PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Waffling on Surtain

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Posted on Mon, Feb. 28, 2005

Surtain

Chiefs consider Surtain

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs' search for a cornerback has started with Miami's Patrick Surtain but won't necessarily end there.

President/general manager Carl Peterson talked with the Dolphins this weekend about a trade for Surtain, a two-time Pro Bowler. Complicating matters is that Surtain's contract is heading into its final season and the Chiefs won't make a trade without having him signed for the long term.

Three other veteran cornerbacks, Tennessee's Samari Rolle, Washington's Fred Smoot and Seattle's Ken Lucas, are also on the Chiefs' priority list. Rolle, a favorite of defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, was released recently by the Titans in a cost-cutting move.

He could visit with the Chiefs as soon as Wednesday.

“It's in the hands of Miami,'' Peterson said of Surtain. “They're looking for a draft choice, and it's also in the hands of the agent, who's looking for a big contract. We've talked, but the number is too big. If it gets reasonable, then fine.''

Surtain played seven seasons for Miami and played in the Pro Bowl after the 2002 and 2003 seasons.

“He's an All-Pro cornerback,'' Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said. “He can play all the variations of coverage. He's a very talented guy. But there's other guys out there, too, and I just don't know right now just how this is going to end up.''

Ty Law, released by New England last week, is not on the Chiefs' priority list, though that could change. Law missed the last half of last season because of a foot injury.

“There's mixed feelings about him,'' Vermeil said. “He's a high-quality player but he's got a long way to go on his rehab.''

The Chiefs plan to tender contract offers to three of their potential restricted free agents. Linebacker Scott Fujita, wide receiver Marc Boerigter and safety Shaunard Harts will receive one-year offers for $656,000.

Each offer would give the Chiefs the right of first refusal if the player signs an offer sheet with another club.

The Chiefs weren't planning to offer a contract to a fourth potential restricted free agent, fullback Omar Easy.

Randy Covitz of The Star's sports staff contributed to this report.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Ugh. Carl, STFU

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:07 AM
So now we can't even negotiate with guys?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Complicating matters is that Surtain's contract is heading into its final season and the Chiefs won't make a trade without having him signed for the long term.

I agree with that mindset 100%.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree with that mindset 100%.
Every team in the NFL would renegotiate the contract before making the trade. I don't see how this complicates matters, we can either sign him or we can't.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Every team in the NFL would renegotiate the contract before making the trade. I don't see how this complicates matters, we can either sign him or we can't.

Shouldn't we try to fit him into our budget?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I didn't read anything that said we weren't willing to negotiate. Of course they will negotiate...unless Surtain and his agent aren't willing to. We can't just go signing anyone who is a good player no matter what they want. That would be the stupidest thing to do. There are other fish in the sea if the first guy wants too much.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:14 AM
So now we can't even negotiate with guys?
I don't mind us negotiating, as long as it doesn't keep us from losing out on other prospects. Looks like Rolle will be off the market soon. Law is injured and the other players aren't as good. So, I think it's fair request that they do this in a timely fashion.

Chiefnj
02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
How is Peterson waffling? Who knows what the Dolphins are asking for and what kind of contract Surtain has asked for in his initial demands.

morphius
02-28-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't mind us negotiating, as long as it doesn't keep us from losing out on other prospects. Looks like Rolle will be off the market soon. Law is injured and the other players aren't as good. So, I think it's fair request that they do this in a timely fashion.
Yup, the one thing you would hate is to have it fall through after everyone else is gone. If last year is any reminder, lots of guys will not make more then one trip and will not be leaving without a deal.

nmt1

They've apparently already talked to Miami about compensation and to Surtain's agent about a contract. How much more timely do you want it?

BigChiefFan
How is Peterson waffling? Who knows what the Dolphins are asking for and what kind of contract Surtain has asked for in his initial demands.

“It's in the hands of Miami,'' Peterson said of Surtain. “They're looking for a draft choice, and it's also in the hands of the agent, who's looking for a big contract. We've talked, but the number is too big. If it gets reasonable, then fine.''

I consider that waffling.

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 10:17 AM
But is Rolle available?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Exactly. The "sky is falling" mentality around here lately is laughable.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Well considering the CB position now has the highest tender for any veteran franchise player, I expect he's asking a lot.

ROYC75
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Bottom line is, Can the Chiefs work Surtain into the cap along with other FA moves that this team needs to make ?

Seems as thou CP is offering the agent and Surtain an option.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM

I consider that responsible negotiation. **** him and his agent if they think they can just demand some unreasonable number and get it just because we need defense. Defense doesn't begin and end with Patrick Surtain.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM
They've apparently already talked to Miami about compensation and to Surtain's agent about a contract. How much more timely do you want it?Like I said, I'd like to get it wrapped up before the other CBs that can help us are off the market.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:20 AM

Why is that waffling? He just told you the truth about the situation. They've talked to the agent and the Dolphins about it. I would've thought someone with your dim outlook on our offseason plans would be ecstatic that they'd even talked about it.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 10:22 AM

Exactly.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Why is that waffling? He just told you the truth about the situation. They've talked to the agent and the Dolphins about it. I would've thought someone with your dim outlook on our offseason plans would be ecstatic that they'd even talked about it.
Apparently if we don't sign any good player within 5 minutes of him becoming available we are waffling. Give 'em whatever they want without negotiation....that's how you run a successful business and build a winner over the long term after all.

:rolleyes:

nmt1
Like I said, I'd like to get it wrapped up before the other CBs that can help us are off the market.

We don't get right of first refusal on these guys. Believe it or not, some of them may not even want to play in KC and therefore won't speak to the Chiefs. Asking Carl to control what players and their agents do is asking the impossible.
I'm happy that they've at least talked to Law's and Surtain's agents.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:24 AM
I consider that responsible negotiation. **** him and his agent if they think they can just demand some unreasonable number and get it just because we need defense. Defense doesn't begin and end with Patrick Surtain.Nobody said it began and ended with Surtain. If we are that far apart on price, then move on to the next guy, but Carl needs to be aware it's going to cost us at least $10 million signing bonus for all of the FA corners that can improve our team.

Just like I don't know what has taken place, neither do you and you assume that his contract demands are unreasonable because Carl said so. There's two sides to every story.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I guess come March 3rd, we can declare the season officially over?

whoman69
02-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Surtain has the added bonus of costing us draft picks. Why are we even going this route?

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:29 AM
We don't get right of first refusal on these guys. Believe it or not, some of them may not even want to play in KC and therefore won't speak to the Chiefs. Asking Carl to control what players and their agents do is asking the impossible.
I'm happy that they've at least talked to Law's and Surtain's agents.
Talking to the agents, doesn't equate to anything substantial other than there is some interest from the Chiefs. You act as if because our FO is talking to some agents about their clients that the Chiefs have somehow done their job. They haven't. Landing the players is what would make me happy. Talking to their agents doesn't do jack shit for me.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:30 AM
...but Carl needs to be aware it's going to cost us at least $10 million signing bonus for all of the FA corners that can improve our team.

Do you really think they don't know this? Do you really believe, even after reading the articles on the Star's web site, that they aren't aware of what it's going to take to sign these guys?

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 10:31 AM

Yep, may as well just move the team to LA... the front office only cares about selling tickets... Carl eats babies... we're doomed! DOOMED!

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:32 AM
No we can all declare everything hunkydunky in Chiefland. We don't need any FAs. We don't need to improve on defense. We don't need any fans in the seats that have an opinion.

It's amazing how some of you can find fault in those that actually want their team to improve.

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Do you really think they don't know this? Do you really believe, even after reading the articles on the Star's web site, that they aren't aware of what it's going to take to sign these guys?

Of course not. Carl is the debbil and teh front office is funnelling all that unused cap money to Al Queda.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Talking to the agents, doesn't equate to anything substantial other than there is some interest from the Chiefs. You act as if because our FO is talking to some agents about their clients that the Chiefs have somehow done their job. They haven't. Landing the players is what would make me happy. Talking to their agents doesn't do jack shit for me.

But you said in another thread that we do nothing but take a ho hum approach every season. The Chiefs are actually talking to the agents of the guys you would like them to sign but you're still pissing and moaning about it. Have a little patience. All I'm saying is that it's a good sign that they're talking about it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Carl needs to be aware it's going to cost us at least $10 million signing bonus for all of the FA corners that can improve our team.

Something tells me Carl is aware of this.... and probably a lot of other things we have no clue about.

If we again fail to get anything done over the course of this off season to improve the defense, then I will again call for Carl's head as well as Dick's. In the meantime, this is all part of the process and it has just begun. I don't think we should be too concerned just yet. They have said they realize the teams short comings and they intend to do something about it. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now that that is true. If they fail in the end.... then we'll call them out at that time.

...jmo.

teedubya
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM
im not even convinced that Surtain is the right player for us... with his knee problems and his playing in a zone for last 3 years. Im almost sold on Smoot.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
But you said in another thread that we do nothing but take a ho hum approach every season. The Chiefs are actually talking to the agents of the guys you would like them to sign but you're still pissing and moaning about it. Have a little patience. All I'm saying is that it's a good sign that they're talking about it.We usually do take that ho-hum approach, but given Carl and Dick both only have one year on their contracts and the tone of the fans-the heat is on. I haven't pissed and moaned about this at all, I've said that I think a sense of urgency is important so we don't lose out on other potential FAs that could help improve our team, I know you defend everything in the FO, but I won't apologize for wanting to see my team give their all and land some quality players this off-season.

alanm
02-28-2005, 10:51 AM
That's the conclusion I come to. According to some on this board, if we don't spend $30 million of cap money on a couple of defensive players our season is over. :deevee:

alanm
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Of course not. Carl is the debbil and teh front office is funnelling all that unused cap money to Al Queda.
I knew there was something fishy about this organization. :hmmm:

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I haven't pissed and moaned about this at all,

ROFL

mlyonsd
02-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Since Denver proved last year that a quality corner was the answer I think we should get two or three.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2005, 10:56 AM
How is Peterson waffling?
it's also in the hands of the agent, who's looking for a big contract. We've talked, but the number is too big. If it gets reasonable, then fine

i'd say that's a waffle ... at least a re-evaluation

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 10:57 AM
No we can all declare everything hunkydunky in Chiefland. We don't need any FAs. We don't need to improve on defense. We don't need any fans in the seats that have an opinion.

It's amazing how some of you can find fault in those that actually want their team to improve.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 10:58 AM

I find fault with your logic...CP statements are far from waffling.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
i'd say that's a waffle ... at least a re-evaluationThank you-someboy who knows what waffling is.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
i'd say that's a waffle ... at least a re-evaluation

Is there a quote of Peterson saying something to the effect they are going to sign Surtain regardless of price? If so, then it would be a waffle, otherwise it's a simple negotiation.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I find fault with your logic...CP statements are far from waffling.Why doesn't that surprise me? Let's not get into it today. I know your thoughts, you know mine. Let's leave it at.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:01 AM
So I'll put you down as everything is great in Chiefland, then?

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:02 AM
So I'll put you down as everything is great in Chiefland, then?
To be honest with you...with some of these threads and posts I question your intelligence.

The fact that you can project that is just stupid.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Why doesn't that surprise me? Let's not get into it today. I know your thoughts, you know mine. Let's leave it at.

Hardly a convincing argument...

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Seriously, BCF.

You've crossed that line into "downright dumb".

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Hardly a convincing argument...You just like to argue. I'm not getting into the same horseshit argument with you again.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Peterson is an idiot for trying to not to spend the farm on a guy whose position has been marginalized by the NFL.

I bet we get Surtain. But of course anyone who admits they don't know EVERYTHING that is going on in the negotiation process and is willing to exercise some patience to see what comes in this deal is cast as someone who is ok with the Chiefs not making the playoffs.

If that is not some ignorant shit I don't know what is.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Peterson is an idiot for trying to not to spend the farm on a guy whose position has been marginalized by the NFL.

I bet we get Surtain. But of course anyone who admits they don't know EVERYTHING that is going on in the negotiation process and is willing to exercise some patience to see what comes in this deal is cast as someone who is ok with the Chiefs not making the playoffs.

That's precisely it. He should change his name to Big-BlackandWhite-Chief.

You either agree with him 100% or you're a crack-smoking homer apologist.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:09 AM
You just like to argue. I'm not getting into the same horseshit argument with you again.

Translation:

"Titus has cut me to ribbons each time I've professed the same tired, unsupported argument...... No mas."

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Translation:

"Titus has cut me to ribbons each time I've professed the same tired unsupported argument...... No mas."

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2005, 11:10 AM
That's precisely it. He should change his name to Big-BlackandWhite-Chief.

You either agree with him 100% or you're a crack-smoking homer apologist.

you mean you aren't??? :eek:

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
you mean you aren't??? :eek:

Yep, I am. You got me.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 11:14 AM
You just like to argue. I'm not getting into the same horseshit argument with you again.

I believe this may be the first time we've had to disect what waffling means, this is hardly the same tired argument. That's fine, you'd lose the argument anyway.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Seriously, BCF.

You've crossed that line into "downright dumb".

If that's your take, fine. I stand by what I said. I think Carl is waffling, I truly believe that. Yes, I believe that's part of negotiating, but I also have 16 years of history to know when Carl is playing hardball enough to make me question whether or not we land Surtain. Don't look so much into it.

I think some of you think that I have an ulterior motive to tear everything about Carl down. I don't. Yes, I think he is a shitty GM, but he's still the decision maker for the players that we acquire. Of course I'm going to wish that he does things well. I think some of you think that I hate everything about him and want him to fail. I don't, but after 16 years I can longer defend the man. I wish some of you could differentiate between the two. It gets old having to defend my stance when some take my posts as if I wished Carl was dead. I'm pulling for him to make some great moves, it's in my best interest to do so, however, my patience obviously has grown thin with him.

The only thing down-right dumb is going through the same lame-ass argument with some of you all.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I think some of you think that I have an ulterior motive to tear everything about Carl down. I don't. Yes, I think he is a shitty GM, but he's still the decision maker for the players that we acquire.

That would explain the #1 Offense in the NFL 4 years running...I think your ulterior motive is trying to have one's cake and eat it too.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:19 AM
It gets old having to defend my stance when some take my posts as if I wished Carl was dead.
Kind of like how it gets dumb when you my post and tell me I am happy with the Chiefs losing?

ROFL

Keep digging.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:20 AM

I don't have a problem with patience but I think that this team needs to come out fast and sign a big name FA to get the fans and their own players to believe that they are comitted to winning and trying to improve this horrible D.

The problem I have is that if they are serious about some of these guys there is no reason why they haven't signed at least 1 by now. CP will have to show me before I believe it.

nmt1
We usually do take that ho-hum approach, but given Carl and Dick both only have one year on their contracts and the tone of the fans-the heat is on. I haven't pissed and moaned about this at all, I've said that I think a sense of urgency is important so we don't lose out on other potential FAs that could help improve our team, I know you defend everything in the FO, but I won't apologize for wanting to see my team give their all and land some quality players this off-season.

Ho hum as in signing Shawn Barber, Vonnie Holday and Dexter McCleon all in one offseason(2003)?
Or ho hum as in trading for Trent Green and signing Priest Holmes in 2001?
Or ho hum as in trading for Willie Roaf and signing Johnnie Morton in 2002?
If these are ho hum off seasons, your expectations are too high.

BigChiefFan
Translation:

"Titus has cut me to ribbons each time I've professed the same tired, unsupported argument...... No mas."
Titus hasn't done that in the least. I'm still here aren't I? I've just been done that road before. There's several threads with both of us bickering back and forth and it just isn't something I care to go through again and again, because I believe Titus loves to argue trivial crap.

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I heard that Carl is BTK

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 11:22 AM
...because I believe Titus loves to argue trivial crap.

Well, BCF, you sell yourself short, I didnt think this thread was 'trivial crap', but if you think your threads are trivial crap, I have to disagree with you...they're hardly trivial.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Kind of like how it gets dumb when you my post and tell me I am happy with the Chiefs losing?

ROFL

Keep digging.Did you use the icon that shakes it head at what I'm saying? Implying that you disagree? If so, that is why I said that. To prove a point, that's it's perfectly okay to want to see improvements, as opposed to those that defend the FO tooth and nail.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't have a problem with patience but I think that this team needs to come out fast and sign a big name FA to get the fans and their own players to believe that they are comitted to winning and trying to improve this horrible D.

The problem I have is that if they are serious about some of these guys there is no reason why they haven't signed at least 1 by now. CP will have to show me before I believe it.
Heh, it seems as though you DO have a problem with patience. Its no big deal but the first phrase and the rest of the post dont quite match up.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Titus hasn't done that in the least. I'm still here aren't I? I've just been done that road before. There's several threads with both of us bickering back and forth and it just isn't something I care to go through again and again, because I believe Titus loves to argue trivial crap.

You're the one making stuff up. Carl stated that the number is too high for them. That's a definitive statement. You said he waffled on Surtain. I never heard Carl even mention his name until this article.
Do you know what waffling is? It saying something like "I voted for it before I voted against it."

HC_Chief
02-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Three other veteran cornerbacks, Tennessee's Samari Rolle, Washington's Fred Smoot and Seattle's Ken Lucas, are also on the Chiefs' priority list. Rolle, a favorite of defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, was released recently by the Titans in a cost-cutting move.

Smoot wants a ton of money... as do Law and Surtain. Rolle and Lucas may come cheaper than the rest; and both would be immediate upgrades. If it means the difference between being able to add a legit MLB or not, I say go for the less expensive corners. Rolle and Lucas are both excellent cover-men; both are better than what we've had since Hasty.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Did you use the icon that shakes it head at what I'm saying? Implying that you disagree? If so, that is why I said that. To prove a point, that's it's perfectly okay to want to see improvements, as opposed to those that defend the FO tooth and nail.
Actually, I proceeded to make a post that questioned your intelligence and I stand by it.

siberian khatru
02-28-2005, 11:26 AM
If we again fail to get anything done over the course of this off season to improve the defense, then I will again call for Carl's head as well as Dick's. In the meantime, this is all part of the process and it has just begun. I don't think we should be too concerned just yet. They have said they realize the teams short comings and they intend to do something about it. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now that that is true. If they fail in the end.... then we'll call them out at that time.

...jmo.

What he said. :thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:26 AM

Translation:

My threads are trivial crap...

EDIT: Godammit Titus, ya beat me to it.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Heh, it seems as though you DO have a problem with patience. Its no big deal but the first phrase and the rest of the post dont quite match up.

I have patience with the trade part as I realize that there is alot to go into that.

But that shouldn't preclude the Chiefs for coming out of the gate and sign at least 1 FA fast. More than anything they should do it to get the fan base and their own players excited again.

BigChiefFan
Translation:

My threads are trivial crap...I agree. Your threads are trivial crap.

CrazyHorse
I opened this thread thinking....waffling? What tha.....?

But I see that you all have basically the same perspective as I have.

With that in mind, I wont let it stop me from dog piling on BCF.

Sack up buddy. Pre emptive whining wont gain you any points. And in the unlikely event that you are given the opportunity to claim that you were right about the whole thing, go screw yourself. You arrogant prick.

I'm out. :thumb:

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Long overdue...

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Smoot wants a ton of money... as do Law and Surtain. Rolle and Lucas may come cheaper than the rest; and both would be immediate upgrades. If it means the difference between being able to add a legit MLB or not, I say go for the less expensive corners. Rolle and Lucas are both excellent cover-men; both are better than what we've had since Hasty.

Rolle is going to get a $15 million signing bonus from the Redskins. IMO the Chiefs would have never even sniffed coming close to that offer.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:29 AM
But that shouldn't preclude the Chiefs for coming out of the gate and sign at least 1 FA fast. More than anything they should do it to get the fan base and their own players excited again.

What's more important is targeting a specific player and doing what you can to sign him. The time frame in which that happens makes no difference to me.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I opened this thread thinking....waffling? What tha.....?

But I see that you all have basically the same perspective as I have.

With that in mind, I wont let it stop me from dog piling on BCF.

Sack up buddy. Pre emptive whining wont gain you any points. And in the unlikely event that you are given the opportunity to claim that you were right about the whole thing, go screw yourself. You arrogant prick.

I'm out. :thumb:Is that really necessary? It's a goddamned click around here. I guess some just can't handle a difference of opinion.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:31 AM
I guess some just can't handle a difference of opinion.

Oh there's someone around here who can't handle differences in opinion all right...

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:33 AM
What's more important is targeting a specific player and doing what you can to sign him. The time frame in which that happens makes no difference to me.

IMO they need to sign a FA during the 1st week of free agency if they don't I will extremely disappointed especially if all of the top D players are gone by then.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Is that really necessary? It's a goddamned click around here. I guess some just can't handle a difference of opinion.

Clique.

htismaqe
Did you use the icon that shakes it head at what I'm saying? Implying that you disagree? If so, that is why I said that. To prove a point, that's it's perfectly okay to want to see improvements, as opposed to those that defend the FO tooth and nail.

The shaking head smilie doesn't at all look like it's displaying "disagreement".

It looks like it's displaying abject resignation.

I still find it funny that anyone that dares disagree with you is considered to "defend the FO tooth and nail".

Get it through your head. Everybody here is not defending the FO. They're disagreeing with YOU. Those two things are NOT the same.

KCTitus
IMO they need to sign a FA during the 1st week of free agency if they don't I will extremely disappointed especially if all of the top D players are gone by then.

Does it matter who, or just a signing?

Eleazar
Oh there's someone around here who can't handle differences in opinion all right...

Very nice ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:35 AM
I agree. Your threads are trivial crap.

Well!!

I guess some here can't handle a difference of opinion.

I'm outraged.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Get it through your head. Everybody here is not defending the FO. They're disagreeing with YOU. Those two things are NOT the same.
Thank you.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Cool. 1st day is March 2, no?

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:38 AM

God forbid the Chiefs disappoint you.

siberian khatru
I still find it funny that anyone that dares disagree with you is considered to "defend the FO tooth and nail".

Yeah, I disagree with BCF, but I'll be damned if I'm lumped together with kiss-ass homers like Titus and Parker. :p

BigChiefFan
The shaking head smilie doesn't at all look like it's displaying "disagreement".

It looks like it's displaying abject resignation.

Get it through your head. Everybody here is not defending the FO. They're disagreeing with YOU. Those two things are NOT the same. What exactly are they disagreeing with me on? That it isn't waffling? Talk about trivial.

HC_Chief
02-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Rolle is going to get a $15 million signing bonus from the Redskins. IMO the Chiefs would have never even sniffed coming close to that offer.

I dunno... depends on the terms of the contract. If it's a 5-yr deal, that's actually a very cap-friendly SB for a high-calibre corner

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Does it matter who, or just a signing?

It definitely matters who and the signing. I think they both go hand and hand. I don't anyone would be real excited if they signed Nate Hobgood-Chittick on the first day.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:41 AM
What exactly are they disagreeing with me on? That it isn't waffling? Talk about trivial.

You're the one who was concerned enough about the "waffling" to post a thread on it.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:42 AM
God forbid the Chiefs disappoint you.

So if the Chiefs waited around and all of the top FA's are gone you wouldn't be disappointed as well? Give me a break.

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 11:42 AM
You're the one who was concerned enough about the "waffling" to post a thread on it.

Dammit!!! Quit arguing trivial crap!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't think he's waffling this time around. It's called "negotiations."

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:44 AM
So if the Chiefs waited around and all of the top FA's are gone you wouldn't be disappointed as well? Give me a break.

I'm disappointed in the results of last season. I'm interested in seeing what happens this offseason. I refuse to be dissapointed or throw a fit if the Chiefs do or don't sign/draft a particular player.

Baby Lee
02-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Enough with all this unSurtainty.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:45 AM
What exactly are they disagreeing with me on? That it isn't waffling? Talk about trivial.

I disagree with you because you're making stuff up. Just because Carl doesn't automatically bend over and grab his ankles when an agent gives them their contract demands doesn't mean we won't be signing that player or any other for that matter.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm disappointed in the results of last season. I'm interested in seeing what happens this offseason. I refuse to be dissapointed or throw a fit if the Chiefs do or don't sign/draft a particular player.

Interesting. I will not throw a fit but I will be disappointed because I want this team to win the SB and there is no way they will with the current roster of D turds.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Where is Deberg to tell us about all the calls Carl made today?

Ebolapox
02-28-2005, 11:55 AM
eh, I'm not a waffle guy... I prefer oatmeal or a bagel

-EB-

nmt1
02-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Interesting. I will not throw a fit but I will be disappointed because I want this team to win the SB and there is no way they will with the current roster of D turds.

I don't know that they couldn't. Based on past performance, it doesn't seem likely but next year is next year.
Look at the Patriots. I guarantee you that they don't care when they sign the guys they want. They, like other smart teams, target specific players and do what they can to sign them. I'd rather see the Chiefs do that than just sign some guy because it's the first day of free agency and he's got a big name.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I dunno... depends on the terms of the contract. If it's a 5-yr deal, that's actually a very cap-friendly SB for a high-calibre corner

All signing bonuses are pro-rated as if the contract was 4-years.

The CBA expires in 4 years.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM

--Chiefplanet Public Service Announcement--

The free agency signing period starts Wednesday, March 2nd.

That's approximately 48 hours in the FUTURE.

wazu

I agree it's early to start crying about this. But the problem is that the sky really does fall every year at some point, so people who predict it gain more credibility with each passing season.

Eleazar
Where is Deberg to tell us about all the calls Carl made today?

bwahahaha... that was humorous.

guess there is a tinfoil hat crowd in the main forum as well.

shakesthecat
02-28-2005, 12:02 PM

Cool, hopefully Carl can get away for a little vacation until then.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 12:04 PM

BCF comes back from his free agent research.

http://www.bttfmovie.com/images/photos/bttfp_05.jpg

nmt1
02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Cool, hopefully Carl can get away for a little vacation until then.

Actually, I heard he and Vermiel were heading out Wednesday morning.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
If we land either Surtain, Smoot, or Rolle, I'll stick a waffle up my pee hole.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Actually, I heard he and Vermiel were heading out Wednesday morning.

Good.

The less say he has, the better.

Rausch
02-28-2005, 12:08 PM

And as a further note, I'd like to add that the point is to aquire GOOD players, not the most recognized players.

Holmes was not a big name FA. Green was not a big name player. TRich was not a top name. Neither was Watters.

They were all good players. How many of them were signed or traded for the first week of free agency?

It's like people are saying "Holy $#it! We're 1-2, NO WAY we make the playoffs now!"

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 12:10 PM
BCF comes back from his free agent research.

http://www.bttfmovie.com/images/photos/bttfp_05.jpg
LOL. It's all in good fun.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 12:14 PM
LOL. It's all in good fun.
:) Indeed.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't know that they couldn't. Based on past performance, it doesn't seem likely but next year is next year.
Look at the Patriots. I guarantee you that they don't care when they sign the guys they want. They, like other smart teams, target specific players and do what they can to sign them. I'd rather see the Chiefs do that than just sign some guy because it's the first day of free agency and he's got a big name.

I am not saying hey on the first day they need to sign one but I think the first week is enough time. They have had 3 months to get their plan figured out.

My concern is that CP will drag his feet and be tough and we will lose out on some very good football players.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 12:25 PM

True but they are some talented players that are available now.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I am not saying hey on the first day they need to sign one but I think the first week is enough time. They have had 3 months to get their plan figured out.

My concern is that CP will drag his feet and be tough and we will lose out on some very good football players.

I have no inside knowledge but I'm pretty sure they have a plan.
I think many accuse Carl of dragging his feet when, in reality, the player either didn't want to play in KC or got a better offer from another team.

Chris Meck
02-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I disagree that we wouldn't look at a $15 million signing bonus for Rolle. He's what, 28? Spread that out over 5 years, say, and that's $3 mill. a year for a very good corner. Not a problem. Give Lucas a deal for slightly less, and you're set at corner for the next 5 years. Warfield becomes your nickel. Battle to safety. Secondary's good.

AND, you could still look at a LB of equal quality/price.

Chris

mlyonsd
02-28-2005, 01:05 PM

I hope we do just to hear how this exercise turns out.

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 01:10 PM
This thread(post) is worthless without pics.

DenverChief
02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd bet if Carl doesn't get Surtain he goes for Starks...it just seems to possible

dirk digler
I have no inside knowledge but I'm pretty sure they have a plan.
I think many accuse Carl of dragging his feet when, in reality, the player either didn't want to play in KC or got a better offer from another team.

Of course they have a plan and I can understand a player not wanting to play here but there should be no reason to get out bid IMO because Lamar makes 40 million dollars a year off of the Chiefs. If the #1 guy they want wants to play here then they need to sack up and over pay if that what it takes.

DenverChief

dude......not

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 01:14 PM
dude......not
Just need proof.

Rausch
02-28-2005, 01:14 PM

nmt1
02-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Of course they have a plan and I can understand a player not wanting to play here but there should be no reason to get out bid IMO because Lamar makes 40 million dollars a year off of the Chiefs. If the #1 guy they want wants to play here then they need to sack up and over pay if that what it takes.

Easy decision to make with someone else's money. Whether you like it or not, the Chiefs aren't going to over pay for players. They just don't do it. I expect Lamar doesn't allow it.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Easy decision to make with someone else's money. Whether you like it or not, the Chiefs aren't going to over pay for players. They just don't do it. I expect Lamar doesn't allow it.

I don't expect them to pay over $10 million signing bonus for any player. CP has been on record many times that he will not give a FA off the street more bonus money than Priest, Gonzo, or Trent.

Though I would differ that they certainly overpayed for Chester, Brett Perriman, Johnnie Morton, and Dan Williams.

nmt1
02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't expect them to pay over $10 million signing bonus for any player. CP has been on record many times that he will not give a FA off the street more bonus money than Priest, Gonzo, or Trent.

Though I would differ that they certainly overpayed for Chester, Brett Perriman, Johnnie Morton, and Dan Williams.

In hindsight, you can say they overpaid for those players. What I'm saying is that they're not going to go out and throw piles of money around.

dirk digler
02-28-2005, 01:37 PM
In hindsight, you can say they overpaid for those players. What I'm saying is that they're not going to go out and throw piles of money around.

If we aren't going to throw alot of money around who do forsee the Chiefs signing?

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Much thanks to the invention of the check.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I will post pictures if so.

DenverChief
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Much thanks to the invention of the check.
ROFL

chiefsfolife
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
you guyz keep bringin up champ but maybe he just sucks we can get someone better than him...hes a worthless piece of shit

Wile_E_Coyote
02-28-2005, 02:19 PM
There are more than likely players yet to be released we as fans no nothing about.

Logical
02-28-2005, 03:12 PM

Actually Zach I think this post is some ignorant shit, about 1/2 a dozen people are trying to paint BCF into a corner for expressing his opinion. An opinion he has every right to express, in the process he not suprisingly becomes defensive and makes a statement with some hyperbole. Sort of like saying Well Excuse Meee for Living. Then you jump on him in a way overboard fashion for something I believe you should be smart enough to recognize.

Logical
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
You're the one making stuff up. Carl stated that the number is too high for them. That's a definitive statement. You said he waffled on Surtain. I never heard Carl even mention his name until this article.
Do you know what waffling is? It saying something like "I voted for it before I voted against it."Carl said it is up to the agent to come down to a number the Chiefs can live with, well if you ask me it is up to Carl to negotiate with the agent to obtain an acceptable number. Thus the waffling on his desire for Surtain does seem to be a somewhat reasonable opinion.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Carl said it is up to the agent to come down to a number the Chiefs can live with, well if you ask me it is up to Carl to negotiate with the agent to obtain an acceptable number. Thus the waffling on his desire for Surtain does seem to be a somewhat reasonable opinion.

I can see that. :hmmm:

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Carl said it is up to the agent to come down to a number the Chiefs can live with, well if you ask me it is up to Carl to negotiate with the agent to obtain an acceptable number. Thus the waffling on his desire for Surtain does seem to be a somewhat reasonable opinion.

Do you have a quote from Carl stating that Surtain was their guy regardless of price? If you do, then you've got a waffle, but right now, it sounds like a negotiation. Player/agent go high, club goes low and hopefully the reach agreement in the middle.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Do you have a quote from Carl stating that Surtain was their guy regardless of price? If you do, then you've got a waffle, but right now, it sounds like a negotiation. Player/agent go high, club goes low and hopefully the reach agreement in the middle.

Good points.

I'm sure they want him, and they've got time since the other CBs (except for Law and Rolle) won't be able to set up anything until Wednesday.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I just hope that when push comes to shove, they move quickly, because most of the FA moves happen within the first 7 to 10 days, then all the top ones are gone.

booger
02-28-2005, 03:39 PM
try it sideways.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
try it sideways.

If they sign two of them, it goes in with butter and syrup...sideways.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually Zach I think this post is some ignorant shit, about 1/2 a dozen people are trying to paint BCF into a corner for expressing his opinion. An opinion he has every right to express, in the process he not suprisingly becomes defensive and makes a statement with some hyperbole. Sort of like saying Well Excuse Meee for Living. Then you jump on him in a way overboard fashion for something I believe you should be smart enough to recognize.
H never backed away from that statment. He is doing the same thing to Frankie on another thread. PM me when I shouldn't take other posters for what they type on this board. He has his opinion just like everyone else is...it just so happens its once that I think is dumb along with a horde of other people. Its nice to see you join in the fray because you are on the same side...

But what do I know. I am happy with 7-9. ROFL

Logical
02-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Clearly you have a personal opinion of what waffling describes that is very specific. For you to impose that on others is not only unfair to their right to an opinion but slightly arrogant. I am one of the most arrogant people on this BB so I recognize the tendency is difficult to overcome.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Of course he has a right to express his opinion. He expresses his opinion quite often. And of course, his opinion is generally somewhat inflammatory.

And others have a right to critique that opinion - that's the PURPOSE of this board. When you post the things he does, it's not surprising that it gets TONS of responses. That's what happens when you make bold, often rash statements.

Of course, BCF also has the right to act like a victim because people are getting "too personal". He exercises that right EVERY TIME he posts...

Logical
02-28-2005, 03:47 PM
H never backed away from that statment. He is doing the same thing to Frankie on another thread. PM me when I shouldn't take other posters for what they type on this board. He has his opinion just like everyone else is...it just so happens its once that I think is dumb along with a horde of other people. Its nice to see you join in the fray because you are on the same side...

But what do I know. I am happy with 7-9. ROFL

I do not know if I am on the same side or not, kind of depends on which of the many issues that are involved. If it is hating Carl, then absolutely, if it is we should sign Surtain then as I said on earlier thread about Trotter I do not want the trade if it means a 2nd rounder this year because it will likely cause Carl to want to trade down to pick up a replacement 2nd or 3rd rounder.

booger
02-28-2005, 03:47 PM
If they sign two of them, it goes in with butter and syrup...sideways.
Dude, that's your pee hole. Get some advil and whiskey cause that stings like heck. :deevee:

Never tried it with a waffle. But the old cotton swab DNA test for std's really hurts. At least that's what Endelt said. ROFL

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Clearly you have a personal opinion of what waffling describes that is very specific. For you to impose that on others is not only unfair to their right to an opinion but slightly arrogant. I am one of the most arrogant people on this BB so I recognize the tendency is difficult to overcome.

When did this BB get into this new age touchy feely crap? What a bunch of nonsense.

Logical
02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
When did this BB get into this new age touchy feely crap? What a bunch of nonsense.Probably does crimp your sarcastic style a little, oh well.

KCTitus
02-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Probably does crimp your sarcastic style a little, oh well.

No, it's just more grist for the mill...I just cant believe how many times Ive read this crap today. If you make a statement have the sack to defend it.

It's obvious he couldnt and ran away.

BigChiefFan
02-28-2005, 04:16 PM
No, it's just more grist for the mill...I just cant believe how many times Ive read this crap today. If you make a statement have the sack to defend it.

It's obvious he couldnt and ran away.No, it's just boring and more drivel. I could careless about going back and forth about something that I could two shits about. Why should I care what your definition of waffling means? Like I said trivial.

Logical
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM

It's obvious he couldnt and ran away.Actually he did, he just could not to your extremely specific definition. Under the circumstances he did the smart thing and just said we are getting nowhere and gave up. You were not going to become reasonable with the definition so he had no hope. It was your definition which you have a right to, so it was the smart thing to do, not gutless at all.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
No, it's just boring and more drivel. I could careless about going back and forth about something that I could two shits about. Why should I care what your definition of waffling means? Like I said trivial.

Why should he care what you think about Carl Peterson? You're just one fan, meaning that your opinion is also trivial.

Kclee
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
waf·fle1 (wŏf'əl)
n.
A light crisp battercake baked in a waffle iron.

[Dutch wafel, from Middle Dutch wāfel.]

waf·fle2 (wŏf'əl) Informal.

v., -fled, -fling, -fles.

v.intr.
To speak or write evasively.

v.tr.
To speak, write, or act evasively about.

n.
Evasive or vague speech or writing.

[Probably frequentative of obsolete waff, to yelp, probably of imitative origin.]

waf'fler n.
waf'fling·ly adv.
waf'fly adj.

tk13
02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
waf·fle1 (wŏf'əl)
n.
A light crisp battercake baked in a waffle iron.

[Dutch wafel, from Middle Dutch wāfel.]

waf·fle2 (wŏf'əl) Informal.

v., -fled, -fling, -fles.

v.intr.
To speak or write evasively.

v.tr.
To speak, write, or act evasively about.

n.
Evasive or vague speech or writing.

[Probably frequentative of obsolete waff, to yelp, probably of imitative origin.]

waf'fler n.
waf'fling·ly adv.
waf'fly adj.
It took over 150 posts for someone to figure out doing this would solve this entire thread... :)

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
It took over 150 posts for someone to figure out doing this would solve this entire thread... :)

It doesn't really solve anything.

Carl was being neither vague nor evasive.

Therefore, BCF would not be satisfied.

I guess the Webster's dictionary is just fine with the fact that we haven't won a playoff game in 11 years!

tk13
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
It doesn't really solve anything.

Carl was being neither vague nor evasive.

Therefore, BCF would not be satisfied.

I guess the Webster's dictionary is just fine with the fact that we haven't won a playoff game in 11 years!
Dude! Don't mess with Webster!

http://dieselnation.blogs.com/photos/images/webster.jpg

Dave Lane
02-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah

Dave

tiptap
02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
A known quantity like Surtain is well worth a 2nd round pick and Miami isn't going to keep him and it is all about picks in the draft. And I can't see them really wanting another round one pick anyway. That means big money contract and puts them back in a bind with the cap. So the deal with Miami isn't the problem. The problem is the amount of money for the contract with Surtain.
You can't really pay him in first year bonus what the market is espousing from last years CB grab in Denver. In addition we can't overshadow our offensive players. Top 3 offensive team for 3 straight years. But this lopsidedness in talent away from the defense has to be address. We haven't had any success on that side of the ball so no defensive player is going to be able to wail if someone is brought in with a bigger contract.
The answer may be a contract like Marvin Harrison of Indy. How did Indy get to keep Manning, Harrison and the rest of that offensive team line and RB. Well as I understand Harrison's contract, the bonus money is actually doled out to him in different years. It doesn't start counting against cap until the year designated for the bonus and the hit if he is cut isn't all the potential bonus because it isn't handed out the first year. Surtain must realize he could help the Chiefs. He probably thinks he has 4 or 5 good years left. He probably could afford to stagger his bonus giving confidence to KC he wants to stay and play. Now he is due what 7 million this year but knows he won't see it from Miami. 7 million bonus this year, 4 next and 2 the third makes 13 million quarantee for three years go plus base salary and he lands on a team that is there offensively and can hardly lose if he performs just to give us decent coverage on both sides of the field. You don't have to pay a 2nd rounders salary so you still have money for one more FA and signing for 1st round defensive player. Am I off kilter?

KCWolfman
02-28-2005, 11:13 PM
15 to 20 mil for a single season is insane. Unless you are sure you have ALL the other tools necessary, Surtain is not worth the face value to the Chiefs and we don't have all the other tools.

I have already been Vonnie Holliday'ed this decade - we don't need to double down and have it happen again.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 11:15 PM
15 to 20 mil for a single season is insane. Unless you are sure you have ALL the other tools necessary, Surtain is not worth the face value to the Chiefs and we don't have all the other tools.

I have already been Vonnie Holliday'ed this decade - we don't need to double down and have it happen again.
So I assume you are happy with the Chiefs not making the playoffs?

ROFL

Logical
02-28-2005, 11:17 PM
A known quantity like Surtain is well worth a 2nd round pick and Miami isn't going to keep him and it is all about picks in the draft. And I can't see them really wanting another round one pick anyway. That means big money contract and puts them back in a bind with the cap. So the deal with Miami isn't the problem. The problem is the amount of money for the contract with Surtain.
You can't really pay him in first year bonus what the market is espousing from last years CB grab in Denver. In addition we can't overshadow our offensive players. Top 3 offensive team for 3 straight years. But this lopsidedness in talent away from the defense has to be address. We haven't had any success on that side of the ball so no defensive player is going to be able to wail if someone is brought in with a bigger contract.
The answer may be a contract like Marvin Harrison of Indy. How did Indy get to keep Manning, Harrison and the rest of that offensive team line and RB. Well as I understand Harrison's contract, the bonus money is actually doled out to him in different years. It doesn't start counting against cap until the year designated for the bonus and the hit if he is cut isn't all the potential bonus because it isn't handed out the first year. Surtain must realize he could help the Chiefs. He probably thinks he has 4 or 5 good years left. He probably could afford to stagger his bonus giving confidence to KC he wants to stay and play. Now he is due what 7 million this year but knows he won't see it from Miami. 7 million bonus this year, 4 next and 2 the third makes 13 million quarantee for three years go plus base salary and he lands on a team that is there offensively and can hardly lose if he performs just to give us decent coverage on both sides of the field. You don't have to pay a 2nd rounders salary so you still have money for one more FA and signing for 1st round defensive player. Am I off kilter?

I think you have a pretty good idea on a way to structure a contract but I think this years bonus would have to be more like 9 million, other than that very creative.

KCWolfman
02-28-2005, 11:19 PM
So I assume you are happy with the Chiefs not making the playoffs?

ROFL
Yeah, being a fair weather fan for the last 34 years has really made me think I just don't need the extra pressure.

nmt1
03-01-2005, 06:38 AM

And that's exactly what Carl said. The number is too high. You can't get much more clear than that. He's negotiating.
I've never heard Carl mention any one single thing about Surtain ever in the past. Therefore, it's impossible for him to waffle on his desire to sign him. It sounds to me like he would still like to sign him but not at the current asking price. Leave out 'somewhat reasonable' and I'll agree with your last sentence.
I can't believe you of all people are trying to defend this tripe. Then again yes I can. You're still throwing a fit about something that happened almost two years ago. You couldn't get within 1000 miles of objectivity.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 07:05 AM
We must be really, really bored to be overreacting like this to normal negotiating tactics.

tomahawk kid
03-01-2005, 07:35 AM
It would be nice to get Surtain in here via a trade BEFORE we bring in Rolle tommorow.

That way, KC has the better hand in negotiations.

I feel much better about landing one of these guys (Surtain or Rolle) as long as we're not competitively bidding against Daniel Snyder.

If you only get one of these guys, I think the Chiefs still gotta go CB in the 1st round.

nmt1
03-01-2005, 07:36 AM
We must be really, really bored to be overreacting like this to normal negotiating tactics.

Bored and/or looking for a reason to piss and moan.

nmt1
03-01-2005, 07:39 AM
It would be nice to get Surtain in here via a trade BEFORE we bring in Rolle tommorow.

That way, KC has the better hand in negotiations.

I feel much better about landing one of these guys (Surtain or Rolle) as long as we're not competitively bidding against Daniel Snyder.

If you only get one of these guys, I think the Chiefs still gotta go CB in the 1st round.

I think if they completed the deal for Surtain, they'd cancel the visit with Rolle. I seriously doubt we'd go after two guys that will ask for $10+ million signing bonuses.

jspchief
03-01-2005, 07:56 AM
I haven't decided what's worse, the guy thats overreacting, or the ten guys that have turned his overreaction into a 12 page thread to tell him he's wrong....

tomahawk kid
03-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I haven't decided what's worse, the guy thats overreacting, or the ten guys that have turned his overreaction into a 12 page thread to tell him he's wrong....

That happens every day around here.

Manila-Chief
03-01-2005, 08:23 AM
I think if they completed the deal for Surtain, they'd cancel the visit with Rolle. I seriously doubt we'd go after two guys that will ask for $10+ million signing bonuses.

I fully agree with you. Kingless will only get one CB. Many of us would like 2 CB's and maybe a couple of LB's... but I think 1 of each is all we can expect.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Bored and/or looking for a reason to piss and moan.
HEY...We're Chiefs fans...it's our God given right!!!

:)

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I don't think we could afford to sign two front line corners (and anything else...), in the long term, unless we somehow managed at least one phenomenal deal. Even if we're taking our last shot before the so-called "window" closes, we still have to responsibly consider future cap considerations. There's only so far you can go.