PDA

View Full Version : LaMont Jordan - a Raider?

Mile High Mania
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Sounds like they're pretty damn close to signing him as their RB.

The Jets have always been very high on the guy and he's shown at times he has the talent. I don't know if he's a 1,300 yd 12 TD RB, but I do think he would be a good addition to that team.

While I think they're far away from being a contender... they could have a very nice offense in 2005, especially from a fantasy football perspective.

Thoughts?

Ultra Peanut
03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
He's good.

HolmeZz
Their defense is going to be laughable. :p

nmt1
That Al Davis. He sure knows how to improve his team. I wish our coach/GM/owner were more like him.

King_Chief_Fan
03-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds like they're pretty damn close to signing him as their RB.

The Jets have always been very high on the guy and he's shown at times he has the talent. I don't know if he's a 1,300 yd 12 TD RB, but I do think he would be a good addition to that team.

While I think they're far away from being a contender... they could have a very nice offense in 2005, especially from a fantasy football perspective.

Thoughts?

They will hand the donkeys at least one loss.:p

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Sounds like they're doing what KC has been the last few years. All O and no D. I understand they're giving up on Woodson and traded Kaufmann.

Iowanian
03-02-2005, 03:58 PM
The Raiders spent a buttload of cash on their Defense last season.....Ted Washington, Sapp, Ray Buchanon and ?

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Smart move. Now all they need is some blocking. And a defense.

Rausch
03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Smart move. Now all they need is some blocking. And a defense.

I'm not sold on Jordan.

And wasn't Alexander supposed to be a FA? Did the Seahawks sign/tag him?

Iowanian
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I think the Seahawks Tagged Alexander a couple of weeks ago.

Rausch
03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I think the Seahawks Tagged Alexander a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks.

I'm still surprised at the move. The Fade could get a back in the late first or second that should be solid. Probably 6 or 7 backs who could contribute.

And their biggest problem seems to be their line, not their HB's. Famous Amos was pretty good behind the Steelers line, and no one looked good behind the Fade's blockers...

morphius
03-02-2005, 04:13 PM
And their biggest problem seems to be their line, not their HB's. Famous Amos was pretty good behind the Steelers line, and no one looked good behind the Fade's blockers...

I thought Amos fell apart in Pittsburg when they made him the starter, it should be intresting to see if Jordan can do a better job on that team. I guess we will learn if Jordan was just a good number 2 guy or if he is starter material.

Rausch
03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I thought Amos fell apart in Pittsburg when they made him the starter, it should be intresting to see if Jordan can do a better job on that team. I guess we will learn if Jordan was just a good number 2 guy or if he is starter material.

I think Amos' problem was they were running him like he was Bettis, which he's not. Had they used him like we use Holmes I think he'd be pretty damned good. He reminds of Holmes.

But you need to get him in space, tosses, passes in the flat, etc...

Nzoner
03-02-2005, 04:17 PM

Thoughts?

As far as fantasy football goes I've played for 10 years and only have 1 rule,I never draft a focking Raider.I'd just as soon burn my playing fee as to pull for a Raider.

One thing for sure,this will be the first season in the last 3 that Moss isn't on my squad.

DaWolf
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
They better seriously pass protect for Collins because he's gonna be looking deep on most of his pass plays, which means he'll have to hold the ball for longer.

A team that has a good pass rush need not worry. A team without one, they're not gonna have a good time against the Raiders...

Amnorix
03-02-2005, 04:32 PM
The Raiders spent a buttload of cash on their Defense last season.....Ted Washington, Sapp, Ray Buchanon and ?

And DE Hamilton.

Alot of $$ on some really old defensive linemen...

Nzoner
03-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Didn't they also sign the dumbass who took off his helmet thus allowing the Chiefs to win in the Chiefs-Browns season opener in '02?

Amnorix
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Lamont Jordan is a good runner. He'll be a plus for whoever signs him.