PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

Calcountry
03-01-2005, 11:27 AM
In the absence of hockey, and in this intermittant time prior to the opening of Baseball, its all about college hoops.

We have a local basketball team here that is playing pretty exciting ball right now, so I am going for the home team.

Pacific Moves up to No. 17 in Latest Polls Tigers to face Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside in final Big West Games Feb. 28, 2005 The Pacific men's basketball team has moved up to No. 17 nationally in the Feb. 28 Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today coaches polls. It is the fourth week in a row that the Tigers have been nationally ranked. Pacific is ranked for the first time since the end of the 1966-67 season. The Tigers are 23-2 overall and 16-0 in Big West Conference play. Pacific has the second longest current winning streak in the nation at 19 consecutive victories. Pacific is next in action at Cal State Fullerton on March 3 at 7:05 p.m. The game can be heard online at pacifictigers.com and nationally on Sirius Satellite Radio (ch. 110).

Lzen
03-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Yup, Pacific is a good team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a little noise in the NCAA tournament this year. KU fans know all about them as we played them in the tournament last year as well as a game at Kemper this year.

But don't tell the Jayhawk haters that. They just don't wanna believe the fact that KU had an extremely tough non-conference schedule. BTW, Pacific is also ranked #21 in the RPI.

Calcountry
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Yup, Pacific is a good team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a little noise in the NCAA tournament this year. KU fans know all about them as we played them in the tournament last year as well as a game at Kemper this year.

But don't tell the Jayhawk haters that. They just don't wanna believe the fact that KU had an extremely tough non-conference schedule. BTW, Pacific is also ranked #21 in the RPI.Being an alum of Fresno, it has always been hard for me to pull for Pacific, but heck, I mean I almost live in Stockton. I remember that game last year V Kansas, and you guys were just to big on the glass in the second half and pulled away from them.

Looking forward to some fun. :thumb: