PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson not meeting with Rolle?

chop
03-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Looks like sombody else is going to have to wine and dine Samari.

CHIEFS HIERARCHY IN ATLANTA FOR KEY MEETING
Mar 01, 2005, 12:01:00 PM

Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, vice chairman Clark Hunt, and president Carl Peterson will be in Atlanta, Georgia with other NFL hierarchy on Wednesday, March 2, for an executive session called by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

On the agenda will be some of the more important topics in recent years including discussion on the extension of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players union and the final pieces of the national broadcasting package. The NFL already has agreements in place with FOX and CBS but as yet has not nailed down an understanding with Disney, who owns and has the rights to ABC and ESPN.

http://kcchiefs.com/news/2005/03/01/chiefs_hierarchy_in_atlanta_for_key_meeting/

dirk digler
03-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Probably Gun, DV, and Denny Thum. Thum does most of the contracts anyway for the Chiefs of course CP has to approve it.

nychief
Anyone free tomorrow night? Take him out, get him boozed and laid?

cdcox
Board melt down in 3,2,1 ....

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I've heard more than once that Rolle may not be here until Thursday. Whather that's true or not I can't say.

What I'm wondering is why the hell fagliablew would call an executive session on the day free agency begins. What a f*cking tool.

DaKCMan AP
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I thought Thum does most of the negotiations..

2bikemike
03-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I think I would rather have DV and Gun courting him anyway.

jspchief
03-01-2005, 11:26 PM
What I'm wondering is why the hell fagliablew would call an executive session on the day free agency begins. What a f*cking tool.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Seems like bad timing.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2005, 11:30 PM
with Tru-Luck gone, I hope Bartee isn't in charge of getting the barbecue

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2005, 11:33 PM

So Carl wouldn't be on vacation.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
with Tru-Luck gone, I hope Bartee isn't in charge of getting the barbecue

Bartee would get brunt ends.

Pants
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM

Hahahahahaha.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Bartee would get brunt ends.

texas toast, no jam

Mr. Laz
03-02-2005, 12:20 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Laz
03-02-2005, 12:21 AM
nothing says "we really want you to sign with our team" like being out of town. :)

Valiant
03-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Tags is helping us by not having stfu and stfd there..

bkkcoh
03-02-2005, 07:32 AM
I've heard more than once that Rolle may not be here until Thursday. Whather that's true or not I can't say.

Without the Chief's defense, who would Tags give a hard time to at the State of the Game speech during SB week....
:banghead: :cuss:

He must not want to have to change his speech......

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Given the opinion of Carl's negotiating skills around here, I would have assumed that this would be a good thing that Carl wouldnt be involved...or is it the BB experts really want Carl to screw this one up?

I have a real hard time following exactly what the populace want around here.

tomahawk kid
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thum handles all the dirty work over @ One Arrowhead.

Sounds like DV and Gun should be there. That's all that should be needed to show legitimate interest in my opinion.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thum handles all the dirty work over @ One Arrowhead.

Sounds like DV and Gun should be there. That's all that should be needed to show legitimate interest in my opinion.

Clearly, you dont know anything about football.

tomahawk kid
03-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Clearly, you dont know anything about football.

Um, ok.

nmt1
03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
It's obvious to me now that Carl has no interest in improving the team.

jspchief
03-02-2005, 09:38 AM
It's obvious to me now that Carl has no interest in improving the team.

That's hilarious. It was funny the first time someone said it, but it's so much funnier now that it's been repeated in every thread about FA. :rolleyes:

cdcox
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a real hard time following exactly what the populace want around here.

That's because the PPL has disintegrated without anyone around to remind us of what it is.

shaneo69
03-02-2005, 09:52 AM
That's hilarious. It was funny the first time someone said it, but it's so much funnier now that it's been repeated in every thread about FA. :rolleyes:

And you've only been here for a year. It gets a lot funnier as the years go by.

nmt1
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
And you've only been here for a year. It gets a lot funnier as the years go by.

As does the Chiefs hating tripe spewed by folks like yourself.

Ebolapox
03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
OMG, TEH CHEIFS R IMPLODING!!

-EB-

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
I can't believe King Carl is sitting on his hands in Tampa and we haven't SIGNED ANYONE YET!?!?!

Looks like another offseason of same old/same old...

nmt1
03-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I can't believe King Carl is sitting on his hands in Tampa and we haven't SIGNED ANYONE YET!?!?!

That was funny the first time I heard it.

jspchief
03-02-2005, 11:02 AM

He's sitting on his hands in Atlanta, not Tampa. Get it straight.

penguinz
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Are you sure it is his hands he is sitting on? :eek:

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
He's sitting on his hands in Atlanta, not Tampa. Get it straight.

Why do you have to attack me? All I'm doing is expressing my opinions and now you have to go and insult my character and make it personal? I'm entitled to my opinion...

jspchief
03-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Why do you have to attack me? All I'm doing is expressing my opinions and now you have to go and insult my character and make it personal? I'm entitled to my opinion...

Your Camaro sucks too.

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Your Camaro sucks too.

I do hope you see what I'm getting at.

You're obviously newere here, so you haven't been through the THOUSANDS of "Carl Peterson sucks" threads like we have.

I made a stupid statement, and purposefully said "Tampa". You did what all of us do -- you pointed out that my post wasn't FACTUAL.

Of course, that's when the conversation becomes about you attacking me personally.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 11:33 AM

I didnt realize that repeating old nonsense was off limits...it's not for the 5 year plan joke.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
I made a stupid statement, and purposefully said "Tampa". You did what all of us do -- you pointed out that my post wasn't FACTUAL.

facts dont matter, you were defending carl. fuggin shill.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 11:37 AM
facts dont matter, you were defending carl. fuggin shill.You tell 'im, KCTruefan™.

jspchief
03-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I do hope you see what I'm getting at.

You're obviously newere here, so you haven't been through the THOUSANDS of "Carl Peterson sucks" threads like we have.

Of course, that's when the conversation becomes about you attacking me personally.
And obviously you missed my sarcasm in the Atlanta comment. I need to remember to use smilies.

And where the f*ck did I attack you personally? I thought you were making fun of that dope Z28Pete, and I was playing along with the camaro comment.

Jeezuz...I didn't realize you borrowed Pete's thin skin. For an Old-schooler, you seem to have let a lot of sand get in your vagina.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 11:40 AM
You tell 'im, KCTruefan™.

LOL! love it, Keg...that was good.

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
And obviously you missed my sarcasm in the Atlanta comment. I need to remember to use smilies.

And where the f*ck did I attack you personally? I thought you making fun of that dope Z28Pete, and I was playing along with the camaro comment.

Jeezuz...I didn't realize you borrowed Pete's thin skin. For an Old-schooler, you seem to have let a lot of sand get in your vagina.

And you obviously missed my sarcasm in that post. :D

Let me run this down for you, with brevity:

1) thread discussing free agents is moving along nicely

2) UserX inserts comment "Carl always does this! He sucks1"

3) Mulitple users respond, pointing out several instances that suggest that UserX is misguided

4) UserX curls up in ball and complains that everyone is "attacking" him and he's entitled to his opinion.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
And you obviously missed my sarcasm in that post. :D

Let me run this down for you, with brevity:

1) thread discussing free agents is moving along nicely

2) UserX inserts comment "Carl always does this! He sucks1"

3) Mulitple users respond, pointing out several instances that suggest that UserX is misguided

4) UserX curls up in ball and complains that everyone is "attacking" him and he's entitled to his opinion.

UserX = BigChiefFan about 90% of the time.