PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the Chiefs just circumvent the salary cap and buy a Super Bowl?

Kris Kringle
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
It seems to work for other teams. So they might have to get a slap on the wrist and give up a draft pick many years later. Big deal.

**sarcasm**

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 09:42 AM
FloridaChief..still have that picture handy?

shakesthecat
03-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Hey, an early front runner for "Dumbest Post of the Day"

Congrats!

Eleazar
03-02-2005, 09:45 AM

KcMizzou
03-02-2005, 09:46 AM
FloridaChief..still have that picture handy?
Dunno if FC's on...

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Thats the one...ROFL

Rain Man
03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I send them a letter every year suggesting this, and I never get a response. They don't respond to my cooking spray suggestion either, so maybe it's just their policy.

Kris Kringle
03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
I send them a letter every year suggesting this, and I never get a response. They don't respond to my cooking spray suggestion either, so maybe it's just their policy. Right. Cooking spray seems to work for "some teams". What was the penalty for that? I can't seem to remember. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Because we aren't the Broncos. :)

crossbow
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Kris Kringle]Right. Cooking spray seems to work for "some teams". What was the penalty for that? I can't seem to remember. :hmmm:[/QUO

There was no penalty because the NFL wanted Elway to get his ring. They should have stopped the game and forced the players to change uniforms. Don't know what they could have done about the call that cancelled Gonzo's TD on the last drive. They were gonna help the Donks no matter what so in the end it didn't matter.

Kris Kringle
03-02-2005, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Kris Kringle]Right. Cooking spray seems to work for "some teams". What was the penalty for that? I can't seem to remember. :hmmm:[/QUO

There was no penalty because the NFL wanted Elway to get his ring. They should have stopped the game and forced the players to change uniforms. Don't know what they could have done about the call that cancelled Gonzo's TD on the last drive. They were gonna help the Donks no matter what so in the end it didn't matter. Ding, ding, ding!! You win the prize. That's my point. There was NO penalty.

Kris Kringle
03-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Because we aren't the Broncos. :) The Broncos seem to use that old motto "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!"

Phobia
03-02-2005, 11:09 AM
There are other threads on which to share your wisdom, KK. You aren't limited to posting only on your own. I wasn't sure you were aware of the cutting edge technology we have at this site.

TEX
03-02-2005, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Kotter]Because we aren't the Broncos. :)[/QUOTE

But...but...but...According to all Bowlin and all of their fans, the *Broncos didn't have an unfair advantage at all for doing it... ROFL

* Violated the Salary Cap during their championship seasons. :shake:

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Preferably on other boards.

He shoots! He scores!

fan4ever
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Ding, ding, ding!! You win the prize. That's my point. There was NO penalty.

From what I read here locally (Phoenix) there was a fine of about $700,000; don't know about the draft pick(s). As far as I'm concerned, that is no penalty...they made up the difference for the fine in SuperBowl Champion shirts and hats alone.

Color Red
03-02-2005, 01:01 PM
The way teams circumvent rules to get a SB aggravates me too--did you see where Denver reorganized Jake Plummer's contract --I assume someone from the NFL office is paying better attention to those guys now. But, among other important reasons I don't want the Chiefs to do that kind of thing is, Lamar Hunt. He has too much class, and is too honorable. I want him to get the Lombardi trophy holding his head up.