PDA

View Full Version : The toilet and the tub theory.

el borracho
02-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Would you live in the toilet just to be near the tub?

My girlie and I keep going around and around on the following: deciding where we would like to live. In the next year we will likely have to move. We both have attachments to San Diego (family, friends, fond memories), but that might not be a realistic option because of career choice.
In her opinion, closest to San Diego (let's call San Diego the tub) is best even if that means living in LA (the toilet). In my opinion, one doesn't live in the toilet just to be near the tub. It's a toilet, after all and, as I tell her, there are probably some options further away from (but as nice as) the tub. In my opinion, we should be looking at finding maybe a natural hot spring somewhere and forgetting about the tub. After all, who needs a tub when you live in a hot spring?

Opinions?

Mr. Kotter
02-24-2005, 11:51 PM
There are lots of jacuzzi's to choose from, and most are nowhere near the toilet....

and truth be told, I'd settle for a shower stall....even a sink for a sponge bath, rather than living in the toilet (and I'd agree, most of LA would be a toilet-like existance, metaphorically speaking...)

Phobia
02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd move where you want to and find a new girlfriend. They have planes that can take you back to San Diego these days and you don't have to pay their taxes and prices on goods.

Talisman
02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
My advice would be to stay away from San Francisco. I hear the soap gets dropped a lot there.

Spicy McHaggis
02-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Screw the toilet, move somewhere nice

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
I'd move where you want to and find a new girlfriend. They have planes that can take you back to San Diego these days and you don't have to pay their taxes and prices on goods.
Well, that solution has logical appeal but lacks emotional appeal. I'm too fond of her.

Spicy McHaggis
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, that solution has logical appeal but lacks emotional appeal. I'm too fond of her.

Translation: She's a demon in the sack

Rausch
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
If this is my hypothetical tub and toilet then yes.

If you're asking me if I'd move to LA the answer is no...

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:30 AM
My advice would be to stay away from San Francisco. I hear the soap gets dropped a lot there.
Heh. I'm originally from Ca... gays don't bother me.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2005, 12:30 AM

Then grab her by the hair and drag her ass off to a nice place....

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Translation: She's a demon in the sack
Whoa! How did you break my unbreakable code? ;)

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:32 AM
If this is my hypothetical tub and toilet then yes.

If you're asking me if I'd move to LA the answer is no...
Your hypothetical toilet is something other than LA? Where is your hypothetical toilet?

Miles
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Here in this hopeless f*cking hole we call la
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f*cking time. any f*cking day.
Learn to swim, I’ll see you down in arizona bay.

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Then grab her by the hair and drag her ass off to a nice place....
Well, I was going to try and use persuasion on her but if you really think your method is better...

Rausch
02-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Where is your hypothetical toilet?

The entire state of Kalifornia.

You couldn't convince me to live there...

el borracho
02-25-2005, 12:43 AM
The entire state of Kalifornia.

You couldn't convince me to live there...
San Diego still has a number of positives which make it appealing although I would imagine those positives will eventually be outweighed completely by the negatives as people overpopulate the city. Of course it depends what one likes... I know that the older I get the less appeal I find in giant cities. I would guess that San Diego probably has another 10 or 15 years before it becomes unlivable for someone like me.

Logical
02-25-2005, 01:08 AM
el borracho,

Is the kind of work you need available in San Diego? If so their are places like Temecula that would be an hour commute that are still economically affordable. For that matter if your work would have to be in LA Temecula is half way between LA and San Diego. Just a thought.

Pezman
02-25-2005, 01:23 AM
After spending most of my life in the Denver area, I love living in the OC area these days. Besides, you can't beat this view!!! There are big drawbacks sometimes but if you can afford a decent pad, there is much to love in this area for sure...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/pezmanbry/Landscapes/DSCF1438.jpg

|Zach|
02-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Sorry Pez, I have you beat...it doesn't get better than the view outside of my place.

http://photos1.flickr.com/3927296_a64fd5cb0c.jpg

On second thought...**** you!!

Demonpenz
02-25-2005, 01:32 AM
mother mother ocean

Miles
02-25-2005, 01:34 AM
That white stuff on the ground must suck.

el borracho
el borracho,

Is the kind of work you need available in San Diego? If so their are places like Temecula that would be an hour commute that are still economically affordable. For that matter if your work would have to be in LA Temecula is half way between LA and San Diego. Just a thought.
Well, theoretically I should be able to work anywhere if I go into education. The problem is that my girl is a 3rd year med-student who will be applying for hospital residency programs next year and San Diego may not have the program she decides to enter while LA might. Under normal circumstances Temecula (1/2 way between) would be a sensible solution but long commutes and hospital residents don't go together.

Pezman
Sorry Pez, I have you beat...it doesn't get better than the view outside of my place.

ROFL

Yeah, but considering the freaking rain we've had here lately, I'd have to say that picture is a bit misleading...

|Zach|
02-25-2005, 01:37 AM
ROFL

Yeah, but considering the freaking rain we've had here lately, I'd have to say that picture is a bit misleading...
Considering it snowed in the middle of the night last night I would have to say mine is not...

A little rain is nice. As long as it isnt a cold rain.

el borracho
02-25-2005, 01:39 AM
After spending most of my life in the Denver area, I love living in the OC area these days. Besides, you can't beat this view!!! There are big drawbacks sometimes but if you can afford a decent pad, there is much to love in this area for sure...

Orange County has some appealing places (the beach towns) and, amazingly, the money wouldn't be the biggest issue. Unfortunately, Huntington, Newport, Laguna Nigel, etc do not offer hospital residency programs to match my girl's interest.

el borracho
02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
...Rose tint my world keep me safe from the trouble and pain...

Pezman
02-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Orange County has some appealing places (the beach towns) and, amazingly, the money wouldn't be the biggest issue. Unfortunately, Huntington, Newport, Laguna Nigel, etc do not offer hospital residency programs to match my girl's interest.

I will say, Laguna Niguel and Dana Point are two of my favorite areas. Just far enough away from L.A. to not have to deal with their pollution yet close enough to be able to hit the L.A. nightlife from time to time.

If the missus is thinking of a San Diego type of area, the Temecula idea isnt bad at all. You can still get very affordable housing there (250k-500k for a 2000-3000 sq ft home) but it does get really freaking warm there in summer. The commute would be in the hour neighborhood but its not too heavy compared to L.A. commutes.

From Temecula to L.A. however, forget it... that is a nightmare and nearly undoable. I suspect the commute from Temecula to L.A. proper would be in the 3 hour neighborhood (no joke) and over 120 miles.

Logical
02-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Just curious el borracho, but has she checked out the UCSD Medical Center and school, it is supposed to be one of the finest in So Cal so she should at least give them a look for her specialty desire.

el borracho
02-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Just curious el borracho, but has she checked out the UCSD Medical Center and school, it is supposed to be one of the finest in So Cal so she should at least give them a look for her specialty desire.
UCSD is one of the finest but, IIRC, might not offer the specialty she is considering.

mcan
02-25-2005, 07:42 AM

VERY FUNNY... REP!

Seriously, I probably just woke somebody up in my apartment building from laughing...

cadmonkey
02-25-2005, 07:48 AM
There is no better place in this country then San Diego. If you move from there I will hunt you down myself and kick your ass.

DeepSouth
02-25-2005, 07:49 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20050224/ap_on_re_us/sperm_theft

Just make sure she swallows

StcChief
02-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Az maybe close enough. Phoenix area or Tuscon.

Iowanian
02-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Pez........that view is very nice.

I wonder what it will look like after the landslide or earthquake, 200' deep in the Pacific?

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2005, 08:51 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/pezmanbry/Landscapes/DSCF1438.jpg

Pez, nice pic.

That's why people in the midwest and great plains don't give two shits about "global warming." We are actually looking forward to THIS day....heh.