Coach
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM
:spock:

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Captain Random has spoken.

redfan
03-02-2005, 11:11 AM
He was giving JW the biz right before his show came on. A nice production piece of sound bites from "Old Yeller" and some other movie I couldn't recognize. Funny stuff.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Anyone else remember when Whitlock left 810 and had the call-in to Petro's show talking about the new station? That had to be one of the most uncomfortable, condescending moments of radio I've ever heard in my entire life. Was pretty clear after that was over that Petro wasn't going to have anything to do with Whitlock.

chief4life
03-02-2005, 11:52 AM
What is with 810 today they have had jack shit on the chiefs who cares about the ****en royals geez this is a huge day for the chiefs so talk about that you retarded station damn. 610 is so much better than 810 :mad:

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
810 had Jay Glazer and Mitch Holthus both on Crunch Time today.

I wish Petro hadn't started with Royals talk today, but the fact is that he's in Surprise, so he's going to talk Royals, and there isn't really any Chiefs news to talk about right now. Guys are visiting today, but nothing's likely to happen yet.

And 610 has Jim Rome on right now. Nothing's worse than that.

I'm interested in seeing what they have on at 2, though. Err, hearing.

(FTR, I listen to both, they both have good and bad points)

GoTrav
03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
anyone able to recap what Petro says? Baseball talk is just a snoozer though, especially in KC.

I think I'm done with Sports Talk with Whitlock gone. I really only tuned in to hear him rant and get my Chiefs fix. I have no desire to listen to Kietzman freak-out on air or listen to him talk about K-State, NASCAR or the Royals.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
He hasn't talked any football yet, although I think he's going to after the top of the hour.

Spicy McHaggis
03-02-2005, 01:42 PM
810 had Jay Glazer and Mitch Holthus both on Crunch Time today.

I wish Petro hadn't started with Royals talk today, but the fact is that he's in Surprise, so he's going to talk Royals, and there isn't really any Chiefs news to talk about right now. Guys are visiting today, but nothing's likely to happen yet.

And 610 has Jim Rome on right now. Nothing's worse than that.

I'm interested in seeing what they have on at 2, though. Err, hearing.

(FTR, I listen to both, they both have good and bad points)

Holthus seemed much more in touch with the Chiefs than Teicher does. Man I miss Ivan Carter already.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Petro didn't talk much about football, and he wasn't up-to-date on what was going on. I guess he's focused on baseball today. He said several times that Trotters over 30 (whoops) and didn't know that Coakley had been signed. Strange, he's usually more on the ball.Holthus seemed much more in touch with the Chiefs than Teicher does. Man I miss Ivan Carter already.I like Holthus a lot, but he's sometimes a little too much of a cheerleader in interviews for me. Kind of Gretz-ish. If Gretz did interviews.

But yeah, losing Ivan Carter really hurts. Rick Dean did an interview yesterday on 810, and he wasn't any more in touch than Teicher. It's sad, really.

patteeu
03-02-2005, 01:56 PM
anyone able to recap what Petro says? Baseball talk is just a snoozer though, especially in KC.

I think I'm done with Sports Talk with Whitlock gone. I really only tuned in to hear him rant and get my Chiefs fix. I have no desire to listen to Kietzman freak-out on air or listen to him talk about K-State, NASCAR or the Royals.

Recap:

zzzzzz

Trotter, Hartwell, and Rolle in town today. I also like Coakley, the poor man's Donnie Edwards. Now back to the Royals.

zzzzzz

/EndRecap.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Trotter, Hartwell, and Rolle in town today.
I don't think he even knew Hartwell and Trotter were in.