PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, I had to compromise to get the wife onboard, but it looks like the new Mustang thing will become a reality this summer.

The compromise will be getting the less expensive V6 model, as opposed to the V8 GT, and waiting a couple of months to order it (I want a very specific combination of colors/features that none of the local dealers seem to have, so I'll have to order it from the factory). The GT would have been great, but this makes more sense, I guess, at least economically. It certainly beats sleeping on the couch for several months.

So at some point this summer, I'll have my torch red 2005 Mustang with red/black leather interior, all-wheel disc brakes with traction control, automatic transmission and 6-disc CD changer.

Should be a fun drive down to KC for the next banquet weekend.

:thumb:

Coach
03-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Sounds good Fraz. Just don't wreck it. ;)

Pants
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
That's freaking awesome. I'm jealous. Naturally the V8 would be a f*cking dream but still, a 2005 Tang is so bad ass, god! Look at the bright side, you won't be spending as much money on gas as on the V8.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Sounds good Fraz. Just don't wreck it. ;)

Christ, at least let me drive it off the damned lot before I have to worry about that. :eek:

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
That's freaking awesome. I'm jealous. Naturally the V8 would be a f*cking dream but still, a 2005 Tang is so bad ass, god! Look at the bright side, you won't be spending as much money on gas as on the V8.

Yeah, that's one of the key considerations. Besides costing several thousand dollars less, it will get better mileage and be cheaper to insure. I'll only have one car (the wife doesn't drive), and it doesn't make much sense to have a V8 gas hog as my sole means of transportation.

Pants
03-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that's one of the key considerations. Besides costing several thousand dollars less, it will get better mileage and be cheaper to insure. I'll only have one car (the wife doesn't drive), and it doesn't make much sense to have a V8 gas hog as my sole means of transportation.

F'sho. I'm sure even the V6 won't be very cheap to insure, but that's the sacrifice you have to make to drive a tang.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:22 PM
BTW, this is what it'll look like:

Eleazar
03-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Sweet ride Fraz :thumb:

TEX
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Cool car, but I'd WAIT for the V8. The performance is like night and day.

Frazod
F'sho. I'm sure even the V6 won't be very cheap to insure, but that's the sacrifice you have to make to drive a tang.

Actually, it won't be that much more. I already checked with my agent - even the GT would only have been $25 more a month. I figure the standard coupe price increase won't amount to much.

Insurance is one of the few aspects of life where being an old fart is a good thing, plus I get a 15% accident-free discount in June (knock on wood).

TEX

Kclee
03-01-2005, 11:26 PM
BTW, this is what it'll look like:

Chick magnet.

2bikemike
03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Damn Fraz should have just done it. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:28 PM

I'd love to. If any of my lotto investments pay off, I'll get five of them. But reality must intrude on the dream.

Besides, this car will be a cop magnet anyway. Having one capable of breaking the sound barrier would only enhance that. :spock:

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Damn Fraz should have just done it. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I could have. My wife's name isn't on my current car. But OH MY GOD the repercussions would have been BAD.

:$2500:

Plus, I want to ramp up the payments on my trade-in for a few months.

Pants
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
What are you driving now?

Sure-Oz
03-01-2005, 11:32 PM
You just gotta get a V8, no v6ers man on a muscle car man.

Frazod
What are you driving now?

2003 Pontiac Vibe. Not a damn thing wrong with it, except that it ain't a 2005 Mustang. I will miss its hauling capacity and excellent gas mileage. Oh well.

Miles
and it doesn't make much sense to have a V8 gas hog as my sole means of transportation.

Yeah you have that right. I have an older model cobra as my only means and it gets about 13mpg on premium in the city. It really gets old puting gas in it.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
You just gotta get a V8, no v6ers man on a muscle car man.

Sure. Mind paying my mortgage?

Pants
03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah you have that right. I have an older model cobra as my only means and it gets about 13mpg on premium in the city. It really gets old puting gas in it.

Holy shit, I thought my 26 were bad compared to my old car.

Barret
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
I have a 2002 Mustang GT. You might want to rethink the v6 over the V8. It is a few bucks more but there is a definate differance in seat of the pants feel.

I was waiting till 2006 when the Cobra or Boss version comes out with the IRS suspension system. Seems to work a lot better at the track.

Here are a couple of sites that might interest you.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/stripes.htm

This site allows you to see what your new mustang would look like with a stripe kit on it.

www.corner-carvers.com

They arent specific to mustang but there are some mustang enthusists there. They have a search function so if you have some question look there first. Also read the wiki cause they eat people alive. But if you are at all into thinking about tracking your car for a HPDE then they have a ton of knowledge to give out.

Have some pictures of me at the track with my '02. Just trying to get the pictures down to a smaller size and I would post them. If anyone have any hints pm me.

Sure-Oz
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Sure. Mind paying my mortgage?
Not trying to be negative, i just think later you'll wish you were able to wait on it or get a V8, i wonder if the v6 is a dog cause my sisters 2001 v6 is slooooow. These look like heavier cars too. It's your money, they are nice, im just a car buff that would liek to go all out on the model i wanted if i could or rather wait.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:38 PM

They're coming out with a Cobra edition in 2006, BTW.

Bwana
03-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Good looking rig Tim, you will be able to blow back your hair in that thing. :)

2bikemike
I could have. My wife's name isn't on my current car. But OH MY GOD the repercussions would have been BAD.

:$2500:

Plus, I want to ramp up the payments on my trade-in for a few months.

That ain't no shit. I bought my truck without my wife and that really put a huge crimp in our relationship for quite a while. Now I just whine and cry until I get my way. :)

Frazod
Not trying to be negative, i just think later you'll wish you were able to wait on it or get a V8, i wonder if the v6 is a dog cause my sisters 2001 v6 is slooooow. These look like heavier cars too. It's your money, they are nice, im just a car buff that would liek to go all out on the model i wanted if i could or rather wait.

I figure it'll probably be about the same power-wise as my old Monte Carlo, which was fine by me. I'm not looking for a rocket ship here.

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:40 PM

Only if I take my shirt off..... :D

2bikemike
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Now thats funny right there. ROFL

Bwana

LMAO, oh yeah, ROFL

Coach

ROFL

Inspector
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Man, just tell her it's a V6 and go ahead and get the V8.

"Yeah hon, the engineers at Ford have actually incorporated 2 spare cylinders here on the side of the engine. See, right there? That's so you'll have a spare in case one of them was to lose compression. You know I only want whats in your best interest sweetheart and I couldn't stand the thought of you being stranded somewhere because I didn't go ahead and get those spare cylinders....."

I have to go shopping Thursday to get my son a washer and dryer for a house warming present. My wife comes up to me today and asks if we can stop by somewhere and get a new car while we're out. She wants a mini van to haul the grandkids around.

I just looked at her and said, uh, no.

I wanna haul 'em around in a V8 Mustang!!!

BTW, extremely cooool car. Damn, I want one. (eh, I'll end up with a stinkin mini van, dammit!)

Bwana
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
BTW: I'm thinking about heading down the Deadwood this weekend, you need me to make any bets for you?

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Man, just tell her it's a V6 and go ahead and get the V8.

"Yeah hon, the engineers at Ford have actually incorporated 2 spare cylinders here on the side of the engine. See, right there? That's so you'll have a spare in case one of them was to lose compression. You know I only want whats in your best interest sweetheart and I couldn't stand the thought of you being stranded somewhere because I didn't go ahead and get those spare cylinders....."

I have to go shopping Thursday to get my son a washer and dryer for a house warming present. My wife comes up to me today and asks if we can stop by somewhere and get a new car while we're out. She wants a mini van to haul the grandkids around.

I just looked at her and said, uh, no.

I wanna haul 'em around in a V8 Mustang!!!

BTW, extremely cooool car. Damn, I want one. (eh, I'll end up with a stinkin mini van, dammit!)

My wife just might fall for that. I think the $500 car payment might clue her in, though. :banghead:

As for the minivan, damn, that sucks. :shake:

I guess I'll be seeing you going slow in the fast lane, then. :D

Frazod
03-01-2005, 11:50 PM
BTW: I'm thinking about heading down the Deadwood this weekend, you need me to make any bets for you?

Hopefully I'll be making my own bets there next year. We're heading out to Colorado on vacation this year.

Inspector
03-02-2005, 12:03 AM
My wife just might fall for that. I think the $500 car payment might clue her in, though. :banghead:

As for the minivan, damn, that sucks. :shake:

I guess I'll be seeing you going slow in the fast lane, then. :D

That extra safety (for her) costs a few extra bucks. No amount is too much when considering your wife's best interest. :thumb:

And yeah, the mini van sucks. I'll have to figure out a way to not get it and make her think it was her idea.......not that she is the boss of the house or anything....

ok, she's the boss. I'll admit it. How do you think I got so sneaky...

2bikemike
03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Hopefully I'll be making my own bets there next year. We're heading out to Colorado on vacation this year.

Maybe in your new Mustang?

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:08 AM

As it stands now, we're going out with our neighbors, who have never been to the Black Hills.

So it'll probably be in a rented minivan. :spock:

beavis
03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Very nice dude, I'm jealous.

Hold out for the V8 though, or just lie like Inspector said. :)

Bwana
03-02-2005, 12:25 AM
With a 44 mag on an Elway hunt no doubt. :thumb:

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Very nice dude, I'm jealous.

Hold out for the V8 though, or just lie like Inspector said. :)

No can do. But this works.

BTW, this is the side view (minus the "GT" emblem, unfortunately).

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:26 AM
And this is the interior package I'm going to get. :thumb:

Pants
03-02-2005, 12:28 AM
What kind of rims?

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:32 AM
What kind of rims?

Here's a better picture of the V6 coupe. I believe the rims pictured are standard.

Miles
03-02-2005, 12:34 AM
And this is the interior package I'm going to get. :thumb:

Very nice :thumb: Love the black/red contrast.

I really like how they finally changed the leather seats. The old ones had large pieces of leather that wrinkle/show wear pretty bad.

The red shouldnt get that hot during the summer either.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 12:38 AM
That's a pretty cool ride, Tim.

You should try to sell you other ride FSBO and see if you can do better than what the dealer is offering. Make sure you figure in the tax benefits of a trade, though.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Very nice :thumb: Love the black/red contrast.

I really like how they finally changed the leather seats. The old ones had large pieced of leather that wrinkle/show wear pretty bad.

The red shouldnt get that hot during the summer either.

I'm insistant on that particular interior, which is why I'll have to special order one. None of the dealerships in the area have any (either that or the ones they get in get bought instantly).

And I think you're right about the red being better in the summer. I don't want to get barbequed getting into a car with a black interior.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:43 AM
That's a pretty cool ride, Tim.

You should try to sell you other ride FSBO and see if you can do better than what the dealer is offering. Make sure you figure in the tax benefits of a trade, though.

If I had another car, I might consider it. But I'll need the old one right up until the time I get the new one.

Plus, I hate dealing with people.

Besides, my current vehicle is only 2 years old and in good shape. I shouldn't have any trouble getting a good price. According to Kelly's, trade in value is over $10K, and I only owe $5.5K.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 12:48 AM
If I had another car, I might consider it. But I'll need the old one right up until the time I get the new one.

Plus, I hate dealing with people.

Besides, my current vehicle is only 2 years old and in good shape. I shouldn't have any trouble getting a good price. According to Kelly's, trade in value is over $10K, and I only owe $5.5K.

If the dealership is willing to give $10k, an individual will pay $12k. I dunno - maybe the logistics would be difficult. I just hate to see friends giving away that much money.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:54 AM
If the dealership is willing to give $10k, an individual will pay $12k. I dunno - maybe the logistics would be difficult. I just hate to see friends giving away that much money.

The logistics would be a pain in the ass. If I sold the old car before the new one came in, then I'd have to rent a car until it did. That could definitely eat into the savings.

And again, I REALLY HATE dealing with people, and don't have a sales mentality. I think I'd rather get jobbed by the dealer a bit than deal with a bunch of douchebags calling at all hours and bothering me at home.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 12:55 AM
BTW - I'm also getting personalized plates. I figure the odds of "FRAZOD" being taken are pretty low. :D

elvomito
03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
hey frazod... you might be happier with one of these
http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp

elvomito
03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
only $141k

SBK
03-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, I had to compromise to get the wife onboard, but it looks like the new Mustang thing will become a reality this summer.

The compromise will be getting the less expensive V6 model, as opposed to the V8 GT, and waiting a couple of months to order it (I want a very specific combination of colors/features that none of the local dealers seem to have, so I'll have to order it from the factory). The GT would have been great, but this makes more sense, I guess, at least economically. It certainly beats sleeping on the couch for several months.

So at some point this summer, I'll have my torch red 2005 Mustang with red/black leather interior, all-wheel disc brakes with traction control, automatic transmission and 6-disc CD changer.

:loser: This thing ain't a chick magnet, it's a chick car!

Frazod
03-02-2005, 01:03 AM
hey frazod... you might be happier with one of these
http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp

Shit. If I could afford one of those, I'd get a Mercedes hardtop convertible. :)

Frazod
03-02-2005, 01:04 AM
:loser: This thing ain't a chick magnet, it's a chick car!

I live in one of the most congested metropolitan areas in the country. YOU try driving a stick in Chicago traffic. :shake:

Coach
03-02-2005, 01:05 AM
I live in one of the most congested metropolitan areas in the country. YOU try driving a stick in Chicago traffic. :shake:

Well pretend it's NASCAR? :shrug: lol

SBK
03-02-2005, 01:07 AM

Im moving to Atlanta getting one of these with a 6 speed.

http://www.csi-auto.nl/carshopping/0726/infiniti_g35_coupe4.jpg

By the way, you know Im just messing with ya! :thumb:

It's customary to tell a fella that's getting a V-6 auto Mustang that it's a chick car. :p

Frazod
03-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Well pretend it's NASCAR? :shrug: lol

Been there, done that. I had a stick shift car when I first moved up here in the 80s. Nearly drove me insane, even back then. I do NOT have the patience for it.

If this was a "weekend" car, or I lived out in the country, I'd be all over the manual trans. Neither scenario applies.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Im moving to Atlanta getting one of these with a 6 speed.

http://www.csi-auto.nl/carshopping/0726/infiniti_g35_coupe4.jpg

By the way, you know Im just messing with ya! :thumb:

It's customary to tell a fella that's getting a V-6 auto Mustang that it's a chick car. :p

Good luck. I guess you're far more tolerant of that shit than I am. It'll be interesting to see how you feel about it a year from now.

Coach
03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Been there, done that. I had a stick shift car when I first moved up here in the 80s. Nearly drove me insane, even back then. I do NOT have the patience for it.

If this was a "weekend" car, or I lived out in the country, I'd be all over the manual trans. Neither scenario applies.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I try to avoid using manual transmission since it's a royal pain in the ass.

Speaking of Chicago Frazod, I might be heading up there in the last week of July. If you are interested in hangin out at a bar or resturant and hang out while we could talk about the up-coming 2005 season of the Chiefs, let me know.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I try to avoid using manual transmission since it's a royal pain in the ass.

Speaking of Chicago Frazod, I might be heading up there in the last week of July. If you are interested in hangin out at a bar or resturant and hang out while we could talk about the up-coming 2005 season of the Chiefs, let me know.

Sounds like a plan. Give me the details later. I have no plans to be anywhere during that time.

I'm outta here. Goodnight.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:13 AM
I drove a manual in Houston for years. I prefer a manual. It wasn't manual because I'm a cheap bastard, it was manual because it was a fast piece of performance machinery.

SBK
03-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I drove a manual in Houston for years. I prefer a manual. It wasn't manual because I'm a cheap bastard, it was manual because it was a fast piece of performance machinery.

Manual is the way to go, but I can see why folks would get sick of it in bad traffic.

SpitLightning
03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
get the V8 I have a 2000 gt, I drove my buds V6 and its a competly differrent car no PONIES under the Hood.

I dont think there that bad on Gas my old school stang was way worse on gas.

just my 2cents
either way its a beautiful car I will be purchasing a 2006 cobra when avialable in the same color

the torch red is simular to my Lazer Red GT

peace

Ari ümlaüt
03-02-2005, 01:30 AM
I will never buy a new car. It doesnt make fiscal sense to me. Why pay 25K for a new vehicle when I can buy a solid 6-7 year old car for 1/4 the price? Id rather invest for my future.

That being said... the 2005 Mustang is BADASS!

Pants
03-02-2005, 01:36 AM

911 Turbo?

Logical
03-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Congrats Tim, be sure and post a pic this summer after you get it.

Pants
03-02-2005, 01:39 AM
BTW, I saw the exact GT90 outside the mizzery football stadium back when we played them there. Surprised they had cars like that in Columbia/Missourah...

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:40 AM
911 Turbo?

Not quite that nice. I needed a family rig. Looked like this.

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/ford9/csvt2.jpg

For a Ford sedan, that thing had everything I needed.

Pants
03-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Not quite that nice. I needed a family rig. Looked like this.

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/ford9/csvt2.jpg

For a Ford sedan, that thing had everything I needed.

Wow, what kind of Ford is that? Is that some version of a Probe?

Miles
03-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Wow, what kind of Ford is that? Is that some version of a Probe?

SVT Contour i think.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Contour SVT. Mine had a small, tasteful spoiler across the trunk as well.

I'm sure you've seen the vanilla Contours on the road. They're kinda crappy - look just like a Mazda 626. The performance Contour was quite nice.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Wow - it was a long time ago when I had that. You were still toting your Saved By The Bell lunchbox to Elementary school, Metrolike.

Pants
03-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Yeah, w/e. I only had Ninja Turtles lunch boxes. Besides, I started using brownbags eventually.

Miles
03-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Contour SVT. Mine had a small, tasteful spoiler across the trunk as well.

I'm sure you've seen the vanilla Contours on the road. They're kinda crappy - look just like a Mazda 626. The performance Contour was quite nice.

Yeah the SVT was almost a completly different car from the regular one. And also had the plus of so few of them being on the road.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Yeah the SVT was almost a completly different car from the regular one. And also had the plus of so few of them being on the road.

Mine flew. I could take Mustangs with it - not all of them of course, but the V6's and V8 automatics.

One time I drove from Iowa to Houston in 10 hours. That's a 14-15 hour drive.

Pants
03-02-2005, 01:58 AM
I know they race Contours with Seats in the V8 Supercars. Didn't know they had Contours as road cars or, at least, not in the U.S.

Miles
03-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I know they race Contours with Seats in the V8 Supercars. Didn't know they had Contours as road cars or, at least, not in the U.S.

The base models were pretty common in the mid to late 90's. It looked kind of like a smaller, sportier taurus.

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/ford/1997/97_ford_contour_se-1.jpg

Pants
03-02-2005, 02:06 AM
The base models were pretty common in the mid to late 90's. It looked kind of like a smaller taurus.

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/ford/1997/97_ford_contour_se-1.jpg

Oh shit, you are right... :banghead: Wow, I'm an idiot. I remeber now.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Ford still makes them, but they call them the 500 now.

CrazyHorse
03-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Not trying to steal your thunder Fraz. But I am a fellow Mustang enthusiast.

I have a 64 and a half that I have been doing a frame up resto on for the lsat 4 years. I am 2 years from being done with it.

Also, I just sold my 97 Cobra to generate a down payment for a white 2005 GT Mustang that I ordered in December. It also has the interior upgrade package with the red leather and red insert package.

I am 10 weeks into my waiting period. They told me 12 to 16 weeks wait on the red interior stuff because of the parts are backed up. How long are they telling you it will take to get your car?

bigpimpingchief
03-02-2005, 05:59 AM
I got a 2000 v6 stang, Dark metallic green. Very cheap at the time but the insurance was a killer. I was 18 when I bought it. Put over $6,000 in the looks of it and I get girls looking at it all the time. Razzi body kit, chrome tailights, 17x8 Buillit wheels on the front, 17x10's on the back. Some graphics, chrome intrior. Obviously the car is my baby so Its well worth it to me.

I'm already lookin at a 2005 GT because I DO NOT want another v6. This year compared to mine is only 15 or so HP and NO GT has ever gotton close to being a stock 300hp. Also the stang was recognized as one of the top ten cars this year for the first time. Plus i'm picky what I want so hopefully by the summer the dealers have what i want. It's either that or a Mazda 6, Ford focus ST4, or nothing.......

HemiEd
03-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Excellent choice Frazod! Finally one of the big three got the retro thing rite with this car. I did not see resale mentioned in this thread but I would bet that it holds it well. :thumb:

King_Chief_Fan
03-02-2005, 07:14 AM

I ordered the Black GT with the red/black leather and all the other good stuff. 12-16 weeks wait for the order to arrive.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:19 AM

I have a 64 and a half that I have been doing a frame up resto on for the lsat 4 years. I am 2 years from being done with it.

Also, I just sold my 97 Cobra to generate a down payment for a white 2005 GT Mustang that I ordered in December. It also has the interior upgrade package with the red leather and red insert package.

I am 10 weeks into my waiting period. They told me 12 to 16 weeks wait on the red interior stuff because of the parts are backed up. How long are they telling you it will take to get your car?

They said three to four months. I'm probably going to order it in the next week or so.

Sounds like you're getting the exact model I originally wanted. You'll have to let us know how you like it when it finally shows up. :thumb:

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:21 AM
I ordered the Black GT with the red/black leather and all the other good stuff. 12-16 weeks wait for the order to arrive.

Black? I hope you don't washing it every five minutes.

But black cars look great when they're clean. Enjoy!

King_Chief_Fan
03-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Black? I hope you don't washing it every five minutes.

But black cars look great when they're clean. Enjoy!

Black Vehicles are all I have had the last several.
My wifes MB is black and I wash it about twice a week.
Might as well wash two while I am at it.

We might get these vehicles before football season!

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Black Vehicles are all I have had the last several.
My wifes MB is black and I wash it about twice a week.
Might as well wash two while I am at it.

We might get these vehicles before football season!

My 99 Monte Carlo was black. It was great when it was clean, but all it took was a couple of days of dust and a light rain to make it look like ass. I got sick of washing it all the time real quick.

And I'll definitely have mine before the season starts. PBJ

CrazyHorse
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
They said three to four months. I'm probably going to order it in the next week or so.

Sounds like you're getting the exact model I originally wanted. You'll have to let us know how you like it when it finally shows up. :thumb:

I would like to make a reccommendation to you.

I ordered a white one. It has already come in and gone. The reason is because when I ordered the car, they said they would give me one deal, but when it arrived the deal had changed. Thusly I refused to take delivery of the car.

All dealerships are wanting people to order the GTs because they cannot get them. Only priority orders are being taken by Ford due to the demand for the car. It would cost you nothing more to order a GT, and a 6 cylinder. I also ordered two GTs from another dealership. A black one and a white one because I wanted to see the black with the red interior. I have since seen one, and prefer the white/red combo over the black/red combo. It just looks cleaner.

The point of the story here though, is that by ordering 2 you will get to chose from more than one that you built. But also it gives the dealership the car you didn't want. They will be happy to get it. 4 months is a long time to wait for a car. Something might change between now and then to allow you to buy the V8.

I dont know if the dealership would do this on any car. Especially when they have a bunch on the lot. But your dealer would kill to get orders for this one. Also, you might order from more than one dealership to give you a little negotiating power. Just a thought. It has helped me out. Becuase had I only ordered the one car, I would have been screwed by the dealer on it. This gave me a little more ability to walk on the deal. Had I ordered one, I would have caved a little because I wouldn't have wanted to wait another 16 weeks. It cost you maybe a couple hundred on a deposit when you order. But you can refuse the car for any reason when it arrives. The deposit is fully refundable.

Finally... get your ass down there and get the car ordered@!. If there is a 4 month wait, what the hell are you waiting on?

I ordered the Shaker 100 stereo too. How about you?

King_Chief_Fan
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
CrazyHorse-
those are some pretty good thoughts. Not a bad angle at all.
I had to go to 4 dealers before I could find one that would let me order
one on the X plan. Basically that is $150 below dealer invoice.
I finally found one though.

CrazyHorse
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
CrazyHorse-
those are some pretty good thoughts. Not a bad angle at all.
I had to go to 4 dealers before I could find one that would let me order
one on the X plan. Basically that is $150 below dealer invoice.
I finally found one though.

Very Cool.

I am on the A plan. The car I ordered lists for 28,775

The A plan price is 25,411
The X plan price is 26,578

I doubt that X plan is under invoice. But it definately gives you an opportunity to get a good deal on a car that the dealer dont want to sell for less than sticker.

What is the qualifier for the X plan? My wifes mom retired from Ford. That's how I get the A plan deal. The way I understand it, A-plan is 2% under invoice. Ford reimburses the dealer for the invoice loss. The the dealer gets the delivery charges of about $625. That's why they dont want to do an X plan. Because they can get sticker on every car they get right now.

Make sure you get your deal on paper. That was my mistake. We hammered out the terms, then ordered the car. Nothing was in writing. I should know better. I was thinking they wanted to make a sale. But they wanted to make a better one. I was the vehicle they used to get the car on the lot. Then they wanted sticker price for it. It really is a good thing I had a couple other cars on order.

Rain Man
03-02-2005, 11:17 AM

I have a 64 and a half that I have been doing a frame up resto on for the last 4 years. I am 2 years from being done with it.

My dad used to make a living restoring old Mustangs. When I was in high school, I had a 1970 convertible, but at various other times in high school I drove 64-67 coupes, a 66 fastback, 65-66 convertibles, a 69 Mach I, and a 72 Mach I. I must say that that 1972 Mach I was one of the coolest cars I've ever driven.

Those new Mustangs rock, too. They're a design ripoff of the 1966 fastback, but that's a good thing. I saw one the other day, and I'm trying to remember what the paint/trim looked like, but it was different than the others. It was a dang sharp car.

CrazyHorse
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
My dad used to make a living restoring old Mustangs. When I was in high school, I had a 1970 convertible, but at various other times in high school I drove 64-67 coupes, a 66 fastback, 65-66 convertibles, a 69 Mach I, and a 72 Mach I. I must say that that 1972 Mach I was one of the coolest cars I've ever driven.

Those new Mustangs rock, too. They're a design ripoff of the 1966 fastback, but that's a good thing. I saw one the other day, and I'm trying to remember what the paint/trim looked like, but it was different than the others. It was a dang sharp car.

Any Shelby's?

Rain Man
03-02-2005, 11:19 AM
frazod's coming to Colorado?

I'll give you a ride in my BMW if you give me a ride in your Mustang.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I ordered the car tonight. The deed is done.

I told my wife the car would be here in 3 to 4 months. That was the deal.

Apparently, however, that wait only applies to GTs. My V6 will be here in 5 or 6 weeks.

Needless to say, the wife's in for one helluva shock come mid-April.... :eek:

:fire:

|Zach|
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM

Apparently, however, that wait only applies to GTs. My V6 will be here in 5 or 6 weeks.

Good news...hope you enjoy

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Good news...hope you enjoy

I am so f#cking dead when that car shows up in mid-April.... :$2500:

Darkwolfe
03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Wuss.. You want the real fun, get the stick shift and dump the traction control. First time you hit a slick spot with one tire, that traction control will screw up your day. Besides, you'll save nearly 2 grand. :)

BTW, I'm on a Mustang hunt too. I'm going after the V-6 for two reasons. One, the V-6 has overall better rally performance than the v-8, and two, 29mpg on the highway in a v-6 is good numbers. Especially with today's gas prices.

The v-8 is great in the straight line acceleration and there's no denying that having 300 pounding horses under the hood is enough to make your adrenaline rise, but after driving two different 2005 v-6 Mustangs recently, I'm very impressed with the performance of that engine and the v-8 almost feels like overkill.

Mine's going to be black on black with the premium package options, with the exterior sport options. No automatic tranny for me! I'll take a five speed stick and run with it!

:D

Darkwolfe
03-02-2005, 11:07 PM

Ya Bastahd.. Gonna get yours ahead of me dammit.. :p

Darkwolfe
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Then again.. you could try to get this Mustang...

Mustang GTR Prototype.. 500 horsepower..

That'll give you chills.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Wuss.. You want the real fun, get the stick shift and dump the traction control. First time you hit a slick spot with one tire, that traction control will screw up your day. Besides, you'll save nearly 2 grand. :)

BTW, I'm on a Mustang hunt too. I'm going after the V-6 for two reasons. One, the V-6 has overall better rally performance than the v-8, and two, 29mpg on the highway in a v-6 is good numbers. Especially with today's gas prices.

The v-8 is great in the straight line acceleration and there's no denying that having 300 pounding horses under the hood is enough to make your adrenaline rise, but after driving two different 2005 v-6 Mustangs recently, I'm very impressed with the performance of that engine and the v-8 almost feels like overkill.

Mine's going to be black on black with the premium package options, with the exterior sport options. No automatic tranny for me! I'll take a five speed stick and run with it!

Actually the traction control option (with 4 wheel disc anti-lock brakes) is around $800. I figure it'll make up for the RWD somewhat - of course, I grew up driving rear wheel drive cars, so I'm not that concerned.

I also feel the V8 would be overkill. It would have been nice, but waiting 6 weeks instead of over a year (I would have had to seriously pay some shit down to afford the difference) will ease the pain.

As for the stick, as I said earlier, no way in hell will I get one where I live. Way too much traffic to contend with - I'd go insane (well, beyond the current level I can manage, anyway).

When do you get yours?

WebGem
03-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Don't let me drive your car.

tommykat
03-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Don't let me drive your car.

Hey no problem........Frazzy bear will let me behind that wheel..;) ROFL

Frazod
03-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Both of you :bang:

Chief Roundup
03-03-2005, 06:42 AM

One of the great things about having too much power is that you can let off the throttle.

Rally performance?

Who the hell are you calling a Wuss? Is it because you have ordered a manual trans? It would have worked better if you hadn't claimed the V-8 was too much car for you first.

Rally performance?

Rain Man
03-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Any Shelby's?

No. :huh: Shelbys were out of his price range. Also, he tended to buy Mustangs and fix them up, and most Shelbys are already pretty much restored or maintained.

Frazod
03-03-2005, 01:39 PM
See? Might as well have gone ahead and got the GT. If you're gonna get in trouble, go all out.

I already fessed up. She's not real happy about it, but oh well.

I'll be happy enough for both of us. PBJ

Carlota69
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM

The New Stangs are F'n hot! I want one of the convertibles when they come out--but I have a feeling my current lease wont let me get one--Can't wait to get rich! :thumb:

Frazod
03-03-2005, 10:03 PM
BTW, I did finally take one out for a test drive today. The V6 Mustang easily has more balls than anything I've previously owned. Quick off the line, great acceleration and great handling.

The V8 must be a real beast.

Otter
03-03-2005, 10:06 PM
It's gonna be cool when Raiderhader gets a rainbow sticker on the back of that one saying "California Politics Rule".

Congrats brother.

Frazod
03-03-2005, 10:10 PM
It's gonna be cool when Raiderhader gets a rainbow sticker on the back of that one saying "California Politics Rule".

Congrats brother.

Speaking of that little bastard, I only tonight realized that he put a damn Mildcat sticker on MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE as well as my back plate. That damn thing was on my car for months.

MONTHS!

:cuss:

I clearly need to kick his bony ass..... :$2500:

Miles
03-03-2005, 10:11 PM
BTW, I did finally take one out for a test drive today. The V6 Mustang easily has more balls than anything I've previously owned. Quick off the line, great acceleration and great handling.

The V8 must be a real beast.

Id suggest not ever test driving a GT. If you dont feel the power you wont miss it. I have had my mustang for 7 years and the 305 hp never gets old.

And congrats on it coming in early. Sounds like it will arrive just in time for spring. :thumb:

Frazod
03-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Id suggest not ever test driving a GT. If you dont feel the power you wont miss it. I have had my mustang for 7 years and the 305 hp never gets old.

And congrats on it coming in early. Sounds like it will arrive just in time for spring. :thumb:

Yep. I should have it by the middle of April. Can't wait! PBJ

Coach
03-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Speaking of that little bastard, I only tonight realized that he put a damn Mildcat sticker on MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE as well as my back plate. That damn thing was on my car for months.

MONTHS!

:cuss:

I clearly need to kick his bony ass..... :$2500:

ROFL

At least he went nice on you. At least it wasn't the Cubs. Heh heh.

Frazod
03-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Yesterday, the dealership found the Mustang I want. It was delivered today. I'm going to pick it up NOW.

Back much later. PBJ

Phobia
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Heh heh. See you in June, Tim.

Frazod
03-08-2005, 10:38 PM
GOT IT!

If the Viagra people are to be believed, I'll need to consult a physician in about another half an hour. :D

This car ROCKS! :thumb:

Tribesman
03-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Man I'm VERY jealous. I had to get rid of my '01 GT last summer for financial reasons. The thing flat out hauled azz!

Keep us posted on the handling, performance, features, etc.

Enjoy (you lucky b*strd).

Frazod
03-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Man I'm VERY jealous. I had to get rid of my '01 GT last summer for financial reasons. The thing flat out hauled azz!

Keep us posted on the handling, performance, features, etc.

Enjoy (you lucky b*strd).

Just got back from taking it out for an impromptu late-night spin (I think that might happen alot). Handles great, quick, powerful. Love the sound of the engine as it's moving - it just sounds mean. It has a great sound system, too, but right now I'd rather listen to the engine.

And looking at it at a downward angle from the top of the stairs as it's parked in the garage, the lines and curves really remind me of old late 60s cars - not just the Mustang, but old Firebirds as well. I hadn't picked up on that before, and none of the photos I've seen capture it.

Never in my life have I had a car like this. In the past I've owned an '85 Cutlass Supreme and a '99 Monte Carlo, and they were nice looking cars and reasonably fast, but this simply kicks the shit out of both of them. I think I'm still in shock.

I truly hope I come across as sticking this up people's asses - I'm just really, really happy.

Chan93lx50
03-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Congrats dude, I am a big mustang fan!

My daily driver is a mustang, and I have owned a mustang since I was 15 (School permit)

hence Chan93lx50, Channon 1993 LX 5.0, though I am due for an update I am starting to feel like Joe Dirt, the old stang has 150,000 on the OD.

Purchase a 97 Firebird WS6 last year, the wife claimed that though, oh well I am still attached to my stang.

If you need a website to ask questions about your car go to www.corral.net, its the best damn Mustang website on the net. If you have anyproblem with your car there is mechanics and ford finatics that can help you out in a jiffy

Have fun

KS Smitty
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Just got back from taking it out for an impromptu late-night spin (I think that might happen alot). Handles great, quick, powerful. Love the sound of the engine as it's moving - it just sounds mean. It has a great sound system, too, but right now I'd rather listen to the engine.

And looking at it at a downward angle from the top of the stairs as it's parked in the garage, the lines and curves really remind me of old late 60s cars - not just the Mustang, but old Firebirds as well. I hadn't picked up on that before, and none of the photos I've seen capture it.

Never in my life have I had a car like this. In the past I've owned an '85 Cutlass Supreme and a '99 Monte Carlo, and they were nice looking cars and reasonably fast, but this simply kicks the shit out of both of them. I think I'm still in shock.

I truly hope I come across as sticking this up people's asses - I'm just really, really happy.

Tim,

I hope you enjoy every minute of it! There isn't much better (IMO) than haulin ass. Make sure and take Mrs. Zod out too, some of the best times I remember are us Smitty's pegging out the speedo in any number of vehicles. Just keep you shat together. Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Congrats dude, I am a big mustang fan!

My daily driver is a mustang, and I have owned a mustang since I was 15 (School permit)

hence Chan93lx50, Channon 1993 LX 5.0, thought I am due for an update I am starting to feel like Joe Dirt, the old stang has 150,000 on the OD

If you can update to this, I feel pretty confident that you'd be thrilled.

Again, I can't imagine how cool the GT must be if the V6 is this awesome.

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 12:05 AM
If you can update to this, I feel pretty confident that you'd be thrilled.

Again, I can't imagine how cool the GT must be if the V6 is this awesome.

Oh gawd yes they are unbelivable cars. Ford finally did the mustang right after so many years, the 96 - 98 GT's were pooches, and finally they started getting the cars corrected in 99 - 04

Well they hit a homerun in 2005, its a good time to be a stang fan

I test drove a 2005 about a month ago, they had to pry me out of the drivers seat!

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Tim,

I hope you enjoy every minute of it! There isn't much better (IMO) than haulin ass. Make sure and take Mrs. Zod out too, some of the best times I remember are us Smitty's pegging out the speedo in any number of vehicles. Just keep you shat together. Congrats and enjoy!!!!

I look forward to getting it out in the country - then I'll really cut loose. Too many damned cops around here, and the second I bought a red Mustang I painted a doughnut-shaped target on my ass.

As for the Mrs., she was strongly opposed to me getting this (primarily for financial reasons), but seems to be coming around now that she's ridden around it.

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Oh gawd yes they are unbelivable cars. Ford finally did the mustang right after so many years, the 96 - 98 GT's were pooches, and finally they started getting the cars corrected in 99 - 04

Well they hit a homerun in 2005, its a good time to be a stang fan

I test drove a 2005 about a month ago, they had to pry me out of the drivers seat!

Did you test the V6 or V8?

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
I look forward to getting it out in the country - then I'll really cut loose. Too many damned cops around here, and the second I bought a red Mustang I painted a doughnut-shaped target on my ass.

As for the Mrs., she was strongly opposed to me getting this (primarily for financial reasons), but seems to be coming around now that she's ridden around it.

Funny how that works, sometime when you want buy a car you just have to say its her's and then you can get it!

I had to use that approach on the Firebird

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Did you test the V6 or V8?

V6

Hell they are even getting 1/4 times close to the 80's and early 90 v8's (specifically the Fox body GT's with Automatics and 2.73 gears)

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Funny how that works, sometime when you want buy a car you just have to say its her's and then you can get it!

I had to use that approach on the Firebird

My wife doesn't drive, and has never had a license (a city thing I just don't understand).

This baby's all mine.

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 12:11 AM
V6

Hell they are even getting 1/4 times close to the 80's and early 90 v8's (specifically the Fox body GT's with Automatics and 2.73 gears)

Damn fine automobile I must say!

Ooops this was supposed to be added to the bottom of my previous post oh well

Nothing like quoting yourself

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 12:13 AM
My wife doesn't drive, and has never had a license (a city thing I just don't understand).

This baby's all mine.

Bonus!

KS Smitty
03-09-2005, 12:13 AM

No doubt. the need for seped is strong in both genders, it's just that (some of) us ladies would rather enjoy the ride than the drive, even if we get wheelied off the motorcycle or left at the start line. Have fun!!

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 12:14 AM
No doubt. the need for seped She has a need...a need for...seped?

Is that like a pakistani moped or something?

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:14 AM
V6

My V6 has a single exhaust, but at the dealership they told me that if I install a dual exhaust, it'll increase the HP by at least 20. Since it's rated at 210 now, that would give it more than HP than the SS Monte Carlo.

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
No doubt. the need for seped is strong in both genders, it's just that (some of) us ladies would rather enjoy the ride than the drive, even if we get wheelied off the motorcycle or left at the start line. Have fun!!

Thanks. Believe me, I intend to.

Hopefully you'll all get to see it during the next banquet weekend gathering.

KS Smitty
03-09-2005, 12:21 AM
She has a need...a need for...seped?

Is that like a pakistani moped or something?

Obviously seped hasn't gotten ahold of you. Just wait keg...you're just rollin along and then BAM! seped hits you like a ton of bricks...

damn english nazi, may have to alert Rausch of his presence

Mr. Kotter
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Will it have an alarm to alert you to Jamie defacing your vehicle with a bumper sticker...? :hmmm:

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Seped hasn't gotten ahold of me, but I'm completely tepid.

Frazod
03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Will it have an alarm to alert you to Jamie defacing your vehicle with a bumper sticker...? :hmmm:

Let's just say Jamie will need an alarm on his person if he tries... :$2500:

Mr. Kotter
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Let's just say Jamie will need an alarm on his person if he tries... :$2500:

ROFL

Tribesman
03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
My V6 has a single exhaust, but at the dealership they told me that if I install a dual exhaust, it'll increase the HP by at least 20. Since it's rated at 210 now, that would give it more than HP than the SS Monte Carlo.

Horsepower is EXTREMELY addictive. Trust me, once the newness wears off a bit and you get used to the power, you'll want more. For some, this becomes an endless, obsessive search to squeeze the absolute last 1/16th of a HP out of the vehicle as possible. And I know what you're thinking, "Naw, I'll keep it stock". But I can almost guarantee you'll be searching the web for that K&N air filter or free flowing exhaust kit you've been hearing about. Yeah, the "power" bug is about to bite you right square in the azz.

dtebbe
03-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Just wait until it comes time to sell/trade it in. The V6 will be worth waaaay less than the V8. Penny wise, pound foolish. Go find the key to that box she keeps your balls in, and get the V8 already!

DT

Bwana
03-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Outstanding, congrats Tim! Now all you need is some serious wide open space like we have around here and you can open it up.

luv
03-09-2005, 01:00 AM

Although the V8 would have ROCKED, I'm jealous!

Coach
03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Course, I can be a bad influence... we'll probably end up dying in a fiery crash. But, ah f*ck it. We'll have fun on the way out.

If that's the case, can I have your rep? ROFL