PDA

View Full Version : My offseason plan...version 2.65 build 3

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Here's what I would do based on current events...

1) Sign Jeremiah Trotter.

2) Sign Ken Lucas or Samari Rolle.

3) Trade our 2nd-rounder to Miami for Surtain.

4) Trade down in the draft and take OLB Kevin Burnett and a WR.

RealSNR
03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
You don't see anyone that we need falling to us at #15?

|Zach|
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
htis,

Everytime I run your program it conflicts with BigRedChief.exe and crashes my system.

I would appreciate it if you would send a patch my way.

-Zach

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Great plan but can we afford it is the real question?

milkman
03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
If we signed Rolle, why not sign another FA corner rather than trading the 2nd round pick for Surtain, who's just going to cost as much, if not more than a Lucas or Smoot.

If you're already spending the same amount, why give away the pick, also.

eazyb81
I don't know if could afford all of that, but it would be nice. I would also try to trade down from #15, but I would pick up DE Justin Tuck and a WR. Burnett seems pretty similar to Key Fox, so I would like to see if Fox can play before we draft a similar player.

philfree
That still leaves a big question about the RLB position. IMO if we trade the 2nd round pick it counts the same as drafting a player which means we still have one more FA to sign. Ian Gold could be signed as the 3rd FA starter and be our WLB. If that's the way it goes then I don't trade down I take the best D player left. Thoms Davis maybe......

PhilFree :arrow:

shaneo69
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM

Sounds like you're basically just trying to predict what they're actually going to do.

Why in the hell would you pick up Surtain and Rolle when you already have Warfield? I know what Philfree would say, but I'm interested to hear your idea.

Frosty
03-02-2005, 07:07 PM
htis,

Everytime I run your program it conflicts with BigRedChief.exe and crashes my system.

I would appreciate it if you would send a patch my way.

-Zach

Personally, I would just delete the offending program. I think it's spyware anyway.

Chief Roundup
03-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Uh no way Warfield needs to or would be put at Nickle.
More likely 2 LB's and 1 CB in FA.

Wallcrawler
03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Why in the hell would you pick up Surtain and Rolle when you already have Warfield? I know what Philfree would say, but I'm interested to hear your idea.

Because Warfield isnt going to play the first month of the year, and he's a mediocre starting cornerback at best. He would make a great nickelback, regardless of what amount of money he is making. Hes making close to 4.5 million, and doesnt deserve it, but if getting Rolle and Surtain is possible, TO HELL WITH ERIC WARFIELD.

He could be cut for all I care if we land those cornerbacks.

Surtain, Rolle, and Trotter would take this defense to a whole other level. Capable players at key positions.

Trading down works also, because if we were to land those two corners, we would no longer have need of Antrelle Rolle/Carlos Rodgers/Pac Man Jones, pick your rookie corner....unless they cut Warfield and his overpaid salary.

Derrick Johnson most likely wont fall to 15, so trading down to nab Burnett and draft a young wide receiver would make sense, because the main defensive needs would have been addressed.

If this were to come to fruition in reality however, we would be receiving weather reports from hell, reporting a deep, deep freeze, because it would be F'in awesome.

So there's no way Carl will approve something like that.

philfree
03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Sounds like you're basically just trying to predict what they're actually going to do.

What would I say?

shaneo69
03-02-2005, 07:29 PM
What would I say?

Move him to FS. You've already said that how many times?

philfree
03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Move him to FS. You've already said that how many times?

Well I have suggested that as a possibility and of course he'd become the $.05 when we played $.05. He'd have to re-do his contract though which he should anyway but if you'll notice I try to present my thoughts as possible scenarios but not rigid thinking. Also Warfield may have to miss some games because of suspension so we'll need a decent CB to fill in if he is indeed absent. Gun also wants two CBs from some of the reports I've read and we've(the Chiefs/DV) have mentioned the S positions too so there is a possiblity that we could upgrade three positions in out secondary by acquiring two new players. I like Warfield but I still try and look at all scenarios.

milkman
03-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I have suggested that as a possibility and of course he'd become the $.05 when we played $.05. He'd have to re-do his contract though which he should anyway but if you'll notice I try to present my thoughts as possible scenarios but not rigid thinking. Also Warfield may have to miss some games because of suspension so we'll need a decent CB to fill in if he is indeed absent. Gun also wants two CBs from some of the reports I've read and we've(the Chiefs/DV) have mentioned the S positions too so there is a possiblity that we could upgrade three positions in out secondary by acquiring two new players. I like Warfield but I still try and look at all scenarios.

Hell, if we sign a couple of corners, and draft a couple more, maybe we can convert all of our converted corners back to safety.

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah, in a way I'm trying to simulate what I think they might do.

In my scenario, Warfield is on a 4-game suspension and then becomes the nickel.

Logical
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM

4) Trade down in the draft and take OLB Kevin Burnett and a WR.I don't like 3 because I am afraid it will cause 4 to happen, not that their is anything in particular wrong with Burnett.

booger
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Not trying to disagree with anyone, but has Warfield's suspension been announced?

I recall Ivan Carter saying last season that he might only get 2 games. That was from the Carter Q & A and I don't think it is archived.

philfree
03-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Hell, if we sign a couple of corners, and draft a couple more, maybe we can convert all of our converted corners back to safety.

Hadn't run that scenario yet. I was thinking that we may sign four or five MLBs though seeing how CBs no longer have a place in the NFL. We could play a 4-7 :thumb:

Kclee
03-02-2005, 09:13 PM

You had me at Here's what I... then I thought screw it, I'm hijacking this thread to keep in line with the f*ucking with htismaqe theme. :) Actually though, I like 1 and 2 very much. But, 3, draft CB in the first(to play for warfield). Once warfield is back, back to starter unless rookie is a stud. Either/or one is starter/ one is nickle. Then draft said LB with 2nd rounder. It saves a little more money by not having to sign Surtain to hopefully get more help after June 1st cuts.

htismaqe
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't like 3 because I am afraid it will cause 4 to happen, not that their is anything in particular wrong with Burnett.

Honestly, there might not be any reason to NOT trade down if Rolle, Rogers, and Johnson are gone.

We could trade down, recoup picks, and still get a Roth or Pollack, or a WR...