PDA

View Full Version : Samarri Rolle in for a visit?

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
• 01MAR05 Nashville Tennessean : It appears the Chiefs will get the first crack at former Titans CB Samari Rolle when the NFL's free agency period begins. Rolle is scheduled to arrive in Kansas City for a visit tomorrow. The Chiefs are looking for veteran help at the position, but only have between $4 million and $5 million in cap room. There were reports out of Washington D.C. yesterday that Rolle was in serious contract talks with the Redskins, but last night there were no indications a deal was imminent.

Thig Lyfe
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that Gunther's connection to the Titans will allow us to sign Rolle. He will not take the deal with the most money involved.

Yep.

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that Gunther's connection to the Titans will allow us to sign Rolle. He will not take the deal with the most money involved.

Yep.He is coming here first so he can drive up his asking price and sign with another team.

MGRS13
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
• 01MAR05 Nashville Tennessean : It appears the Chiefs will get the first crack at former Titans CB Samari Rolle when the NFL's free agency period begins. Rolle is scheduled to arrive in Kansas City for a visit tomorrow. The Chiefs are looking for veteran help at the position, but only have between $4 million and $5 million in cap room. There were reports out of Washington D.C. yesterday that Rolle was in serious contract talks with the Redskins, but last night there were no indications a deal was imminent.
Hot off the presses...yesterday!

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Hot off the presses...yesterday!
Oh well, I didn't see it until today and it carried todays date. so kick back and enjoy reading it again and hope he is made a legitimate offer.

MGRS13
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh well, I didn't see it until today and it carried todays date. so kick back and enjoy reading it again and hope he is made a legitimate offer.
I'm just ribbin you any how dude. Any FA rumor crap on the board is cool with me....even if it is old news. :thumb:

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm just ribbin you any how dude. Any FA rumor crap on the board is cool with me....even if it is old news. :thumb:
Don't worry, I don't get upset on here very often. I just come to read up on the new stuff and hope that every now and then I can contribute myself. I read more often than I post. It would be great if we could get a FA CB and LB. Then draft a top LB in round 1. I am not opposed to a WR either of the game changing mold.

TRR
03-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Like always, if Peterson allows him to walk out the door without a contract, he will sign elsewhere.

Rolle isn't first on my priority list. I would rather have Surtain (2nd round pick included) and or Ed Hartwell before Samari Rolle.

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Like always, if Peterson allows him to walk out the door without a contract, he will sign elsewhere.

Rolle isn't first on my priority list. I would rather have Surtain (2nd round pick included) and or Ed Hartwell before Samari Rolle.
There are so many FA LB's and CB's available this year that are better than what we currently have starting. It would be a shame if we didn't sign at least two of them.

cmh6476
03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
nice wxclamation marks :rolleyes:

TRR
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I tell you what...Looking at Rolle's numbers, I am not all that impressed. He has missed 7 games in the last 2 seasons, and only had 1 INT and 28 tackles last season (missing 4 games). Plus he just got done beating up his wife. I only get to see Rolle play once or twice a season, but if he comes cheap...fine...if not...not a big deal.

I would rather have Smoot, Surtain, or Baxter before Rolle.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2005, 08:27 PM
nice wxclamation marks :rolleyes:

screwed up the thread... :shake:

cmh6476
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
%(/

FRCDFED
03-01-2005, 08:40 PM
That's alright, the two chicks dancing on your screen fixes everything. :p

HipHopper4Life
03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
ESPN radio (Pat Kirwin?) said that we offered Rolle a contract with a 16.5 million dollar signing bonus that he is expected to sign tomorrow.

DaWolf
03-01-2005, 10:28 PM
16.5 million dollar signing bonus
sign tomorrow.

ROFL

cmh6476
03-01-2005, 10:28 PM
:(

unlurking
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
ESPN radio (Pat Kirwin?) said that we offered Rolle a contract with a 16.5 million dollar signing bonus that he is expected to sign tomorrow.
Wow!

Was not expecting that!