a football message board is the first place I turn to.

Phobia
02-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Note to self: skip boasting about drinking at lunch on the Planet.

I don't even have a problem with drinking at lunch - depending on one's occupation. But when somebody comes back, unable to type properly and their work could potentially affect the wellbeing of others.... I get a little irritated. I know he's not a doctor or a schoolbus driver, but if he throws a drawing off kilter.... I'm not a pro, but I can only imagine what might happen.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey, why you gotta be baggin' on problem drinkers, Phil? Am I gonna have to hear that shit next time I ask for advice?

Yes, esspecially when the question is "how did this moose of a woman end up in my bed?" Brian, put the beer down!!!!

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Only if you start getting drunk at lunch, coming here to boast about it, and keep a bottle in your desk.

I have no problem with drinking. I've been known to drink in moderation myself. Heh heh. But cadmonkey clearly has a problem and he doesn't take it seriously. That bugs me.

FWIW, anytime an amateur can diagnose your alcoholism over the internet, there's a problem.

I know I have a problem, I just don't care to deal with it yet.

Phobia
02-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I know that when I need medical advice, a football message board is the first place I turn to.

Dude - you should really go to the doctor where they use:
http://tabeebe.com/mag/modules/4nAlbum/album/album4/speculum.jpg

alanm
02-24-2005, 01:14 PM
The Simple sollution is to Soak it InCider.
ROFL ROFL :thumb:

Rain Man
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Is it slammed shut in a car door, cadmonkey? If so, that could be the problem.

Alton deFlat
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Could have something to do with the number of pics you're attaching in the girly thread. Carpel tunnel with your mouse hand. ROFL
If so, keep that hand swollen.

Phobia
02-24-2005, 01:17 PM
I know I have a problem, I just don't care to deal with it yet.

You don't have to join AA to deal with it. You don't have to go completely sober. I had a problem and I just got it under control. Now I'm a social drinker who drinks entirely too much once a month instead of 20-30 times a month. Heh heh. I'm not trying to be a dick.

cadmonkey
02-24-2005, 01:25 PM
You don't have to join AA to deal with it. You don't have to go completely sober. I had a problem and I just got it under control. Now I'm a social drinker who drinks entirely too much once a month instead of 20-30 times a month. Heh heh. I'm not trying to be a dick.

YOU DICK! :)

patteeu
02-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Allergic reaction is my first thought, but it could be lots of other things and I'm not qualified to make "educated" guesses.

Just spray some Windex on it and get on with your life.

Iowanian
02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I'll bet you do have a circulation problem...though, I doubt having that Bread tie twisted on your genitals, as painful as it may be after 2 days, isn't the cause of the swelling in your hand.

My hand swelled alot with the Tendonitis. Go to the doc, he'll prescribe Celebrex and PT.....your insurance will deny the celebrex, and they'll give you 2 months samples and tell you to take Tylenol 500mg for inflamation in the future.

have someone massage the tendons with their thumbs.....if it hurts, they did it right.......ice the arm-wrist 3-4 times daily.

That'll be $350.

tyton75
02-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Just tell your wife/girlfriend of yours that she blew too hard.. and that, next time.. she is suppose to actually suck.. not blow

BIG_DADDY
02-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Personally I think your lefty side is just rejecting your right.