PDA

View Full Version : Just got back today from 3 days in beautiful Tampa FL.....

Mosbonian
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Now I know why everyone goes South for the Winter.....

If anyone is planning a vacation in the Tampa area, I would HIGHLY recommend the Renaissance Vinoy Golf Resort.....

I travel frequently and for once, actually enjoyed this Marriott-owned property. Not only were the employees pleasant and helpful, but down-right accomodating. The course was nice, my room had a beautiful Bay view (which also overlooked the pool I must add).

The food was excellent, the room was very spacious and had plenty of the new "Gen-X" amenities that are common to hotels these days.

All in all, a very nice and enjoyable "business" trip.

mmaddog

Phobia
02-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah - I attended a conference at that resort once. Kicked ass.

|Zach|
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Man thats awesome...in other news I watched it snow last night.

Sigh...

FloridaChief
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
If anyone is planning a vacation in the Tampa area, I would HIGHLY recommend the Renaissance Vinoy Golf Resort.....

Glad you enjoyed your little vacation down here. Thanks for spending much money, tourist. Now GET THE HELL BACK UP NORTH where you belong!!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

DeepSouth
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
MadDog, I was down there for Three days last week. Stayed at the SailPort Resort. More work than play but I did make it to Mons Venus Tuesday evening. So many pretty, young, naked girls............

Mosbonian
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Glad you enjoyed your little vacation down here. Thanks for spending much money, tourist. Now GET THE HELL BACK UP NORTH where you belong!!!

It was well worth any "tourist" money I dropped there....especially considering the "view"....

I finally realized that I have been staying at the wrong resorts and going to the wrong conferences.....you gotta pay a little extra to really enjoy Florida.....

This is the 2nd of my planned 3 visits to Florida this year....I'm hitting all three of the biggies....Miami last month, Tampa/St. Pete this month and Orlando in October....if I am lucky I might be able to talk my boss in to letting me go to the conference in Amelia Island at the Ritz-Carlton.

Man...this business trip stuff is rough! :)

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-24-2005, 06:11 PM
MadDog, I was down there for Three days last week. Stayed at the SailPort Resort. More work than play but I did make it to Mons Venus Tuesday evening. So many pretty, young, naked girls............

Damn...a place I missed.....

'Course, there were a lot of young and pretty and close-to-naked girls there too......

How was SailPort?

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-24-2005, 06:13 PM

BTW, you need my tourist dollars to survive....especially since Winn Dixie will be the next casualty...I wouldn't bet on them making it out of Bankruptcy.........without a lot of changes.

mmaddog

FloridaChief
02-24-2005, 06:26 PM
since Winn Dixie will be the next casualty...I wouldn't bet on them making it out of Bankruptcy.........without a lot of changes.

There's a Winn Dixie here?

BIG_DADDY
02-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Ah yes, the come on vacation leave on probation state. I wonder if things have changed since I lived in Pinellas County.

Spott
02-24-2005, 06:37 PM

I second that. I've about had it with the New Yorkers and Canadians coming down here for vacation.

Spott
02-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Ah yes, the come on vacation leave on probation state. I wonder if things have changed since I lived in Pinellas County.

Pinellas county sheriff's are the worst.

FloridaChief
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I second that. I've about had it with the New Yorkers and Canadians coming down here for vacation.

I'm ready to break out the sawed-off shotgun and blast the next Ontario license plate I see...

Calcountry
02-24-2005, 06:48 PM
My initial reaction to Zach's mention of snow was to make a post about how nice the weather is in Arizona, blah blah blah... but, I feel compelled to share something that happened over the weekend.

It was raining off and on all weekend (hell, most of the week). At one point on Saturday I'm driving, and it starts raining a little bit... then it picks up... I remember thinking, "Man, those drops are kinda big... hell, they almost sound like... HAIL." I was driving through a f*cking hail storm... in Arizona.

The day before I had been hanging out with some friends and was making fun of a sign near my apartment that reads, "Ice forms on bridge first". I was laughing about there never being ice on the road in Tucson. I told my buddies that I'm convinced God hear that and said, "Oh yeah? How about not only do I put some ice on the road... but ice that moves."Dude, newsflash. It snows regularly, but infrequently in Tucson. Heck, it snowed there the December I lived there.

Spott
02-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm ready to break out the sawed-off shotgun and blast the next Ontario license plate I see...

I think the only people left in Toronto right now are the Raptors. Everyone else is staying in a condo down here and driving 20mph in front of me. :cuss:

Mosbonian
02-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I think the only people left in Toronto right now are the Raptors. Everyone else is staying in a condo down here and driving 20mph in front of me. :cuss:

There wasn't anyone driving 20MPH near the Limo i was riding in....it looked like it was the NASCAR time trials....

mmaddog

DeepSouth
02-25-2005, 07:40 AM
I worked in Clearwater for two years. The best bumper sticker I recall was: "When I get old, I'm going to move north and drive slow in the passing lane".

DeepSouth
02-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Damn...a place I missed.....

'Course, there were a lot of young and pretty and close-to-naked girls there too......

How was SailPort?

mmaddog
The SailPort was alright. Nothing spectacular. It's right on the bay at the entrance to the Courtney Campbell. The Tanga used to be right across the street but it's no longer there. Thus, my visit to Mons Venus.

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 06:31 PM
When I was at the Tampa Airport, preparing to leave town one of life's greatest moments happened....

I as preparing to ride up the long escalator from the ticketing area to the different gates.....about 10 escalator steps ahead of me was a young lady in a very short skirt....I had a perfect view of the tan-line-less posterior and was enjoying the view whenthe kid in front of me with his Mom loudly exclaimed...."Look Mommy, you can see her butt".....and to my dismay, the young lady heard him, turned around and put her hand on her skirt trying to hide my perfect view.....

Damn young kids!!!!!

mmaddog