PDA

View Full Version : Pastabelly's top 32 FAs - Rolle #1

The Bad Guy
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2002360

He has just about every MLB with a likely destination spot as the Chiefs.
Trotter, Bell, Pierce...

Good read.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Strange that he only listed us as a destination for Ty Law, and none of the other corners. Wonder if that means he thinks we'll get Surtain via a trade, or that he doesn't think we're willing to pony up the bonus money.

The Bad Guy
03-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Strange that he only listed us as a destination for Ty Law, and none of the other corners. Wonder if that means he thinks we'll get Surtain via a trade, or that he doesn't think we're willing to pony up the bonus money.

Projected landing spot: Cleveland, Kansas City, Dallas, Oakland, Minnesota

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 03:14 PM
As I said, he listed us for Ty Law, but none of the other corners...

The Bad Guy
03-01-2005, 03:16 PM
As I said, he listed us for Ty Law, but none of the other corners...

I'm retarded. Sorry.

HolmeZz
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Under Jonas Jennings he has a picture of Jim Kleinsasser.

The Bad Guy
03-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Under Jonas Jennings he has a picture of Jim Kleinsasser.

And under Chike Okeafor's he has Dhani Jones.

shaneo69
03-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Apparently Pastabelly is sticking to his story that the Redskins are going to pay Rolle a $15 mil signing bonus.

Kclee
03-01-2005, 03:42 PM

I know. All the talk recently is about CB's. The LB talk has taken a back seat. I was starting to wonder if we were going to address that any time soon. It's nice to hear Carl talking to CB agents, but LB is just as big a hole. I can't wait 'til tomorrow.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I know. All the talk recently is about CB's. The LB talk has taken a back seat. I was starting to wonder if we were going to address that any time soon. It's nice to hear Carl talking to CB agents, but LB is just as big a hole. I can't wait 'til tomorrow.

It's a diversion.

All of the talk is about CB's because we're going to sign a LB.

philfree
03-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Apparently Pastabelly is sticking to his story that the Redskins are going to pay Rolle a $15 mil signing bonus.

Let's see :hmmm: Pastabelly writes article saying Rolle is going to Wash for big big bucks and then he has him at the top of his FA list :hmmm: Wonder how much he's making under the table to push Rolle?

PhilFree :arrow:

Spicy McHaggis
03-01-2005, 05:20 PM
How come Kevin Carter is three? Or are these not in any particular order?

HolmeZz
03-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't think they're in order.

booger
03-01-2005, 05:26 PM
My biggest problem with Rolle is his arrest two weeks ago. His wife had to have 3 stitches above her eye. While I don't mind us going for a guy with some troubles, is he going to be suspended for this? We already have 1 corner who is going to miss time in EW.

That and the fact he has been hurt and his #'s are down.

We need to land one of these top CB's quickly. I still Like the Surtain route the best.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-01-2005, 06:29 PM
No it means we're going to sign David Terrell, a wide receiver.

It's a diversion.

All of the talk is about CB's because we're going to sign a LB.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
That and the fact he has been hurt and his #'s are down. I say this as a general statement, not specific about Rolle: numbers for corners can be misleading. Good corners can have lower INT numbers because teams don't test them, and corners on teams with strong line and LB play won't generally have high tackle numbers. So a guy can be good, but his stats might not necessarily reflect that.

In fact, that goes for all positions. Raw numbers can be misleading.

Injuries are something else. As are off-the-field issues.

booger
03-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I say this as a general statement, not specific about Rolle: numbers for corners can be misleading. Good corners can have lower INT numbers because teams don't test them, and corners on teams with strong line and LB play won't generally have high tackle numbers. So a guy can be good, but his stats might not necessarily reflect that.

In fact, that goes for all positions. Raw numbers can be misleading.

Injuries are something else. As are off-the-field issues.
True.

I guess thinking that way, Surtain is bound to have better numbers with a guy like Madison on the other side, compared to a young up and comer in Dyson of Tenn. for Rolle.

The loss of Kearse didn't help his numbers either.