PDA

View Full Version : Is your kid text messaging in class? (memo: lock up your daughters)

Straight, No Chaser
02-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I must be pretty far out of the loop.
I asked a pizza-faced kid why he'd rather sit on the sideline and text message other students rather than shoot-around during PE. Not a big deal, I guess, if you get over the fact he's probably disrupting another student who may actually be trying to challenge themselves academically. I remember back in the day when cell phones first became affordable. I was continuosly mystified at overhearing students engaged in stimulating conversations with friends and family: "Hey...what ya doing...(pause) --I'm going to class, gotta go..." Trying to humor myself, I asked pizza-face what morsel of information was so important that he felt compelled to use his 300$ digital device to message it. He said: "I'm asking girls what color underwear they have on"
Well now. That explains it. I wasn't so much disturbed by this as I was from the answer to my next question: I asked pizza-face if any girls responded. All the time! he replied.

--->

Phobia
02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
YLO

Saulbadguy
02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Heh. If I would have had that sort of thing when I went to HS, I probably would have used it quite a bit.

Rain Man
02-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I think the lesson here is to make sure that your teenage daughter doesn't wear underwear.

tomahawk kid
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I think the lesson here is to make sure that your teenage daughter doesn't wear underwear.

Amen.

Phobia
02-25-2005, 10:54 AM

I think it is time to stop participating in teenage daughter threads for yours truly. My eldest turns 13 next month.

Holy shit I'm getting old.

Straight, No Chaser
02-25-2005, 10:57 AM

Now I'm sure you're a freak.

--->

jcroft
02-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Text messaging is ridiclous popular here on the K-State campus (I'm a KSU employee). Even the faculty and staff use it all the time to find where in Aggieville their friends are and to pass time in boring meetings.

All of our teenagers are college-age (legal), which makes the whole underwear thing just a little less risque. But still, I might give the "What color underwear are you wearing" pickup line a run and see how it goes.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I must be pretty far out of the loop.
I asked a pizza-faced kid why he'd rather sit on the sideline and text message other students rather than shoot-around during PE. Not a big deal, I guess, if you get over the fact he's probably disrupting another student who may actually be trying to challenge themselves academically. I remember back in the day when cell phones first became affordable overhearing students engaged in stimulating conversations with friends and family: "Hey...what ya doing...(pause) --I'm going to class, gotta go..." Trying to humor myself, I asked pizza face what morsel of information was so important that he felt compelled to use his 300$ digital device to message it. He said: "I'm asking girls what color underwear they have on"
Well now. That explains it. I asked pizza face if any girls responded. All the time! he replied.

--->

We have become Nazi's about it here; if a teacher catches a kid, the phone is gone....parents are called....there is an immediate suspension. Use of "camera" phones in unauthorized areas gets an immediate 3-day suspension--likely to become more, depending on the circumstances and kid.

NewChief
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM
We have become Nazi's about it here; if a teacher catches a kid, the phone is gone....parents are called....there is an immediate suspension. Use of "camera" phones in unauthorized areas gets an immediate 3-day suspension--likely to become more, depending on the circumstances and kid.

I hope our school gets that strict soon. I'm getting sick of it. Especially the ones that think they're really sly and sneaky sitting there with their hands underneath their desks, occassionally glancing down as they send and receive texts.

sd4chiefs
02-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I have a friend who was on vacation and was checking out his 15 year old daughter's text messages. The last one said ' We got the wine stain out of the carpet'. It was sent by her girlfriend who was suppost to be house sitting for them.

Over-Head
02-25-2005, 11:45 AM
My last year in school they band wearing baseball caps inside, but pager’s, and cell phones ringing during class was alright.
Personally I think anyone (like my better half’s best friend) who allows a kid (16yrs or younger /not having a job to pay the bill themselves) to own a phone needs a slap in the head, not to mention allowing said kid to take it to school.

The world has become so fuggen obsessed with being available I can’t count the times I’ve walked into a public rest room only to hear some idiot yapping away while taking a dump.
Just try and go to a restaurant and enjoy a nice relaxing diner with out hearing some fuggen obnoxious tone coming from someone’s purse or pocket, as they feel their so damn important they MUST be available 24/7/365.
As for the kid in PE class, his phone would have been duct taped to the wall and bating practice begun with a $10 bounty for who ever could nail the thing with a line drive :evil:

Of any invention in the last 100 years I honestly feel humanity could do with out, Cell phones have my vote.
I HATE THE FU@KEN THINGS
Half the time I forward mine to the better half in case new clients need to get in touch with me, other wise, the contractors I deal with have to actually get off their fat lazy ass and come talk to me face to face.

It’s mighty surprising how little I ever get into arguments with people face to face as opposed to cell phone calls.

Over-Head
02-25-2005, 11:46 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ptlyon
02-25-2005, 11:56 AM
...some idiot yapping away while taking a dump.

Name one person that doesn't do that.

siberian khatru
02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I think it is time to stop participating in teenage daughter threads for yours truly. My eldest turns 13 next month.

This post is worthless without pics.

Over-Head
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Name one person that doesn't do that.

Me, my fiancée' (I’ve never been with her in a lady's room so I have to take her word for it), the other 3 guy's in the band I play in, and quite a few others I can think of.

I got a call from a contractor once and he was talking while trying to "pinch a loaf", so I hung up,
He called back immediately,
I hung up again.
He called back AGAIN ,
I hung up again.

Later that day he comes over to the job site where I’m taping out a house, calls me outside and starts trying to tell me off for hanging up on him.
This prompted me to turn side on "whip out the old boy" and start pissing on the ground.
He flipped and say's "man, that’s just sick, couldn’t you have at least gone around the side of the house or something"

I said , "As sick as trying to tell someone what color paint they want in a master bedroom while you hear the strain in their voice as they push out a turd?

siberian khatru
02-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I said , "As sick as trying to tell someone what color paint they want in a master bedroom while you hear the strain in their voice as they push out a turd?

ROFL

"I think the mauve (HNNNNN!) on the walls would look niiice (NNNGGG!) and would go welllll (AAAAHHH!) with the rose trimmm (HYUNH!) (*FART*)."

Over-Head
02-25-2005, 12:25 PM
ROFL

"I think the mauve (HNNNNN!) on the walls would look niiice (NNNGGG!) and would go welllll (AAAAHHH!) with the rose trimmm (HYUNH!) (*FART*)."
IT WAS YOU YA BASTAGE! :p

ptlyon
02-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Me, my fiancée' (I’ve never been with her in a lady's room so I have to take her word for it), the other 3 guy's in the band I play in, and quite a few others I can think of.

You guys are weird.

Over-Head
02-25-2005, 12:32 PM
You guys are weird.
Let me get this straight. I REFUSE to talk on a cell phone while taking a shit, and you think I’m weird? :hmmm:
You’re a Chiefs fan right?, should have known :rolleyes:

ptlyon
02-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Let me get this straight. I REFUSE to talk on a cell phone while taking a shit, and you think I’m weird? :hmmm:
You’re a Chiefs fan right?, should have known :rolleyes:

And a Rayduhs fan has values?

Laughable.