PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV Service Blows

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry Skip.... :D

My Golf Channel programming isn't coming in tonight "Call To Order..." message on the screen...Tonight is the Big Break 3 episode and was wanting to watch it since it has some hot broads on there....Hot broads that play good golf is a nice combo...So anyway I call cause I want to get this resolved before tonight at 9:00....Good thing I called at 5:45 because I am now heading into hour NUMBER 2 waiting on hold!

1 hour 57 minutes and 11 seconds as I type!

Phobia
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah - that's pretty wrong. Hope you don't get Habib.

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah - that's pretty wrong. Hope you don't get Habib.

I'm just hoping Habib can fix the damn problem....

After 1 and a half hours I went to the website and emailed them.....it said that it may take 3 to 5 days to respond....That may be quicker than they answer the phone. :D

FloridaChief
Imagine all the people, complaining cuz they can't watch PPV golf...

--Rejected John Lennon lyric, circa 1971

Logical
Truly I am shocked the longest I have ever had to wait was 5 minutes and usually get someone right away. Course in the 7 years I have had it I have only had to call about a half dozen times it works so well.

HemiEd
03-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Wow, I have always had great service from them. I think it has been about seven years at least. Sorry to hear about your problems.

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Truly I am shocked the longest I have ever had to wait was 5 minutes and usually get someone right away. Course in the 7 years I have had it I have only had to call about a half dozen times it works so well.

That has been my history with them also...Never more than a 15 minute wait. That is why I can't believe I am now at 2 hours and 8 minutes....I'm about to throw in the towel and give up.

grandllama
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Don't you still have to go thru Pegasus in Indy?

Got I don't miss that company.

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Don't you still have to go thru Pegasus in Indy?

Got I don't miss that company.

Nope...Never did for the first 7 years I had the service in my other home...I moved to the far northside about 5 months ago and that area was covered by them....It lasted like 6 weeks before everything transitioned over to DirecTV...So only had an account with them for less than 2 months.

For the record I threw in the towel at 2 hours and 17 minutes.

Calcountry
03-01-2005, 07:11 PM
That has been my history with them also...Never more than a 15 minute wait. That is why I can't believe I am now at 2 hours and 8 minutes....I'm about to throw in the towel and give up.They probably laid a bunch of people off as it seems now that they want you to try a lot of pre recorded fixes first, to get you off the phone without ever getting to a person.

I am currently on hold as well over a totally separate issue.

Calcountry
03-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah - that's pretty wrong. Hope you don't get Habib.or Jougdish, or Patel, Achmed.

Herzig
03-01-2005, 07:13 PM
That has been my history with them also...Never more than a 15 minute wait. That is why I can't believe I am now at 2 hours and 8 minutes....I'm about to throw in the towel and give up.

PM Skip..he'll give you the "Tech. Service direct connect line"! You'll maybe wait 15 seconds.

Skip Towne
03-01-2005, 07:42 PM
They are updating their computer system "to better serve you". I had to wait almost 2 minutes today. Boy was I pissed. The number is 800 730 4742.

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
They are updating their computer system "to better serve you". I had to wait almost 2 minutes today. Boy was I pissed. The number is 800 730 4742.

I'm guessing you didn't call the 800-531-5000 line...

Thanks for the number.

Skip Towne
03-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm guessing you didn't call the 800-531-5000 line...

Thanks for the number.
If that is busy, go to their website and turn it on yourself. The website should be listed on your bill.

NaptownChief
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
If that is busy, go to their website and turn it on yourself. The website should be listed on your bill.

Your number worked within 60 seconds....

Turns out that the Golf Channel got scrapped from the Sports Package and added to Total Choice Plus. Total Choice Plus cost me an extra $3 per month but I get to drop the $12 per month I was paying for the Sports Package and the Golf Channel was the only reason I had the Sports Package.

Very quick fix with your number...Thanks

Herzig
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Your number worked within 60 seconds....

Turns out that the Golf Channel got scrapped from the Sports Package and added to Total Choice Plus. Total Choice Plus cost me an extra $3 per month but I get to drop the $12 per month I was paying for the Sports Package and the Golf Channel was the only reason I had the Sports Package.

Very quick fix with your number...Thanks

Skip is the man! Rep to him.

Thanks for the info on the Golf channel. I think my bill will be going up $3 now too.

Skip Towne
03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm always glad to help you guys out. Phobia gives me a free membership to the Planet for being the Directv guru. Always try me before you pay for a service call.