PDA

View Full Version : Will Carl try to make a quick signing tomorrow to take some sting out of Whitlock?

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 11:20 AM
and the no salary cap soldier march? I'm planning on heading down for it tomorrow, anything to shake CPs tree is OK in my book. Anyone else going? Would be fun to have a ChiefsPlanet cheering section.

For the record I think this is funny as hell and I do think Carl IS actually affected by it. When the last time he wrote an article on how the salary cap works and how much cap space we would have to sign a player?

Dave

ct
03-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I certainly hope so, and I would be there if I could.

eazyb81
03-01-2005, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a trade for Surtain later today or tomorrow. I think a free agent signing will take a little longer because players will want to fully test the market.

Bowser
03-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't think Carl could give a shit less about Whitlock. I think Carl sees the slow sales of tickets for the upcoming year, and realizes that his fan base is paying a little more attention to the team than they usually do in the off-season. THAT is his motivating factor.

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Personally I think the idea that a 1,000 fans might show up on the Plaza protesting the job he is doing within sight of his condo is at least slightly disturbing to him.

Dave

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't think Carl could give a shit less about Whitlock. I think Carl sees the slow sales of tickets for the upcoming year, and realizes that his fan base is paying a little more attention to the team than they usually do in the off-season. THAT is his motivating factor.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner.

tyton75
03-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I dont' think Carl cares one bit..

Braincase
03-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I see CP pretty much telling JWhit to STFD and STFU. Look for a deal with Surtain, Rolle, or another marquis name just to piss off Whitlock.

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I see CP pretty much telling JWhit to STFD and STFU. Look for a deal with Surtain, Rolle, or another marquis name just to piss off Whitlock.

I don't care what the frick it takes to motavative him just get off your ass and work on spending some of Lamars $2.3 billion net worth.

Dave

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
yep ... agreed

all about the greenbacks

patteeu
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
When is it?

eazyb81
03-01-2005, 11:45 AM
2-6 tomorrow at Grand Falloon.

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Tomorrow afternoon 2-6 at the Granfallon on the Plaza.

Dave

Eleazar
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Hmm. Where do you guys get your intelligence about ticket sales? I missed the link showing slow ticket sales for the upcoming season. ...

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Hmm. Where do you guys get your intelligence about ticket sales? I missed the link showing slow ticket sales for the upcoming season. ...
perception counts

the fact that the chiefs are now advertising season tickets etc and the growing dissatisfaction of the fanbase leads to that perception.

Eleazar
03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
perception counts

the fact that the chiefs are now advertising season tickets etc and the growing dissatisfaction of the fanbase leads to that perception.

They were advertising them last year and the year before that, because I got offers in the mail both times as I was on the season ticket waiting list.

Eleazar
03-01-2005, 11:56 AM
They were advertising them last year and the year before that, because I got offers in the mail both times as I was on the season ticket waiting list.

And I might add that there were newspaper ads about both season and regular season tickets, flyers coming in the mail throughout the season, etc. This isn't just now happening.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 11:57 AM

As Laz said, alot of it is speculation on our part.

There's plenty of evidence to show that ticket sales have slowed over the last few years (ie. the waiting list for season tickets, while not announced by the Chiefs, is apparently GONE).

Carl isn't stupid. He may be arrogant and he might not know a whole lot about football. But when it comes to the money side of this business, you can bet he's one of the best in the business.

Bowser
03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Carl isn't stupid. He may be arrogant and he might not know a whole lot about football. But when it comes to the money side of this business, you can bet he's one of the best in the business.

Absolutely. It would be great to keep him as President/CEO and hire a true General Manager. Hell, give him Steadman's place and let Jack go enjoy retirement.

Eleazar
03-01-2005, 12:31 PM
As Laz said, alot of it is speculation on our part.

There's plenty of evidence to show that ticket sales have slowed over the last few years (ie. the waiting list for season tickets, while not announced by the Chiefs, is apparently GONE).

Just trying to keep it real... pretty often you see things posted around here as fact that you'd have to be Carl to know.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Absolutely. It would be great to keep him as President/CEO and hire a true General Manager. Hell, give him Steadman's place and let Jack go enjoy retirement.

yep and yep

peterson = great CEO
peterson = great president
peterson = very mediocre GM

keep Peterson in the Ivory tower and hire a new GM from outside the organization... and not one of carl high school buddies. :spock:

heh... did someone say Pioli ... coulda sworn i heard someone say that :p

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/03/01/chiefs_hierarchy_in_atlanta_for_key_meeting/

Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, vice chairman Clark Hunt, and president Carl Peterson will be in Atlanta, Georgia with other NFL hierarchy on Wednesday, March 2, for an executive session called by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
yep and yep

peterson = great CEO
peterson = great president
peterson = very mediocre GM

keep Peterson in the Ivory tower and hire a new GM from outside the organization... and not one of carl high school buddies. :spock:

heh... did someone say Pioli ... coulda sworn i heard someone say that :p

I would prefer getting rid of Carl altogether. I don't think Carl's ego would permit him to sit upstairs without meddling in the football part of the business...

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/03/01/chiefs_hierarchy_in_atlanta_for_key_meeting/

Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, vice chairman Clark Hunt, and president Carl Peterson will be in Atlanta, Georgia with other NFL hierarchy on Wednesday, March 2, for an executive session called by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

Yeah, that's been out there for a few days.

Tags called an exec meeting on the 1st day of free agency. What an idiot.

Bowser
03-01-2005, 12:39 PM

That's OK. We still have Denny Thum on the job!

:shake:

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Thats almost retarded! I mean I know this couldn't have waited like a week or something or god forbid video conference.

Dave
Jeez!

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:44 PM
That's OK. We still have Denny Thum on the job!

:shake:

YAY!

:sulk:

ck_IN
03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
ok you seriously think CP gives a whit about what Whitlock or the general fan base thinks? He might give it some lip service as a PR move but deep down I doubt he gives a flying fig about either. As long as theres a waiting list for season tickets he's fine with it.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:56 PM
ok you seriously think CP gives a whit about what Whitlock or the general fan base thinks? He might give it some lip service as a PR move but deep down I doubt he gives a flying fig about either. As long as theres a waiting list for season tickets he's fine with it.

There's some pretty strong evidence that the waiting list is gone.

Brock
03-01-2005, 12:57 PM

There is no waiting list. Everybody on my block is getting solicitations in the mail.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
There is no waiting list. Everybody on my block is getting solicitations in the mail.

And that's why Carl is talking to agents and at least efforting to be active in free agency...

BigRedChief
03-01-2005, 01:00 PM

I think King Carl is a good business man. Even though you have a captive client base(the majority wont quit patronizing your business no matter what you do wrong) to your decisions he still must care how the "fans" feel about the team. What the media think about him and write about him he cares way too much about. What the "fans" think he cares too little about. His arrogance filters down through the whole organization.

Example......They lost my check that I sent in to pay for my season tickets. They lost it. They had the seat upgrade paper and everything else but they "misplaced" the check. This was sent in 2 weeks before the deadline. So instead of me sending in a new check they wanted me to come to Arrowhead and pay in person because it was after the deadline now or I'll lose my season tickets. And no I cant pay with a credit card because its in the system already as a check.
After much ado my options were either drive out to arrowhead and fix the problem caused by them through no fault of my own or give up the season tickets. Can you tell me another customer service oriented business that could get away with treating clients that way?

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I think King Carl is a good business man. Even though you have a captive client base(the majority wont quit patronizing your business no matter what you do wrong) to your decisions he still must care how the "fans" feel about the team. What the media think about him and write about him he cares way too much about. What the "fans" think he cares too little about. His arrogance filters down through the whole organization.

Example......They lost my check that I sent in to pay for my season tickets. They lost it. They had the seat upgrade paper and everything else but they "misplaced" the check. This was sent in 2 weeks before the deadline. So instead of me sending in a new check they wanted me to come to Arrowhead and pay in person because it was after the deadline now or I'll lose my season tickets. And no I cant pay with a credit card because its in the system already as a check.
After much ado my options were either drive out to arrowhead and fix the problem caused by them through no fault of my own or give up the season tickets. Can you tell me another customer service oriented business that could get away with treating clients that way?

They're not a customer service-oriented business. They sell a product. I know lots of companies that do exactly what you just described.

Not only that, but your once again bitching about your season tickets. This is ENTERTAINMENT. All this seems to do for you is make you upset. Why the **** do you buy them?

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
And that's why Carl is talking to agents and at least efforting to be active in free agency...

or "efforting to appear" to be active in free agency

BigRedChief
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
They're not a customer service-oriented business. They sell a product. I know lots of companies that do exactly what you just described.

Not only that, but your once again bitching about your season tickets. This is ENTERTAINMENT. All this seems to do for you is make you upset. Why the **** do you buy them?

So you are saying that if I have passion and a love for the Chiefs that I should just meekly accept everything that they do. Or else just stop being a fan?

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
or "efforting to appear" to be active in free agency

I thought of that right after I posted it...

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
SEEMS is your opinion

he has a right to be disatisfied and still "buy" a product

he has a right to complain and try to change said product

just because you don't agree or understand doesn't change what he can/should do.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
So you are saying that if I have passion and a love for the Chiefs that I should just meekly accept everything that they do. Or else just stop being a fan?

I'm not suggesting you should accept anything.

But what you are saying is absolutely perplexing to me. It's like Pavlov's dog.

I can't imagine liking something enough that I'd continuously let it kick me in the nuts and keep coming back.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:14 PM
SEEMS is your opinion

he has a right to be disatisfied and still "buy" a product

he has a right to complain and try to change said product

just because you don't agree or understand doesn't change what he can/should do.

He has every right to be dissatisfied.

He has every right to complain.

He has every right to try and change said product.

But if ALL he gets out of it is heartache, despite the fact that he HAS complained, and he HAS tried to change the product, why keep coming back?

I'm simply stating I don't understand. You guys want to label me a homer and apologist, but the simple fact is that I would NEVER BUY Chiefs' season tickets. They don't deserve my money.

BigRedChief
03-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm not suggesting you should accept anything.

But what you are saying is absolutely perplexing to me. It's like Pavlov's dog.

I can't imagine liking something enough that I'd continuously let it kick me in the nuts and keep coming back.
You haven't been a Chiefs fans very long huh?

Kick in the nuts come around often in these here parts
Linn Elliot
Elvis
Steve Bono
13-3 Home field advantage twice
35 years without a Super Bowl
and so on and so on

I can't stop being a Chiefs fan no matter how much I dislike King Carl. I was a Chiefs fan long before he got here and I'll be here long after he's gone.

jspchief
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
You put your name on the waiting list, you'll get tickets the same year. In essence, the waiting list is just a reservation for the upcoming season. I know that for fact.

Dave Lane
03-01-2005, 01:21 PM
He has every right to be dissatisfied.

He has every right to complain.

He has every right to try and change said product.

But if ALL he gets out of it is heartache, despite the fact that he HAS complained, and he HAS tried to change the product, why keep coming back?

I'm simply stating I don't understand. You guys want to label me a homer and apologist, but the simple fact is that I would NEVER BUY Chiefs' season tickets. They don't deserve my money.

I agree same reason I've never had season tickets. Get me a new dynamic GM and I could change my mind. Plus throwing-up / losing my mind is best done in private.

Dave

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:23 PM

Linn Elliot
Elvis
Steve Bono
and so on and so on

I can't stop being a Chiefs fan no matter how much I dislike King Carl. I was a Chiefs fan long before he got here and I'll be here long after he's gone.

I've been a fan since the early 80's. I've been a hardcore fan since about 86-87. I've been a quite disappointed fan since 1998, when Carl decided to try to "salvage" the Marty years by hiring Gunther.

Being a fan does not REQUIRE that you buy tickets and go to the games. In fact, not buying those tickets is the surest way to make sure the team changes like you want them to.

And not to leave without kicking you in the nuts one more time, we went 13-3 and lost at home THREE times, not twice. :thumb:

slivo6
03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking about organizing a march against Jason Whitlock.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 01:36 PM

has he told you that "ALL he gets out of it is heartache"?

or is that an assumption on your part?

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:37 PM
has he told you that "ALL he gets out of it is heartache"?

or is that an assumption on your part?

It's an assumption on my part, based on the volume of incessant bitching he does here every day.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but if he doesn't want people to "assume", maybe he should try being less monotonous...

BigRedChief
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
It's an assumption on my part, based on the volume of incessant bitching he does here every day.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but if he doesn't want people to "assume", maybe he should try being less monotonous...

Maybe if you find my posts trite and monotonus you should try the ignore option.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Maybe if you find my posts trite and monotonus you should try the ignore option.

Why?

Disagreeing with you and then watching you "handle" it is too much fun.

patteeu
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Just trying to keep it real... pretty often you see things posted around here as fact that you'd have to be Carl to know.

Carl Peterson posts on the Planet under the usernames LazarASS, SDChiefsFan, Anton, Philfree, BigRedChief, Bowser, ck_in, shaneo69, and Phobia among others. It's pretty hilarious to read if you are in on the joke.

Respectfully,

Denny Thum

Bowser
03-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Carl Peterson posts on the Planet under the usernames LazarASS, SDChiefsFan, Anton, Philfree, BigRedChief, Bowser, ck_in, shaneo69, and Phobia among others. It's pretty hilarious to read if you are in on the joke.

Respectfully,

Denny Thum

Don't push me, them, US, patteeu Thum.

Calcountry
03-01-2005, 06:45 PM

Linn Elliot
Elvis
Steve Bono
and so on and so on

I can't stop being a Chiefs fan no matter how much I dislike King Carl. I was a Chiefs fan long before he got here and I'll be here long after he's gone.What if they move the team to Los Angeles? Would that do it?

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
A quick signing wouldn't surprise me, but if it happens it won't have anything to do with the 'rally'.

BigRedChief
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
What if they move the team to Los Angeles? Would that do it?

Yes, thats a deal breaker. I would then lap at the heels of the expansion team we would get here in KC.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Is he still having the rally even though he quit?